Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,950 members, 7,915,765 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 10:09 AM

Is Christ Real - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Christ Real (289 Views)

Today Is Christ The Universe King Sunday / Why Is Christ Both God And Man In Gods Redemptive Plan? / Catholics: Today Is Christ The King Sunday, As We Mark The Beginning Of Advent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Christ Real by johnx60: 12:30pm On Mar 04, 2023
Re: Is Christ Real by Dtruthspeaker: 3:27pm On Mar 04, 2023
Atheists are liars!
Re: Is Christ Real by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:00am On Mar 05, 2023
The title "CHRIST" is a Greek word gotten from the Hebrew word "MESSIAH" which meaning in English is "SAVIOUR"
A young first century Jewish carpenter claimed he is the Messiah but he was betrayed by his own people into the hands of their colonial masters which is the Roman empire so Jesus the Jew from Nazareth was executed as a criminal.
Now back to your question:
"Is Christ real?"

To answer this question we need to gather facts from what happened before, during and after the period this man was believed to have lived.

According to the Hebrews their scriptures did point to a time when the Messiah will walk this planet so that means they should be expecting someone who will prove to be the Messiah.

Based on what we read in a book called "Bible" it was written that the young man Jesus did so many wonderful things to prove that he is truly the Messiah before his betrayal and execution.

But are these evidences substantial enough to prove that there truly is/was a Christ?

Well we need to consider the last point which is what we have around us today as evidence that the first century Jewish carpenter is truly the expected Messiah.

In his last words it was recorded that he said to his first century Jewish disciples:

All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth. Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things" Matthew 28:18-20

It does not belong to you to know the times or seasons that the Father has placed in his own jurisdiction. But you will receive power when the holy spirit comes upon you, and you will be witnesses of me in Jerusalem, in all Ju·deʹa and Sa·marʹi·a, and to the most distant part of the earth.” Act 1:7-8

From these two comments it's clear that Jesus can only be a real historical figure and Christ if what he said is happening for real in our day.

Today is 2023 years after Jesus' birth on this planet meaning it's almost 2,000 years ago that the above quote were spoken by Jesus.
So do we truly have a group of people who are practicing what Jesus said today?

If we have such a group then it makes no sense doubting Jesus' authenticity as Messiah because that's the only evidence he promised later generations of humans that will serve as undeniable proof that someone truly walked this planet in the name of Jesus who proved to be the Messiah/Saviour/Christ

May you have PEACE! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

My Reality Of Heaven - I Died And Met With Jesus - Brother Isaac / Did Jesus Actually Died On The Cross? / Pope Francis ‘loses Patience’ With Woman Who Wanted Her Dog Blessed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.