Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,759 members, 7,875,917 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:47 AM

What's Your Salary Expectations? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What's Your Salary Expectations? (15079 Views)

Have They Increased Your Salary? / Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary / How Not To Spend Your Salary! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Salary Expectations? by MT: 1:18pm On Mar 13, 2023
[quote author=SMJay post=121478918][/quote]

This is always the simplest question for me.

I wont blink twice to give you a straight answer - Like minimum of NGN 1,000,000 Naira per month (NET) for instance.

I will consider the job requirements before the interview and I will quantify the value I am adding. If you price me cheaply, it is thanks-for-meeting-you.moment.

I do not care about what the company is paying, I spit out my worth. It is as simple as that.

No one determines your value but you. Learn to say it CONFIDENTLY.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Salary Expectations? by royalamour(m): 1:19pm On Mar 13, 2023
500k minimum

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Salary Expectations? by unmask: 1:22pm On Mar 13, 2023
[quote author=SMJay post=121478918][/quote]I expect at least 4million Monthly
Re: What's Your Salary Expectations? by Zeezenho: 1:26pm On Mar 13, 2023
Were are those urchins wicked and hearth less Yoruba Muslims AKA Afonjas. They were busy attacking gbadebo for promising a minimum of 60k per month, but non of them wanna work for 100k per month.

All those sons of falling demons gbadebo is the next governor of lagos state low level civil servant can have 60k take home guaranteed.

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Salary Expectations? by OgidiOlu3(m): 1:26pm On Mar 13, 2023
Jokerman:
As a master's degree holder with over 10 years experience

200k/300K per month...

"You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling." - Inception (2010)

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Salary Expectations? by djseanjohn77: 1:34pm On Mar 13, 2023
[quote author=SMJay post=121478918][/quote]

The best thing to do is make a current market survey to know range of salaries paid for the role. I did a mistake few years back, i was desperate, and it was the first time i will have something big coming my way. I was not so experienced for the role as well. the interview was to be in 3 different stages - The main Contractor, The Consultancy, and the Client (Government Agency). I did well at the contractor and Consultancy level, but they were not so convinced about my hands-on experience on the job. They noted that on my interview evaluation form, as I was told later. They still went on to approve me as Sustainability Engineer, while waiting for the Client's interview. When asked what i expected, i mentioned a little above half of what is the market's least, , and they cam down a bit than what i requested. I had no choice at the time, but to accept it.

In about a month's time, i was posted to another project, i had to pass through another consultant's interview, but the role was for a Manager, working in the same capacity as the previous one, just title change, as i would be reporting directly. The only difference is that in the former, i have a channel of communication i have to go through, but in this other role, i am solely responsible for reportage, meetings, and direct line of communication to the Project Director, Consultant or Clients.
I accepted the offer, it changed my life at the time, but i soon realized i was used as I doubled up, I impressed them and also passed the client's interview. A few months later, I started demanding for a raise, it took a while before they did, even with Covid, they did raise it by 30%, but not sufficient or near market range.
Ever since, they have refused to increase it, and i am on a contract that i cannot just leave. Life is better with the pay, could be better, but i have learned to be content with it as i am not really one into a flashy lifestyle or excess. people earning twice as much as i earn do come to me seeking for professional advice and reporting, which i do freely. The market has been bad as well since covid was over, things have dragged, and many jobs lost, but i thank God mine is still intact, those that left my company for better offers have been jobless for over a year now.

My advice is always to do your research, know if the company itself is downsizing, cutting costs, or on a budget, know their current package range., and compare with what other similar companies pay. When you have these, still insist they name their offer. however, if you are going for a higher role, be sure to name your price in respect to your expertise, and professional certification.

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Salary Expectations? by anochuko01(m): 1:41pm On Mar 13, 2023
I've developed this mindset that "we're all using ourselves"

If you think you're being smart by paying me less than I deserve, also have it in mind that I'm smart enough to sharply get the knowledge I need from you and move to a better place. At the end, such employers are always on the losing side. Always

10 Likes

Re: What's Your Salary Expectations? by cooooooks(m): 2:04pm On Mar 13, 2023
I used to put salary range in my postings.

In my experience, transport, and relatedly accomodation, is the biggest issue.

Rubyjade:
what happens to employers stating the salary budget ranges for the roles they want to fill before both prospective candidates and hiring managers invest their time and resources in the recruitment process.

Besides, there are many reasons prospective candidates could be asking for higher salary in lieu of what prospective employers want to offer. This could be education, training, current salary, experience, skill, exposure, cost of living, background etc. And this could equally influence one in accepting lower salary.

But I sometime feel that hiring managers ask for one's salary expectation with a motive to pay lower than budget.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Salary Expectations? by cooooooks(m): 2:08pm On Mar 13, 2023
Lol. Have to balance this out with output, investment in colleagues and long term future.

Have also hired at relatively high salaries only for people to disappear or even commit fraud.

Being there for colleagues (burials, weddings, illness) is probably a bigger draw.

Before I left, the next thing I wanted to do (to keep staff) was to introduce healthcare.

I think benefits (family wide benefits) is what keeps people.

Shoodboi:
Hire based on value rather than salary. When you hire based on how low the employee is willing to take, you get hungry and desperate cheapskates that will never give you their best. Most will only use the money they get from your job to print more CVs and pay transport fare to interviews.

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Salary Expectations? by Lannister360: 2:10pm On Mar 13, 2023
Jokerman:

200k/300K per month...

This salary expectation is poor

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Salary Expectations? by Omoalaji12: 2:23pm On Mar 13, 2023
Salary expectation is abroad subject, there many different way to evaluate salary based on the jobs.

For tech Jobs, the salary has been growing a lot but there is not job security

For healthcare job, the salary is not growing but there is job security there

But the best job in Lagos now are like hospitality job via restaurants and hotels.

for highest paying tech jobs see here : http://hubforjobs.com/highest-paid-tech-jobs-in-nigeria

1 Like

Re: What's Your Salary Expectations? by Kasiyya(m): 2:47pm On Mar 13, 2023
Jokerman:

200k/300K per month...
you should be thinking about 6 figures

1 Like

Re: What's Your Salary Expectations? by teewhydope(m): 2:47pm On Mar 13, 2023
750k to 1+m in Nigeria depending on the company, 3k$ - 5k$ foreign gig

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Salary Expectations? by MadamExcellency: 2:48pm On Mar 13, 2023
Jokerman:
As a master's degree holder with over 10 years of experience

200k/300K per month...

Will that money solve your problems?

How do you people manage such money? Why not from 500k/month for a living wage

5 Likes

Re: What's Your Salary Expectations? by oluwatosin070: 3:44pm On Mar 13, 2023
I think companies needs to start stating the salaries on each job post.

Some HR underpay you if you do not value yourself.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Salary Expectations? by MadarasBlade(m): 3:49pm On Mar 13, 2023
teewhydope:
750k to 1+m in Nigeria depending on the company, 3k$ - 5k$ foreign gig

Foreign gigs are easy to come by?
Re: What's Your Salary Expectations? by Jefferyhi86(m): 4:08pm On Mar 13, 2023
Will we give you 30000 for a manager position , u av to bring in two suerty who has a property, the MD of destB hotel na God go punish you grin

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Salary Expectations? by Oyindamolah: 4:12pm On Mar 13, 2023
shocked
Lannister360:

This salary expectation is poor
Re: What's Your Salary Expectations? by Oyindamolah: 4:13pm On Mar 13, 2023
grin
Jefferyhi86:
Will we give you 30000, u av to bring in two suerty who has a property, the MD of destB hotel na God go punish you grin
Re: What's Your Salary Expectations? by sherylbaky(f): 4:14pm On Mar 13, 2023
Jokerman:

200k/300K per month...
That's too small compared to your experience. Top it up please

1 Like

Re: What's Your Salary Expectations? by Khafsun: 4:21pm On Mar 13, 2023
ThiefnubuBandit:
When you go to developed and sane societies, salary for job roles are included in job advert so that job seekers can decide whether to apply or not. In Nigeria, they will start asking stupid questions like 'What do you want us to pay you?' How stupid and idiotic can a question be? You want to hire someone and you're asking him/her what they think they should receive?
They negotiate for salaries everywhere regardless of whether a salary is stated or not.
Re: What's Your Salary Expectations? by DearGorgeous(f): 4:28pm On Mar 13, 2023
A structured organization shouldn't ask such a question during interview, because that's the function of Job Evaluation. I doubt if recruiters still remember it's key role during interviews, anyway.
Re: What's Your Salary Expectations? by HellVictorinho7: 5:44pm On Mar 13, 2023
4urk the day i was born!!!
Re: What's Your Salary Expectations? by HellVictorinho7: 5:53pm On Mar 13, 2023
sherylbaky:
That's too small compared to your experience. Top it up please
sapa caused it,reducing his goal, cry cry

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Salary Expectations? by HellVictorinho7: 5:55pm On Mar 13, 2023
MadamExcellency:

Will that money solve your problems?

How do you people manage such money? Why not from 500k/month for a living wage
no hope ,problems wan kill person.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Salary Expectations? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Mar 13, 2023
cooooooks:
Lol. Have to balance this out with output, investment in colleagues and long term future.

Have also hired at relatively high salaries only for people to disappear or even commit fraud.

Being there for colleagues (burials, weddings, illness) is probably a bigger draw.

Before I left, the next thing I wanted to do (to keep staff) was to introduce healthcare.

I think benefits (family wide benefits) is what keeps people.

You're correct with family wide benefits keeping people. On hiring people with high salaries, it's possible to hire an idiot and pay them a high salary. I mean, the idiot would have taken the low salary and still stolen from you, so the high salary is just a bonus to them. My comment is targeted at hiring quality employees. Those ones that will only take your job if the salary is high enough to make it worthwhile.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Salary Expectations? by Rubyjade: 8:54pm On Mar 13, 2023
cooooooks:
I used to put salary range in my postings.

In my experience, transport, and relatedly accomodation, is the biggest issue.

These leave next to nothing to even save
Re: What's Your Salary Expectations? by Onyinyechiugly1(f): 9:27pm On Mar 13, 2023
Ok

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Massive Recruitment At Pharma Deko Plc (1000 Positions) -apply Before Deadlline / I Got A Job Through Nairaland / GE Nigeria Graduate & Experienced Job Recruitment (10 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.