Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,630 members, 7,951,605 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 07:19 PM

The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved (56796 Views)

World’s Rarest Passport That's Held By Only 500 People Is Over 900 Yrs Old (Pix) / Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods / Toll Gates In Dubai: See What Can Be Achieved With Technology (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Nobody: 12:01pm On Mar 10, 2023
pacespot:

$10k is a lot of money in Nigeria o, that is about 7.5 million Naira. The fact that you mentioned it this way shows that that amount is a small money in abroad.

But is he spending that money in Nigeria? That $10k might not be enough to pay 5months rent where he lives. Most of you do wrong mental calculation in your head
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Regex: 12:04pm On Mar 10, 2023
Kingofmykingdom:

I’ve been here in US for 3 years and will be 4 years next year June and I make more than $700k annually.2022 I made $988k

Na drugs oh... This guy don join cartel... 😂 😂

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Regex: 12:11pm On Mar 10, 2023
emmaodet:

I don't believe this.

Omo, the way guys are lying about this abroad something eh... 😂 😂 How! I know nurses are paid more, but not to the extent of nearly half a million. E choke oh.... Health sector in US that is under funded by their budget. Abeg.

2 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by wildikeman(m): 12:30pm On Mar 10, 2023
OgaTheTop2:
Don't think everyone does drugs like Tinubu. You said you are in US, what's your credit scores? I will point you to the right direction and you will get money to help you in achieving magic grin

My guy help me na...i need to come to that abroad too.. I'm not joking o...i really need to get the Bleep out of here at least for my sanity
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Buliwyf: 12:48pm On Mar 10, 2023
chimpad:
Bunch of lairs on this thread! I live in America. I work IT, I'm comfortable and successful, but I can tell you your figures are fictitious and lies.

You dey mind them. People just like lying online. I don't know if it's just a way to escape the reality of their lives by revelling in fiction cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by azpekuliar: 12:57pm On Mar 10, 2023
YorubaSamurai:
hahahahaha see this fool.. I get families and siblings for abroad...
You be real mumu I swear grin

Only a fool brags about the accomplishment of his siblings and not himself. Sleep on Nairaland and keep calling others Osu/Okoro while other people are making a success of their lives. Tomorrow you will be angry and vent your frustration at them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by YorubaSamurai: 1:04pm On Mar 10, 2023
[quote author=azpekuliar post=121629200]

Only a fool brags about the accomplishment of his siblings and not himself. Sleep on Nairaland and keep calling others Osu while other people are making a success of their lives. Tomorrow you will be angry and vent your frustration at them. [/I]i don't rely on my siblings or families you fool
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Fredge(m): 1:10pm On Mar 10, 2023
Kingofmykingdom:
I made a comment here that I gross $988k this 2022 and gross $750+k 2021 and have only been in the United States 3 years going to 4 years by June, someone said I’m lying and some other said no true. Now let me explain in details.

Firstly majority Nigerians in the US are not much exposed to living abroad, how things work in the United States, and many Nigerians, USA is their first travel experience/ destination.

What most Nigerians do when they travel to the United States is to get education and become either a Nurse, Doctor or Engineer, Work in the DC ( Distribution center or fulfillment centers) aka warehouse, housekeepers, some are Uber drivers and that’s all, which to me is not bad and maybe that’s what works for them and pays their bill.

You make money in healthcare especially RN if you’re ready to work overtime not only in Healthcare but in any other sector, you must work overtime to make more and remember the more money you make the change in your tax bracket, meaning you’ll be paying back to Uncle Sam ( IRS).

While Nigerians are working others are making it big doing business like the Russians, Indians, Chinese, Mexicans and Europeans but Africans are just working with no life.

US is designed in a way that you work and work then govt will take it back through health, that’s why Healthcare is expensive in US because you must surely end up in the hospital with either back injury, cancer or another sickness.

I live in Buckhead, Atlanta GA and to be honest most Nigerians are scared to try out new things and scared of challenges while the Russians, Indians and Chinese are taking the risk to become millionaires.

Russians and E. Europe controls the trucking industry in Mid-West, Indians owns 90% of all the gas stations in the US, Chinese are into importation, real estate flipping and food, Mexicans are into construction, trucking, restaurants, White own 90% of Trucking business in the US and are the major players.

Now to my story, I came to the US with $12300 after my tickets and others, I went straight to a boot camp with GTech and after graduation I got a job with Microsoft Atlantic Station as Data Analyst competing with Indians, after working for 7 months I upgraded my certificate to cloud engineering, then left the Microsoft to work for Walmart HQ in Arkanas as a System Admin, then Networking Engineer then Snr Cloud Engineer, I was earning roughly $110/hr working 40hrs/wk , which I was able to save and form my company ( s-corp).

I bought a 26ft box truck after I left my job to start a trucking company with hope, which after I got a loan from a community bank and added another truck, making it 2, I was driving one of the truck and have a driver in the other one paying him 25% after fuel deductions and both were doing OTR, hauling for Amazon and booking loads off Loadboards, I made in my first year almost $210k gross.

I enrolled for 3 weeks to earn my CDL A, which I saved enough from the box truck and bought a semi doing hook and drop for Amazon and booking off from other brokers I built up a relationship with during the Covid as rate was skyrocketing to even$10/mile and I was covering 4000 miles a week.

I made enough money from the Semi and 2 box truck, which I later sold off the box truck and venture fully into Semi. I approached 4 banks and luckily I was approved. I got firstly 3 semi and 3 trailers then got my Hazmat, Tanker, Twic, TSA endorsements.

I paid off my loans quickly and applied for another business loan with a business deal/plan to banks, I have BOA, Chase, Delta approved my loan/ financing with 3.5% interest rate and I was able to purchase more trucks ( semi and trailers ).

Today I have a fleet ( 12 Tractors with trailers), I have 4 53ft Refeer Trailers, 4 53ft Dry Van, 3 48ft Flatbed, I step deck. I am into LTL, FTL, Dedicated, Long Haul ( Coast -Coast) Hazmat,

I have a dedicated lane FL - Oregon ( Reefer ) 3 times in a week and each trip pays $65,600 3 times in a week

I have a dedicated hazmat lane from NY - CA 2 times in a week ( $88 ,000 a week )

My 3 flat bed makes almost $52000 each every week and my step deck makes almost $30,000 weekly

I have 14 employees, 12 drivers and 1 broker/dispatcher that dispatch my trucks.

I know my overhead expenses are high but as S-Corp, I pay myself $10k weekly as the ceo and works only 4 hrs daily and mostly from home.

Amazing!
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Change23: 1:24pm On Mar 10, 2023
You can achieve everywhere you are....... Abroad or at home.

Check this out

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/TJ0GKH4brdQ

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/G1NsdH-Dnjg
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by PoliteActivist: 1:28pm On Mar 10, 2023
SocialJustice:
I have been a landlord in a highbrow area of my town since 2017. I'm here to correct the opinion not talk about material results. I could get into the UK and decide to do only £5m deals and above. Believe me 5 years is too much for me to get to £1m. Credit economies are on their own level, Nigeria is nowhere near that league.

So why aren't all landlords in UK all millionaires? My friend credit is a two-way sword - it can also quickly get you into bankruptcy. Besides, there's plenty credit in Nigeria. Banks just have to make sure you don't really need the money before they lend it to you - like everywhere else!
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by PoliteActivist: 1:37pm On Mar 10, 2023
cococandy:

If he’s in Northern California in one of the union hospitals he is. Please stop arguing: argh

If this, if that. You people forget we can easily look these things up online. Bureau of Labour Statistics (BLS) deals with these people's salaries directly and puts everything online. It is not like Nigeria where you are unsure

2 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by BigDawsNet: 1:38pm On Mar 10, 2023
Ebubu2:

nursing, pharmacy versus tech which would u advice

Nursing , Tech... I don't know much about pharmacist but I'm sure they make good income...

If you can go for Nursing.. it's cool.. you may not have enough time for family but you make baddest money

Tech.. you have time for yourself and family and you make lots of money after many years of experience
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by chimpad: 1:39pm On Mar 10, 2023
I'm in cyber sec. Currently earn below 150k on contract. In terms of earning 100k per annum, people aren't lying. That's not money after they take both state and fed taxes bro. That's why we have to keep two 9-5.
It's mostly like Entry level = 60k - - - 90k
Mid = 100k------130k
Experienced= 150k and above depending on maybe its a contract or full position.
Earning depends on the area of IT tho. Full stack, cybersec seems like the top earners.
Ebubu2:
can you quote the likely average salary you earn in IT annually? it would do us good in estimating.

some people here be claiming 100k per annum. can you validate or invalidate this?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by kroger: 1:40pm On Mar 10, 2023
AbdulMagaji:

God bless you brother

You too.. Keep me updated on your journey.
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by PoliteActivist: 1:44pm On Mar 10, 2023
cococandy:

Indeed is not a reliable source of income estimate actually

Funny girl. Indeed is not reliable and you are. Indeed, Glassdoor, salary.com, BLS, SalaryExpert all say about the same thing. They are all wrong except you!

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by SocialJustice: 1:44pm On Mar 10, 2023
PoliteActivist:

So why aren't all landlords in UK all millionaires? My friend credit is a two-way sword - it can also quickly get you into bankruptcy. Besides, there's plenty credit in Nigeria. Banks just have to make sure you don't really need the money before they lend it to you - like everywhere else!
I hear.
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by azpekuliar: 1:46pm On Mar 10, 2023
[quote author=YorubaSamurai post=121629362][/quote]

The mere fact that you mentioned them when the conversation had absolutely nothing to do with them tells me all I need to know - you are a jobless oaf!

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by PoliteActivist: 1:50pm On Mar 10, 2023
pacespot:

$10k is a lot of money in Nigeria o, that is about 7.5 million Naira. The fact that you mentioned it this way shows that that amount is a small money in abroad.

You people are funny. "$10K is small money in abroad". See below

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by chimpad: 1:54pm On Mar 10, 2023
Your analysis is on point. As an aspiring O/O, I hope to get into this sector soon with reefers and flatbeds. God bless your hustle and for sharing this great success story.
Kingofmykingdom:
I made a comment here that I gross $988k this 2022 and gross $750+k 2021 and have only been in the United States 3 years going to 4 years by June, someone said I’m lying and some other said no true. Now let me explain in details.

Firstly majority Nigerians in the US are not much exposed to living abroad, how things work in the United States, and many Nigerians, USA is their first travel experience/ destination.

What most Nigerians do when they travel to the United States is to get education and become either a Nurse, Doctor or Engineer, Work in the DC ( Distribution center or fulfillment centers) aka warehouse, housekeepers, some are Uber drivers and that’s all, which to me is not bad and maybe that’s what works for them and pays their bill.

You make money in healthcare especially RN if you’re ready to work overtime not only in Healthcare but in any other sector, you must work overtime to make more and remember the more money you make the change in your tax bracket, meaning you’ll be paying back to Uncle Sam ( IRS).

While Nigerians are working others are making it big doing business like the Russians, Indians, Chinese, Mexicans and Europeans but Africans are just working with no life.

US is designed in a way that you work and work then govt will take it back through health, that’s why Healthcare is expensive in US because you must surely end up in the hospital with either back injury, cancer or another sickness.

I live in Buckhead, Atlanta GA and to be honest most Nigerians are scared to try out new things and scared of challenges while the Russians, Indians and Chinese are taking the risk to become millionaires.

Russians and E. Europe controls the trucking industry in Mid-West, Indians owns 90% of all the gas stations in the US, Chinese are into importation, real estate flipping and food, Mexicans are into construction, trucking, restaurants, White own 90% of Trucking business in the US and are the major players.

Now to my story, I came to the US with $12300 after my tickets and others, I went straight to a boot camp with GTech and after graduation I got a job with Microsoft Atlantic Station as Data Analyst competing with Indians, after working for 7 months I upgraded my certificate to cloud engineering, then left the Microsoft to work for Walmart HQ in Arkanas as a System Admin, then Networking Engineer then Snr Cloud Engineer, I was earning roughly $110/hr working 40hrs/wk , which I was able to save and form my company ( s-corp).

I bought a 26ft box truck after I left my job to start a trucking company with hope, which after I got a loan from a community bank and added another truck, making it 2, I was driving one of the truck and have a driver in the other one paying him 25% after fuel deductions and both were doing OTR, hauling for Amazon and booking loads off Loadboards, I made in my first year almost $210k gross.

I enrolled for 3 weeks to earn my CDL A, which I saved enough from the box truck and bought a semi doing hook and drop for Amazon and booking off from other brokers I built up a relationship with during the Covid as rate was skyrocketing to even$10/mile and I was covering 4000 miles a week.

I made enough money from the Semi and 2 box truck, which I later sold off the box truck and venture fully into Semi. I approached 4 banks and luckily I was approved. I got firstly 3 semi and 3 trailers then got my Hazmat, Tanker, Twic, TSA endorsements.

I paid off my loans quickly and applied for another business loan with a business deal/plan to banks, I have BOA, Chase, Delta approved my loan/ financing with 3.5% interest rate and I was able to purchase more trucks ( semi and trailers ).

Today I have a fleet ( 12 Tractors with trailers), I have 4 53ft Refeer Trailers, 4 53ft Dry Van, 3 48ft Flatbed, I step deck. I am into LTL, FTL, Dedicated, Long Haul ( Coast -Coast) Hazmat,

I have a dedicated lane FL - Oregon ( Reefer ) 3 times in a week and each trip pays $65,600 3 times in a week

I have a dedicated hazmat lane from NY - CA 2 times in a week ( $88 ,000 a week )

My 3 flat bed makes almost $52000 each every week and my step deck makes almost $30,000 weekly

I have 14 employees, 12 drivers and 1 broker/dispatcher that dispatch my trucks.

I know my overhead expenses are high but as S-Corp, I pay myself $10k weekly as the ceo and works only 4 hrs daily and mostly from home.

2 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by YorubaSamurai: 2:00pm On Mar 10, 2023
azpekuliar:

The mere fact that you mentioned them when the conversation had absolutely nothing to do with them tells me all I need to know - you are a jobless oaf!
motor accident will take away your life untimely if you don't stop quoting me
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by sunboy(m): 2:22pm On Mar 10, 2023
PoliteActivist:

You forget we have google. See below

Travel nurses make close to that, what you see online is their base pay/hr, they get additional income from their daily upkeep allowances which goes to paying for their hotel, car rental and stuff. It all does add up.
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by OlawaleBammie: 2:25pm On Mar 10, 2023
Despacito1:

You can't do what they're doing, only selling of ashishi is money here, but Can you risk doing that? Moroccans, Tunisia, Albania immigrants are doing this illegal drugs stuff and Europeans are tired of them, because once you deport one, he will tell his brothers over there in Tunisia, Romania, Morrocco etc that there is money selling drugs over there. he will mobilise along with him more 10 of his kind into journey to go back through water or shipping smuggle route the next day. They're plenty of them here returning after deportation, the police won't do anything to them. They disturb people to buy stuff even In front of surveillance cameras and near police stations. They're not Afraid going to jail or being deported.
My oyibo oyibo colleagues will buy those little Maggie stuff of 5gram for 100euro... This is what an honest worker like you won't get for a week depending on your job.

Sir pls enlighten me, u mean people hardly get up to 100euro a week??

But I heard the pay is hourly now and the minimum is 12euro or so per hour, now let say u work 8hours a day minimum (which I know u will do more) 12*8 = 96euro and let assume u work five days a week minimum (which I know u will do more) 96*5 = 580euro..

So what are we saying here bro??
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by sunboy(m): 2:26pm On Mar 10, 2023
keleto:
For us in Canada, how do we plan to make this money?. The money you guys are mentionng makes me shiver

My advice; don’t take everything you read here 100%. Find your legal path, build on it and anything is possible. You know know for sure who’s lying or saying the truth until you see their 1099 or W2s.

Don’t pressure yourself o
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by emmaodet: 2:32pm On Mar 10, 2023
naijaboy99:
No you make 10trillion dollars monthly. That factory job wey don bend your back still dey wait for you tonight. I just pray you get back your mental state after slaving like machine earning $13 per hour. Hope you steal your roommate beans and rice today cos the hunger wey blast you yesterday fit kpai you today

grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by sunboy(m): 2:33pm On Mar 10, 2023
YorubaSamurai:
post prove here or shutup

Hahaha 😂😂😂 I decided to ignore him.
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by emmaodet: 2:34pm On Mar 10, 2023
Regex:

Omo, the way guys are lying about this abroad something eh... 😂 😂 How! I know nurses are paid more, but not to the extent of nearly half a million. E choke oh.... Health sector in US that is under funded by their budget. Abeg.

grin grin grin

My brother

I don laff tire for this thread
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by emmaodet: 2:35pm On Mar 10, 2023
Simpguy46:

I think these people are confused. Most of these guys quoting figures think the same way they easily rake in #1M monthly in Nigeria is the same way it dey easy to rake in $50k monthly in America 😂. LoL, except you're actually a business owner. Most of Those guys quoting figures are actually students on student Visa in the US making nothing more than $1500 monthly. But then it's a faceless forum

grin

My brother.
Many nairalanders are Lions. Lie lie too full their mouth

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by sunboy(m): 2:37pm On Mar 10, 2023
emmaodet:

grin grin

My brother, I come check the thread topic again whether na Zimbabwe dollars Dem dey talk about sef.
I tiree for this nairaland

Linus too plenty

😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by sunboy(m): 2:43pm On Mar 10, 2023
Ebubu2:
can you quote the likely average salary you earn in IT annually? it would do us good in estimating.

some people here be claiming 100k per annum. can you validate or invalidate this?

Yes 80-100k is realistic for most mid level IT experience , but then you don’t take all that home. That’s why we saying majority of these folks dropping figures here are either lying or they are money pickers at night 😂 we know them, using IT to cover face.

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by sunboy(m): 2:44pm On Mar 10, 2023
Emetex22:

It depends bro, If u have support, pharmacy is awesome and pays better with ease, Tech is fun and rewarding because it will be a hobby and takes u round the country, nursing is more flexible but stressful but u can work in between shifts and probably easier to attain while doing other hussles.

How does tech take you round the country ?
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by sunboy(m): 2:49pm On Mar 10, 2023
Buliwyf:

You dey mind them. People just like lying online. I don't know if it's just a way to escape the reality of their lives by revelling in fiction cheesy

That’s how they compensate themselves that they are doing great 😊
I remember somebody back when I was in Lagos, he would come home and spend like a drug dealer lol he brags about how he throw a $50k birthday for his gf back in the US and how he works in IT… fast forward to when I moved to the US living in Cali, I decided to visit his state to go learn o make he show me the way lol
I got to realize that baba works in semiconductor clean room as assembling technician make about $17 back then, if we minus his rent from his income there’s no way he would survive. I realize he was a picker for yahoo boys 😂😂😂

At the end of the day, if person no show me their w2 or 1099, Abeg no pressure me 😂

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by AZUH: 2:51pm On Mar 10, 2023
Kobicove:

You make it sound so easy undecided
It takes years but if the money is above 10m I can’t leave it for someone cos court is safe place to land . Court does not take bribe for small cases like that . It is not politics case . It is money had and received .

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply)

[PHOTOS] BEAUTIFULL CITIES IN NORTHERN NIGERIA / A Nigerian Student Who Fled Ukraine To Germany Dies In A Swimming Accident (pic) / New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.