Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,647 members, 7,885,687 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 01:31 PM

Online Degrees? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Online Degrees? (1423 Views)

Degrees Are No Longer Enough: It's Time To Learn A Skill! / Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) / Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Online Degrees? by mollyben: 4:30pm On Sep 14, 2011
Hello all,
I am interested in studying law via distance learning,but I have a few concerns. Does an online degree have the same recognition as one obtained via attending lectures in the school? Secondly, I am considering University of Wales and University of London; I want to know if anyone has had any prior or ongoing relationship with either of the schools, with details. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Online Degrees? by AjanleKoko: 8:07pm On Sep 14, 2011
^^
There's a lot of arguments for and against distance learning, as opposed to earning degrees on campus. Face time is invaluable, especially at undergraduate level. Many employers do not accept degrees obtained by distance learning, especially undergraduate degrees. Though, for postgraduate, if you can't get away from work, why not?

Is it an undergraduate or postgraduate degree you're looking at?
Re: Online Degrees? by mollyben: 8:16pm On Sep 14, 2011
Thanks, I was almost going to re-direct my question to you since no one was going to respond. I am looking at an undergraduate degree though I already have one in Biochemistry from LAUTECH .
Re: Online Degrees? by BAKAREAAT(m): 1:00pm On Sep 15, 2011
Hi
i will advice you to keep to distance Learning ,you learn at your pace and off course you have the expert
mode to assist you for Answers to your questions after your course and you can then go for Experience or
if you are working in a firm that is better.
In this ICT Age ,i think online E-academy is the best.
i did one and i know that.infact to tell you it helps student to manage their time and what have you.
it is just that it could be more expensive.
Thank You
Re: Online Degrees? by lekside44(m): 1:32pm On Sep 15, 2011
beware of fake schools
Re: Online Degrees? by jahrule: 2:21pm On Sep 15, 2011
The world is going Global so physical presence does not really matter. Things that can be learnt in four wall of a place called university can also be learnt through the use of internet, distance learning packs etc. Education is not about been within the four wall of a place but if you are really educated it will show in you and your things, that is why we have those who past through school but school did not past through them.

Brother don`t be discourage, if you have the fund Go for it especially that of University of London and at the completion of it you will still attend Nigeria law school though you will spend longer time in Law school than those that graduated in Nigeria university.
Re: Online Degrees? by mollyben: 4:06pm On Sep 15, 2011
Thank you all for your contributions. Jahrule,am female not male. Back to spending more time in law school, I know law school is just a year,how many months extra will be required? BTW, I am more keen on the University od Wales because the certificate does not indicate the type of learning but that of University of London shows that it was an external programme.
Re: Online Degrees? by NET1(m): 4:24pm On Sep 15, 2011
Is there any University where I can study Computer Science? I checked up on a few (such as Phoenix), but they only offer degrees in some areas of Computer Science - not the whole thing.

If anybody can help me with a University that offers Computer Science online.

.NET
Re: Online Degrees? by lekside44(m): 9:34pm On Sep 26, 2011
what do we actually refers to as a school or a university? a place of learning. but can learning only takes place within these environment? absolutely NO is the answer. that is the philosophy behind the open university. learning can take place in your bed room so far you are receiving some forms of instructions and digesting the so called course content. but it is really difficult because of one form of distraction or the other and no one to motivate you into learning fast and wild.

(1) (Reply)

How Relevant Is HSE Certification / Social Networking Website For Nigerian Professionals / Nigerian Ports Authority Calls For Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.