Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,990 members, 7,873,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:30 AM

My Journey When I Backslid From The Truth Of The Gospel Of Jesus Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Journey When I Backslid From The Truth Of The Gospel Of Jesus Christ (373 Views)

Things God Could Have Preserved To Prove The Truth Of The Bible / The Unrevealed Truth Of The Antichrist / Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Journey When I Backslid From The Truth Of The Gospel Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 7:55pm On Mar 05, 2023
I'm a little bit busy but good in summarizing stories.
Shortly after i gave my life to Christ,i became passionate about preaching the gospel to the lost(sinners).
I denounced cultism,militancy and occultism.I stopped drinking, smoking and womanizing.
I was literally on fire for Christ.I was bold to the point that i went back to the militant base to preach to them.The boldness given to me by God knew no bound.
One mistake I know realized that i made was that I was not paying my tithe(even though i was sponsoring some church activities then)
Still typing.....
Re: My Journey When I Backslid From The Truth Of The Gospel Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 8:25pm On Mar 05, 2023
I first left the church were I got born again and baptized although i am back there because of a Church member who took it upon herself to insult people at random both aged and young (the devil used her) she was almost beaten during a church program by one brother because of her comments, many people reported her to the church authority but they still let her hold a position which she is still holding till now .

She was almost butchered by one of her neighbor before coming for one church program.She said the people who rented the house to her are our church members but didn't come out when she was almost attacked because of a comment she made to the neighbor.

When she began to directly and indirectly insult me I decided to leave the church because i believed talking back at her or physically abusing her was not a good idea after seeing that my reporting her to the church was just adding up to a pile of reports already made against her.
Still typing ...
Re: My Journey When I Backslid From The Truth Of The Gospel Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 9:08pm On Mar 05, 2023
I was having a post surgical wound which had not healed for about four years then but now healed after undergoing another surgery .
Prior to the time I backslid, some of my neighbors told me to my face that they would soon make sure i stopped carrying the bible .

Brother, sister it happened like a dream of the night.
I who was preaching to people to stop smoking and womanizing began to smoke, drink and sleep with whores.

I sometimes genuinely went alone to preach the gospel to some harlots only to find myself going back to the same spot to patronize them.
I began smoking at home which i never did before.
I engaged in twosomes and even party sex .

I humiliated the pastor who prayed for me to get my healing although i have apologized to him and he has forgiven me .
It even got to a point where I was totally naked praying in my balcony people passing by looked at me in surprise"God used it to disgrace me because i had gone back to some of my old ways"

I justified my actions using the scriptures that Isaiah walked naked but it was God showing me that I could not eat my cake and have it as I now clearly realize my errors.
The aspect of sleeping with different ladies,I justified my actions saying Hosea married a prostitute and Moses married someone who was not an Israelite .
I thought i was being led by the holy spirit but I was wrong.
Still typing ...
Re: My Journey When I Backslid From The Truth Of The Gospel Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 05, 2023
I went for hiv/aids test and i was shaking like a chicken that was poured water but i returned with joy after i was told that i was hiv/aids negative. You using scriptural reference to back up your sinful actions you might not be that lucky.
Moral of the story nothing justfies drinking, smoking and womanizing.
They are slow killers.
Another way to commit suicide is by drinking, smoking and womanizing ( avoid it) let no one deceive you.
Also avoid insulting men of God online and offline (it is another way of committing suicide)
I believe my short epistle touches the heart of any christian who is living the former life they were living before they repented justifying their actions with wrong scriptural reference to take correction and seek help by asking God for forgiveness and by seeking counselling and deliverance from a man of God before it is too late.
The story is too long i just summarized it but you have heard alot of what happened.
Share the story with those who you think might need it.
AVOID SMOKING, DRINKING, WOMANIZING (Having Sex with someone you are not married to )
I TESTIFY, JESUS CHRIST SAVES!
Re: My Journey When I Backslid From The Truth Of The Gospel Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 9:38pm On Mar 05, 2023
I went for hiv/aids test and i was shaking like a chicken that was poured water but i returned with joy after i was told that i was hiv/aids negative. You using scriptural reference to back up your sinful actions you might not be that lucky.

Moral of the story nothing justfies drinking, smoking and womanizing.
They are slow killers.
Another way to commit suicide is by drinking, smoking and womanizing ( avoid it) let no one deceive you.
Also avoid insulting men of God online and offline (it is another way of committing suicide) .

I believe my short epistle touches the heart of any christian who is living the former life they were living before they repented justifying their actions with wrong scriptural reference to take correction and seek help by asking God for forgiveness and by seeking counselling and deliverance from a man of God before it is too late.

The story is too long i just summarized it but you have heard alot of what happened.
Share the story with those who you think might need it.
AVOID SMOKING, DRINKING, WOMANIZING (Having Sex with someone you are not married to )

I TESTIFY, JESUS CHRIST SAVES !
Re: My Journey When I Backslid From The Truth Of The Gospel Of Jesus Christ by GiftAbia1: 9:39pm On Mar 05, 2023
pls type some one or people are silently learning.
Re: My Journey When I Backslid From The Truth Of The Gospel Of Jesus Christ by Kobojunkie: 2:24am On Mar 06, 2023
Godtoomuch:
■ I'm a little bit busy but good in summarizing stories.
Shortly after i gave my life to Christ,i became passionate about preaching the gospel to the lost(sinners). I denounced cultism,militancy and occultism.I stopped drinking, smoking and womanizing. I was literally on fire for Christ.I was bold to the point that i went back to the militant base to preach to them.The boldness given to me by God knew no bound. One mistake I know realized that i made was that I was not paying my tithe(even though i was sponsoring some church activities then)
Still typing....
1. I am afraid you didn't give your life to Jesus Christ. Instead, you gave it over to the religion of men as is evident from your own words. undecided
Re: My Journey When I Backslid From The Truth Of The Gospel Of Jesus Christ by Kobojunkie: 2:26am On Mar 06, 2023
Godtoomuch:
■ I first left the church were I got born again and baptized although i am back there because of a Church member who took it upon herself to insult people at random both aged and young (the devil used her) she was almost beaten during a church program by one brother because of her comments, many people reported her to the church authority but they still let her hold a position which she is still holding till now .
1. You can't get born-again in a church as that isn't how Jesus Christ said it works. You can acquire religion from your churches but not Jesus Christ. undecided

If Jesus Christ is really who you want, the only way you can get Him is by beginning now to accept, submit and obey His teachings and commandments which are recorded in the Gospels. Once you begin to accept/trust His teachings and obey His commandments, God Himself will guide you to becoming born-again and off your sib debt through the knowing of His Truth, Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: My Journey When I Backslid From The Truth Of The Gospel Of Jesus Christ by MightySparrow: 4:25am On Mar 06, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. You can't get born-again in a church as that isn't how Jesus Christ said it works. You can acquire religion from your churches but not Jesus Christ. undecided

If Jesus Christ is really who you want, the only way you can get Him is by beginning now to accept, submit and obey His teachings and commandments which are recorded in the Gospels. Once you begin to accept/trust His teachings and obey His commandments, God Himself will guide you to becoming born-again and off your sib debt through the knowing of His Truth, Jesus Christ. undecided

I think you leave this fellow more confused by your answers.

Be more direct and give workable counsel. Possibly ask him to come and learn in your congregation.

(1) (Reply)

Its Time To Stop Blaming Adam / See How Rapture Looks Like / Forgiveness In Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.