Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,715 members, 7,882,431 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 04:26 AM

No Cash On Street, Struggling To See Cash Nowadays, Emefelie Why. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / No Cash On Street, Struggling To See Cash Nowadays, Emefelie Why. (571 Views)

What Can Five Naira Note Buy Nowadays? / We Are Struggling To Survive - Total / Lagos Taskforce Clampdown On Street Traders At Ikorodu Garage - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Cash On Street, Struggling To See Cash Nowadays, Emefelie Why. by dododawa1: 11:28pm On Mar 05, 2023
BUHARI EMEFELIE,I don't think it will be well for both of you., looking for cash like begger.

1 Like

Re: No Cash On Street, Struggling To See Cash Nowadays, Emefelie Why. by Thedon22: 11:34pm On Mar 05, 2023
Are you obedient or not? Obedients supported the policy maybe because Emefiele is one of them. The curse would also go to all those that supported it.
Re: No Cash On Street, Struggling To See Cash Nowadays, Emefelie Why. by Ttalk: 11:37pm On Mar 05, 2023
Emefiele is an antichrist
Re: No Cash On Street, Struggling To See Cash Nowadays, Emefelie Why. by Emmanuella00(f): 11:45pm On Mar 05, 2023
Nawa o
Re: No Cash On Street, Struggling To See Cash Nowadays, Emefelie Why. by PointB: 11:52pm On Mar 05, 2023
dododawa1:
BUHARI EMEFELIE,I don't think it will be well for both of you., looking for cash like begger.

It's expensive printing new notes or replacing damaged ones. Use transfers when possible and use cash sparingly,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Cash On Street, Struggling To See Cash Nowadays, Emefelie Why. by DeOTR: 12:01am On Mar 06, 2023
PointB:

It's expensive printing new notes or replacing damaged ones. Use transfers when possible and use cash sparingly,
Even in advanced economies, people can still afford access to $100 in cash daily, if they so wish. But here we are, in a third world nation having to buy cash with at least, 20% of amount of cash we want, just because someone felt Nigeria should go cashless in just 4 months.
Anybody supporting this policy is certainly brain dead, at least.

4 Likes

Re: No Cash On Street, Struggling To See Cash Nowadays, Emefelie Why. by PointB: 12:03am On Mar 06, 2023
DeOTR:

Even in advanced economies, people can still afford access to $100 in cash daily, if they so wish. But here we are, in a third world nation having to buy cash with at least, 20% of amount of cash we want, just because someone felt Nigeria should go cashless in just 4 months.

Which advance country are you talking about? Advance countries use card and bank transfers, cash transactions are not popular.
Re: No Cash On Street, Struggling To See Cash Nowadays, Emefelie Why. by DeOTR: 12:09am On Mar 06, 2023
PointB:

Which advance country are you talking about? Advance countries use card and bank transfers, cash transactions are not popular.
They still use cash, no?
If the need for cash arises, they have access to it, no?
We want to go cashless in Nigeria, according to you, because printing new notes is expensive, but we ended up spending hundreds of billions printing redesigned notes. What's the sense in that?
If going cashless is the objective, why not just scrap 500 and 1000 notes instead? You see why you can't defend this stupidity?
Re: No Cash On Street, Struggling To See Cash Nowadays, Emefelie Why. by PointB: 12:17am On Mar 06, 2023
DeOTR:

They still use cash, no?
If the need for cash arises, they have access to it, no?
We want to go cashless in Nigeria, according to you, because printing new notes is expensive, but we ended up spending hundreds of billions printing redesigned notes. What's the sense in that?
If going cashless is the objective, why not just scrap 500 and 1000 notes instead? You see why you can't defend this stupidity?

As I know it, there is cash, and the N200 has also been made available for use. I'm not sure why you are suggesting that there is no access to cash.

Maybe they should re-introduce coins as they are more durable and far cheaper to maintain.
Re: No Cash On Street, Struggling To See Cash Nowadays, Emefelie Why. by DeOTR: 12:33am On Mar 06, 2023
PointB:

As I know it, there is cash, and the N200 has also been made available for use. I'm not sure why you are suggesting that there is no access to cash.

Maybe they should re-introduce coins as they are more durable and far cheaper to maintain.
There's no cash anywhere. Even most Banks don't have them. Is that not why we pay 1k per 5k withdrawal at the POS? Even at that, you'll rarely see a POS operator that has cash.
It's fine if they want to place a withdrawal limit of 50k weekly, but at least, it should be available at the ATMs as it has always been.
No, we can't revert to using coins. Our currency has little to no value and see any sense counting 100 pieces of 2 Naira coins just to buy less than 10 pieces of tomato.
The Banks should have previously encouraged small businesses to acquire POS machines for their business (of course, making it affordable too). That should have been the cart, and the implementation of the cash swap policy, the horse.
Re: No Cash On Street, Struggling To See Cash Nowadays, Emefelie Why. by yarimo(m): 12:34am On Mar 06, 2023
dododawa1:
na lie, the policy affect TINUBU only.
Re: No Cash On Street, Struggling To See Cash Nowadays, Emefelie Why. by Obaaderemi2: 12:39am On Mar 06, 2023
DeOTR:

He didn't do it to make us go cashless. We've been doing cashless transactions even before Buhari came in 2015. He did the same nonsense in 1984. Was it a policy to drive a cashless economy then too? In 1984?

Just thank God we have ATMs and pos and bank transfers now because even without those platforms the wicked Buhari would still have withdrawn cash from circulation.
Re: No Cash On Street, Struggling To See Cash Nowadays, Emefelie Why. by Obaaderemi2: 12:42am On Mar 06, 2023
PointB:

Do you see people abroad queuing up at ATMs to withdraw cash? Cash is readily available there. Using cash or card payment is optional there. Their goverments didn't make cash scarce like Buhari has done.
Re: No Cash On Street, Struggling To See Cash Nowadays, Emefelie Why. by dododawa1: 12:43am On Mar 06, 2023
yarimo:
na lie, the policy affect TINUBU only.
kid/obident spotted
Re: No Cash On Street, Struggling To See Cash Nowadays, Emefelie Why. by yarimo(m): 12:45am On Mar 06, 2023
dododawa1:
kid/obident spotted
Obident spotted?? you must be suffering from too much intake of tramadol grin grin grin
Re: No Cash On Street, Struggling To See Cash Nowadays, Emefelie Why. by Obaaderemi2: 1:05am On Mar 06, 2023
yarimo:
Obident spotted?? you must be suffering from too much intake of tramadol grin grin grin
Not tramadol. He simply doesn't understand sarcasm. grin
Re: No Cash On Street, Struggling To See Cash Nowadays, Emefelie Why. by yarimo(m): 1:08am On Mar 06, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
Not tramadol. He simply doesn't understand sarcasm. grin
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: No Cash On Street, Struggling To See Cash Nowadays, Emefelie Why. by Bridget95(f): 1:14am On Mar 06, 2023
DeOTR:

There's no cash anywhere. Even most Banks don't have them. Is that not why we pay 1k per 5k withdrawal at the POS? Even at that, you'll rarely see a POS operator that has cash.
It's fine if they want to place a withdrawal limit of 50k weekly, but at least, it should be available at the ATMs as it has always been.
No, we can't revert to using coins. Our currency has little to no value and see any sense counting 100 pieces of 2 Naira coins just to buy less than 10 pieces of tomato.
The Banks should have previously encouraged small businesses to acquire POS machines for their business (of course, making it affordable too). That should have been the cart, and the implementation of the cash swap policy, the horse.
Do you think the thieves in power don't know what to do to help the masses? They are deliberately making the masses suffer and poorer for their wicked motive.

Its not Emefiel that is the problem but the demonic cabals
Re: No Cash On Street, Struggling To See Cash Nowadays, Emefelie Why. by LikeAking: 1:29am On Mar 06, 2023
Bridget95:
Do you think the thieves in power don't know what to do to help the masses? They are deliberately making the masses suffer and poorer for their wicked motive.

In leadership you blame the leader.. So emefile is to be blamed here...

The planint was Soo poor..

The duration was too short... At least one to two years shud be fine...

That's how it's done everywia, but Nigeria own must be different....
Re: No Cash On Street, Struggling To See Cash Nowadays, Emefelie Why. by LikeAking: 1:30am On Mar 06, 2023
Bridget95:

Emefile is also a their..
Re: No Cash On Street, Struggling To See Cash Nowadays, Emefelie Why. by DeOTR: 9:52am On Mar 06, 2023
Bridget95:

If I were him and I was been used to implement policies that defies economic logic, I'd gladly resign to protect my integrity. But then again I understand Emefiele won't do that, because they his files, so he must do their biddings.
This is not his only policy that's hurting the economy. The Naira is where it is today because of his incompetence. FX now has parallel markets. The same thing is now happening with Naira. Have you not seen we can only get Naira only at the black market, thanks to Emefiele?
See, there's no compulsion in public service. In sane climes, people resign their employments if they feel they are being used to untoward purposes.
Re: No Cash On Street, Struggling To See Cash Nowadays, Emefelie Why. by dododawa1: 9:08pm On May 12, 2023
yarimo:
grin grin grin grin grin
😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅🤣🤣🤣

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi Under Fire From Tinubu Entourage Police Intervenes / I Need Bix Advise / Fashion Shop Wanted!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.