Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,807 members, 7,930,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 07:33 AM

The Paranoia Of Many Yorubas Over Lagos. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Paranoia Of Many Yorubas Over Lagos. (3546 Views)

VIDEO: Northerners Issue Eviction Threat To Yorubas Over Igboho / Many Yorubas Are Silently Waking Up / Charges Against Sowore Confirms Buhari Govt. Unprecedented Level Of Paranoia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Paranoia Of Many Yorubas Over Lagos. by OfficialAPCNig: 4:25pm On Mar 07, 2023
Goke7:

These are all lies, you can leave a better village or city to drag other people’s places and claim yours is better.

It’s also a fallacy to think the average Igbo do better than most Yorubas in Lagos, there is no data to ascertain that than wishful thinking.
Igbos are in Lagos for business. Nothing more.
Re: The Paranoia Of Many Yorubas Over Lagos. by bluegrass07: 4:33pm On Mar 07, 2023
Goke7:

Ibadan, Kano, kaduna, benin, port harcourt, Warri and so on are all cosmopolitan too, why are the igbos not dragging those cities too

What’s so special about Lagos? Or is there anything else we should know

Port of entry. Nothing more!
Re: The Paranoia Of Many Yorubas Over Lagos. by Goke7: 4:37pm On Mar 07, 2023
bluegrass07:

Port of entry. Nothing more!

Warri, port harcourt are ports of entry too.

2 Likes

Re: The Paranoia Of Many Yorubas Over Lagos. by Goke7: 4:37pm On Mar 07, 2023
OfficialAPCNig:

Not true, there is a covetous desire for more than business

1 Like

Re: The Paranoia Of Many Yorubas Over Lagos. by 175(m): 4:38pm On Mar 07, 2023
Goke7:

Ibadan, Kano, kaduna, benin, port harcourt, Warri and so on are all cosmopolitan too, why are the igbos not dragging those cities too

What’s so special about Lagos? Or is there anything else we should know

I pray Buhari or the next govt decentralizes the port of entry. . .then you will watch Lagos turn to Ekiti.

But they won't dare it. . . because they're way smarter than you folks running amok on this Igbo domination. Lagos port is a cash cow for the state. And that's what the attraction. Nothing more.

Remove the ports or develop other ports around the country and make them viable, Lagos will turn to a desolate place. . . because of this unhealthy rivalry.
Re: The Paranoia Of Many Yorubas Over Lagos. by 175(m): 4:40pm On Mar 07, 2023
Goke7:

Warri, port harcourt are ports of entry too.

Not as viable as that of Lagos. This is a deliberate policy by the FGN in conjunction with the LASG to make the ports in Lagos very much viable. The reason The Igbos and the rest of the country are trooping into Lagos.
Re: The Paranoia Of Many Yorubas Over Lagos. by 175(m): 4:43pm On Mar 07, 2023
OfficialAPCNig:

Exactly my point. Decentralize the ports and watch the average Igbo man relocate to Warri, Portharcourt, Onitsha and Calabar.

Abi u think say dem tie their umbilical cord to Lagos 🤷
Re: The Paranoia Of Many Yorubas Over Lagos. by kingthreat(m): 4:45pm On Mar 07, 2023
FreedomArmy:
but after that your mothers and fathers sold their lands to igbos and became tenants in their own land. No be juju be that

In the name of one Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The Paranoia Of Many Yorubas Over Lagos. by smokinloud(m): 4:53pm On Mar 07, 2023
175:

I pray Buhari or the next govt decentralizes the port of entry. . .then you will watch Lagos turn to Ekiti.

But they won't dare it. . . because they're way smarter than you folks running amok on this Igbo domination. Lagos port is a cash cow for the state. And that's what the attraction. Nothing more.
Remove the ports or develop other ports around the country and make them viable, Lagos will turn to a desolate place. . . because of this unhealthy rivalry.
Lagos port has caused more damages to Lagos economy than good
1. It causes gridlock.
2. It dilapidates our infrastructure
3. We don't receive derivatives from the port despite it being one of our natural resources.
4. Apart from employment, which strangers are the most beneficiaries, what advantage do the ports add to Lagos economy?!.
Oga carry body, there are lots of advantages in the SE that Igbos can leverage on to make a sustainable development and attract the Yorubas and Hausa/Fulani to your region.

2 Likes

Re: The Paranoia Of Many Yorubas Over Lagos. by smokinloud(m): 4:55pm On Mar 07, 2023
FreedomArmy:
but after that your mothers and fathers sold their lands to igbos and became tenants in their own land. No be juju be that
Don't worry we've learnt our lessons. We will send you back your landlocked region soon!.

2 Likes

Re: The Paranoia Of Many Yorubas Over Lagos. by Adaran: 4:59pm On Mar 07, 2023
A lot of Igbo people booked hotels on island because they want to vote in Lagos. This is suspicious . What stops you from voting in your state?

2 Likes

Re: The Paranoia Of Many Yorubas Over Lagos. by Goke7: 5:00pm On Mar 07, 2023
175:

Oga na that decentralisation we Dey wait for. That was even why Lekki port was built. It’s not sw governors that will build ports for them in the ss, that’s why they have governors there ok?

Lagos can never be desolate, foreigners from Asia and other parts of the world are largest investors in Lagos e.g Eko Atlantic and Lekki port. That’s the kind of investment we want not some dirty stinky markets

3 Likes

Re: The Paranoia Of Many Yorubas Over Lagos. by Goke7: 5:02pm On Mar 07, 2023
175:

Not as viable as that of Lagos. This is a deliberate policy by the FGN in conjunction with the LASG to make the ports in Lagos very much viable. The reason The Igbos and the rest of the country are trooping into Lagos.

It’s all lies, no state govt have such power. NPA are in charge of the ports in Warri and rivers, go ask NPA why are those ports are not operating at their optimum

3 Likes

Re: The Paranoia Of Many Yorubas Over Lagos. by smokinloud(m): 5:04pm On Mar 07, 2023
Goke7:

Oga na that decentralisation we Dey wait for. That was even why Lekki port was built. It’s not sw governors that will build ports for them in the ss, that’s why they have governors there ok?

Lagos can never be desolate, foreigners from Asia and other parts of the world are largest investors in Lagos e.g Eko Atlantic and Lekki port. That’s the kind of investment we want not some dirty stinky markets
In fact, Lekki deep sea port has more potentials than the Apapa and Tincan. It has rail line connected to it.

2 Likes

Re: The Paranoia Of Many Yorubas Over Lagos. by MrFourSHIRTS: 5:05pm On Mar 07, 2023
kingthreat:

We only go to fruitful lands.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Paranoia Of Many Yorubas Over Lagos. by Goke7: 5:11pm On Mar 07, 2023
smokinloud:

In fact, Lekki deep sea port has more potentials than the Apapa and Tincan. It has train rail line connected to it.

Apapa and Tin can are not deep sea ports so does not have capacity like Lekki sea port

The good thing about the Lekki sea port is that Lagos state govt will make more revenue than the FG because of the share holding and ppp arrangement which is the restructuring and resource control that many of us have been yearning for. I expect more of this kind of arrangement under a Tinubu government. When states have more power all this noise of land grabbing here and there will reduce

3 Likes

Re: The Paranoia Of Many Yorubas Over Lagos. by franchasofficia: 5:17pm On Mar 07, 2023
Goke7:

No you guys don’t respect boundaries that’s why you’re hugely resisted in every other parts of the country.

Only Lagos has been the most welcoming but has been made to look like cowards all in the name of political correctness
Igbos are the agents of development in Nigeria, you lazy guys cant use your greed to stop Igbos from spreading their developmental strides all over Nigeria.

If e pain you, use vex enter Southeast and take over Southeast.

China realized the only way Europe used to rule the world was through migrating to all corners of the world, even to dangerous regions to explore, conquer and take over those regions, that's why you see Chinese spreading all over the world, even to remote areas in Africa.

Make Yorubas wake up and start moving to Southeast too and live and establish businesses and investments there. That is the only way to stop Igbos not by making noise on social media or sponsoring poverty ridden agberos to burn Igbo businesses, it wont take u guys far bro
Re: The Paranoia Of Many Yorubas Over Lagos. by smokinloud(m): 5:24pm On Mar 07, 2023
franchasofficia:
Igbos are the agents of development in Nigeria, you lazy guys cant use your greed to stop Igbos from spreading their developmental strides all over Nigeria.

China realized the only way Europe used to rule the world was through migrating to all corners of the world, even to dangerous regions to explore, conquer and take over those regions, that's why you see Chinese spreading all over the world, even to remote areas in Africa.

Make Yorubas wake up and start moving to Southeast too and live and establish businesses and investments there. That is the only way to stop Igbos not by making noise on social media or sponsoring poverty ridden agberos to burn Igbo businesses, it wont take u guys far bro
shocked grin
You can say this to your brother in secondary school!.
Guy, China developed their country first before trying to colonise others.
You lots go to others' region to enjoy their prosperity because your region is cursed and bedeviled with underdevelopment!.
We were taught that if you don't develop your region and empower your kinsmen you will remain slaves to others!.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Paranoia Of Many Yorubas Over Lagos. by Workch: 5:29pm On Mar 07, 2023
cocolacec:

How many British,Americans are taking up political positions in Yorubaland or the East? If Yorubas take political posts in Western world only the westerners can take political appointment in Yorubaland as a principle of reciprocity.

Westerners are not Igbos.How many Yorubas take up political appointments in Igboland from Councillors,LG Chairmen,commissioners,deputy Governor?
You think migrating enmass to Yorubaland will give you the edge over the affairs of Yorubas.

We might one day unleash mass migration of Diaspora Fulanis,Togolese,Cameroonians into Igboland to change your demographics too.
mumu, one Nigeria
Re: The Paranoia Of Many Yorubas Over Lagos. by Workch: 5:30pm On Mar 07, 2023
kingthreat:

That may not last the next 50 years?
enjoy it while it last
Re: The Paranoia Of Many Yorubas Over Lagos. by 2elliot: 5:31pm On Mar 07, 2023
Workch:
So what's wrong with that? Is this not one Nigeria?
Is Lagos not a cosmopolitan city?

Are Yorubas not taking poltical positions in western countries? Whadafuck is wrong with you guys?

I use to think that Yorubas are enlightened people but many of you reason like garbage
I have always spoken and defended the igbos, but you all need to tone it down at this point. It's a fact that some yorubas are tribalistic and must be condemned, but then they have a legitimate concern, too. I follow a lot of white people on Twitter and elsewhere. There is a growing disdain for immigrants, whether they be legal or illegal because the citizens are endangered with these culture mixtures. Mostly illegal immigrants who go about raping girls and causing other security issues. And just imagine an Afghanistan immigrant telling the whites in their own country to respect his religion and all that stuff and fighting for rights he cannot have in his own country. It is bullshit.
So, you see. There is always a limit to what any man can take, and at this point some of you need to tone it down.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Paranoia Of Many Yorubas Over Lagos. by smokinloud(m): 5:35pm On Mar 07, 2023
2elliot:
I have always spoken and defended the igbos, but you all need to tone it down at this point. It's a fact that some yorubas are tribalistic and must be condemned, but then they have a legitimate concern, too. I follow a lot of white people on Twitter and elsewhere. There is a growing disdain for immigrants, whether they be legal or illegal because the citizens are endangered with these culture mixtures. Mostly illegal immigrants who go about raping girls and causing other security issues. And just imagine an Afghanistan immigrant telling the whites in their own country to respect his religion and all that stuff and fighting for rights he cannot have in his own country. It is bullshit.
So, you see. There is always a limit to what any man can take, and at this point some of you need to tone it down.
They don't want to respect our values, they are even planning to impeach the Oba of Lagos on their official twitter space!.
And we Yorubas have come to say enough is enough!.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Paranoia Of Many Yorubas Over Lagos. by Goke7: 5:48pm On Mar 07, 2023
franchasofficia:

So why are Igbos not taking over the entire world like the Chinese, see the unitary system of govt we practiced in Nigeria is what you guys are benefiting from. You lots will be more exposed if we adopt Resource control, and all this talk of agents of development will vanish.

You are indeed the parasites of the failed Nigerian system

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Paranoia Of Many Yorubas Over Lagos. by 2elliot: 5:48pm On Mar 07, 2023
smokinloud:

They don't want to respect our values, they are even planning to impeach the Oba of Lagos on their official twitter space!.
And we Yorubas have come to say enough is enough!.
I have seen the both side, and my statement is to deescalate the tension and not an encouragement to anarchy. Go through the right means to express your grievances and get it resolved. If you don't want the igbos in your region, that's fine. You can make laws to bar them from coming to your region.

3 Likes

Re: The Paranoia Of Many Yorubas Over Lagos. by MikeofAfrica: 5:50pm On Mar 07, 2023
kingthreat:

If them born you well, say this in Oshodi or Mushin. You go collect beating. You won't be killed though like your brothers in your region murder their own for not sitting at home on Mondays.

You mean the same Oshodi where an igboman, Jude, has been their representative in Lagos Assembly for over 8 years.

The same, Oshodi, where another Igbo man from Labour party recently won the house of Representatives seat.

Those agberos you are boosting about are the main reason why the igbos are making waves in Lagos.

Since most of them are unemployed, they are ready to sell their inheritance at a ridiculous price. I once brought two plots of land from one of them in Surulere at the rate of one plot of land.

They are ready to bow to any igboman that gives them peanuts regularly.

Hence do not be surprise that all the agberos in mushin will bow before me if I can deliver #5000 to each of them. That is how cheap the Yoruba youths have become.

Awolowo introduced free education to the Yorubas because he wants them to be pacesetters in Nigeria. Tinubu substituted the free education with street touts because he wants to loot the Yoruba nation with no resistants

The consequences of this is that the Yoruba youths are lossing Lagos to the igbos. Instead of you to retired Tinubu and his allies from politics, you rewarded him with the presidency.

It is well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Paranoia Of Many Yorubas Over Lagos. by Goke7: 5:54pm On Mar 07, 2023
2elliot:
I have seen the both side, and my statement is to deescalate the tension and not an encouragement to anarchy. Go through the right means to express your grievances and get it resolved. If you don't want the igbos in your region, that's fine. You can make laws to bar them from coming to your region .

grin when they have nowhere to go? they will tell you as Nigerians they have the right to live anywhere and do as they like, I don't think you know them that well lol

4 Likes

Re: The Paranoia Of Many Yorubas Over Lagos. by franchasofficia: 5:55pm On Mar 07, 2023
smokinloud:

shocked grin
You can say this to your brother in secondary school!.
Guy, China developed their country first before trying to colonise others.
You lots go to others' region to enjoy their prosperity because your region is cursed and bedeviled with underdevelopment!.
We were taught that if you don't develop your region and empower your kinsmen you will remain slaves to others!.
If you visit my village, you will think you are in Banana Island.

Stop listening to hearsay, make a visit to Southeast and spend some time.

Agreed, Southeast have been ridden with unprecedented level of insecurity since 2016/2017 that Buhari took over power and mishandled IPOB agitattion plus Fulani herdsmen saga that further deteriorated into a dangerous level of insecurity in Southeast which is part of the reason we well meaning Igbos swore to unseat APC of which we did but they still held on to straw via careless rigging of the last election.

So if its about insecurity in Southeast, I honestly agree that Southeast have seen the worst of it in the last 3 to 4 years of Buhari's evil regime, and I thank God we are witnessing the end of his cow regime and pray such evil don't befall our land again.

But when it comes to infrastructural development, if you take away government failures in infrastructure, if it comes to edifices, working villages and communities, Igbos are the number one in Nigeria.

If you visit some rural communities in Igbo land, you will be shocked by the kind of building and mansions that liter every corner.

If not for privacy sake, I would have asked someone in my hometown now to do a live video of my family house, my kindred and community market for you to understand that we are true agents of development in Nigeria.

Every other Nigerian tribe know that Igbos are the number one builders of cities, the leaders in building mansions all over Nigerian cities, this is not something to be argued cos even u know this and the baseless argument u guys give is that it's drug money lol cheesy
Re: The Paranoia Of Many Yorubas Over Lagos. by 2elliot: 6:00pm On Mar 07, 2023
Goke7:

grin when they have nowhere to go? they will tell you as Nigerians they have the right to live anywhere and do as they like, I don't think you know them that well lol
I don't think so. A people who have dared several times to leave one Nigeria can not be said of being scared to live alone.
Re: The Paranoia Of Many Yorubas Over Lagos. by kingthreat(m): 6:00pm On Mar 07, 2023
MikeofAfrica:

You mean the same Oshodi where an igboman, Jude, has been their representative in Lagos Assembly for over 8 years.

The same, Oshodi, where another Igbo man from Labour party recently won the house of Representatives seat.

Those agberos you are boosting about are the main reason why the igbos are making waves in Lagos.

Since most of them are unemployed, they are ready to sell their inheritance at a ridiculous price. I once brought two plots of land from one of them in Surulere at the rate of one plot of land.

They are ready to bow to any igboman that gives them peanuts regularly.

Hence do not be surprise that all the agberos in mushin will bow before me if I can deliver #5000 to each of them. That is how cheap the Yoruba youths have become.

Awolowo introduced free education to the Yorubas because he wants them to be pacesetters in Nigeria. Tinubu substituted the free education with street touts because he wants to loot the Yoruba nation with no resistants

The consequences of this is that the Yoruba youths are lossing Lagos to the igbos. Instead of you to retired Tinubu and his allies from politics, you rewarded him with the presidency.

It is well.

You have a point though. Much of these is as a result of the Yorubas not empowering themselves.
Re: The Paranoia Of Many Yorubas Over Lagos. by MikeofAfrica: 6:01pm On Mar 07, 2023
Goke7:

So why are Igbos not taking over the entire world like the Chinese, see the unitary system of govt we practiced in Nigeria is what you guys are benefiting from. You lots will be more exposed if we adopt Resource control, and all this talk of agents of development will vanish.

You are indeed the parasites of the failed Nigerian system

Ganduje was once quoted as saying that he would like more igbos to migrate to Kano because they are the only non indigenes contributing significantly to the development.

Wike was quoted as saying that anyone who kill the igbos have kill Nigeria because the igbos are the breath of Nigeria.

Nigeria is still surviving as a nation today is the handiwork of the igbos. Go to your state of origin today and visit your local government . You will discover that the igbos are the non-indigenes that have contributed most to her development.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Obasanjo Nominates 9 Ministers, Chief Of Staff / Wizkid Blast Jonathan On Twitter. / Pls, Nairalander, Who Is Richer Btw Ladoja & Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.