Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,455 members, 7,968,254 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 10:05 PM

Igbos In Lagos Are Not The Only Foreigners In Yoruba Land - Respect The Host - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos In Lagos Are Not The Only Foreigners In Yoruba Land - Respect The Host (1414 Views)

Job Scam: Police Rescue 50 Stranded Foreigners In Lagos Building / 2023: Those Asking Us To Leave Lagos Are They Originally From Lagos? Mr Macaroni / Xenophobia: Nigerians Attack And Destroys Car Of Foreigners, In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos In Lagos Are Not The Only Foreigners In Yoruba Land - Respect The Host by Okpeke22: 8:37pm On Mar 07, 2023
imam07:
then confront d yorubas in Lagos if they will not use your nose to blow trumpet. It is only only u people can brag. U take our gentility to stupidity abi. Nah pregnant women go piss for all your mouth before u open eyes
Confront Yoruba in Lagos in what way? Nobody is going to fight the Yoruba in Lagos but Yoruba in Lagos need to know that nobody is afraid of them. You can't intimidate people into silence. I can assure you that you'll get as much as you give.
Don't start any fight less you get a bloodied nose.

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Lagos Are Not The Only Foreigners In Yoruba Land - Respect The Host by LadyExcellency: 8:37pm On Mar 07, 2023
Imagine someone living in Ibadan, Ekiti, Abeokuta, Ondo et al threatening people in Lagos State living in their mansions. Most of these noisemakers are not residents of Lagos State and can't even find decent accommodation if they visit hence can not vote to determine who govern the citizen of the State.

If this is not a severe mental health condition, nothing is.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos In Lagos Are Not The Only Foreigners In Yoruba Land - Respect The Host by kosssy: 9:01pm On Mar 07, 2023
BombAttack:

You sold your lands to Igbos and turn around to cry foul like a headless chicken.
Igbos have bought 70% of lands in Lagos. The remaing 30% will be bought within 10 years.

So keep crying
Are you Igbo?
Re: Igbos In Lagos Are Not The Only Foreigners In Yoruba Land - Respect The Host by kosssy: 9:17pm On Mar 07, 2023
BombAttack:

The same politicians telling you GRV can't be Governor because his mum is from the South East.. they have wife's from the South East and are currently dating South East babes.

If its the turn of their children the narrative will change.

Wise up and vote for GRV for Governor.
I am asking an honest question. Just so you know I don't reside in lagos.
Re: Igbos In Lagos Are Not The Only Foreigners In Yoruba Land - Respect The Host by AnyanwuSilas: 9:22pm On Mar 07, 2023
akingangan:

All Yoruba states are developed as compared to other states in Nigeria

Igbos are the second majority in almost all of them

Oyo State especially Ibadan
Ondo with Igbo first Lady
Ogun
Ekiti
Osun of Governor Adeleke with Igbo ancestry

It's not a big deal though, but they should respect their host.

Same thing with Yoruba on Igbo states
Re: Igbos In Lagos Are Not The Only Foreigners In Yoruba Land - Respect The Host by imam07: 9:34pm On Mar 07, 2023
Okpeke22:

Confront Yoruba in Lagos in what way? Nobody is going to fight the Yoruba in Lagos but Yoruba in Lagos need to know that nobody is afraid of them. You can't intimidate people into silence. I can assure you that you'll get as much as you give.
Don't start any fight less you get a bloodied nose.
do any how and u will see any how. Nah poor ibos like u dey like wahala to happen in Lagos. Ibos wey don make money for Lagos don't want wahala to happen
Re: Igbos In Lagos Are Not The Only Foreigners In Yoruba Land - Respect The Host by eni406: 9:47pm On Mar 07, 2023
This war drum may consume you more than you expected. The worst that'll happen to you is to raise a weapon against NDI Igbo anywhere in Nigeria.This war drum may consume you more than you expected. The worst that'll happen to you is to raise a weapon against NDI Igbo anywhere in Nigeria....
Re: Igbos In Lagos Are Not The Only Foreigners In Yoruba Land - Respect The Host by Okpeke22: 9:51pm On Mar 07, 2023
imam07:
do any how and u will see any how. Nah poor ibos like u dey like wahala to happen in Lagos. Ibos wey don make money for Lagos don't want wahala to happen
I don't live in Lagos to start with but have property where I live and so can't be classified as poor unlike you church rat living in one shit hole in Makoko.
That said, the Igbo I know don't fear you and will give you back what you bring.
Again, don't start any wahala else you run back to your Iragbiji bush.

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Lagos Are Not The Only Foreigners In Yoruba Land - Respect The Host by OfficialAPCNig: 9:55pm On Mar 07, 2023
Story

I think new stream of NYSC corp members just passed out, meaning more Igbos are heading to Lagos, that's more PVC to vote against APC.

Keep wailing while Igbos keep building up.

Ramadan will start soon and 30 days later, Sallah will follow, meaning more Yoruba land to be acquired.

One Nigeria sweet.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos In Lagos Are Not The Only Foreigners In Yoruba Land - Respect The Host by Nobody: 10:28pm On Mar 07, 2023
akingangan:
Igbos in Lagos are not the only foreigners in Yoruba land but seem to be the only ones that want to overrun the city of the hospitable Omoluwabi people.

Lagos is a Yoruba land for all of recorded history before it became a major hub for trade and commerce during the colonial period.
Today, Lagos is a diverse city with a blend of various ethnic groups, cultures, and languages. The Yoruba language and culture still have a significant influence on the city's identity and way of life.

If not for colonialism,
Yoruba land originally stretches from parts of Delta State to Togo, Benin, and parts of Ghana where you have the Ewe people.

Trying to overrun another people's land will make people angry and can lead to social unrest.

Below is a Map of Yoruba Land for educational purposes

Please shut up. How do you know who is who in Lagos?

A Yoruba man that speaks Igbo can claim to be Igbo. I have engaged a Togolese that does pop. He goes by an Igbo name. He has a house in Lagos.

Everyone that comes to Lagos is automatically Igbo as every black man in Europe or America is a Nigerian.

Make una dey get sense

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Lagos Are Not The Only Foreigners In Yoruba Land - Respect The Host by twodee75: 10:43pm On Mar 07, 2023
fjjc:

What can not happen in the East is what you people are trying in Yoruba land, Hausa are far more than Igbo people in Lagos but you never see them meddle in politics of Lagos state let alone lay claim to what is not their own. This is how you people start Biafra war, we will rather go into that war rather being coward for Igbo to claim our land in the name of you buy one property or other. Respect is reciprocal.

Who started it?
Who appointed Igboman as commissioner in Lagos state?
Who sell out his inheritance in Lagos state?
Are Igbo pple not paying tax and levies in Lagos state?
Why all these noise?
Cos of money, Yoruba landlords prefer to rent out properties to Ibo inasmuch he can pay for 2yrs than fellow Yorubaman which is begging for 1yr.
This now make Yorubas in Lagos to shift to sub settlement such as sango, mowe etc.
So we don't need to cry now.... Our fathers sell out of inheritance. But in as much the foreigners own properties in Lagos! Doing thier biz in Lagos and pay all necessary tax and levies! They are part of Lagos

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Lagos Are Not The Only Foreigners In Yoruba Land - Respect The Host by Peters474: 11:01pm On Mar 07, 2023
BurialGround:
This war drum may consume you more than you expected. The worst that'll happen to you is to raise a weapon against NDI Igbo anywhere in Nigeria.

War drums that have been raised many time and that have killed, destroyed and even displaced many Igbos in their own Territory. No wonder they are scattered in other people's state.
Even if war should start today? So many Igbos would be killed. You guys are too far away from home.
I pity your ancestors.
Re: Igbos In Lagos Are Not The Only Foreigners In Yoruba Land - Respect The Host by Proudlyomonna: 11:05pm On Mar 07, 2023
Na una sabi.
PdApc structure of suffering, pain, hunger, insecurity, hardship must be pulled down.
All this noise,let's just wait till election starts.
If they don't rig again,Apc flop go be shocker.
Up Labour.
Re: Igbos In Lagos Are Not The Only Foreigners In Yoruba Land - Respect The Host by Workch: 11:58pm On Mar 07, 2023
akingangan:

Self-explanatory

Nigerians did not respect themselves in Dubai and UAE stopped offering visa-free and deported many

Basically stop selling fake drugs, clothes, and several items
Don't engage in illegal activities
And don't tell a people that their land is a no man's land and start meddling in their politics to take over power in their land.
Should we come and lick your ass?

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Lagos Are Not The Only Foreigners In Yoruba Land - Respect The Host by enemybulldozer(m): 12:15am On Mar 08, 2023
fjjc:

Whether I am wailing or not we shall see, this is how you people started Biafra war, una don dey start again. Before the existence of Nigeria, Yoruba fought many wars, so, war is not new to us.
Oh shut up! which war did you fight? don't forget how dahomey women warriors defeated una in a hurry.

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Lagos Are Not The Only Foreigners In Yoruba Land - Respect The Host by DMerciful(m): 12:23am On Mar 08, 2023
Yorubas are immigrants to Lagos..they only came earlier
akingangan:
Igbos in Lagos are not the only foreigners in Yoruba land but seem to be the only ones that want to overrun the city of the hospitable Omoluwabi people.

Lagos is a Yoruba land for all of recorded history before it became a major hub for trade and commerce during the colonial period.
Today, Lagos is a diverse city with a blend of various ethnic groups, cultures, and languages. The Yoruba language and culture still have a significant influence on the city's identity and way of life.

If not for colonialism,
Yoruba land originally stretches from parts of Delta State to Togo, Benin, and parts of Ghana where you have the Ewe people.

Trying to overrun another people's land will make people angry and can lead to social unrest.

Below is a Map of Yoruba Land for educational purposes

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Lagos Are Not The Only Foreigners In Yoruba Land - Respect The Host by imam07: 6:42am On Mar 08, 2023
Okpeke22:

I don't live in Lagos to start with but have property where I live and so can't be classified as poor unlike you church rat living in one shit hole in Makoko.
That said, the Igbo I know don't fear you and will give you back what you bring.
Again, don't start any wahala else you run back to your Iragbiji bush.
I vave said this to people like u here.. Some of your brothers are paying me house rents here constantly. Come i will give u 6 months free accommodation. Me i don work and get property on ground. I can employ u if u dont have work. U get eyes but u can't use it. U don't know who u are talking with. See idiot. Nah u dey dictate where I go live in lag abi

(1) (2) (Reply)

‘Religious War’ Audio: “Muslim,Northern Politicians Have Uttered Worse” – Kperog / States Ahead Of Anambra in eco Are Major Oil Producing States And Lagos (photos) / See How Tinubu Lied Under Oath In A Nigerian Court Of Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.