Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,205 members, 7,873,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:58 PM

Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? (5255 Views)

Why Is Belief/Faith The Highest Virtue? / Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? / We Can't Celebrate Jesus Enough- Abdulrazaq Hamzat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 2:50pm On Mar 12, 2023
vicardino:
So, where do you end up at the end of your life since you are not one of the 'lost sheep of Israel that the Kingdom of God is meant for'?
God condemned all men to perish in the grave aka cease to exists -- no afterlife-- upon death since God cursed man in Genesis 3 vs 19 - 22. So everyone who is not of the blood of Jacob is scheduled to cease to exists when their life span expires. undecided

Only those who are of the blood of Jacob are able to enter into the Kingdom of God and be saved from that curse of Death. But those of them who fail to enter in through the Narrow Gate will end up spending eternity in Hell in the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by blahc007: 3:40pm On Mar 12, 2023
chinemezeq:
Dont work, sit and believe Ok, a student who just believe that he will pass exam, and refused to read, guess what? Hehehe, i believe in naija, but u do not keep the country's law, what do u expect? Jail naa. Count Ur teeth with Ur tongue
You Don't even know the difference between works and faith backed actions in the light of the scriptures.

U sha no understand the subject being discussed, na wetin confuse u be that.
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 3:41pm On Mar 12, 2023
blahc007:
■ You Don't even know the difference between works and faith backed actions in the light of the scriptures.

U sha no understand the subject being discussed, na wetin confuse u be that.
● What is faith? undecided

● What is works? undecided
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by blahc007: 3:47pm On Mar 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
● What is faith? undecided

● What is works? undecided
You again?....aw I wan take argue with person wey I know wia em belong?

Today u be Jesus follower,
Tomorrow your comment is sounding atheistic
Another day you are neither here nor there...

Oga leave me oo....mek person wey I mention ask me intelligently and humbly
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 3:53pm On Mar 12, 2023
blahc007:

You again?....aw I wan take argue with person wey I know wia em belong?

Today u be Jesus follower, Tomorrow your comment is sounding atheistic Another day you are neither here nor there... Oga leave me oo....mek person wey I mention ask me intelligently and humbly
Do those questions I asked unnerve you? undecided
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by barikay: 3:58pm On Mar 12, 2023
Righthussle:
Religion na scam. You don't need to be saved from anything after death because there is no life after death.

Their scary hellfire "ojuju-Calabar" story is fake, they tell it to people in order to scare them into accepting their nonsense belief.

Their sweet heaven story, about a fine place with many mansions and seven virgins for men bla bla bla that one can only experience after death is fake. Only fools will believe that trash.

The bible says only fools says there is no God. The you close your eyes in death you will know someone created this earth, by then it will be too late. Repent now
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Righthussle: 3:59pm On Mar 12, 2023
barikay:
The bible says only fools says there is no God. The you close your eyes in death you will know someone created this earth, by then it will be too late. Repent now

How will you "know" something when you're dead. A dead person cannot know anything.
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by PROPHETmichael: 5:12pm On Mar 12, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

The thief on the cross did many things.

He gave justice where Jesus got injustice. He gave light while Jesus was plunged into darkness He condemned the evil while honouring and respecting the good.

Therefore, thief gave righteousness and did it

The thief did to Jesus what Jesus came to do for us. The thief was too small to do anything for Jesus. As a matter of fact, he was helpless and just wanted the curtain to be close as soon as possible.

Jesus gave the good and got the good according to The Law!

That is why the thief made it. No sir, the thief made it because he found grace and got his request approved through his beliefs and confession.

So are your deeds good or evil?

The Law shall Judge

This your write up contradicts the word as it is written, "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."
Ephesians 2:8-9)

The difference between the thief on the left and the thief on the right was pride. Even after being corrected, pride won't let the thief on the left to apologise to Jesus and ask for mercy.
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Igba123: 5:14pm On Mar 12, 2023
tunde4top:
I was expecting your list to reach 100 and not just this 6.

I don't know why we humans like to prove that we know more than the owner and giver of salvation that says this is my only simple requirement for salvation. We sha like to add our own ingredients to make it look hard to attain.

The subject of salvation in the Bible is specific and should be treated that way. Never mix it up with other subjects.

If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved (Romans 10:9)

The above is the gospel of Jesus that anyone that believes in it shall be saved (1st Corinthian 15:1-3)

Affirm the above with other scriptures like John 3:16, John 6:40, John 6:47, Mark 16:15 etc. Act 16:30-31 They all specifically say the same thing on the requirement for salvation

Did the dying thief on the cross in Mathew 27:38 also acted everything in this your long list before Jesus assured him of paradise?

That is why salvation is a gift that no man can work for. Not even Abraham attained it by work. Why are you now attaching work conditions to it?
Ephesian 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
Don't mind the op, it's obvious he has not believed bcuz like many who refuse to believe he can't understand why only faith in Christ will save a hardened criminal when many good people don't have salvation. He fails to understand that good people don't get saved but sinners who believe.

1 Like

Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 5:17pm On Mar 12, 2023
Igba123:
■ Don't mind the op, it's obvious he has not believed bcuz like many who refuse to believe he can't understand why only faith in Christ will save a hardened criminal when many good people don't have salvation. He fails to understand that good people don't get saved but sinners who believe.
Not trying to hold brief for OP at all here but two questions for you.

■ What is faith?

■ And what exactly does Jesus Christ propose to save you from? undecided
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 5:20pm On Mar 12, 2023
achu442:
Believing and acknowledging is the only criteria. The thief on the cross only acknowledged and believed.

No baptism
No holy communion
No speaking in tongues
No church
I am afraid you are very wrong about there here as Jesus Christ made it abundantly clear that you have to be born of water and born of spirit before you can be born again - no exemptions. undecided

The thief of the cross, who obviously did not meet the criteria set by Jesus Christ, did not become born again. He couldn't have or else Jesus Christ would have been just a liar and a deceiver, like Satan. undecided
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 5:21pm On Mar 12, 2023
ogwumgbe:
Believe in the Lord Jesus and you shall be saved, no works attached bro, this is the greatest mystery of Christianity
I am afraid it is also one of the biggest lies of the religion that is Christianity. undecided
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 5:22pm On Mar 12, 2023
Basiliun:
AND HE SAID TO THEM "GO INTO ALL THE WORD AND PREACH THE GOSPEL TO EVERY CREATURES HE THAT BELIEVS AND IS BAPTIZED SHALL BE SAVED, BUT HE THAT BELIEVS NOT SHALL CONDEMNED ' (MARK 16;15=16)
And what does it mean to believe? Mental assent or something more than that undecided?
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 5:25pm On Mar 12, 2023
Sapiosexuality:
■ The whole thing doesn't make sense. I will burn in hell because I don't believe in one Jesus guy even though I'm not a bad person?
■ This doesn't make much sense but for real, ignorance is bliss. For real.
1. How can you burn in hell when Jesus Christ instead made it abundantly clear that except a man be born-again, He cannot enter into the Kingdom of God through even the broad gate which leads to destruction at the end - John 3 vs 1 - 8 & Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 & Luke 13 vs 22 - 30? undecided

2. Obviously ignorance isn't bliss for you! What is written is over 1000 years old yet here you are living in the information age ignorantly bleating about that which has remained the same for over 1000 years. undecided
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by blahc007: 5:42pm On Mar 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Do those questions I asked unnerve you? undecided
It doesn't at all...they are very very simple questions that can be answered without stress

Your personality as I have sensed, irritates me bro
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:50pm On Mar 12, 2023
PROPHETmichael:

This your write up contradicts the word as it is written, "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."
Ephesians 2:8-9)

It is does not contradict for grace means opportunity/allowance granted by Law (Gift). Which means no one should think that they are the ones to determine that they are saved because they have done the right.things. Fear The Law and Fear The Judge.

PROPHETmichael:

The difference between the thief on the left and the thief on the right was pride. Even after being corrected, pride won't let the thief on the left to apologise to Jesus and ask for mercy.

This is off point.
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Pimine: 6:01pm On Mar 12, 2023
Olachase:
I don't think so!!! God is the only salvation, it get to a point Jesus himself shouted MY FATHER MY FATHER WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME

Anything you want to do put God first

How one dirica of rice full pot still day surprise me,

Anything you want to worship go ahead buh make sure you put God first

Happy Sunday to everyone here on nairaland
How you give opinions on matters you know nothing about baffle me. Please keep quiet next time and learn 🙏
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by vicardino(m): 6:23pm On Mar 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
God condemned all men to perish in the grave aka cease to exists -- no afterlife-- upon death since God cursed man in Genesis 3 vs 19 - 22. So everyone who is not of the blood of Jacob is scheduled to cease to exists when their life span expires. undecided

Only those who are of the blood of Jacob are able to enter into the Kingdom of God and be saved from that curse of Death. But those of them who fail to enter in through the Narrow Gate will end up spending eternity in Hell in the Kingdom of God. undecided

I hope you ain't parading yourself as a Christian? I truly hope so
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 6:27pm On Mar 12, 2023
vicardino:
I hope you ain't parading yourself as a Christian? I truly hope so
What is it that I have stated so far that is not Christian enough for your eyes? undecided
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by vicardino(m): 6:27pm On Mar 12, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

It is does not contradict for grace means opportunity/allowance granted by Law (Gift). Which means no one should think that they are the ones to determine that they are saved because they have done the right.things. Fear The Law and Fear The Judge.

This is off point.

Grace means opportunity/allowance granted by LAW? I've read enough of your ignorance. Do you even know who is the symbol of Grace? If you know who's the symbol of GRACE, tell me how he's an opportunity/allowance granted by LAW.
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 6:28pm On Mar 12, 2023
vicardino:
Grace means opportunity/allowance granted by LAW? I've read enough of your ignorance. Do you even know who is the symbol of Grace? If you know who's the symbol of GRACE, tell me how he's an opportunity/allowance granted by LAW.
Grace instead refers to Eternal Life. When you become born again, that is the grace that Jesus Christ gives to you at the door which saves you from Death aka the curse of sin - John 3 vs 16. That is only the first salvation though because the second salvation only comes to those who stand faithful in Jesus Christ until death. undecided
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by vicardino(m): 6:28pm On Mar 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
What is it that I have stated so far that is not Christian enough for your eyes? undecided

Nothing you have said is Christ like
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 6:31pm On Mar 12, 2023
vicardino:
■ Nothing you have said is Christ like
1. Christlike? So, even though every single thing I said comes directly from the mouth of Jesus Christ Himself — His very Gospel teachings found in the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John — in your opinion, none of it is Christ-like? undecided

ROFLMAO
grin cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin

Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:43pm On Mar 12, 2023
vicardino:

Do you people not say that Grace is "unmerited favour"?

Does unmerited not mean that therefore you do not qualify for it?

If you are not qualified for it does it not mean that A Judge/Law has already Judged that you are not qualified for it?
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:48pm On Mar 12, 2023
The word "BELIEVE" connotes TRUST so Jesus is the one and only counselor through whose words we can know what God required from each of us in order to gain salvation.
So since we don't know God's mind we can be rest assured that His only begotten Son {Matthew 17:5} will tell us how to please his father! 1Corinthians 2:16
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by vicardino(m): 6:57pm On Mar 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Christlike? So, even though every single thing I said comes directly from the mouth of Jesus Christ Himself — His very Gospel teachings found in the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John — in your opinion, none of it is Christ-like? undecided

ROFLMAO
grin cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin

Jesus is speaking to you in John 5 : 39 & 40. You are muddling up the letters of Moses with that of Christ, hmmm.

Anyways, to answer you 'God already condemned all men to perish in the grave except those of the blood of Jacob' submission, Jesus said in John 3 : 16 that For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that WHOSOEVER/EVERYONE WHO BELIEVES in him SHALL not perish but have everlasting life.

You claim that God has condemned all men to death but only those of the blood of Jacob ain't but Jesus said God gave everyone, blood lineage inconsequential, irrespective of your blood line, God gave every man on Earth the opportunity to choose either DEATH or ETERNAL LIFE. God doesn't condemn people, people condemn themselves by their own choices. You are condemned if you don't believe in the son of God as the saviour.

John 3 : 17
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

John 3 : 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

May the Lord give you understanding.

1 Like

Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by vicardino(m): 7:03pm On Mar 12, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Do you people not say that Grace is "unmerited favour"?

Does unmerited not mean that therefore you do not qualify for it?

If you are not qualified for it does it not mean that A Judge/Law jasalready Judged that you are not qualified for it?

You haven't said anything sensible or scriptural please. Answer my question or stop exposing your ignorance. Who are the 'you people'?
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 7:04pm On Mar 12, 2023
vicardino:
■ Jesus is speaking to you in John 5 : 39 & 40. You are muddling up the letters of Moses with that of Christ, hmmm.
■ Anyways, to answer you 'God already condemned all men to perish in the grave except those of the blood of Jacob' submission, Jesus said in John 3 : 16 that For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that WHOSOEVER/EVERYONE WHO BELIEVES in him SHALL not perish but have everlasting life. You claim that God has condemned all men to death but only those of the blood of Jacob ain't but Jesus said God gave everyone, blood lineage inconsequential, irrespective of your blood line, God gave every man on Earth the opportunity to choose either DEATH or ETERNAL LIFE. God doesn't condemn people, people condemn themselves by their own choices. You are condemned if you don't believe in the son of God as the saviour. May the Lord give you understanding.
1. Letters of Moses? undecided

2. These are also the words of the same Jesus Christ to you. undecided
24 Jesus answered, “God sent me only to the lost people[d] of Israel.” - Matthew 15 vs 24
And...
5. Jesus sent the twelve men out with these instructions: “Don’t go to the non-Jewish people. And don’t go into any town where the Samaritans live.
6 But go to the people of Israel. They are like sheep that are lost.
7 When you go, tell them this: ‘God’s kingdom is now very near. - Matthew 10 vs 5 - 7
So, do you reject these words from the same Jesus Christ? undecided
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:27pm On Mar 12, 2023
vicardino:

You haven't said anything sensible or scriptural please. Answer my question or stop exposing your ignorance. Who are the 'you people'?

Just say you do not have any thing to say.
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by tunde4top(m): 9:50pm On Mar 12, 2023
Uchennaz:

I respected your knowledge in the word of God.
As u mentioned Abraham and other our biblical patriarchs, if there action was not justify with will of God, they won't be in that recognize positions.
Look at David,Enoch etc that grace found, all because there consciousness and work of obidence.
I was a member of church that believe once u ask God for forgiveness u are forgiven immediately with all the consequences involved, remembering it become sin on it own, with that mindset they indulge in all manner of fornication and adulterous act because they sees it as gift that can't be taken way and abuse.
Don't be decieved, you have your part which involves work to safeguard your salvation.

I truly get your concern/points but the word of God is final.

The sweetest thing about Christianity is that we start it as saved people and not hoping/praying to be saved at the end.

After becoming saved (believing in the gospel of Jesus), the race for rewards then begins. Some people make the mistake of thinking that the race is for salvation.

Salvation is a gift while Rewards require works. Never mix them up.

Not everyone will be in the same eternal position in paradise. Your capacity of rewards will determine the glory level of your celestial/terrestrial body in paradise.

Corinthians 3:8
Now he who plants and he who waters are one; but each will receive his own reward according to his own labor.

Revelation 22:12
“Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done.

Winning souls, helping baby Christians wise unto salvation all attracts rewards... You need spiritual growth to be able to carry out these tasks and choosing to deliberately work in sins means that you are not read to earn eternal rewards.

Finally, the Bible is aware of this your concern.
In 1Corinthians1-12, Paul talks about carnal Christians. Carnal Christians are Christians that consciously/deliberatly work in flesh (sins) because they know that they are already saved.

What did Paul say will happen to them at the end?
verse 13-15
each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is. If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

Stay blessed.
Re: Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? by sonmvayina(m): 10:21pm On Mar 12, 2023
TradingGod:
you don't understand that is why you are scared

Do you know that the major reason why student feared mathematics was because they don't understand mathematics?

Christianity is not a religion but it has a religion and that religion is LOVE.

Christianity is about having Knowledge, because Christ is the Father of All KNOWLEDGE

When Lord Jesus Christ come into your heart, what is expected to change is the way you talk, act and think.

This is because when a higher knowledge come to you, what is expected to change from you is the way you think, talk and act

Will it increase my bank balance ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Feel Free To Ask Me Questions On My Beliefs About The God Who Revealed The Bible / Images From The Christian Inquisition / "Hand Of God" Caught On Camera In Calabar?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.