Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,644 members, 7,914,730 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 10:58 AM

Utaka Pleads For Starting Role For The Super Eagles - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Utaka Pleads For Starting Role For The Super Eagles (2609 Views)

Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles / This Is How The Next Super Eagles Team Should Be / Patrick Obahiagbon Congratulates The Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Utaka Pleads For Starting Role For The Super Eagles by OAM4J: 3:09am On Sep 15, 2011
[size=13pt]Utaka begs Siasia for starting role[/size]

Peter Utaka  has blamed his non performance for the Eagles on limited playing time given to him by coach Samson Siasia.

The Odense of Denmark striker who has made seven appearances and scored four goals for the Eagles, declared that he needs to get quality time to make the difference.

“You will see that I have not been given much playing time in the team of recent. The last time I played against Argentina I think I played like five, 10 minutes,” he revealed.

“There is a big difference starting a game or having like 45 minutes to play than coming in as a substitute for the last five or 10 minutes. So there is no way you can just settle down in time to score goals in such limited time.

“It’s not that easy at this level to get goals in a few minutes of play.

He added: “But I can’t blame the coach (Samson Siasia) because he has at his disposal many strikers for any match. I just need to wait for the time I will get enough playing time to start scoring again.

“I am even very grateful to him for picking me for the national team. But I am pleading for more playing time and I won’t disappoint him.”

Utaka, is realy lucky that he gets invited for the national team. His performance in the matches he started fell short of expectation.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/utaka-begs-siasia-for-starting-role/
Re: Utaka Pleads For Starting Role For The Super Eagles by odumchi: 3:38am On Sep 15, 2011
Utakas been playing since the 90s and needs to make room for younger and fresher players, although he was brilliant in his day.
Re: Utaka Pleads For Starting Role For The Super Eagles by hugooh42(m): 4:24am On Sep 15, 2011
It is not John Utaka.That's his younger brother,Peter Utaka.
Re: Utaka Pleads For Starting Role For The Super Eagles by odumchi: 4:53am On Sep 15, 2011
Oh ok.
Re: Utaka Pleads For Starting Role For The Super Eagles by Syenite(m): 10:00am On Sep 15, 2011
Mr Peter Utaka, if u feel u are that good how come u're still in the Danish league?
That aside in a Super Eagles team that has strikers like Ike Uche, Victor Obinna Nsofor, Peter Odemwingie, Emmanuel Emenike, Victor Anichebe, you expect to start? Ok maybe when most of these players are not available. IMO Ahmed Musa and Ekhigbo Ehiosun are even ranked higher than u.I can't say of Brown Ideye.

I like the diplomatic end to ur agitation.The fear of Siasia's raught and punishments to any revolter has become the begining of wisdom. grin grin grin
Re: Utaka Pleads For Starting Role For The Super Eagles by vitality22(m): 10:48am On Sep 15, 2011
odumchi:

Utakas been playing since the 90s and needs to make room for younger and fresher players, although he was brilliant in his day.
This is John Utaka's younger brother ok
Re: Utaka Pleads For Starting Role For The Super Eagles by mallorca(m): 10:56am On Sep 15, 2011
wait for ur time
Re: Utaka Pleads For Starting Role For The Super Eagles by hollandis(f): 2:13pm On Sep 15, 2011
really this guy needs to play american football not soccer.fat thing
Re: Utaka Pleads For Starting Role For The Super Eagles by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 15, 2011
NLers get bad mouth sha

(1) (Reply)

Barcelona Football Stars Get Brand New Cars From Audi (pics) / A Man Prays To God To Win Bet9ja After Seeing Another Win 46million Naira / Chelsea And Spurs Chase Sani Emmanuel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.