Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,576 members, 7,905,212 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 08:21 AM

Why Are Networking Companies Using Fake Job Vacancies To Entice Job Applicants? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Are Networking Companies Using Fake Job Vacancies To Entice Job Applicants? (133 Views)

New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! / Why Do Job Applicants Tell Their Recruiters This? / This Is The List Of Fake Job Addresses Collated (not Exhaustive). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Networking Companies Using Fake Job Vacancies To Entice Job Applicants? by Seunfabs(f): 8:02am On Mar 09, 2023
My Experience With Neolife People[b]

Everything I learned the hard way.
"Don't leave your job unless you have gotten another one. Before you leave a job, plan, make sure you have emergency savings that can sustain you for six months without work"-Brother Joel said to me.
Does it enter my ears? It's like it entered through one ear and goes out through the other.
The first person to tell me that above statement was a church brethren; brother Joel. But, some of us don't learn by information all time until we experienced it.
I was a low-paid secondary school teacher when the urge for something different came, I wanted an environment with light, and I wanted a job that does not place pressure on my brain all time. I was very good at what I taught but I was underpaid with much stress.
A week before the school examination, I came across a post on FB. Since it's not the first time FB will bring me luck, I decided to apply. I applied. The next day I got a text to come for an interview, oh my goodness! my school was going to start their exam the day I was asked to come. I picked up my phone, called the principal, and took permission that I will be late to arrive at school on Monday. I went for the interview after I returned to school and finalized the examination invigilation.
I got a text to meet with the CEO the following day, and I went. After we sat for more than two hours watching a motivational video, the CEO came in, he introduced himself, few minutes into his speech, he sent a few people out because they refused to clap and stood at the right time. How I wish he had sent me out that time, I will know I only wasted #1600 on transportation for the two days and brace up. He told us about the vacant position, and salary, he told us we are going to pay #3,000 to become qualified. since I already asked some women selling around about them, I was told they help people with jobs wherever they want, I gave him 2k, and he also mentioned consultation programs but was yet to mention what his company does yet. I was allowed to leave by noon that day when I told them my school was writing an exam and I was part of the invigilator. They called us out one by one, it was later I knew they did that to avoid people communicating with one another.
Later in the evening, I got a congratulations text that I have been successfully employed, I should come the next day for pre-induction training. I went. I left there late, when I noticed I have been employed, in order not to put the principal that kept allowing me into trouble. I went back to school and made my intentions to quit known to the management team. I told them not to bother about my salary, also, I voluntarily agreed to mark all the exam scripts of the subjects I taught, I promised to mark and record them, then send them down to the school. I wish to focus on my new job properly, with the hope that I will get something by month's end.

On the fourth day, we watched motivational speeches tired, from one pastor to another. After the CEO told us they partner with Neolife, we would need to pay 72k to become enlisted. Later, in the evening, I got a text to come for my induction, I went, and we closed around 6 pm, watching a motivational speech on money and investment.
Going home that day, I felt like I have eaten it all(mo ti je tan), they'd gotten me. Several times people have discussed Neolife with me but I refused, why? I hated walking up and down selling drugs, I consider the people selling the drugs; it's an unbalanced equation.
"So, it's on this Neolife issue, I was wasting #800 every day on transportation"-I told myself.
I couldn't swear, I was just down within me. However, I told myself to go there one more time and ask some questions. When I got there the following week Monday, I kept telling the CEO I want to see him. "will I get the 40k salary you promised by month end"-I asked.
CEO - it's until I pay 72k, that I will be enlisted on Neolife payroll and also get some starter kits.
But sir, I don't have the money and I have nobody that can lend me the such amount?- I asked.
CEO- you can lend from all these loan apps, I am very sure by month's end, you will get enough money to pay it off.
That was when I knew, these people have nothing to offer me. I was depressed that I left a job without a salary, still took out of my savings and wasted, and lastly, the situation almost left me with no job, but on that very day, in my sad mood, I entered a big Supermarket with my big girl head and God favored me. I was employed with a better offer and my exact wishes; an environment with light; where I get to see people interact and a better offer came. My desire came, however, not in the direction I was watching.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Experienced Estate Surveyors Wanted / Female Lawyer Needed For Urgent Recruitment / Newstars Homes And Properties Ltd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.