Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,742 members, 7,882,549 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 08:28 AM

My Close Friend In The Army Died From A Bomb Blast Barely A Year After Joining T - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Close Friend In The Army Died From A Bomb Blast Barely A Year After Joining T (224 Views)

How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? / Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? / See The Luxurious Life This Lady Is Living 4 Years After Joining The ‘bl*e F*lm’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Close Friend In The Army Died From A Bomb Blast Barely A Year After Joining T by Favour2309: 1:09pm On Mar 09, 2023
This time last year, 5yrs after graduation (no job), I made my first N100k online in one week. Then I realized I had been "suffering for nothing." Why?

See this timeline:

▶️ 2012 - I got admitted into UNIBEN to study Sociology and Anthropology

▶️ 2014 - I resolved to join the Nigerian army after my Bachelor's program. The projected monthly salary was N100k and it seemed BIG to me 😀

▶️ 2015 - My close friend in the army died from a bomb blast barely a year after joining the army. My military ambition died with him 😞

▶️ 2016 (July) - I graduated from UNIBEN with no future ambition, battling depression from the loss of my friend.

▶️ 2016 (October) - I got a job as a sales rep with Indomie noodles. Salary - N16k.

▶️ 2017 (October) - after one year without a job, I got a graphics design job. Salary N12k - it felt like I was moving from grass to gutter.

▶️ 2018 - I quit the design job after 2 months and started learning 2d animations and motion design.

▶️ 2020 - pandemic came. I got my first N20k gig for 2d animation. I noised the news because this was the highest I ever earned since I graduated 🥲

▶️ 2021 (January) - I got an online graphics design job. Salary - N30k. This was one of the most depressing moments of my life.

▶️ 2021 (October) - after 7 months of fear and contemplation, I decided to learn affiliate marketing under a coach. All my efforts to make money online before this time had failed.

▶️ 2021 (November) - I made my first 2 sales on a Monday amounting to N50k. I ended the week with N100k in commission.

I looked at the sales on my dashboard and I got teary. So this money is mine? Made under one week? Then what have I been doing with my brain all these while? Why didn't I start this earlier than I did?

More important than the money made was the new expanded mindset about wealth creation the experience gave me. I realized I had been suffering for nothing - I allowed the fear of failure to keep me from taking action towards my goals.

In one year I've earned more than I did in the last 10yrs combined and coached several others to change their narrative with just their smart phones and data connection. Now I dream BIGGER. 🚀

Never allow the fear of failure to keep you from taking actions towards your goals. You're better off trying than not making efforts at all.

I hope this inspires you.

(1) (Reply)

CBN Directs Banks Not To Turn Away Customers With Old Notes / How To Migrate From Nigeria To Mauritius / Solar Panel Cost In Delhi NCR- Evaska Energy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.