Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,897 members, 7,973,066 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 07:40 AM

9 Key Things You Should Know Before Travelling To Study Abroad This Year - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 9 Key Things You Should Know Before Travelling To Study Abroad This Year (565 Views)

Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai / Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here / What You Need To Know Before Travelling To Morocco (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Key Things You Should Know Before Travelling To Study Abroad This Year by Harrisonsmart(m): 10:27am On Mar 10, 2023
1. Decide where you will study.

Regions are similar to people in that no two are alike. When it comes to making friends, you’ll probably find it easier to communicate with people who share your interests.

You’ll want to do something similar, but in the area of learning, when settling in a country or location where you’d like to invest a significant amount of time living and studying.

To begin, familiarize yourself with the country’s language, customs, religious practice, mannerisms, food, and other aspects so you don’t go in blind. Perhaps you’d like to go in with no preconceived notions or expectations, which is OK.

Whatever the case may be, it’s always a good idea to know what you’re up against beforehand so you don’t end up regretting your decision afterward.

2. Climate & Clothing

The weather is something you should think about. Investigate the climate and average temperature of the location you’ve selected. I’m from is Malaysia, where the average temperature is 37 degrees Celsius all year, so I’m used to wearing light shirts and shorts.

I attended EF Academy Torbay, which has, should we say, unusual weather. The blinds are drawn while I write this article to keep the blazing sunlight and warmth from bothering me.

However, we experienced a snowstorm just two weekends prior that had not occurred in Torbay in almost nine years. We should expect a lot of rain tomorrow and the next few days. As you can see, knowing the weather in the location is essential for packing.

3. Mobile phone plan

This is critical when studying in a foreign country. You never know when you’ll need to call a taxi business, use your data for Google Maps, or make an emergency call at the airport.

Check with your mobile phone company before you travel to see whether they have international plans for the country you’ll be moving to and if they’re still inexpensive.

If not, make sure you sign up for a mobile plan once you are at the airport so you don’t have to worry about it. If possible, bring a cheap backup phone in case your primary phone breaks. It’s impossible to be too cautious.

4. Finances and budgeting

While it may not be on your mind all the time when your parents are present, you must be aware of your financial situation and budgeting while studying abroad. similar to yours.

Make sure your bank, like your mobile service provider, is aware of the situation before you leave so that your payments aren’t declined when you go out to have a cup of coffee.

If you haven’t previously, you should be aware of the following:

The overseas billing cost charged by your bank is the current currency rate between your native country and the country to which you will be relocating your new country’s monetary system

When I was in America, for example, it took me a long time to get acclimated to their currency system, and it was embarrassing at times when I was rummaging about in my wallet trying to find the proper coins. So make sure you’re familiar with the system so you don’t end up becoming “that person.”

Continue reading >>> https://realupdatez.com/things-to-do-before-traveling-to-study-abroad/

1 Like

Re: 9 Key Things You Should Know Before Travelling To Study Abroad This Year by pansophist(m): 12:11pm On Mar 10, 2023
My own five list (perhaps advise) if you want to study abroad.

1. Choose countries that offers permanent residents after studies. So far, I know of Finland that does such.

The Finnish immigration changed since April 2022 favorably for international students. You'll get four years (or two years for masters) residence permit and after that permanent residency. Also, some degree programs are still free.

2. If you're single, the better. I mean, you can legalise yourself easily as a single individual. Must you marry from your country? Are you mad? or are you a racist? As a single person, multiple channels for permanent stay are open to you.

Through work permit, marriage, having a child. So the single, the better. And you have only yourself to care for. Unlike married people that have that channel locked, and while struggling as a student, still have mouths to feed and responsibilities to meet.

3. If you're married, then consider Finland. You and your wife can work at least 30 hours a week. School is free for your kids, and lots of social benefits awaits you all. Finland is the new Canada. A society with no single poverty, yes you heard it right. Zero poverty eveb amongst illegal immigrants.

4. Please avoid UK.

Call me enemy of progress, but please avoid UK. Small roads, small cars, even their girls get small arsenal. Also, UK residence permit restricts you to the UK only. A Schengen permit gives you access to all the Schengen countries. And over twenty more non Schengen countries.

Google for "Schengen substitute visa", and you'll see lots of countries in Asia, south America, and non EU countries you can visit just because you have a Schengen visa. Welcome to travel freedom. Please leave UK.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9 Key Things You Should Know Before Travelling To Study Abroad This Year by sharone21(f): 3:50am On Mar 18, 2023
pansophist:
My own five list (perhaps advise) if you want to study abroad.

1. Choose countries that offers permanent residents after studies. So far, I know of Finland that does such.

The Finnish immigration changed since April 2022 favorably for international students. You'll get four years (or two years for masters) residence permit and after that permanent residency. Also, some degree programs are still free.

2. If you're single, the better. I mean, you can legalise yourself easily as a single individual. Must you marry from your country? Are you mad? or are you a racist? As a single person, multiple channels for permanent stay are open to you.

Through work permit, marriage, having a child. So the single, the better. And you have only yourself to care for. Unlike married people that have that channel locked, and while struggling as a student, still have mouths to feed and responsibilities to meet.

3. If you're married, then consider Finland. You and your wife can work at least 30 hours a week. School is free for your kids, and lots of social benefits awaits you all. Finland is the new Canada. A society with no single poverty, yes you heard it right. Zero poverty eveb amongst illegal immigrants.

4. Please avoid UK.

Call me enemy of progress, but please avoid UK. Small roads, small cars, even their girls get small arsenal. Also, UK residence permit restricts you to the UK only. A Schengen permit gives you access to all the Schengen countries. And over twenty more non Schengen countries.

Google for "Schengen substitute visa", and you'll see lots of countries in Asia, south America, and non EU countries you can visit just because you have a Schengen visa. Welcome to travel freedom. Please leave UK.

Please, how can one deal with language and tax problems in Finland?

(1) (Reply)

Six People Confirmed Dead After Helicopter Crash Near Mount Everest (pics) / Two Skills I Wish I Learnt Before Arriving Canada / Which tribe or state in Nigeria have the most promiscuous men and women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.