Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,669 members, 7,930,310 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 03:07 PM

We Asked For The Old Naira Notes. Why Are We Refusing It Now? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Asked For The Old Naira Notes. Why Are We Refusing It Now? (567 Views)

IMF: Why We Asked Nigeria To Remove Fuel Subsidy / Am Withdrawing The New And Old Naira Note (pic) / First Storey Building In The Old Eastern Nigeria 96yrs After: Pictures & Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Asked For The Old Naira Notes. Why Are We Refusing It Now? by Draslo(m): 10:51am On Mar 10, 2023
I've always said that Nigerians are the problems of Nigeria not necessarily its elected leaders. The level of corruption has eaten so deep it is sickening. The fact that nobody regulates pricing means that were in a black hole of inflation where the price of commodities and services increases indefinitely. Since I've been born, the price of bread, eggs, meat and fish, transport, etc dey go up and never comes down. We're in a perpetual state of neverending inflation.

The past month has brought severe hardship on Nigerians because a simple policy called cash swap was carried out as cash seizure just to target presidential candidates who are proudly billionaires even though all three are but one no dey give shishi (even though he would have bought PDP party ticket for 100 million from his personal stash if given the opportunity). I don't need to explain the details because we all experienced it. Fast forward to March, the supreme court and the central bank have decided to ease the suffering by making the old notes legal tender till December this year. Banks have even begun dispensing old notes over the counter and in ATMs. Now, regular Nigerians who have been clamouring for the old notes to be returned into circulation are the very ones rejecting it despite the court order.

My conclusion, na we dey do ourselves. Whether Tinubu or PO or Atiku is our president, we will still find ways to make lives hard for one another and then face whoever is in Aso Rock and begin to curse them for our individual hardships.

1 Like

Re: We Asked For The Old Naira Notes. Why Are We Refusing It Now? by psucc(m): 11:11am On Mar 10, 2023
Once beaten twice shy. Nigerians have come to terms with Buhari's character and body language.

So long as Buahi has not made any statement bordering the SC ruling on old naira nites either by himself I proxy (Emefiele) he has technically rejected the ruling as usual.

Hence, nobody wants to suffer it again.

1 Like

Re: We Asked For The Old Naira Notes. Why Are We Refusing It Now? by MuchAdo: 11:16am On Mar 10, 2023
By May 29, 2023 everything will be over by God's grace. smiley
Re: We Asked For The Old Naira Notes. Why Are We Refusing It Now? by owunabastard: 11:52am On Mar 10, 2023
Nigerians love suffering
Re: We Asked For The Old Naira Notes. Why Are We Refusing It Now? by Metaphor44(m): 11:57am On Mar 10, 2023
I'm depressed. Nigeria has exercerbated my problems
Re: We Asked For The Old Naira Notes. Why Are We Refusing It Now? by Draslo(m): 3:13pm On Mar 10, 2023
Metaphor44:
I'm depressed. Nigeria has exercerbated my problems
I think you mean exacerbated but who English help sef

2 Likes

Re: We Asked For The Old Naira Notes. Why Are We Refusing It Now? by Parachoko: 3:17pm On Mar 10, 2023
Asiwaju should release a statement, encouraging people to make use of the old notes because it seems Buhari is already tired of his job
Re: We Asked For The Old Naira Notes. Why Are We Refusing It Now? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Mar 10, 2023
It will get worse if the stolen mandate of the People is not restored.
Wickedness and hate will befall this Country in an unprecedented level, in all dimensions.
Re: We Asked For The Old Naira Notes. Why Are We Refusing It Now? by Metaphor44(m): 3:39pm On Mar 10, 2023
Draslo:

I think you mean exacerbated but who English help sef

Yes bro. Sorry
Re: We Asked For The Old Naira Notes. Why Are We Refusing It Now? by Chinjo2: 3:41pm On Mar 10, 2023
It is called Man's inhumanity to man.
Re: We Asked For The Old Naira Notes. Why Are We Refusing It Now? by Draslo(m): 5:29pm On Mar 10, 2023
Ecne:
It will get worse if the stolen mandate of the People is not restored.
Wickedness and hate will befall this Country in an unprecedented level, in all dimensions.
Stolen mandate kor Retrieved mandate ni
Re: We Asked For The Old Naira Notes. Why Are We Refusing It Now? by amazingspiderma: 5:48pm On Mar 10, 2023
People are indeed suffering from this policy and have moved on with new note and digital transactions. It is not ideal, but we have survived.

Those with legit cash are to submit to CBN, for the equivalent value to be transferred to their personal accounts.
Those who have acquired theirs through fraudulent means are afraid of accountability.

Old notes are bye gone. It is harsh, but that's the truth.

We are in the process of changing how we do transactions.

In the long run,there will be winners and losers.

Hard working Nigerians will smile again.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: G5’s Makinde Declared Winner, Reelected For Second Term / Iyorchia Ayu Is Working For The APC / This is how threy FUEL IGBO HATE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.