Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,120 members, 7,887,244 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:51 AM

Why Is There No Nationwide Riot? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is There No Nationwide Riot? (3689 Views)

The Truth Of The Kano Riot Of 1953 / Photos From Nkpolu Riot Over Bad Roads, Protesters Injured By Stray Bullets / Shiite Muslims Protecting Police Officers During Riot In Kaduna (Unseen Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is There No Nationwide Riot? by PatEinstEin(m): 10:58pm On Mar 10, 2023
Why is everything in Nigeria “business as usual”?

No cash. Bank transactions are failing. And we are just going about our usual activities?

People trekk for kilometers to and from work. People can't even eat.

Why does a small group of people have it as a duty to make more than 200 million people suffer?

Are we going to continue like this?

43 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Is There No Nationwide Riot? by Patrickker(m): 11:03pm On Mar 10, 2023
Me asking the same question. We need to rise up in protest.

12 Likes

Re: Why Is There No Nationwide Riot? by puremaker7(m): 11:03pm On Mar 10, 2023
PatEinstEin:

No cash. Bank transactions are failing. And we are just going about our usual activities?

Why does a small group of people have it as a duty to make more than 200 million people suffer?

You can Start one

13 Likes

Re: Why Is There No Nationwide Riot? by superCleanworks(m): 11:40pm On Mar 10, 2023
PatEinstEin:

Nigerians are cursed with silence. Even of you heap a suffering that is 5 times greater than this, they will remain silent and swallow everything you dish to them especially when tribe and religion is involved. So don't bother.

by the way, WHERE IS NLC?
NLC stands aside and watches how workers sleep at fuel stations just to go to work. Workers pay crazy transport fares.
Workers are complaining of minimum wage but are still made to buy naira just to pay transport fare.

Do you know that just one word from NLC and all this rubbish will stop immediately.
WHERE IS NLC?

15 Likes

Re: Why Is There No Nationwide Riot? by yarimo(m): 11:51pm On Mar 10, 2023
But I thought the policy affect TINUBU only na
PatEinstEin:

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is There No Nationwide Riot? by optionalY09: 11:53pm On Mar 10, 2023
Because it was not necessary Obi never won anything

3 Likes

Re: Why Is There No Nationwide Riot? by funshint(m): 12:00am On Mar 11, 2023
Where were you when people were protesting in SW? Didn't you people commend Buhari; saying that it'll curb vote-buying. Even your Obi too supported the idea. Abeg we no dey protest again; we go manage am like that till handing-over on May 29 grin

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Is There No Nationwide Riot? by omowolewa: 12:21am On Mar 11, 2023
Their hope was renewed, just waiting for May 29, when the made in Agbor Govnr will run away

3 Likes

Re: Why Is There No Nationwide Riot? by Jeferious: 1:01am On Mar 11, 2023
Guy this one shock me to the marrow. I never understand wetin dey play out. Maybe we the masses dey under the influence of very powerful juju from the high places.

At this rate, I doubt hellfire can make a sinful Nigerian gnash his/her teeth.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is There No Nationwide Riot? by SaiOba: 2:17am On Mar 11, 2023
Plsssssss Respectfully Shurrup your mouth.
optionalY09:
Because it was not necessary Obi never won anything

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is There No Nationwide Riot? by optionalY09: 2:19am On Mar 11, 2023
SaiOba:
Plsssssss Respectfully Shurrup your mouth.

Fvck you selling at day robbery at night, can any sane person compete with that?
Re: Why Is There No Nationwide Riot? by PatEinstEin(m): 3:00am On Mar 11, 2023
Jeferious:
Guy this one shock me to the marrow. I never understand wetin dey play out. Maybe we the masses dey under the influence of very powerful juju from the high places.

Hell can't be worse than this.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is There No Nationwide Riot? by SaiOba: 3:00am On Mar 11, 2023
Esir, read what you wrote, and if it made sense to you then you are worthless to your entire family and to the sane people in your community.
optionalY09:

Fvck you selling at day robbery at night, can any sane person compete with that?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is There No Nationwide Riot? by 2elliot: 3:01am On Mar 11, 2023
yarimo:
But I thought the policy affect TINUBU only na
You are m#d. When did Buhari stop using Tinubu's economic templates? And did Tinubu not say that he will continue from where Buhari stop?

6 Likes

Re: Why Is There No Nationwide Riot? by 2elliot: 3:07am On Mar 11, 2023
Jeferious:

It is world wide. The birth pangs of Bible's Revelation has begun. We are almost at the Tribulation. Just one major event will bring about the collapse of all human activities. Govts are purposely sabotaging their country's economies, playing the globalist's WEF playbook. The WHO's treaty has been signed which has given power and control. Meaning, the new world's one government is almost set.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Is There No Nationwide Riot? by aariwa(m): 3:24am On Mar 11, 2023
Riots are never planned. A little thing can trigger it like if the manipulate results like they did for tinubu again it will start from Lagos and spread down. I get fuel for house

3 Likes

Re: Why Is There No Nationwide Riot? by optionalY09: 4:22am On Mar 11, 2023
SaiOba:
Esir, read what you wrote, and if it made sense to you then you are worthless to your entire family and to the sane people in your community.

Azzhole, you want to set the banks ablaze and rob shops of people making honest income. Go and start the riot let me see your father on the street.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There No Nationwide Riot? by Image123(m): 5:28am On Mar 11, 2023
PatEinstEin:

ipob member, misguided youth. Refrain from violence, it will only put your family in pain and take you on a highway to hell fire.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is There No Nationwide Riot? by daywatcher: 5:39am On Mar 11, 2023
The people that should lead the the protests supported the policy to score cheap political points now they have no choice but to keep quiet.

The President Elect spoke against the policy so he is vindicated.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is There No Nationwide Riot? by aljharem(m): 5:45am On Mar 11, 2023
IPod people said the naira and fuel scarcity is to punish Tinubu and Yorubas. So no more protest. We will enjoy it together ❤️

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is There No Nationwide Riot? by GuyWise101(m): 5:50am On Mar 11, 2023
Nna mehnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

OP it's simply because there are no Igbos to hate and lay the blame on.

If Igbos were the ones in government then you would have seen world War3 in the name of protest.

But now the Igbos have seen that some Nigerian tribes are irredeemable and so the will no longer champion any protest.

Since the irredeemable tribes don't care about any amount of suffering meted on them as far as the ones to redeem them are the Igbos then the Igbo man is highly minding his business..... let's sink together.

But the Igbo man go survive

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is There No Nationwide Riot? by udede(m): 5:54am On Mar 11, 2023
Op.
There is no riot because there is hope. Wait, and see, if the court dashes the last hope of Nigerians, i swear, this country will go up in flames (God forbid)

1 Like

Re: Why Is There No Nationwide Riot? by Nobody: 5:55am On Mar 11, 2023
PatEinstEin:

Many of you calling for riot don't know how it is to lose a loved one, or to have to take care of a loved one with bad injuries that cannot work or live well, and with no compensation coming in for that.

Also, losing an election is not a means to call for crisis. The same thing you are saying is the same thing that was said under GEJ, Obasanjo and a host of other leaders.

Again, if there is a riot and the breadwinner of a family dies, will you take care of his or her family.

Finally, assuming Obi won, someone from the Tinubu side is going to say the same thing.

And most online transactions work too.

At the end of the day, if you want change, better start preparing for 2027. We have to get rid of APC, and crying all day long does not get us there. Careful prepping over time does.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is There No Nationwide Riot? by udede(m): 5:57am On Mar 11, 2023
GuyWise101:
Nna mehnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

OP it's simply because there are no Igbos to hate and lay the blame on.

If Igbos were the ones in government then you would have seen world War3 in the name protest.

But now the Igbos have seen that some Nigerian tribes are irredeemable and so the will no longer champion any protest.

Since the irredeemable tribes don't care about any amount of suffering meted on them as far as the ones to redeem them are the Igbos then the Igbo man is highly minding his business..... let's sink together.
hmmmmm you are really wise
Re: Why Is There No Nationwide Riot? by Nobody: 6:06am On Mar 11, 2023
superCleanworks:

Nigerians are cursed with silence. Even of you heap a suffering that is 5 times greater than this, they will remain silent and swallow everything you dish to them especially when tribe and religion is involved. So don't bother.

So how do you solve the transportation problem?

Countries that have good transport systems pay for it via high taxes, and high revenue.

If any government, be it Obi, Tinubu or Atiku tried that, they would be told to getat.

Nigeria is earning at best 70-100bn per annum, and that assumes an oil price of 100 dollars per barrel....when we need five times that, if not more in my opinion.

Finally, in Egypt, one guy who took part in the Arab spring protests in 2011, got shot, and was disabled permanently. And did they achieve the goals ? No.

If someone dies in your revolution, would you look after their family, or give them monthly stipend to survive? No.

Nigerians may be suffering now, but the suffering resulting from the chaos of a nationwide riot is ten times worse.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is There No Nationwide Riot? by Ishilove: 6:11am On Mar 11, 2023
Jeferious:

My mum said everyone is silent as if they used juju to make them docile. It is shocking.

This week has been really nasty. The bank portals seem to have convened a meeting and decided to misbehave more than usual this week. It now takes almost 24 hours for interbank transfers to reflect. Even their junior brothers Opay, Carbon and co have joined them.

I don't know what is happening in Nigeria.

I don't support violence. What we need to do is engage in civil disobedience. Block the roads, protest in front of the government houses, shut down intuitions etc. That is what serious people do, but alas, Nigerians are too divided to be serious about anything

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is There No Nationwide Riot? by Ishilove: 6:14am On Mar 11, 2023
Kobonaire4:

So how do you solve the transportation problem?

Countries that have good transport systems pay for it via high taxes, and high revenue.

If any government, be it Obi, Tinubu or Atiku tried that, they would be told to getat.

Nigeria is earning at best 70-100bn per annum, and that assumes an oil price of 100 dollars per barrel....when we need five times that, if not more in my opinion.

Finally, in Egypt, one guy who took part in the Arab spring protests in 2011, got shot, and was disabled permanently. And did they achieve the goals ? No.

If someone dies in your revolution, would you look after their family, or give them monthly stipend to survive? No.

Nigerians may be suffering now, but the suffering resulting from the chaos of a nationwide riot is ten times worse.
So what do we do? Keep suffering?
Re: Why Is There No Nationwide Riot? by Nobody: 6:25am On Mar 11, 2023
Ishilove:

So what do we do? Keep suffering?

We take some harsh economic decisions....(I am about to say things that Nigerians do not like)...and that means raising our income via

1.Raising our poor tax to gdp ratio...which means some sort of way has to be found to bring in the 70% of Nigerians who as at 2019 were not paying tax to federal and state coffers

2.Removing subsidies...so that the oil industry can find money for new refineries, new pipelines even things like new trucks and suchlike...which means that government saves money, and the stealing stops in the name of subsidy. The power sector too needs removed subsides.

3.We need to find a way to diversify our economy...that is where things like mechanized farming, and stronger mining regulaitons come in....

4.We have to stop oil theft.

It's my solution, and Lord knows it means hardship, but the alternative? At best we can produce 2 -3m barrels of crude a day, oil prices fluctuate badly, meaning that when they are too low, we have to take loans, and the oil money is not enough for 200 million people...so we have to take more loans. AAnd...we still suffer.
Re: Why Is There No Nationwide Riot? by inoki247: 6:33am On Mar 11, 2023
Nigeria loves Suffering that's when you start seeing some fools adding some Theory to the bad policy's....

The other day some fools told us is to curb Vote buying now some fools say is making dem secure if u like waka any aw u don go be that....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is There No Nationwide Riot? by SMUAG(m): 6:37am On Mar 11, 2023
PatEinstEin:

Because we Nigerians are still playing partisan politics with our lives. We are just so carried away by the coming gubernatorial election that we don't think to see that we the general masses are the ones suffering and not the elites...
If we decide to block all cbn branches in Nigeria, including the headquarter in Abuja I feel the president or the cbn governor will come out to address the issue by making cash available for the suffering masses.
People are really suffering in this country, likewise people businesses are also collapsing on daily basis due to this ill redesign cashless policy.
Please, mod push topic like this to front page, all hands need to be on deck..
Re: Why Is There No Nationwide Riot? by Putindbutt: 6:39am On Mar 11, 2023
When people with common sense were complaining about the policy, some slowpokes were busy cheering, thinking it was targeted towards some politicians and therefore increases the chances of their preferred candidate in the election. They said they would endure till after election and whoever that was complaining were the corrupt politicians who had stashed billions in their houses for vote buying 🤣
When protests broke out in some parts of SW, they said Tinubu was sponsoring his people against the Govt, forgetting that riots had earlier broke out in Edo and Delta States. End of the day, you lost the election and now back to your senses. But this breakfast must go round, relax make una enjoy it till May 29.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is There No Nationwide Riot? by chrisxxx(m): 6:39am On Mar 11, 2023
Na Yorubas be the Champion of riots. The election rigged is 8n their favour so no need

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria: Adamawa's Chance For Change, Interesting Articles / Paying Taxes / Chief Ebenezer Babatope Is Breaking My Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.