Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,572 members, 7,926,681 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 07:41 PM

Carers In The UK: Can You Please Share Your Honest Experience - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Carers In The UK: Can You Please Share Your Honest Experience (8232 Views)

Banned From UK, Can I Still Get A Schengen Visa ? / 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Carers In The UK: Can You Please Share Your Honest Experience by Regex: 10:32pm On Mar 12, 2023
GIDIBANKZ:

Which route did you use in traveling

Students visa?

I have replied your email. Nope. Skilled work visa
Re: Carers In The UK: Can You Please Share Your Honest Experience by rinzylee(m): 11:28pm On Mar 12, 2023
MT:
To be honest, in my last trip to the UK this year, I met some of them lamenting ever coming. The investment to get this COS does not make sense.

I even saw a man who has been practising as a Medical doctor for like 7 years in the National Hospital, Abuja that came via the student route. Before he finished his masters programme, he paid an agency 8million to get COS for care work and he is now working as a carer.

Why won't he rather write PLAB and practise as a doctor in the UK?

Sounds somehow o

Till date, I cannot wrap my head around it.
Re: Carers In The UK: Can You Please Share Your Honest Experience by rinzylee(m): 11:38pm On Mar 12, 2023
This is a funny and sounds untrue, but Nigerians can do anything.

Why won't he write PLAB and qualify as a Dr here instead?

MT:
To be honest, in my last trip to the UK this year, I met some of them lamenting ever coming. The investment to get this COS does not make sense.

I even saw a man who has been practising as a Medical doctor for like 7 years in the National Hospital, Abuja that came via the student route. Before he finished his masters programme, he paid an agency 8million to get COS for care work and he is now working as a carer.

Till date, I cannot wrap my head around it.
Re: Carers In The UK: Can You Please Share Your Honest Experience by MT: 12:10pm On Mar 13, 2023
rinzylee:

This is a funny and sounds untrue, but Nigerians can do anything.

Why won't he write PLAB and qualify as a Dr here instead?

Very true. I met the dude in person in UK.
Re: Carers In The UK: Can You Please Share Your Honest Experience by GIDIBANKZ(m): 12:32pm On Mar 13, 2023
MT:

Very true. I met the dude in person in UK.

Buddy can we please have a private conversation on WhatsApp??

I have few questions to ask about UK
Re: Carers In The UK: Can You Please Share Your Honest Experience by Legitmenaija: 8:29am On Nov 02, 2023
Hi 😊
How about IT jobs? Is it better than care giver job in UK?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Illegal Chinese Immigrants Arrested In Lagos / NANS Denies Reports of Planned Protest on Third Mainland Bridge / Photo ID Card In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.