Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,113 members, 7,880,456 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:39 PM

Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) (73056 Views)

Dog Lovers Call Out Hilda Baci & Influencer Enioluwa For Eating Dog Meat (vid) / Photos Of Porcupine, Monkey, Antelope, Deer & Crocodile Killed By My Brother / Two Deer Caught In A Farm By Onitsha Businessman, Ifeanyi Obunadike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by quickly: 4:58pm On Mar 13, 2023
As america stupid reach he might be sued to court for murder and then eating the deer.

Some oyinbo go dey get panic attacks about this and they can sue him.

Just watch.
Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by mysticwarrior(m): 4:59pm On Mar 13, 2023
This man don't know he could be track down via voice analysis and arrested.
Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by obayemi204(m): 5:32pm On Mar 13, 2023
What he did is very legal.
iyatrustee:

Many people just live abroad but they are ignorant of the laws.
Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by drakeli: 6:11pm On Mar 13, 2023
obayemi204:
What he did is very legal.
Of course, this guy didn’t do that

Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by GreyLaw(m): 7:26pm On Mar 13, 2023
Maski87:
It's better he did not kill the deer,it will cost about 1500 dollars to repair the car,you can buy 5 cows with that

Thats why he has to eat it. He must eat it oo.. hahaha
Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by Judolisco(m): 8:44pm On Mar 13, 2023
lecowas:
Lol. People can take risk Sha. Why u go allow ordinary antelope chase u come back naija. Maybe na village people Sha, what do I know?
na Road kill na... Dis stuff is very funny... E say e reverse go carry am

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by nairamaniac: 9:45pm On Mar 13, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:
Well, It really depends on his local laws. His best bet was to call the local law enforcement first and ask them. Like I said, It depends on the laws of his state, but yes, it is often possible to legally salvage the meat from game animals that have been hit and killed in vehicle accidents. You would probably need to have a game warden or police officer verify that it was a motor vehicle accident.

Like in Wisconsin and Illinois, the police have road tags to make it legal. The legality of the situation depends on the jurisdiction in which the incident occurred. If it is illegal to take it, it is due to a legal presumption that people would purposely hit deer with their cars to kill them for their meat if harvesting fresh road kill was not prohibited.
Being an accidental hit, there is no moral problem with using the meat, but it could be a big legal problem if you were careless enough to be caught while getting at it.

Keep in mind that game laws are at the state level and enforced at the state level in the US. The federal government is only involved with migratory game that crosses state borders, such as waterfowl.
In general, though, I’d expect his state wildlife agency to allow harvesting a fresh roadkill, but will want it reported for biologist to monitor herd size and gender distribution. Again, it depends on the state laws. Don't get yourself in legal trouble,rather he shouldn't! 😄
. Hmmmmmm!

U took us all thru Law school for common deer that was hit and had for dinner

That means if it was human that was hit for ritual purpose, we would all be stuck in your class room for years?
Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 9:55pm On Mar 13, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

Stop spreading superstitious rubbish.
this is not superstitious, why do you think they always slit animals throat when killing them? If you don't know something ask questions instead of trying insulting people unnecessary
Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by 08064978510(m): 10:39pm On Mar 13, 2023
Pls update us when he is arrested
Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by CEOwatazs: 11:06pm On Mar 13, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:
Well, It really depends on his local laws. His best bet was to call the local law enforcement first and ask them. Like I said, It depends on the laws of his state, but yes, it is often possible to legally salvage the meat from game animals that have been hit and killed in vehicle accidents. You would probably need to have a game warden or police officer verify that it was a motor vehicle accident.

Like in Wisconsin and Illinois, the police have road tags to make it legal. The legality of the situation depends on the jurisdiction in which the incident occurred. If it is illegal to take it, it is due to a legal presumption that people would purposely hit deer with their cars to kill them for their meat if harvesting fresh road kill was not prohibited.
Being an accidental hit, there is no moral problem with using the meat, but it could be a big legal problem if you were careless enough to be caught while getting at it.

Keep in mind that game laws are at the state level and enforced at the state level in the US. The federal government is only involved with migratory game that crosses state borders, such as waterfowl.
In general, though, I’d expect his state wildlife agency to allow harvesting a fresh roadkill, but will want it reported for biologist to monitor herd size and gender distribution. Again, it depends on the state laws. Don't get yourself in legal trouble,rather he shouldn't! 😄

chatGPT

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by VOR2019: 2:11am On Mar 14, 2023
grin
lecowas:
Lol. People can take risk Sha. Why u go allow ordinary antelope chase u come back naija. Maybe na village people Sha, what do I know?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by ChybuzzDD(m): 2:40am On Mar 14, 2023
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
this is not superstitious, why do you think they always slit animals throat when killing them? If you don't know something ask questions instead of trying insulting people unnecessary

You slit their throats(wind pipes, gullets, carotid vessels) to kill them, Mr man!, and not to drain out their entire blood volume.
The blood that flows out is just a small percentage of their total blood volume.
Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by ChybuzzDD(m): 2:53am On Mar 14, 2023
DaveJacuzie:

This is science and common sense...

Which science and common sense taught you that you can drain out the entire animal's blood volume by making a small cut across it's throat?

The blood that flows out is the one in the carotid vessels going to and returning from the head, plus small retrograde flow from the heart.

The blood in the trunk and limbs, which constitutes the majority, will still be retained as it won't be able to return completely to the heart before flowing out.

Which science taught you that blood changes the taste of meats or makes them tasteless?
You don't know that blood contains glucose, proteins, fats, vitamins, minerals, water, etc?

Anyone who knows science won't be accepting this crazy superstitious belief.
Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by GodisFirst: 4:52am On Mar 14, 2023
He took it home for proper burial.
Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 6:19am On Mar 14, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

You slit their throats(wind pipes, gullets, carotid vessels) to kill them, Mr man!, and not to drain out their entire blood volume.
The blood that flows out is just a small percentage of their total blood volume.

when you open the blood line, it will not coat. doesn't mean all the blood will drain, like you have internal bleeding or wound inside, the spot will have blood coating, but the moment you cut it open with Razor and release the blood, you will have a pain relief. That's the same concept I'm trying to explain
Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by HardMirror(m): 11:18pm On Mar 14, 2023
stayclearofme:

It is obvious that you have never stepped out of Nigeria. If he gets caught you will know it is not a normal thing abroad. Here in Texas that is 2 to 5 years in prison!
story. Because he is the first man to eat road kill. You think you are talking to a typical nigerian. Mr texas. Lol. They way you people assume the people you meet here are local and never been where you are is funny. I am not here to prove that to you. When he is arrested update me, cos i can tell you for free that is NEVER going to happen.
Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by DaveJacuzie: 1:11am On Mar 15, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

Which science and common sense taught you that you can drain out the entire animal's blood volume by making a small cut across ?

The blood that flows out is the one in the carotid vessels going to and returning from the head, plus small retrograde flow from the heart.

The blood in the trunk and limbs, which constitutes the majority, will still be retained as it won't be able to return completely to the heart before flowing out.

Which science taught you that blood changes the taste of meats or makes them tasteless?
You don't know that blood contains glucose, proteins, fats, vitamins, minerals, water, etc?

Anyone who knows science won't be accepting this crazy superstitious belief.
The amount of blood you described is not a small amount. It's 60 percent of the blood in the animal's body.
All those nutrients doesn't make the meat sweet. If it's by nutrients, all food would be sweet including bitter leaf
Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by stayclearofme: 5:32am On Mar 15, 2023
HardMirror:
story. Because he is the first man to eat road kill. You think you are talking to a typical nigerian. Mr texas. Lol. They way you people assume the people you meet here are local and never been where you are is funny. I am not here to prove that to you. When he is arrested update me, cos i can tell you for free that is NEVER going to happen.
People like you come on line and comment stupidly. I didn't mention I was in Texas to brag, it is just to draw a contrast between what we do at home compared to abroad, specifically how animals are treated because you said it was "normal thing". I am not the first or the last that will live anywhere outside Nigeria. Texas is not heaven.
Your problem is that you cannot read to comprehend, you are just looking for someone to troll unfortunately you met a wrong match.
Again I never said the person will be arrested I said "if caught" he will be arrested whether road kill or not.
How will you arrested somebody that was never seen commiting a wrong doing? I don't care about wherever you are this is internet anybody can be anywhere but your comments doesn't show you have ever stepped out Nigeria or maybe you are still somewhere in Africa or you don't understand the laws governing where you are or your have taken your typical local mentality to where ever your are. Again that is none of my business! If you want update you can tune back to Nairaland this time next week.
Mr "nowhere" next time always read to comprehend and stop fooling yourself looking for someone to troll.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by goslowgoslow(m): 6:04am On Mar 15, 2023
HardMirror:
You be complete illiterate! Your comment is senseless!
Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by HardMirror(m): 6:28am On Mar 15, 2023
goslowgoslow:

You be complete illiterate! Your comment is senseless!
foool
Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by HardMirror(m): 6:29am On Mar 15, 2023
stayclearofme:

People like you come on line and comment stupidly. I didn't mention I was in Texas to brag, it is just to draw a contrast between what we do at home compared to abroad, specifically how animals are treated because you said it was "normal thing". I am not the first or the last that will live anywhere outside Nigeria. Texas is not heaven.
Your problem is that you cannot read to comprehend, you are just looking for someone to troll unfortunately you met a wrong match.
Again I never said the person will be arrested I said "if caught" he will be arrested whether road kill or not.
How will you arrested somebody that was never seen commiting a wrong doing? I don't care about wherever you are this is internet anybody can be anywhere but your comments doesn't show you have ever stepped out Nigeria or maybe you are still somewhere in Africa or you don't understand the laws governing where you are or your have taken your typical local mentality to where ever your are. Again that is none of my business! If you want update you can tune back to Nairaland this time next week.
Mr "nowhere" next time always read to comprehend and stop fooling yourself looking for someone to troll.
texans eat road kill. This is not news. Bleep off
Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by ChybuzzDD(m): 6:30am On Mar 15, 2023
DaveJacuzie:

The amount of blood you described is not a small amount. It's 60 percent of the blood in the animal's body.
All those nutrients doesn't make the meat sweet. If it's by nutrients, all food would be sweet including bitter leaf

Several studies by different researchers on the subject matter put the figure at 25 to 30%.
I don't know where you got your own 60% from
This isn't feasible as the heart stops beating in seconds to few minutes once it's deprived of oxygen from the cut trachea(wind pipe).
And once the beating stops, the blood from the periphery which constitute a larger percentage of the blood volume can no longer return back to heart to be able to flow out from the cut carotid on the neck.

We won't allow you guys to try yo use science to justify your superstitious beliefs.
Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by stayclearofme: 6:53am On Mar 15, 2023
HardMirror:
texans eat road kill. This is not news. Bleep off
OLODO!! Village boy...fvck off!
Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by stayclearofme: 6:55am On Mar 15, 2023
HardMirror:
foool
You see amm somebody just confirmed that you are illiterate...🤣🤣🤣🤣 Lmao.... Sorry o!
Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by DaveJacuzie: 11:49am On Mar 15, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

Several studies by different researchers on the subject matter put the figure at 25 to 30%.
I don't know where you got your own 60% from
This isn't feasible as the heart stops beating in seconds to few minutes once it's deprived of oxygen from the cut trachea(wind pipe).
And once the beating stops, the blood from the periphery which constitute a larger percentage of the blood volume can no longer return back to heart to be able to flow out from the cut carotid on the neck.

We won't allow you guys to try yo use science to justify your superstitious beliefs.

Visit an abattoir. You will challenge the scientists that told you 30 percent
Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by goslowgoslow(m): 5:07pm On Mar 15, 2023
HardMirror:
foool
You mean your father is a fool!
Re: Nigerian Man Hits A Deer In The US And Takes It Home For Eating (pics/vid) by meobizy(f): 12:08am On Mar 16, 2023
In many states, you can do so. This is not news.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can You Eat Any Of These Bush Meat Caught By These Hunters / A Nairalander Shares Her Easter Food. Share Yours / Best Way To Prepare A Jollof Rice: How?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.