Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,342 members, 7,974,448 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 03:38 AM

Tribalism Is On The Rise In Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribalism Is On The Rise In Nigeria. (440 Views)

U See Why Tribalism Is Not Good,see What Some Yorubas Are Doing In The UK. / Yoruba And Igbos Are One, Tribalism Is Dead On Arrival. / Prices Of Food Items Rise In Kano, Abuja, Lagos, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribalism Is On The Rise In Nigeria. by Justmesagi: 12:31pm On Mar 14, 2023
I noticed tribal bigotry is not only confined, to a large extent, to Nairaland again, it has permeated every social media platforms especially Twitter, Facebook and Clubhouse.

I also noticed other than Yoruba and Igbo that usually at each others neck, other ethnicities like Ijaw, Hausa, Fulani, Ikwere, Nupe have joined the fray.

Don't take my words for it, just go on these platforms listed and you will see for yourself.

Unfortunately, in recent times, I noticed it's now on ground (physical) and fast spreading.

What happens to the "we are just catching cruise, we cannot do this in real life" comments that some usually makes each time they are reminded that what they spew online might permeate and influence the psychology of the people on ground?

How can we curb this menace?

Rwanda 1994 should be a case study for what we are playing with can degenerate into.

Mynd44, Dominique, pls do me a favour.

3 Likes

Re: Tribalism Is On The Rise In Nigeria. by Legitisreal: 12:32pm On Mar 14, 2023
Was the 2023 election not tribal

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribalism Is On The Rise In Nigeria. by Felabrity: 12:34pm On Mar 14, 2023
It's escalating and becoming too much

It has gone offline

1 Like

Re: Tribalism Is On The Rise In Nigeria. by Fulmigati: 12:36pm On Mar 14, 2023
I have checked out a long time. Whatever happens to Nigeria, let it happen.

1 Like

Re: Tribalism Is On The Rise In Nigeria. by backtovillage: 12:43pm On Mar 14, 2023
If una wan take another person state you shout "tribalism is bad"
If e no favour una "no one Nigeria"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tribalism Is On The Rise In Nigeria. by mikelopez: 12:50pm On Mar 14, 2023
backtovillage:
If una wan take another person state you shout "tribalism is bad"
If e no favour una "no one Nigeria"

Personally, I will be the most happiest person on Earth if Nigeria burn to ashes.

I have been praying for this to happen

Useless cowards

1 Like

Re: Tribalism Is On The Rise In Nigeria. by Nayturalistic: 12:51pm On Mar 14, 2023
Tribalism is never a good thing, all parties will suffer.. and since one amateur political party has decided to thread on that tribalistic path in order to gain votes and sympathy, other parties also decided to thread it with them. One thing is certain, all of what is happening will eventually lead us to a happy ending. Either an adequate restructuring or a peaceful break up of this country
Re: Tribalism Is On The Rise In Nigeria. by JohnBullMySon: 12:54pm On Mar 14, 2023
As much as I love Democracy, I have come to realize that it is no longer healthy for Nigeria. It is the root cause of this tribalism.

2 Likes

Re: Tribalism Is On The Rise In Nigeria. by Fulmigati: 12:59pm On Mar 14, 2023
JohnBullMySon:
As much as I love Democracy, I have come to realize that it is no longer healthy for Nigeria. It is the root cause of this tribalism.
This is the truth.

1 Like

Re: Tribalism Is On The Rise In Nigeria. by Kayode1979: 1:08pm On Mar 14, 2023
USELESS IGBOS PEOPLE BROUGHT TRIBALISM AND RELIGIOUS TO OUR POLITICS

(1) (Reply)

Exclusive Leaked Audio Exposes Isah Yuguda, Yakubu Dogara & Abubakar Sadique’s R / Poll: Village Farmer Ends Anambra Speaker's 3rd Term Bid / Everything Soludo About Presidential Election Predicted Seems To Be Happening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.