Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,402 members, 7,881,465 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:21 PM

‘Collapse Your Structure, Join Me To Save Lagos’, Rhodes-Vivour Tells PDP - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘Collapse Your Structure, Join Me To Save Lagos’, Rhodes-Vivour Tells PDP (46979 Views)

Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread / Olabode Rhodes-Vivour Retires As Supreme Court Justice / 2019: "You Can't Zone My Constitutional Right - Donald Duke Tells PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Collapse Your Structure, Join Me To Save Lagos’, Rhodes-Vivour Tells PDP by CORRECTMAN78(m): 7:19am On Mar 15, 2023
sammsimm:
These people lack integrity.... Obidients now begging the same PDP u labelled as evil

Pot calling kettle black
Re: ‘Collapse Your Structure, Join Me To Save Lagos’, Rhodes-Vivour Tells PDP by Herbiodun09: 7:23am On Mar 15, 2023
helinues:
Gbadebo don drink again.

Gov Sanwoolu reelection already sorted, we are only working on the votes margin.

Even customer daada, Jimi Agbade who is a full blooded Yoruba couldn't defeat Apc even when Pdp was still formidable. Half cast self dey shake yansh..

Continue lighting candle

Half cast? Or product of abomination grin

Rhodes Chinedu Bastard

1 Like

Re: ‘Collapse Your Structure, Join Me To Save Lagos’, Rhodes-Vivour Tells PDP by Acekidc4(m): 7:31am On Mar 15, 2023
delpee:

Ha! shocked
Is this true or some kind of joke?

Very True.
Re: ‘Collapse Your Structure, Join Me To Save Lagos’, Rhodes-Vivour Tells PDP by Encyclopedia1: 7:37am On Mar 15, 2023
When u are mad, u are mad. 🤪🤪🤪
Re: ‘Collapse Your Structure, Join Me To Save Lagos’, Rhodes-Vivour Tells PDP by reddingtonblack: 7:42am On Mar 15, 2023
afbstrategies:

Losers like you think you own Lagos when you’re worth nothing. You own Lagos with your little mouths and fake guts. Wake up and see real transformation in Nigeria. Views from thugs laced with insults won’t do it for you. Those who have fathers don’t talk the way you do. Maybe you’re an orphan or fatherless. Kpele

Do you know since i started voting, my vote as alway count and my candidate always win ... i have never being on the losing side. ok

Being a youth does not necessary mean we must make foolish choice all the time naw, maybe your father train you naa you just refuse to have sense, at your age still reasoning like kids
Re: ‘Collapse Your Structure, Join Me To Save Lagos’, Rhodes-Vivour Tells PDP by TOYNEX(f): 8:12am On Mar 15, 2023
Omoh see soft landing for Jandor and Funke cool
Re: ‘Collapse Your Structure, Join Me To Save Lagos’, Rhodes-Vivour Tells PDP by Skeduw20(m): 8:20am On Mar 15, 2023
Odewaleadesoye:

VANGUARD

Save lagos
Is lagos collapsing?? Baba stop being desperate.
Re: ‘Collapse Your Structure, Join Me To Save Lagos’, Rhodes-Vivour Tells PDP by ZombieSlayer1: 8:26am On Mar 15, 2023
sammsimm:
These people lack integrity.... Obidients now begging the same PDP u labelled as evil
The Yoruba are the most tribalistic people in this country. See how y'all are insulting this man simple because he has an Igbo mother, and later you folks will come here to claim to be "accommodating"

1 Like

Re: ‘Collapse Your Structure, Join Me To Save Lagos’, Rhodes-Vivour Tells PDP by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 15, 2023
Did he say it in Yoruba language through interpreter?

1 Like

Re: ‘Collapse Your Structure, Join Me To Save Lagos’, Rhodes-Vivour Tells PDP by adecares(f): 8:38am On Mar 15, 2023
Skeduw20:

Save lagos
Is lagos collapsing?? Baba stop being desperate.

I wonder o, just imagine the effrontery.
Re: ‘Collapse Your Structure, Join Me To Save Lagos’, Rhodes-Vivour Tells PDP by leisuretym: 8:42am On Mar 15, 2023
Exedyne:

Their beerfraud messiah obingo wants to use him to grab lagos and impose ipob agenda on us.

Labour Party is a Cancer in the southwest and must be decimated as soon as possible.

They said Lagos was the reason they couldn’t get Biafla because they need port to import food and spare parts, so if they can capture Lagos this election, to get Biafla won’t be hard .
Yoruba betrayed them last time by supporting the Hausa to fight the Biafla soldiers according to them 😄

All the streets around Mile 10 in Oojo has been renamed Biafla names, they now want to rename the entire area Nwoke but Oojo local government turned down the request.
They said if Chinedu win, they will have Oojo Nwoke Mbanu LGA in Lagos, same think they did in port harcourt, I think the igbos deserve their 2 Local government in Lagos.

Oojo LGA should be divided into two, and you name one part Nwoke Mbanu LGA as they wish.

Festac, down to Apple Junction and Abule Ado should be their second LGA. Ebube Agu LGA.

At least they were able to rename a comment Obigbo in rivers state , wike was against it but they did it, the community only grumble, until The town became a hide out to IPOB and army went to burn the town down.
You can see the news on radio Biafla 😄😄
I support one Nigeria,

Re: ‘Collapse Your Structure, Join Me To Save Lagos’, Rhodes-Vivour Tells PDP by botiwunoluwa992: 9:18am On Mar 15, 2023
PDP should do the needful, they stand no chancePDP should do the needful, they stand no chance...
Re: ‘Collapse Your Structure, Join Me To Save Lagos’, Rhodes-Vivour Tells PDP by seunjungle1(m): 9:19am On Mar 15, 2023
This guy is really mocking PDP that is trying to survive from APC strangled. Both Ellup and PDP no fit stand sanwo-olu.
Re: ‘Collapse Your Structure, Join Me To Save Lagos’, Rhodes-Vivour Tells PDP by Samade7: 9:25am On Mar 15, 2023
Mumu man
Re: ‘Collapse Your Structure, Join Me To Save Lagos’, Rhodes-Vivour Tells PDP by bolliejay(m): 9:44am On Mar 15, 2023
Una go open mouth waaaa, de yan rubbish.

Agbero this, Agbero that...... Has Agbero atta ked or rob u before? No. NURTW is a trade association just like Association of Barber or Tailor. They are association of road transport workers and they don have biz with citizens.... So tell me the issue u have with Agbero.

Chinedu will not see draw this weekend.... U wanna bet?
Re: ‘Collapse Your Structure, Join Me To Save Lagos’, Rhodes-Vivour Tells PDP by lagosrd: 10:01am On Mar 15, 2023
Odewaleadesoye:

VANGUARD

It will be the greatest thing the PDP can do for the youths of this country. The LP is still in it's infant stage to accommodate the Lagos PDP. If otherwise , you will all regret it. Both LP and PDP
Re: ‘Collapse Your Structure, Join Me To Save Lagos’, Rhodes-Vivour Tells PDP by Elvis1015: 10:03am On Mar 15, 2023
iReddington:
Chinedu should go and do his trial and error in Abia State where he truly belongs, Lagos is center of excellence for a reason not where one ipob idiot will come and toy with. I'd rather Jandor be the Governor than an IPOB sympathizer.

And if he becomes the governor elect do well to leave the state cus I'm not sure you will succeed under his leadership
Re: ‘Collapse Your Structure, Join Me To Save Lagos’, Rhodes-Vivour Tells PDP by Elvis1015: 10:04am On Mar 15, 2023
iReddington:
Chinedu should go and do his trial and error in Abia State where he truly belongs, Lagos is center of excellence for a reason not where one ipob idiot will come and toy with. I'd rather Jandor be the Governor than an IPOB sympathizer.

And if he becomes the governor elect do well to leave the state cus I'm not sure you will succeed under his leadership
[b][/b]
Re: ‘Collapse Your Structure, Join Me To Save Lagos’, Rhodes-Vivour Tells PDP by StreetFight: 11:09am On Mar 15, 2023
Totilopussylick:
tongue

As far as Vivor the survivor is concerned, PDP will collapse it structure and join the labor party to restore sanity in Lagos state from APC the tribals bigots at the end of the day.

If your state of origin is better than this Lagos run by APC, then you and your parents would not jump into Mallam Audu Aboki's trailer carrying Cows from Maiduguri through Igbo land to Lagos to sell Gala and La Casera inside Lagos holdups and sleep under Lagos bridges
Re: ‘Collapse Your Structure, Join Me To Save Lagos’, Rhodes-Vivour Tells PDP by afbstrategies: 11:31am On Mar 15, 2023
reddingtonblack:

Do you know since i started voting, my vote as alway count and my candidate always win ... i have never being on the losing side. ok

Being a youth does not necessary mean we must make foolish choice all the time naw, maybe your father train you naa you just refuse to have sense, at your age still reasoning like kids
It looks like you’re wasted again because you failed to make any sense. You should stop skipping your medication 💊 Kpele!
Re: ‘Collapse Your Structure, Join Me To Save Lagos’, Rhodes-Vivour Tells PDP by garykoeman: 12:15pm On Mar 15, 2023
phorget:

Nah wa for you people o.
Do you know how many igbos that cant even understand an igbo word but will speak other languages fluently, does that make them less igbo?
Chinedu Patrick Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour claimed he's an indigenous person from Lagos & he cannot speak Yoruba. There's no where in the world that you'll be an indigenous person of that land & you cannot speak their language & you want to rule over them. They won't accept it.
Can you accept that in the East.
Re: ‘Collapse Your Structure, Join Me To Save Lagos’, Rhodes-Vivour Tells PDP by ShadowCracker(m): 12:53pm On Mar 15, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Great move. Alimosho will do you proud, omoluabi eko. We're ready. Sanwoolu isn't known to us
If Apc loses Alimosho after all mobilisation from Yayi & Aregbesola, e go to funny. cheesy
Re: ‘Collapse Your Structure, Join Me To Save Lagos’, Rhodes-Vivour Tells PDP by TristanX: 2:12pm On Mar 15, 2023
helinues:
Gbadebo don drink again.

Gov Sanwoolu reelection already sorted, we are only working on the votes margin.

Even customer daada, Jimi Agbade who is a full blooded Yoruba couldn't defeat Apc even when Pdp was still formidable. Half cast self dey shake yansh..

Continue lighting candle
Already sorted u say.... APC thug rigging election
Re: ‘Collapse Your Structure, Join Me To Save Lagos’, Rhodes-Vivour Tells PDP by Tochj(m): 4:47pm On Mar 15, 2023
Roboto11:

You mean this Igbo boy that called Yoruba Afonja is who you think isn't a bastard?
So Tinubu has become yoruba?
He called Tinubu Afonja not Yorubas.
Re: ‘Collapse Your Structure, Join Me To Save Lagos’, Rhodes-Vivour Tells PDP by afbstrategies: 9:02pm On Mar 15, 2023
Roboto11:

Na him call himself Chinedu.
And what’s the name of this Tinubu’s daughter?
Your hypocrisy is outstanding and alarming

Re: ‘Collapse Your Structure, Join Me To Save Lagos’, Rhodes-Vivour Tells PDP by laiperi: 10:07pm On Mar 15, 2023
ImperialYoruba,

You are absolutely right.

But remember most real Lagosians are as guilty. Even those with Yoruba names Anglicized their names (Tokunbo to Toks, Babatunde to Babs)

Vivour and Rhodes have Yoruba names but like many Africans and African American or British, pride themselves on English, Christian or Muslim religions.

Look at the good part of this WakeUp call. It has sensitized and educated us.

Chinedu missed road, no be small O!

ImperialYoruba:

For any person that want to fly GRV in our face as an original Lagosian, I ask what is the depth of his originality in Lagos?

His great grandfather was rescued at sea, or possibly freed from a foreign plantation and resettled in Sierra Leone. Among the freed persons that came from Sierra Leone to settle in Lagos in 1845 forward, Rhodes-Vivor was one of them. He met Ijebu, Oyo, Egba, Ekiti, Awori, Hausa, Tapa already living in Lagos.

Oshodi Tapa served Oba Eshinlokun and some of his sons. I am talking of late 1700s to mid 1800s. By the way, Eshinlokun's grandfather was an Ijesha man. Now we are talking of 1600s into 1700s.

Make una no let me pull out my diary of early Lagos o. Abi una don craze ni? grin

Tell GRV the real commonwealth is the one his great grandfather met on ground in Lagos, a pan-Yoruba community that existed as an elite society, and with representation from Okun, Offa, Iseyin, Oyo, Ijesha, Ife, Ondo, Owo, Ibadan, Ogbomosho, Egba, Ijebu, Awori, Popo. In extension were the Tapas, the Hausas.

God punish GRV and all una biafrans. We will declare war against terrorism and evacuate all Igbos from our land. You better sit straight and face your spare part income, or you return to that hell hole in Onitsha. Freaks!
Re: ‘Collapse Your Structure, Join Me To Save Lagos’, Rhodes-Vivour Tells PDP by cronaldot: 10:17pm On Mar 15, 2023
I never denied that he is yoruba by birth but has been a biafra agitator.He has a right to support biafra but i dont think Lagosians want a governor who will be conducting IPOB meeting in the state House .HE needs to choose between IPOB and being a governor .By the way , why do you guy like using True Lagosian, that is sign of inferiority complex

press9jatv:
he’s a Yoruba man. Stop blowing lies and propaganda against the incoming governor GRV. Unlike the useless and Endsars killer Sanwo Olu that is not from Lagos State. Sanwo Olu is a a clueless loser and clueless goner
Re: ‘Collapse Your Structure, Join Me To Save Lagos’, Rhodes-Vivour Tells PDP by GEEBITE: 11:02pm On Mar 15, 2023
Like Ajayi Crowther and Herbert Macaulay.
Or Sapara William and Adeniyi Jones.
Gaabasky:
“I mean it’s an insult, it’s a big insult first of all. The Governor is actually extremely disrespectful; he is extremely disrespectful to Lagosians because after they gave him the position for four years; you owe it to them to come and account for your stewardship. Be it a debate or whatever."

“To add to that is that a man from Ijebu is questioning a Rhodes-Vivour. I mean my Great-great Grandfather was the first Nigerian-Lagosian that was admitted into government in this country under Governor Bourdilion’s government; after which was Adeyemo Alakija, you then have Doherty."

When they tell this guy the real origin of his family he will stopped his branging of his linage. Rhodes family are descender of returning slv. Hope he knw that
Re: ‘Collapse Your Structure, Join Me To Save Lagos’, Rhodes-Vivour Tells PDP by GEEBITE: 11:26pm On Mar 15, 2023
Lagos city hall was built on his great grandfather's land. Say something else.
olamieseun:
I want to know one things from dis guy calling himself a true lagosian,where he's agbolé in Lagos?if he can't say his agbolé then that means is complete saro returned.
Re: ‘Collapse Your Structure, Join Me To Save Lagos’, Rhodes-Vivour Tells PDP by ImperialYoruba: 11:48am On Mar 16, 2023
laiperi:
ImperialYoruba,

You are absolutely right.

But remember most real Lagosians are as guilty. Even those with Yoruba names Anglicized their names (Tokunbo to Toks, Babatunde to Babs)

Vivour and Rhodes have Yoruba names but like many Africans and African American or British, pride themselves on English, Christian or Muslim reli
Look at the good part of this WakeUp call. It has sensitized and educated us.

Chinedu missed road, no be small O!

Identity alteration is part of methodology for changing consciousness and subdue the will.
Slave owners across the sea gave their slaves new names.

When Britain declared war against slavery many generations existed bearing new names, and barely had any link left in their ḿemory of their African beginning. For many of them, their tribal link was passed down as a pride of heritage. Those who had not lost their African names or the link back to their homeland were just one or two generations removed from Africa.

Rhodes-Vivor would have been one of those with lost memory of African name, and family roots, all he would know was he came from a Yoruba tribe.

Your point about name adaptation and voluntarily altering one's identity to fit in with a foreign ideology is a valid point, and I agree with you. What I said above is just a recount of the root reason a Rhodes-Vivor came about.

Also, we must give recognition to many returnees who rebelled against their foreign name-identity, and adopted new local names going forward.

I don't believe Rhodes-Vivor knew what their family name was pre-slavery, but I am convinced they were at liberty to also re-immerse fully into their Yoruba identity after settlement in Lagos, but chosed not to. Reason for that is not part of my business.

1 Like

Re: ‘Collapse Your Structure, Join Me To Save Lagos’, Rhodes-Vivour Tells PDP by laiperi: 12:24pm On Mar 16, 2023
ImperialYoruba,

Well said.

I am sure you remember Mama Oye, the one in Iya Oye song mother of Yinka Rhodes by Ebenezer Obey. Apart from their Yoruba root, they also have roots in Ghana or Togo.

To your point. A song got my attention in a Cuban store once. It was a Yoruba dialect I could only make out a few words. Then in many Brazilian religious ceremonies, they sing in Yoruba.

If those ones can trace their Yoruba ORIKI through songs and religion, why not returned Africans?

It is nothing but inferiority complex. The type that banned vernacular in schools. Just like when we were growing up, some of our friends did not speak Yoruba and some spoke in funny accent like Chinedu.

I remember what Magistrate Gbajabiamila said in those days: these kids could neither speak English nor Yoruba. In short, inferiority complex is a devastating disease that eats into the new generation.

When a boy told them his name is Chukwu, he was told that was devil's name. He protested that Chukwu meant God. They baptized him as Godwin. Still remember my Things Fall Apart grin

ImperialYoruba:

Identity alteration is part of methodology for changing consciousness and subdue the will.
Slave owners across the sea gave their slaves new names.

When Britain declared war against slavery many generations existed bearing new names, and barely had any link left in their ḿemory of their African beginning. For many of them, their tribal link was passed down as a pride of heritage. Those who had not lost their African names or the link back to their homeland were just one or two generations removed from Africa.

Rhodes-Vivor would have been one of those with lost memory of African name, and family roots, all he would know was he came from a Yoruba tribe.

Your point about name adaptation and voluntarily altering one's identity to fit in with a foreign ideology is a valid point, and I agree with you. What I said above is just a recount of the root reason a Rhodes-Vivor came about.

Also, we must give recognition to many returnees who rebelled against their foreign name-identity, and adopted new local names going forward.

I don't believe Rhodes-Vivor knew what their family name was pre-slavery, but I am convinced they were at liberty to also re-immerse fully into their Yoruba identity after settlement in Lagos, but chosed not to. Reason for that is not part of my business.

Re: ‘Collapse Your Structure, Join Me To Save Lagos’, Rhodes-Vivour Tells PDP by ImperialYoruba: 8:15pm On Mar 16, 2023
laiperi:
ImperialYoruba,

Well said.

I am sure you remember Mama Oye, the one in Iya Oye song mother of Yinka Rhodes by Ebenezer Obey. Apart from their Yoruba root, they also have roots in Ghana or Togo.

To your point. A song got my attention in a Cuban store once. It was a Yoruba dialect I could only make out a few words. Then in many Brazilian religious ceremonies, they sing in Yoruba.

If those ones can trace their Yoruba ORIKI through songs and religion, why not returned Africans?

It is nothing but inferiority complex. The type that banned vernacular in schools. Just like when we were growing up, some of our friends did not speak Yoruba and some spoke in funny accent like Chinedu.

I remember what Magistrate Gbajabiamila said in those days: these kids could neither speak English nor Yoruba. In short, inferiority complex is a devastating disease that eats into the new generation.

When a boy told them his name is Chukwu, he was told that was devil's name. He protested that Chukwu meant God. They baptized him as Godwin. Still remember my Things Fall Apart grin

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Kwara Gets Innoson Fire Fighting Truck (Photos) / Why Is Senator David Mark Always Silent In The 8th Senate? / Breaking News: Atiku Decams From APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.