Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,280 members, 7,977,851 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 02:19 PM

The Old Silent Treatment Is A Waste Of Time - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Old Silent Treatment Is A Waste Of Time (1065 Views)

Wow! I Never Knw They Hate Silent Treatment / Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? / The Silent Treatment - What You Are Saying By Not Saying Anything At All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Old Silent Treatment Is A Waste Of Time by Orikinla(m): 4:46pm On Aug 31, 2007
What is wrong with the so called old silent treatment?

I am amused whenever I see couples not speaking to each other in annoyance.
And I saw a man who found it hard to forgive his wife for sleeping with another man and separated from her till he died. I never saw him speak to her.
He was mean and unforgiven.

I cannot imagine not speaking to my sweetest, no matter what she has done. Even if I found out that she is a witch, I will still talk to her to do my best to help her out of her predicament.
Even if I catch her in adultery, I will not stop speaking to her. Because, the fact is, I don't lose sleep over many of the issues that humans fret about.
Speak or don't speak.
Sulk or don't sulk.
Hate or don't hate.
Live or die.
Life goes on.
And I don't want life to go on without enjoying it.

I don't know how to hate.
Because, I was made for love, to love and never to stop loving till the end.

Even if I catch my sweetheart in bed with another man, I won't throw her over the balcony.
In fact, I will still love her and even make love to her the next minute if she still wants me to love her.

There are enough conflicts and hostilities in the world, and besides I don't like headaches or worries.

If a man forks my babe or wife, that does not mean I should go mad.
To me, they just had sex.
Finis.
How was it?
Did you enjoy it?
Was it a good fork?
But darling, why did you do it?

If she is honest and transparent, I will forgive her right there.
And life goes on.

A girlfriend once told me that my friend raped her.
When did he do it?
She said a month ago. But she was afraid of telling me.
Hmm.
Did you enjoy it?
Suddenly, she flared up and yelled that how could she enjoy being raped?
And she was just telling me after a month?
She thought I would shoot my buddy?
Wrong.
He took advantage of her behind my back and forked her.
She never told me until 30 days later and expected me to go and figjht him?
Wrong.
How was it?
Simple Question.
Did you enjoy it?
Yes or No.
Life goes on.

I am not an emotional animal.
I love drama.
Scream and yell aloud.
Howl and snarl like a dog.
But I won't hit you and I won't even push you.
I would prefer to lay you and lay you real good.

How do I punish my woman when she offends me?
I fork her well.

[size=14pt]Love is the weapon of my warfare.[/size]

And you may quote me.

Two babes are not speaking to me again right now, but whenever I think of them, all I imagine is making love to the older leggy one. And I imagine how I would raise up her thighs and make her feel the measure of my love. The length and depth of my passion to love and not to hate.

My Sweetest and I went through a stormy weather
But we came back and reconciled and still together.
Our love is better and stonger and tighter.

[size=14pt]Whatever will make you feel blue and not to speak to your spouse, please do your utmost to stop it before it happens.[/size]

You can join the discussion on the old silent treatment.
Re: The Old Silent Treatment Is A Waste Of Time by Seun(m): 4:48pm On Aug 31, 2007
This would have been a brilliant thread if you had the discipline to stick to the topic. Argh!!

And why the hell do you keep rapists as "friends"? Even if you can't "kill" them, why keep them as friends?
Re: The Old Silent Treatment Is A Waste Of Time by Orikinla(m): 5:19pm On Aug 31, 2007
Seun,
Apologies for being so blunt.

I just let it flow.

That is me.

Cheating is the most common cause of separations between lovers and spouses.
That is why I have made the issues so graphic.

Apologies to those who would feel ouch! for the raw language.

Have a great romantic weekend.
Kiss and make up today, because tomorrow may be too late.
Re: The Old Silent Treatment Is A Waste Of Time by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:25pm On Aug 31, 2007
Lol Orikinla, I kinda admire your approach to things but had you asked me that question i would have slit your throat! Then again, I wouldnt have kept mum for a month.
Re: The Old Silent Treatment Is A Waste Of Time by Seun(m): 9:31pm On Aug 31, 2007
Keeping rapists as friends is not being blunt. It's being a criminal by association. Soon you will join them.
Re: The Old Silent Treatment Is A Waste Of Time by tnaidaR(f): 9:35pm On Aug 31, 2007
Seun:

Soon you will join them.

Lmao grin

Why do I find it hard to believe this is coming from Orinkila?
Re: The Old Silent Treatment Is A Waste Of Time by Orikinla(m): 10:17pm On Aug 31, 2007
tnaidaR:

Lmao grin

Why do I find it hard to believe this is coming from Orinkila?

Those who know me would not be surprised.
Nigerian nurses spoilt me since 1988.
I had to draw the female anatomy for months that I got fixated on it. But I am harmless.
It is good to free your mind.

Seun,
I did not know they were capable of doing such horrible and terrible things.
They were regular church goers.
How would I know a rapist when none of them had any criminal record.

I cannot commit such a crime, because I see sex as very sacred.
I have not even had sex since July 7, 2006. And before then, I was celibate since January 1, 1999.
The first time I had sex, I was afraid to cross the road.
I knelt down and begged God to forgive me for fornication. And the last time was with my faithful partner and she is in another state and we have not seen since July 7, 2006.
She is very faithful.
I am very faithful.
Sex is sacred to me.
So, I don't abuse or misuse the birth canal of humankind.
The sacred grove of motherhood.

But lest we digress, the issue is, why should couples be so cross with each other that they would not speak. Like the man taking his pillow and going to sleep in another room or turning his back on the wife in bed?

To me, the old silent treatment is childish.

I believe in talking things over.

Sit down and trash out the rubbish.
Re: The Old Silent Treatment Is A Waste Of Time by tobaaro(m): 5:23pm On Sep 01, 2007
i lyk d old silent tratment,
cos it works 4 my girl! @ least 4 now! grin grin

(1) (Reply)

A Lady Between The Age Of 22 And 25yrsneeded 4 A Serious Relationship / 'out Of Sight' My 'out Of Mind' / What Is Love? Can Human Beings Really Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.