Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,094 members, 7,967,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 11:06 AM

How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? (1913 Views)

Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers / What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe / Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? by CBR100: 10:34am On Mar 17, 2023
DanielPat01:

Imagine that is just Onitsha na. By the you see Nnewi, Neni, Ekwulobia, Oba and the likes I didn't mentioned Awka because this places are more developed than Awka. Go to Google bro.

Besides that is just side. A satellite view will show you it an urbanized city. Onitsha is a Metropolis in the making (fact).

If Anambra should were to be Nigeria's capital trust me it's where you would want to be (Best weather, with little effect of harmattan).

When it comes to economy just forget it. You can't rule the South East put in that aspect. The revenue alone from Onitsha main market (one of the largest in Africa) let alone other big markets speaks volumes.

u ppl always talk about market (because igbo ar essentially traders)

look southwest is bigger than southeast in all ramification

let talk about infrasture (we are beta both in quality and in quantity)
from functioning port to functioning railway, to beta quality roads and even quantity

in term of education we have beta private and public universities (both quality and quantity)

in term of agriculture and forestry we beat you ppl handdown

in term of manufacturing we also beat you ppl handdown, in fact a single state in southwest has more industry than the entire Southeast

in term of earning foreign exchange through export we beat you ppl handdown (abi wetin unna dey export , we have cashew,cocoa,hardwood etc )

in fact animal husbandry u ppl rely on us for unna poultry need

there are more cars in southwest than the rest of nigeria combine

in term of security we still beat you ppl handdown

in term of poverty index we have the least poverty, every research always says so....and you ppl are note even second (because ss always come second)

2 Likes

Re: How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? by waynetee(m): 10:39am On Mar 17, 2023
nairanaira12:

Stupid excuse.

If you had been responsible in leadership for 4 years, will you have to resort to violence to win election

Did sanwo olu attack you?.. Its between the supporters and you can't expect him to side with his enemy.. The most sensible thing for the person of that class and pedigree is to remain neutral which he is doing.

You people think as if you are not in real life and the world can be perfect for you, typical delusion of grandeur.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? by SisterAnn(f): 5:26pm On Mar 17, 2023
wahalawahala:
ode! U dey dry, fvck off😒
Your family ode.
Re: How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? by wahalawahala: 5:39pm On Mar 17, 2023
SisterAnn:
Your family ode.
like father like daughter... Ode Fvck off

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? by SisterAnn(f): 5:51pm On Mar 17, 2023
wahalawahala:
like father like daughter... Ode Fvck off
Like son like his runaway father. GTFO!

Re: How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? by wahalawahala: 6:04pm On Mar 17, 2023
SisterAnn:
Like son like his runaway father. GTFO!
arindin omo ale.. koshi danu🙄
Re: How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? by frank14011991(m): 6:05pm On Mar 17, 2023
DanielPat01:
I use to think the Yorubas are highly educated and intelligent as they claim too.

Like if you ask anyone in Nigeria they would gladly tell you the Yorubas are the most educated tribe in Nigeria followed by the Igbos the comes other tribes.

But No this elections says different, infact it says alot.

There is a quote my late grandpa always drop, he would say it in Igbo and also say it in Pidgin English and main English yet I never understood it clearly until recently.

He said and I quote;
"Na nwamú gara akwúkwo aburó na oma ifé"

"My Pikin go school no mean say E get sense."

"That my child is educated doesn't mean he is sensible"

The Yorubas have proven without doubt that they are overhyped.

I was speaking to a Yoruba friend of mine from Ekiti state few days ago, who was is a core supporter of Peter Obi. His compound is just a stone throw from mine..

He said to me that he is ashamed of his people, that he thought for once they would get it right. Especially people from his state. That the worse is the tribal shade on the Labour Party candidate a Lagosian because he is married to an Igbo woman.

I couldn't help but agree with him. From my experience majority of yorubas, I mean 70% are Tribalistic and brutal in tribalism/trabalistic approach.. I just pray this doesn't lead into a a tribal war somehow.

If not it's is finished (The End of Nigeria).
ibos are worse, the most tribalistic tribe in Nigeria
Re: How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? by SisterAnn(f): 6:08pm On Mar 17, 2023
wahalawahala:
arindin omo ale.. koshi danu🙄
Otolo gbagbu kwe Ezi nu lo gi nile!

Re: How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? by wahalawahala: 6:35pm On Mar 17, 2023
SisterAnn:
Otolo gbagbu kwe Ezi nu lo gi nile!
onikure! Omo ofo
Re: How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? by SisterAnn(f): 6:38pm On Mar 17, 2023
wahalawahala:
onikure! Omo ofo
Ama nnagi shi kwee!

Re: How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? by wahalawahala: 6:42pm On Mar 17, 2023
SisterAnn:
Ama nnagi shi kwee!
iyalaya e... Omo ofo 🥴 koshi danu
Re: How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? by SisterAnn(f): 6:44pm On Mar 17, 2023
wahalawahala:
iyalaya e... Omo ofo 🥴 koshi danu
Onwu gbuo ndi obodo unu Nile!
Re: How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? by wahalawahala: 6:48pm On Mar 17, 2023
SisterAnn:
Onwu gbuo ndi obodo unu Nile!
awon are ileyin a sofo danu.. omo Iran kiran
Re: How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? by SisterAnn(f): 6:49pm On Mar 17, 2023
wahalawahala:
awon are ileyin a sofo danu.. omo Iran kiran
Otu gbari e nnenna gi!
Re: How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? by wahalawahala: 6:54pm On Mar 17, 2023
SisterAnn:
Otu gbari e nnenna gi!
na ugm go wipe ur family.. omo ofo
Re: How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? by DanielPat01: 7:09pm On Mar 18, 2023
frank14011991:
ibos are worse, the most tribalistic tribe in Nigeria

Wrong. The election says it's Yorubas. Hateful comments meted out against the Igbos on every crime thread here speaks volume.

From my observation majority of Yorubas aren't straightforward. Very tribalistic and pretentious in reality.
Re: How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? by DanielPat01: 8:38pm On Mar 18, 2023
CBR100:

u ppl always talk about market (because igbo ar essentially traders)

[s]look southwest is bigger than southeast in all ramification[/s]

let talk about infrasture (we are beta both in quality and in quantity)
from functioning port to functioning railway, to beta quality roads and even quantity

in term of education we have beta private and public universities (both quality and quantity)

in term of agriculture and forestry we beat you ppl handdown

in term of manufacturing we also beat you ppl handdown, in fact a single state in southwest has more industry than the entire Southeast

in term of earning foreign exchange through export we beat you ppl handdown (abi wetin unna dey export , we have cashew,cocoa,hardwood etc )

in fact animal husbandry u ppl rely on us for unna poultry need

there are more cars in southwest than the rest of nigeria combine

in term of security we still beat you ppl handdown

in term of poverty index we have the least poverty, every research always says so....and you ppl are note even second (because ss always come second)

Had it been you been you added proof to all this things you mentioned it would have made sense.

Intellects argue with proof not wishful and hopeful thinking born out of cheap rumours.

Your subtle blathers won't be believed by me until quality evidence are provided. But the most important to me will be address though.

From what you wrote most of your "success" or should I say "Achievements" can be attributed to Lagos State which I counted out from the very begining being that it was the nations capital for atleast 70 yrs compared to Abuja of just 31 yrs.

Like is there any real functional port with huge activities going on it aside Lagos? Non actually. Most are still very much under construction.

And talking about ports, it the sole duty of the FG to build solid ports where necessary as it usually considered Federal prohect but what have the Buhari done In the East.

The only obvious thing he (Buhari) did in the East was to build the second Niger bridge in a sub-standard way with lack of aesthetic, neglecting and cutting off the initial wide lane plus railway corridor projected for it but went on to build and complete the Lagos-Ibadan railway plus Abuja-Kaduna railway.

Even the South East railway project was ended by the Federal Government. I ain't talking shit. Go and verify (Google). We are all observing.

The government of Buhari and Goodluck paid more attention to the west and North than the SS and SE if not you all won't be capping shit.

Lastly, saying South-west is bigger than the East in all ramification is a big insult and a statement uttered out of ignorance. Come on! Really bro? 😕

CBR100:

In terms of the poverty index you actually mentioned you actually made a fool of yourself there. 😆 You went reading outdated blogs... 😂

Dude the status quo changed late last year. Here is an official post by The Cable index that actually hit the Front Page (FP) on Nairaland.

The South-East is the least poorest state in Nigeria currently overtaking both the South South and the South West 😁

Kindly Verify to gain current knowledge.
https://www.nairaland.com/7444949/number-poor-people-nigeria-geo

When it comes to education; the South-East have the least proportion of out of school children.

Anambra my state is the state with the least number of out of school children. It's just a matter of time before the South-East reclaim there position as the most educated tribe and region in Nigeria just like it was before the advent of the devastating civil war.

Here is proof of what I'm saying (Satisense official stat)

Note: this post also made FP on Nairaland.
https://www.nairaland.com/7453717/list-states-lowest-number-out

Only the ignorant would rule Igbos out completely in various growth category. I think Igbos have proven themselves in every sphere of life not to be underrated/underestimated.

Now before you quote me again make sure you have your stats right and your proof a quality one and intact. Peace buroda mi. 🙂❣️
Re: How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? by DanielPat01: 8:42pm On Mar 18, 2023
Zincfingers:

Emeka rest!
Only clowns believe Anambra is better than Rivers grin grin
Rivers is second to Lagos in the south but a delusional miscreant like you thinks otherwise

Olaniyi I just cleared one of your brothers doubt that haven't been to Anambra but is capping shit.

I don't have time to educate you just Go to Google and type in this keyword.
Most developed state in Nigeria

Aside Lagos and Abuja you will see Anambra. Rest Olaniyi!!!
Re: How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? by FreedomfromtheT: 8:47pm On Mar 18, 2023
Some of the APC Yorubas have shown the world how sophisticated or crude they are from today's gubernatorial election.
Re: How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? by Basic123: 9:13pm On Mar 18, 2023
LegendHero:

It’s not an inferior Ibo that will tell a Yoruba man what is called civilization. It’s an insult to our rich history as Yorubas.

To you Igbos, you always get threatened by how the Yorubas see each other as one irrespective of clan and religion. That to you indicates tribalism because you igbos are naturally divisive judging from the fact that you’re from a lineage of people that practice caste system Osu.

I once spoke to one of my Ibo guy and he told me if I see anyone with surname that start or have OSU (e.g Nwosu) within it, then that person is from a caste system and that they have no ancestral lands. What can be more uncivilized than that? Imagine someone from such upbringing calling the superior Yoruba uncivilized!

If not for Nigeria, Ibo people shouldn’t even come into civilization discussion because both your past and recent history has not shown your ancestor built any string civilization or enviable culture.

Tell me the truth, do you not feel jealous of the rich Yoruba culture and the level of brotherhood between them irrespective of clan and religion?

Lastly, with respect to this election, you voted Obi with 90%+ of the votes while Yoruba barely gave Tinubu 65% of our votes and yet you guys think Yoruba are the tribalist. What exactly do you want us to do to please you? We should give Tinubu 0% votes to please your Iyanmili ancestor or what exactly is the problem here?
I love your response

1 Like

Re: How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? by CBR100: 9:15pm On Mar 18, 2023
DanielPat01:

Had it been you been you added proof to all this things you mentioned it would have made sense.

Intellects argue with proof not wishful and hopeful thinking born out of cheap rumours.

Your subtle blathers won't be believed by me until quality evidence are provided. But the most important to me will be address though.

From what you wrote most of your "success" or should I say "Achievements" can be attributed to Lagos State which I counted out from the very begining being that it was the nations capital for atleast 70 yrs compared to Abuja of just 31 yrs.

Like is there any real functional port with huge activities going on it aside Lagos? Non actually. Most are still very much under construction.

And talking about ports, it the sole duty of the FG to build solid ports where necessary as it usually considered Federal prohect but what have the Buhari done In the East.

The only obvious thing he (Buhari) did in the East was to build the second Niger bridge in a sub-standard way with lack of aesthetic, neglecting and cutting off the initial wide lane plus railway corridor projected for it but went on to build and complete the Lagos-Ibadan railway plus Abuja-Kaduna railway.

Even the South East railway project was ended by the Federal Government. I ain't talking shit. Go and verify (Google). We are all observing.

The government of Buhari and Goodluck paid more attention to the west and North than the SS and SE if not you all won't be capping shit.

Lastly, saying South-west is bigger than the East in all ramification is a big insult and a statement uttered out of ignorance. Come on! Really bro? 😕

In terms of the poverty index you actually mentioned you actually made a fool of yourself there. 😆 You went reading outdated blogs... 😂

Dude the status quo changed late last year. Here is an official post by The Cable index that actually hit the Front Page (FP) on Nairaland.

The South-East is the least poorest state in Nigeria currently overtaking both the South South and the South West 😁

Kindly Verify to gain current knowledge.
https://www.nairaland.com/7444949/number-poor-people-nigeria-geo

When it comes to education; the South-East have the least proportion of out of school children.

Anambra my state is the state with the least number of out of school children. It's just a matter of time before the South-East reclaim there position as the most educated tribe and region in Nigeria just like it was before the advent of the devastating civil war.

Here is proof of what I'm saying (Satisense official stat)

Note: this post also made FP on Nairaland.
https://www.nairaland.com/7453717/list-states-lowest-number-out

Only the ignorant would rule Igbos out completely in various growth category. I think Igbos have proven themselves in every sphere of life not to be underrated/underestimated.

Now before you quote me again make sure you have your stats right and your proof a quality one and intact. Peace buroda mi. 🙂❣️

weda na fg or foreign investor or Igbo developer, wat matters is dat it is in southwest and it will added to sw gdp.....just lyk dangote refineries

you ppl don't have port , neither do you ppl have railway, nor metro station
our economic capital Lagos economy is bigger than the economy of Ghana as whole (so if southwest is a country our economy is far bigger than DAT of Ghana)
we pass unna by all means

abi we no pass unna for agriculture ??

manufacturing nk0 ??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Asari Dokunbo: Releasing Kanu Is Rewarding Criminality / Lamidi Apapa Was Not Installed By Appeal Court. Ignore Mischief Makers / More Pictures Biafra Government In Exile Administrative Office Opening In USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.