Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,983 members, 7,873,164 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:03 AM

My Journey To Getting Tested For HIV - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Journey To Getting Tested For HIV (334 Views)

Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience / My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos / An American’s Experience Of Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Journey To Getting Tested For HIV by Seun112233: 1:01pm On Mar 16, 2023
Good day nairalander.
I hope you learn from this short story of mine and overcome your fear. It all started like 6 months ago after I discovered that my room mate had HIV (he did not tell me outright but I get to know his result through a scanned documents from the hospital he visited to enroll) this guy way is not pure right from the first day as I know him, myself and his church members had on many occasions fight him cos of his behavior but he would no listen. Fast forward, having know his status I stopped sharing clothes and kitchen equipment with him cos we live in a shared apartment, I month later I started having sore troat and sometimes headache which I started googling symptoms of HIV and all I am seeing allign with the symptoms I'm having. Anxiety and fear of ending my live living with HIV( knowing fully well that I did not engage in sexual activities) grips me and I started blaming myself sharing an apartment with a total stranger. I am pupular in my area and I did not want to put my name on the billboard,so I did not go for test until after 6 months ( during the 6 months waiting time, I used to fill that I am getting lean and not adding weight) I later opt in for Oral quick HIV test kit which costs me about 4,500NGN. I run the test and waited for 20 minutes as indicated on the manual that came with it( my mind almost pop out while waiting for the 20 minutes). After 22 minutes, I checked the result and it's negative. I am happy and thank God I did not get the virus I knew nothing about.

Because of fear and anxiety I have lost weight because I keep thinking negatively. Bosses in the house abeg which meal combination can I rig that will make me gain weight faster as I am very slim before the incident too, now the slimness is becoming obvious.
Lastly, conquer your fear before it destroy you. Go, get tested

(1) (Reply)

Natural Solution To Goitre/thyroid Problem 0.7.0.3.0.2.2.7.6.4.1 / Pain Relief Drugs: What Are The Side Effects? / Areas Of The Body You Will Feel Pain If Your Blood Pressure Rises Beyond

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.