Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,419 members, 7,950,905 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 05:41 AM

My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. (35281 Views)

Edo 2020: DSS Arrests APC Supporter For Vote-Buying In Edo (Pictures) / Panic Buying In Kano Ahead Of 7-Day Lockdown / APC Lied! Our Convention Wasn’t Marred With Vote Buying – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by CrownLands(m): 4:18am On Mar 19, 2023
That is the power of incumbency.
The principal has enough cash to buy the conscience of the electorates.

Besides, "the NAIRA SCARCITY makes useless resistance to getting free cash."

God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Reference(m): 4:44am On Mar 19, 2023
Elistho:

My vote counted, but we didn't win because others bought votes. They're two different things, get it straight.

How exactly do you mean by 'votes COUNT'

For this has been peddled over the airwaves throughout Nigeria in this season of elections.

Is it the physical counting of votes or the electoral impact of polling and casting of votes to determine leadership.

If it is the former, yes you participated in a game and scored a goal, if it is the later then VAR has checked and ruled your goal null and void.

For some it is pointless voting in a SYSTEM that cannot guarantee the just rules of the game, just like playing a match with a weak willed referee who cannot officiate properly. What is the point.

So who wins, because a trophy must be presented. Well, there is always the option of a walk-over so that you don't give the cheating side the satisfaction of a competition. That will definitely blunt the celebrations.

Perhaps Nigerians can force constitutional changes by not playing compromised games with dodgy referees. It is not new. People all over the world boycott elections for various reasons particularly where they see that elections for elections sake is not moving them forward.

For why participate only to legitimize a flawed process and a rogue government. So sorry for the people of Akwa Ibom and the rest of Nigeria. There are many things to learn from those who have developed their nations and we have got to gain knowledge of how this democracy thing really works.
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Elistho(m): 5:14am On Mar 19, 2023
phemocheee:
I just sent you something light.

Cheers

I've seen it now, words are not enough to thank you. I'm so grateful and I appreciate, God bless you.
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Nobody: 5:17am On Mar 19, 2023
Reference:

For why participate only to legitimize a flawed process and a rogue government. So sorry for the people of Akwa Ibom and the rest of Nigeria. There are many things to learn from those who have developed their nations and we have got to gain knowledge of how this democracy thing really works.

There is no rogue government

APC lost this election. Hands down. But then according to the rules, they won because Obi, Kwakwaso and Atiku could not agree on who should carry the PDP flag, and they ended up dividing the party, and then there was Wike and his shenanigans with G5.

At the end, elections are won by a united opposition, not a divided one..
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Elistho(m): 5:40am On Mar 19, 2023
galantjoe:
Your type will die getting nothing. Why you don't collect your own money. Since you have seen that everyone is forced to get money. That ypp man you're fighting, will he share his own money with you if he wins.

People should be street wise.

Anyway thank your God for safe journey

I'll not die for nothing, I can't trade my integrity and good conscience for 5K. It's not about being streetwise or whatever you call it... Let us all learn, if most people learn to reject the money, the vote sellers would rest.

After the elections I purposely sat beside the vote buyers, with their discussion, that's when I knew the wicked knows he's wicked, the injustice perpetrator knows what he did.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Elistho(m): 5:42am On Mar 19, 2023
Kobonaire4:

There is no rogue government

APC lost this election. Hands down. But then according to the rules, they won because Obi, Kwakwaso and Atiku could not agree on who should carry the PDP flag, and they ended up dividing the party, and then there was Wike and his shenanigans with G5.

At the end, elections are won by a united opposition, not a divided one..

APC won the election because of disunity, though it was rigged, but in the political system, they stood a great chance of winning... PDP shot itself in the leg.
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by AMI3(m): 5:54am On Mar 19, 2023
OP I fault ur point there for u to tell me that YPP candidate is a good person then u are not in Akwa ibom state. Get ur fact right but in terms ur conscience I salute it I know it is not quite easy out there.
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Taigaban: 5:56am On Mar 19, 2023
The money allegedly shared was public money. If you are not hypocritical, you could have taken the money and vote against them. No one knows who you voted for. The story sounds fictitious, I don't believe you.
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by AMI3(m): 6:02am On Mar 19, 2023
Elistho:

APC won the election because of disunity, though it was rigged, but in the political system, they stood a great chance of winning... PDP shot itself in the leg.

I don't think there could have been anything PDP could have done.
Do u think if ATIKU or Kwankwaso didn't contest that Wike could have allow any other southerner to emerge has PDP flag bearer?

APC knew right from the day one that they have know chance to win the election that is why their game plan was base on rigging whereas some other parties may have not think so.

But if APC survived this I don't think they can survive the next four yrars
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Toktee(m): 6:12am On Mar 19, 2023
Elistho:

Lol. I don't think you know politics as much as I do but let's allow it slide. I did what i did because of my conscience. Don't tell me about the system, I know it, I study it.
Thank you bro, that thing called conscience is what many people lack.

I needed my primary school certificate and original waec result, many of my colleagues we're like why waste money to travel far for what you can get in cafe near you.
Buffalo i attended primary school while cut corners to get fake cert?
My conscience keep asking me many troubling questions. I finally got my results straight from my village even though i spend a lot on due to financial situation in the country yet am fulfilled.
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by yubeebaby: 6:19am On Mar 19, 2023
Thank you for speaking your mind, and sharing the truth.
God will bless you continually.
We most probably will suffer for the next 8 years bcuz whoever will sit there will be a puppet.
But in God we trust that ONE day,the will of the common man shall grow mightier than the love of the lucre.
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by OmonnakOdapig: 6:32am On Mar 19, 2023
Hian
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Tonytonex(m): 6:35am On Mar 19, 2023
Elistho:
In the presidential elections, a few others and I were disenfranchised because of unit problems, I went to the polling unit by 7AM, I waited till 5PM but couldn't vote. INEC arrived by 2:30PM after choas that day, I went home tired and frustrated.

Today, I wasn't in my polling unit, I took risk and traveled from my state capital to my location today. The road was so dry, Military everywhere, no public transport, I almost urinated in my cloths at the sight of armed forces men... I waited and luckily saw a bus, I ran to enter, we took a bush track... We were all scared, it wasn't easy this morning...

I arrived my unit, my neighbor asked me if I'm voting PDP, I was shocked, this is someone we both agreed to vote YPP, because he's a better candidate, she had been bought over with money... She directed me on what to do and who to meet to get my 5k there.

I queued, voted and step aside. The police man was bribed, he gave party agents way to stand and look at the votes cast, if it's PDP, they take you to the backyard, write your name and account number, expect 5k while they give you 1k as initial thank you.

I wasn't too shocked, this was the system... I wanted the money so badly, I was even laughed at... Coupled with my suffering today, plus during the presidentials everyone collected except me... Today, I can't boast of a thousand naira but I stood by grounds for the sake of equity and good conscience.

PDP won the unit, with a wide margin.. I was vexed... I came back home, even posted on my WhatsApp, I'm being laughed at, and I began wondering when doing good turned to a thing of mockery now....

I pray God opens a way for me so I can keep closing my eyes when I see money like this, as a student, 6k is way too much in this economy... But we move. On God.

This is me feeling fulfilled knowing I can criticize this governmet for the next four years with good conscience.

PDP will win in Akwa Ibom State as usual, but it's trash. But I know they're people like me, God bless you.
It's good to stand up for what you believe in. And it's also good to be principled.

However, PDP will always win in AKS. Whether there's vote buying or not.

Politics is done with head/intellect and not with heart/emotions.
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by michael807: 6:50am On Mar 19, 2023
Am a wickedness to the election in Akwa Ibom is just something else am confused about the future of the children in Nigerian. where r we going the rigging is massive, am just scale about the future in this country, Nigeria is in the hand of bad leader that is after they own selfish interest. Why all this leadership by fire by force Aba even the so call Pastors. No state in Nigeria is Safe, these men need power by all means just for they own selfish interest and stomach infostructure. LORD HAVE MERCY ON NIGERIA
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by ShaqFu: 7:26am On Mar 19, 2023
Alright. Now this is about PDP buying vote! Yet nobody will talk about it. Nobody will criticise it. In their double standard, they will ignore it, but if it was APC, all heads will roll and people will start screaming their lungs out! Tinubu will be cursed and also Buhari. Still you have to wonder what will make some Nigerians become blind with hate and anger over something that is base on emotion and not facts.
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by chaloskyx: 7:28am On Mar 19, 2023
hahaha i never supported evil i have always sought for a better Nigeria and i still do but unfortunately i dont see it happening soon
Kobonaire4:

Stop complaining, emigrant. You support the evil that made all the suffering that forced you out possible.

Enjoy what others suffered for. cheesy
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by gentlegenius(m): 7:29am On Mar 19, 2023
Utanisco:
Umo eno
The Happy hour governor of akwa ibom state
grin
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Hotice085: 7:31am On Mar 19, 2023
Elistho:
In the presidential elections, a few others and I were disenfranchised because of unit problems, I went to the polling unit by 7AM, I waited till 5PM but couldn't vote. INEC arrived by 2:30PM after choas that day, I went home tired and frustrated.

Today, I wasn't in my polling unit, I took risk and traveled from my state capital to my location today. The road was so dry, Military everywhere, no public transport, I almost urinated in my cloths at the sight of armed forces men... I waited and luckily saw a bus, I ran to enter, we took a bush track... We were all scared, it wasn't easy this morning...

I arrived my unit, my neighbor asked me if I'm voting PDP, I was shocked, this is someone we both agreed to vote YPP, because he's a better candidate, she had been bought over with money... She directed me on what to do and who to meet to get my 5k there.

I queued, voted and step aside. The police man was bribed, he gave party agents way to stand and look at the votes cast, if it's PDP, they take you to the backyard, write your name and account number, expect 5k while they give you 1k as initial thank you.

I wasn't too shocked, this was the system... I wanted the money so badly, I was even laughed at... Coupled with my suffering today, plus during the presidentials everyone collected except me... Today, I can't boast of a thousand naira but I stood by grounds for the sake of equity and good conscience.

PDP won the unit, with a wide margin.. I was vexed... I came back home, even posted on my WhatsApp, I'm being laughed at, and I began wondering when doing good turned to a thing of mockery now....

I pray God opens a way for me so I can keep closing my eyes when I see money like this, as a student, 6k is way too much in this economy... But we move. On God.

This is me feeling fulfilled knowing I can criticize this governmet for the next four years with good conscience.

PDP will win in Akwa Ibom State as usual, but it's trash. But I know they're people like me, God bless you.

You will never lack

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by ZombieSlayer1: 7:31am On Mar 19, 2023
Meti99:
With all the hatred and incitements coming from the people of south eastern Nigeria over elections in another man's land, I begin to see reasons why IPOB is the 10th TERRORIST organisation in the world...

Fear no who no fear Ibos
You're a full-time bastard.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Nobody: 7:32am On Mar 19, 2023
chaloskyx:
hahaha i never supported evil i have always sought for a better Nigeria and i still do but unfortunately i dont see it happening soon

Then work within the system to change it emigrant, or stop complaining about 'bad leadership.'

The country you are in was once as bad as Nigeria, emigrant. It is because people worked against sometimes very oppresive and imperfect system to change things, that you are enjoying emigrant.

Nigeria is awful, but at least we have gone from one man rule to some semblance of free choice. It is still flawed, but we will get there....and hopefully we will vote out APC in 2027.

Till then, emigrant, the work continues.
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by oladipupo38880: 7:50am On Mar 19, 2023
My vote counted, but we didn't win because others bought votes. They're two different things, get it straight.My vote counted, but we didn't win because others bought votes. They're two different things, get it straight....
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by gentlegenius(m): 7:56am On Mar 19, 2023
Elistho:

Vote buying is a tradition in Akwa Ibom. PDP are the masters of vote buying, that's why the Party is like religion in the state.
Here in Ikot Abasi, I wasn't surprise that they bought votes. What surprised me was that they pay in cash - mint 1000 naira New Notes.
Once they flaunt the money before you, the smell alone will attract you to collect it. When you touch it, you'll know that it comes direct from CBN. Yet people are suffering and crying everyday looking for money to withdraw.
They paid in cash because during presidential election, most of us voted Peter Obi and still collect the 2500 PDP transfered to their members. This time around, they even bribed INEC officials to allow them watch what you vote. I didn't have any other candidate in mind, so I collected their money and vote the HAPPY HOUR governor, even though I don't like the way he was imposed on us by Udom.
This country will never get it right politically because the followers are the major problem, not the leaders. If I manage to leave this God forsaken country, I will NEVER come back.
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by bitbillionaire: 8:09am On Mar 19, 2023
So sad. People voting against their conscience for candidate they don't believe in because of a chicken N5,000 that the politicians will still collect from them later, indirectly with interest. This country still have a long way to go.

Op hold on to your integrity and principles, you will be rewarded for it sooner or later

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Meti99(m): 8:31am On Mar 19, 2023
ZombieSlayer1:

You're a full-time bastard.
By their fruits you will know them...
Are you an IPOB ambassador on nairaland?
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Ray07(m): 8:53am On Mar 19, 2023
dfrost:

Missed on which side? Are you that hungry or ravished by it?

Elistho, well done. Once again well done.
This is why I keep saying Nigerian as a country would never get it right talk more of being great. The country is gone.

If only people understand what their votes means. Martin Luther king had to pay with his life so the blacks could vote in the US today. They knew what it meant to get that right.

Nigerians deserve the fu*k they're going through.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by dfrost: 8:56am On Mar 19, 2023
Ray07:
This is why I keep saying Nigerian as a country would never get it right talk more of being great. The country is gone.

If only people understand what their votes means. Martin Luther king had to pay with his life so the blacks could vote in the US today. They knew what it meant to get that right.

Nigerians deserve the fu*k they're going through.

I tell you sad Imagine the guts.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Collysmith: 9:04am On Mar 19, 2023
Those people sold there future for 1000 because they aren't getting the balance.

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Hunterkent: 9:18am On Mar 19, 2023
eroticecstasy:

Akwa ibomites are so daft to vote that albino, he has nothing to offer. His interview was pure rubbish.

Akwa Ibom state poverty is self imposed.
One can easily tell your one DIRTY BLACK UGLY LOOKING BUFFER, who is envious of the intervention and appraisal pst umo eno receiving.
How far has your swarthy look gotten you.
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Blackdisciple(m): 9:27am On Mar 19, 2023
Mindlog:
For every N5K dem collect, dem go pay interest of N500k through inflated contracts, misappropriation of funds, poor healthcare system, nepotism etc

Even with their bløọ̀d in some cases
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by sparta191(m): 9:41am On Mar 19, 2023
I was offered 1k cash and a further transfer of of 5k to vote for pdp. Decided to be patriotic by rejecting the meagre amount, I voted for YPP and even the inec staff was utterly disappointed.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Elistho(m): 9:43am On Mar 19, 2023
gentlegenius:

Vote buying is a tradition in Akwa Ibom. PDP are the masters of vote buying, that's why the Party is like religion in the state.
Here in Ikot Abasi, I wasn't surprise that they bought votes. What surprised me was that they pay in cash - mint 1000 naira New Notes.
Once they flaunt the money before you, the smell alone will attract you to collect it. When you touch it, you'll know that it comes direct from CBN. Yet people are suffering and crying everyday looking for money to withdraw.
They paid in cash because during presidential election, most of us voted Peter Obi and still collect the 2500 PDP transfered to their members. This time around, they even bribed INEC officials to allow them watch what you vote. I didn't have any other candidate in mind, so I collected their money and vote the HAPPY HOUR governor, even though I don't like the way he was imposed on us by Udom.
This country will never get it right politically because the followers are the major problem, not the leaders. If I manage to leave this God forsaken country, I will NEVER come back.

Imagine, new naira notes. undecided
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Smitaro100(m): 10:29am On Mar 19, 2023
God bless our next governor of akwa ibom state..his excellency, Pst umo eno (Mr happy hour) grin

Haters can wail till eternity.. grin

God bless akwa ibom state.. kiss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos Of Modular Refinery Being Built In Delta State / Senator Ben Murray-Bruce Spotted With Kwankwaso (Photos) / Police Arrest IPOB/ESN Chief, Sunday Ubah Aka Bongo, Recover Stolen Vehicle, IED

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.