Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,205 members, 7,880,757 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:02 AM

Deji Adeyanju Blasts Yorubas For Their Tribalism In Guber And HOA Election - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deji Adeyanju Blasts Yorubas For Their Tribalism In Guber And HOA Election (38076 Views)

Oyo Decides: 2023 Gubernatorial And HOA Election results / Rescheduling Of Governorship & State HOA Elections: INEC Press Release / 2021: Anambra Guber And Maduka's Irresistible Charm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deji Adeyanju Blasts Yorubas For Their Tribalism In Guber And HOA Election by bayelsaowei(m): 11:36am On Mar 19, 2023
Shey we can all see that a lot of folks really love MC oluomo and the stoking of tribalistic sentiments??

It's good to know the Hearts of folks...good one..
Re: Deji Adeyanju Blasts Yorubas For Their Tribalism In Guber And HOA Election by McLizbae: 11:55am On Mar 19, 2023
You prolly don't know the meaning of being calculative. Tinubu waited for the perfect time for all to fall in his favor. If to rig election bin sure for Tinubu, him nor go wait make Buhari go first in 2015&19. No one is clean amongst them. If Obi see who go rig election for am him go refuse am? Obi self nor fit swaer say him never rig election wether for himself or someone else in his political career.

In this last election, the candidates know who and what will work for them. Tinubu knows he will win and Obi know he won't win.

See after the election, Dangote don visit Tinubu, Otedola same, Jack Rich don congratulate am on Twitter before INEC declear am winner, Tinubu himself carry body go Elumelu house to say thank you. These are about 4 out of the 5 richest and economy drivers in Nigeria. If all these are working for you, election will surely go in your favour in ways you yourself may not understand.

It is either you learn something from these facts or continue to abuse everyone in your ignorance.
gimakon:

cheesy Calculative
All the qualities you claim here and you still see him stoop low to rig elections and you deem him calculative?
Why i say i day pity you be say, if them open your eye make you see your ignorance, to comment on any nairaland post , you go get second thoughts. Your low IQ and shallow mentality Thinks igbos have the time to fight you because of Tinubu? We did not vote obasanjo? We did not vote yarádua?

See wetin you day talk, and you be graduate. I Laugh. grin Calculative.... hahahhahahahaha
This made my day!
Re: Deji Adeyanju Blasts Yorubas For Their Tribalism In Guber And HOA Election by Nobody: 12:01pm On Mar 19, 2023
McLizbae:
You prolly don't know the meaning of being calculative. Tinubu waited for the perfect time for all to fall in his favor. If to rig election bin sure for Tinubu, him nor go wait make Buhari go first in 2015&19. No one is clean amongst them. If Obi see who go rig election for am him go refuse am? Obi self nor fit swaer say him never rig election wether for himself or someone else in his political career.

In this last election, the candidates know who and what will work for them. Tinubu knows he will win and Obi know he won't win.

See after the election, Dangote don visit Tinubu, Otedola same, Jack Rich don congratulate am on Twitter before INEC declear am winner, Tinubu himself carry body go Elumelu house to say thank you. These are about 4 out of the 5 richest and economy drivers in Nigeria. If all these are working for you, election will surely go in your favour in ways you yourself may not understand.

It is either you learn something from these facts or continue to abuse everyone in your ignorance.

Take care.
No be me and u go talk this one u day talk.
We now know the problems of Nigeria, i am happy.

1 Like

Re: Deji Adeyanju Blasts Yorubas For Their Tribalism In Guber And HOA Election by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 12:02pm On Mar 19, 2023
This one na bast*rd.
Newsmic:
Nigerian activist, Deji Adeyanju has criticized the Yorubas for being tribalistic in the gubernatorial and house of assembly elections held today, IGBERETV reports.

He wrote on his Twitter handle;

https://twitter.com/adeyanjudeji/status/1637042400685170691?t=hPk9_RlcwDmmwOzAmjvVeQ&s=19
Re: Deji Adeyanju Blasts Yorubas For Their Tribalism In Guber And HOA Election by McLizbae: 12:10pm On Mar 19, 2023
I am happy that you are happy grin. The problems of Nigeria has been the same since amalgamation though. The better we understand the problems the more we avoid falling victim of its circumstances.

Happy Sunday!
gimakon:

Take care.
No be me and u go talk this one u day talk.
We now know the problems of Nigeria, i am happy.
Re: Deji Adeyanju Blasts Yorubas For Their Tribalism In Guber And HOA Election by dominic17: 12:14pm On Mar 19, 2023
Who are the certain people that you saw saying Lagos is no man's land? do they have the mandate to speak for a whole tribe? We it be nice if Bayo rape a woman and police lock you up because he share the same tribe with you we should stop allowing politicians to use our brains for their selfish ambition.
Iamgrey5:
The thing I hate the most in life is hypocrisy.

We saw tugs attack people in other regions especially the southeast but nobody talked about it.

We saw how certain people were saying Lagos is not Yoruba land for the past one month but no one said anything about it.

But when Yorubas do anything in retaliation, they are called Tribal bigots.
Re: Deji Adeyanju Blasts Yorubas For Their Tribalism In Guber And HOA Election by ufotunang: 12:17pm On Mar 19, 2023
Meti99:
I wonder why Ibos are not shouting like this in Kano or Kaduna or any other place in the north?

Or is it only in Lagos election is holding??
Or is it that there are no Labour Party candidates there?
Or there are no ibos living in the north?

Northerners have taught them lessons and they can't try shits with them, they can only try it with the gentle Yoruba people..

Chai, Yoruba don suffer
...the northerners and igbos lives among themselves peacefully...there is no hatred between the northerners and igbos at the north... the igbos vote in the north and the northern do not attack them for voting for labour party at the north..but it's because the yorubas hate igbos that is why the yorubas are attacking igbos in Lagos and the fear that labour party might win the governorhip election
Re: Deji Adeyanju Blasts Yorubas For Their Tribalism In Guber And HOA Election by Asagna1(m): 12:17pm On Mar 19, 2023
NIGERIAisComedy:

Dey play with your own soul.

How many years do you have on this earth? 50? 40? 60?

You laugh at innocent blood spilled. I hope your laugh today is enough to last you an eternity

“You are just in these judgments, O Holy One,
you who are and who were;
6 for they have shed the blood of your holy people and your prophets,
and you have given them blood to drink as they deserve.”

7 And I heard the altar respond:

“Yes, Lord God Almighty,
true and just are your judgments.”

You wrote all this epistle cuz your igbo candidate lost in Lagos. Labour Party has really make our democracy sweet. They insult before election then preach after election. Okoro Leave Anambra dey fight for Lagos
Re: Deji Adeyanju Blasts Yorubas For Their Tribalism In Guber And HOA Election by ebufa: 12:20pm On Mar 19, 2023
Kingspin:
All the governorship candidates in Lagos are Yorubas.
You wonder what is the problem of Yorubas in Lagos.

It has nothing to do with politics.......yorubas are unhappy that rude Igbos have the tenerity to leave their shithole in the southeast and actually find good success in Yorubaland........and to rub shoulders with them in Lagos........Ndigbo have suffered Sha.........but I blame the so called Igbo political elders who have played submissive politics for so long........the audacious young Igbo hustlers have no such restraint...........they have soared above their peers in the business of economic survival.

It is God's doing...Yorubas have pricked a nerve in Ndigbo's collective consciousness.........meetings are already being called.........final communique for these meetings will not be revealed but felt over the next few years.........suffice it is say Igbos will give Yorubas their space ...........BUT Yorubas WILL give us OUR Space too.........

Enough is Enough!!!
Re: Deji Adeyanju Blasts Yorubas For Their Tribalism In Guber And HOA Election by Sleekfingers: 12:24pm On Mar 19, 2023
Newsmic:
Nigerian activist, Deji Adeyanju has criticized the Yorubas for being tribalistic in the gubernatorial and house of assembly elections held today, IGBERETV reports.

He wrote on his Twitter handle;

https://twitter.com/adeyanjudeji/status/1637042400685170691?t=hPk9_RlcwDmmwOzAmjvVeQ&s=19

Na thunder go kill you.

Someone came to my state. Saying it is a no man's land. And you expect me to keep quiet abi? Ogun kill you there....

I have to start dealing with them in Lagos ... violently and spiritually...
Re: Deji Adeyanju Blasts Yorubas For Their Tribalism In Guber And HOA Election by toprealman: 12:36pm On Mar 19, 2023
Too late son too late. Ya all will be consumed!
Re: Deji Adeyanju Blasts Yorubas For Their Tribalism In Guber And HOA Election by Acidosis(m): 12:39pm On Mar 19, 2023
DeOTR:

Bring it on.

In your world, consequence means violence, yeah?
Re: Deji Adeyanju Blasts Yorubas For Their Tribalism In Guber And HOA Election by Meti99(m): 12:42pm On Mar 19, 2023
ufotunang:
...the northerners and igbos lives among themselves peacefully...there is no hatred between the northerners and igbos at the north... the igbos vote in the north and the northern do not attack them for voting for labour party at the north..but it's because the yorubas hate igbos that is why the yorubas are attacking igbos in Lagos and the fear that labour party might win the governorhip election

You don't know history even recent histories of a decade ago,
You don't know how northerners kill ibos in numbers and destroy their businesses...
Kano, Kaduna, Jos, you are an arrogant ignoramus
Re: Deji Adeyanju Blasts Yorubas For Their Tribalism In Guber And HOA Election by smsinnigeria(m): 12:47pm On Mar 19, 2023
BRIMBRAM:
grin This particular Yoruba man knows how to tickle Igbos to laugh when faced by depression. He is a good psychiatrist. He knows exactly what to say to make them happy. Its good. I like him more than Tinubu sef. grin

What's Igbos business with who becomes Governor in Yoruba land. The truth of the matter is that igbos hate APC as party because of deluded leaders the party is electing. Since 2015 till date Igbos have not voted for APC enmas in any election even in 2027 APC is going to have a block vote from igbos period no amount of thuggery that can change it.
Re: Deji Adeyanju Blasts Yorubas For Their Tribalism In Guber And HOA Election by Picardor2: 12:48pm On Mar 19, 2023
StreetFight:
He is suffering from psychiatric disorders, mental imbalance and chronic hallucinations

U just dey talk like pikin
Re: Deji Adeyanju Blasts Yorubas For Their Tribalism In Guber And HOA Election by LegendHero(m): 12:52pm On Mar 19, 2023
ZombieSlayer1:

Do you know my only happiness in this show of shame you call an election? It's that the entire South South tribes have seen the level of bigotry that the yorubas have. You guys don't even know what you've done to yourselves🤣🤣🤣

When has the South South peeps ever been with us?

It’s like you think we don’t know what’s going on.
Re: Deji Adeyanju Blasts Yorubas For Their Tribalism In Guber And HOA Election by ufotunang: 1:02pm On Mar 19, 2023
Meti99:

You don't know history even recent histories of a decade ago,
You don't know how northerners kill ibos in numbers and destroy their businesses...
Kano, Kaduna, Jos, you are an arrogant ignoramus
..that was decades ago and long time ago...I am talking of what is happening now in the north between igbos and the northerners now...they live peacefully among themselves now..no hatred now
Re: Deji Adeyanju Blasts Yorubas For Their Tribalism In Guber And HOA Election by absoluteSuccess: 1:13pm On Mar 19, 2023
GeneralPulal:

Only the misguided and misinformed people would say Bini own Lagos..

When did Bini came into existence?
Who originated them to Bini from Igodomigodo?

Their was nothing like Benin until Oba Eweka was born, Oranmiyan’s son. And before this time, Ilu-Awori has been existing in the olden days egba land..

Whatever you see in Lagos today started from Egba land. Many centuries ago, their used to be a trade fair in egba land. Egba people have always been rich since back in the days. They’re entrepreneurs & business inclined naturally. Everything you see about how kagis is today started from olden days Egba..

Benin empire first invaded ilu-awori in the 1500, but they couldn’t stay to wage war maybe due to the fact that Benin ancestral origin is Ile-Ife and Awori people were directly from Ile-Ife. Some Benin people came back in the 1800 for trading. It was Oba of Ota that was ruling Ilu-Awori then. After his demise, they consulted ifa on whom to become the next oba. Ifa revealed to them that, the first man to reach the trading market on the next market day should be picked. It was a Bini man, among those that came for trading, that reached the trading market first on that particular market day. This was why they made the Bini man king..

Lagos is not just a Yoruba land, it’s a significant Yoruba land as the first ever yoruba to ever lived on the soil are directly from Ile-Ife..

I always smile when I see people that had thought Lagos development started yesterday. The west have always been a trading center right from back in the days. Even, when Nupe people invaded Oyo empire, they won the attack cuz oyo empire was short of army. After a while, oyo empire got their empire back. Some nupe people left, while some stayed..

It has always been a habit that when people visit Yoruba land, they’re usually picking interest on the land because of Yoruba nature and amazing lifestyle..

Bro, you have to do a little more research sir. The first king of Lagos is called Ado. He was the son of Ashipa, who was a king of the Bini. He was invited to Lagos on the request of Aina Elewure and he stayed there to maintain peace and order because the youth has sought occasion against Aina Elewure. In oral history of the Yoruba at Isale Eko, that's the history.

There was no written record of this elsewhere than the memories of the founding ancestors of the Eko, as narrated by John Losi. And, is the memory of the Yoruba founding fathers any way reliable? You can bet. But their information is not accessible without you having deep knowledge of the language and network of facts. Bini has been existing as long as the Yoruba has been existing.

There was no invasion of the Awori by the Bini, there was nothing these people were competing for to warrant them going to war, its just the mood of the 19th century profiling of cultures from Afro-European perspectives with happening when the written record came to fore, just the kind of mood you are presently trying to relay the past the way it suits you most.

There's no Ile Ibinu, the Nupe, the Yoruba, the Bini, and the Hausa and Igbo in extension might have come from common origin in a thousands of years and some of the foggy traditions is echoed to our time. but we are Nigerians now, tribalism and hatred come first before scientific fact. I mean it would not have been an accident that we are neighbors who look alike even to strangers.

Instead, there was an earlier, and much ancient empire that has decayed and its records completely lost to us buried in Nigeria, unfortunately, the descendants of that empire came to be fused by providence again in a country called Nigeria and the hatred borne by their differences blindfold them to their foggy history. thats why the black man is doomed.

The Awori

The Awori were not living in ilu Egba. You can't constrain people to a land to give them a name that comes much later. can I say the Ota were living in Ilu Egba? Meaning they do not have a name until Egba emerged and came up with a name and then we could have idea where and who the awori's were because the Egba appeared.

And the Egba came to their present location sometimes after the fall of Oyo empire in 1839 or so. These were the people that actually fought wars in record time, namely the Awori and the Egba. So, the Egba is not the overlord of the Awori, rather they were the last comers in the fringes of an expanding Yoruba from the hinterland towards the southwest.

The Bini in Yoruba history does not necessarily have to come from Edo state in Nigeria, Bini is like say, a father house, a tribe or clans spread in and around Yorubaland that you have in majority at Bini, just like you have Bariba in Yoruba who have their majority in Borgu. Yoruba is made of tradesmen, bloodlines, emigrants and heroes whose descendants became tribes.

The Yoruba is as ancient as the Berbars and we may not see the link until we start to dust the word "Ibariba", "beriberi" etc. meaning, our history is hidden from us in plain sight because the historical words are not the same as what we read in history and so we miss the connection. Then we kept inventing different traditions as placeholders.

Let me say the word Maroko is a transformation of Morocco, somebody must have been in the two places to call the same place the same name. But can the descendant of that person tell you how that come to be? the answer is no. but what if the word were from the same source? This explains the reason the Yoruba did not have a word for the meaning of the name Yoruba.

It is one of the enigma that the Yoruba has failed to solve, just like the Yoruba history itself.

I pray we get there,
Re: Deji Adeyanju Blasts Yorubas For Their Tribalism In Guber And HOA Election by GeneralPulal: 1:22pm On Mar 19, 2023
absoluteSuccess:

Bro, you have to do a little more research sir. The first king of Lagos is called Ado. He was the son of Ashipa, who was a king of the Bini. He was invited to Lagos on the request of Aina Elewure and he stayed there to maintain peace and order because the youth has sought occasion against Aina Elewure. In oral history of the Yoruba at Isale Eko, that's the history.

There was no written record of this elsewhere than the memories of the founding ancestors of the Eko, as narrated by John Losi. And, is the memory of the Yoruba founding fathers any way reliable? You can bet. But their information is not accessible without you having deep knowledge of the language and network of facts. Bini has been existing as long as the Yoruba has been existing.

There was no invasion of the Awori by the Bini, there was nothing these people were competing for to warrant them going to war, its just the mood of the 19th century profiling of cultures from Afro-European perspectives with happening when the written record came to fore, just the kind of mood you are presently trying to relay the past the way it suits you most.

There's no Ile Ibinu, the Nupe, the Yoruba, the Bini, and the Hausa and Igbo in extension might have come from common origin in a thousands of years and some of the foggy traditions is echoed to our time. but we are Nigerians now, tribalism and hatred come first before scientific fact. I mean it would not have been an accident that we are neighbors who look alike even to strangers.

Instead, there was an earlier, and much ancient empire that has decayed and its records completely lost to us buried in Nigeria, unfortunately, the descendants of that empire came to be fused by providence again in a country called Nigeria and the hatred borne by their differences blindfold them to their foggy history. thats why the black man is doomed.

The Awori

The Awori were not living in ilu Egba. You can't constrain people to a land to give them a name that comes much later. can I say the Ota were living in Ilu Egba? Meaning they do not have a name until Egba emerged and came up with a name and then we could have idea where and who the awori's were because the Egba appeared.

And the Egba came to their present location sometimes after the fall of Oyo empire in 1839 or so. These were the people that actually fought wars in record time, namely the Awori and the Egba. So, the Egba is not the overlord of the Awori, rather they were the last comers in the fringes of an expanding Yoruba from the hinterland towards the southwest.

The Bini in Yoruba history does not necessarily have to come from Edo state in Nigeria, Bini is like say, a father house, a tribe or clans spread in and around Yorubaland that you have in majority at Bini, just like you have Bariba in Yoruba who have their majority in Borgu. Yoruba is made of tradesmen, bloodlines, emigrants and heroes whose descendants became tribes.

The Yoruba is as ancient as the Berbars and we may not see the link until we start to dust the word "Ibariba", "beriberi" etc. meaning, our history is hidden from us in plain sight because the historical words are not the same as what we read in history and so we miss the connection. Then we kept inventing different traditions as placeholders.

Let me say the word Maroko is a transformation of Morocco, somebody must have been in the two places to call the same place the same name. But can the descendant of that person tell you how that come to be? the answer is no. but what if the word were from the same source? This explains the reason the Yoruba did not have a word for the meaning of the name Yoruba.

It is one of the enigma that the Yoruba has failed to solve, just like the Yoruba history itself.

I pray we get there,
I’m really busy now to type but as for the Oba Ado, he was a 2nd king, not first..

Their was a king in Lagos before Ado..

Re: Deji Adeyanju Blasts Yorubas For Their Tribalism In Guber And HOA Election by hardbody: 1:23pm On Mar 19, 2023
StreetFight:
He is suffering from psychiatric disorders, mental imbalance and chronic hallucinations

His mother is Igbo
Re: Deji Adeyanju Blasts Yorubas For Their Tribalism In Guber And HOA Election by DOM7: 1:32pm On Mar 19, 2023
TRUTH! You can't allow Tinubu that is not a lagosian to control the political affairs of Lagos and yet see Igbos as total strangers in Lagos with their huge investment. Tribalism!
Re: Deji Adeyanju Blasts Yorubas For Their Tribalism In Guber And HOA Election by absoluteSuccess: 1:34pm On Mar 19, 2023
gimakon:

What did we say you are?

People who kept you indoors against your wish, whom you love to call cowards.
In that scenario, what do you call yourselves?

Man is born free but everywhere in chains, one think himself the master but he's the slave of all.

Morals: See people as your equals.
Re: Deji Adeyanju Blasts Yorubas For Their Tribalism In Guber And HOA Election by absoluteSuccess: 1:35pm On Mar 19, 2023
GeneralPulal:

I’m really busy now to type but as for the Oba Ado, he was a 2nd king, not first..

Their was a king in Lagos before Ado..

It is the same story we are narrating, yours is a new version of it and the latest.
Re: Deji Adeyanju Blasts Yorubas For Their Tribalism In Guber And HOA Election by Encyclopedia1: 1:38pm On Mar 19, 2023
He even looks like an Igbo ma. Are u sure his real name is Deji abi Ikeji
Re: Deji Adeyanju Blasts Yorubas For Their Tribalism In Guber And HOA Election by amuwo1980: 1:49pm On Mar 19, 2023
The chief tribalism himself trying to appear smart
Re: Deji Adeyanju Blasts Yorubas For Their Tribalism In Guber And HOA Election by Nobody: 1:53pm On Mar 19, 2023
absoluteSuccess:

People who kept you indoors against your wish, whom you love to call cowards.
In that scenario, what do you call yourselves?

Man is born free but everywhere in chains, one think himself the master but he's the slave of all.

Morals: See people as your equals.

And all the aforementioned, you attribute them to who exactly? The igbos?
Re: Deji Adeyanju Blasts Yorubas For Their Tribalism In Guber And HOA Election by absoluteSuccess: 1:57pm On Mar 19, 2023
gimakon:

And all the aforementioned, you attribute them to who exactly? The igbos?

The Igbos are blameless. Attribute your attributions in peace bro.

I'm through with you sir.
Re: Deji Adeyanju Blasts Yorubas For Their Tribalism In Guber And HOA Election by ThynerBrown: 1:59pm On Mar 19, 2023
riverbird:

If the igbos don't want to learn the easy way them am afraid they have to learn the hard way but the good thing is that at the end they will surely learn.
If you out all igbo investment that is in Lagos together it is more than enough to develop Thier region, am not saying Thier region is underdeveloped but common there are some risks you don't take no matter how safe it looks, how can I invest 50 billion in another man's place?

You are being beclouded by jealousy and hate. Igbos are not your problem but keep shouting and know this and know peace cos you can't stop them and the more you try the more you make them influential and mighty. But just know that Karma is a bitch and will surely come for you too soon. But until then enjoy your wickedness
Re: Deji Adeyanju Blasts Yorubas For Their Tribalism In Guber And HOA Election by Nobody: 2:15pm On Mar 19, 2023
absoluteSuccess:

The Igbos are blameless. Attribute your attributions in peace bro.

I'm through with you sir.

grin

I laugh. I will not talk to you. For your mind you think Igbos have time for your lots.
I Laugh in Pinyin.
Re: Deji Adeyanju Blasts Yorubas For Their Tribalism In Guber And HOA Election by Meti99(m): 2:46pm On Mar 19, 2023
ufotunang:
..that was decades ago and long time ago...I am talking of what is happening now in the north between igbos and the northerners now...they live peacefully among themselves now..no hatred now
That temporary peace you see today between ibo and Hausa people was forced down the throats of ibo people...
But time will tell
Re: Deji Adeyanju Blasts Yorubas For Their Tribalism In Guber And HOA Election by coolplanet: 3:54pm On Mar 19, 2023
BRIMBRAM:
grin This particular Yoruba man knows how to tickle Igbos to laugh when faced by depression. He is a good psychiatrist. He knows exactly what to say to make them happy. Its good. I like him more than Tinubu sef. grin

He made sense. Am also a Yoruba man. Let's avoid violence at all cost and live in one accord.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Rabiu Kwankwaso Visits Atiku Abubakar (Photos) / Ebikabowei Victor-Ben 'Boyloaf' Graduates With First Class Degree (Photos) / Colorful pictures as Tinubu lands In Ilorin (PIC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.