Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,468 members, 7,891,947 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 11:06 PM

Thanks - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Thanks (789 Views)

"My 2-Year-Old Son Killed This Black Snake" - Mum Says, Thanks God / Shanawole, 11-Year-Old Ex-Cultist Now A Pastor, Thanks To Pastor Tony Rapu / Leke Adeboye Thanks Daddy Freeze Over Increase In RCCG Tithes (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thanks by Kobojunkie: 5:00pm On Mar 19, 2023
joshuapharm:
■ So in your submission, everyone that hasn't heard of Jesus Christ is going to hell? All the best.
1. You are not even paying attention at all, are you? Religion tends to do that to a lot of you. It is the blindness that Jesus Christ talked about. undecided
Re: Thanks by Jonwesley(m): 10:00pm On Mar 19, 2023
MrMxyptlk:
Truth is Christianity will always be tyrannical to me. Cause, it's not about being a good person, its the fact that, even while being good(or tryna be), you can't make the pearly gates unless you belief in a particular existence of which sadly, there's no solid proof.

Basically, christianity says, you've never hurt anyone but you dont believe Jesus is the way so you'll still suffer, but he's killed lots, sent lots to hell, put families in depressive states but he makes heaven cause he says "God, forgive me".

The concept of inherited sin(Adam's sin sucks more). Let's simplify this(Christians reading this are already saying you can't simplify the things of God, but oh well, I'll proceed eitherways). I'll use my life as an example, My mom is a teacher. When I was in grade 2, my class teacher then had a daughter who was in Grade 5. My mom was her daughter's Math teacher and she was mad at my mom cause my mom refused to alter her daughter's grades to make them much better. She, in her annoyance took it out on me and my grades. On first listen and even subsequent listen, everyone will say "Na, that was wrong". But that exactly is what God is doing to us all. I never "chose" to eat any forbidden fruit but here I am, suffering from someone else's decision to sin.

Again, Christians say their God is omniscient. "He knew us and all about us before we were formed in our mother's womb". That I'll like to expand further to say, he knew how we'll end our lives too. Then why create someone being 100% certain that he/she would end up in hell? And if he doesn't know how we'll end up, is he really Omniscient?

If my child steals a piece of meat from the pot and I decide to kill that child, y'all will definitely say "Fam, that's an overkill". But I live in sin(probably not even harming others, just ignorant about christ), then I die and burn "FOREVER". Honestly, that's unfair.

"Jacob I loved, Esau I hate"
"All are called, few are CHOSEN"
"I'll have mercy on whom I chose to have mercy on"
This is someone who loves us all equally?

So what do you expect people to tell you? With a poor and wrongly written analysis from a parochial mindset, to hoodwink newly born again or the yet to be fully grounded children of God into perdition? Your depression is supposed to be your problem but rather than looking for a solution, you rather wanted to conscript or harvest more souls to damnation.
Who told you that your understanding of the scripture was okay and right to justify your ill thoughts and incoherent conclusions. Spiritual things doesn't make sense in the energy of the flesh. What mighty men of God had held onto for a long time ago and donkey years, is what you just rubbished by mere conjectures of your shallow mind. It's better you retrace your steps or please die alone and wait for the hell fire that appears like attracting you. Didn't Joseph carry the lineage of the blessings of Abraham? What was his error to suffer the horror of what befell him by his own brothers who sold him to slavery for the hatred the brothers had for him. In Pharaoh's house, he suffered, and was in jail for about 7 years and etc and etc, you know the story. But didn't he come out of all these by the time his word came?, and went on to fulfill what was said or his dreams and destiny? Keep wallowing in the mire, since you have chosen that for yourself. Good luck to you.
Re: Thanks by paxonel(m): 10:08pm On Mar 19, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Every reasonable person knows that that was not the time to fight, for The Lord was not fighting then.

But as Revelation shows, He is coming with His Own Sword and the time to fight has started.

Obviously the hymn "Onward Christian Soldiers" is a joke.

And as I said yet you refuse to take any devil to your house to give them meat and drink and bed, therefore you are an hypocrite.
who is then a devil?
Re: Thanks by Dtruthspeaker: 12:45pm On Mar 20, 2023
paxonel:
who is then a devil?

Do you not know how to spot one? Is John 10:10 missing in your Bible?
Re: Thanks by Dtruthspeaker: 1:07pm On Mar 20, 2023
Deo1986:
How would you know who God hates? undecided

By their fruits ye shall know them. And if this is not clear enough then Romans 1:21-32 should be clear enough.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Is Always God When His People Need Him. A Case Study Of Junior Pope. / I Have Got The New Mtn Code For Making Calls Free To All Network / Invisibility

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.