Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,158 members, 7,890,920 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:12 AM

Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? (37384 Views)

Nigeria's 5 Most Controversial Governors / The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently / Nlanders List Your 5. Top Nigerian Criminals Of Your Choice + Reasons. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by maximunimpact(m): 9:55pm On Jul 21, 2013
1. Bill Gates
2. Calous Tevez
3. Barack Obama
4. Osaze Odewinge
5. Alex Ferguson

These Nigerians are simply great!
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by beautychoco(f): 9:58pm On Jul 21, 2013
1) My Mum
2) My Dad (the best father in d world) may his gentle soul rest in perfect peace.
3) My teachers, who taught me how to fish.
4) My husband to be( may God bless him)
5) Myself and all members of my family.
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 21, 2013
maximunimpact: 1. Bill Gates
2. Calous Tevez
3. Barack Obama
4. Osaze Odewinge
5. Alex Ferguson

eeeyyaa..i understand. attention seeker. it is well with u,claim it before its too late
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by MASAKAR(m): 10:02pm On Jul 21, 2013
Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu for his poitical will to lIbrates 5 states from PDP.

Mr BaBatunde Fowler for engaging a lot of graduates and contributing positively to d revenue of lagos state.

Mr Babatunde Raji Fashola SAN for spending tax payers money judiciously.

Mr Rotimi Amechi for not been intimidated despite d pressure frm d presidency.

Alhaji Abass Adeniyi Obesere despite is moral music the humble bloke has the best family as a fuji musician.
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by Chigorkizz(m): 10:03pm On Jul 21, 2013
Abacha,Anini,sergeant rogers,ALamesieyegha,faruk lawan,Almustapha.
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by juman(m): 10:07pm On Jul 21, 2013
Danmasani: Obasanjo
Babangida
Anenih
Abacha
Lamidi Adedibu
grin grin grin

I clap for you just like you read my mind.

Useless people.

grin grin
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by kel4soft: 10:07pm On Jul 21, 2013
redsun: Most of the greatest icons of nigeria are yorubas.The Kutis,The Ganis,The Solarins,and ofcourse Wole who at the moment is a little bit controvercial in ways that kind of makes one wonder what is going on.

Amaechi is probably a morally depleted sea dog,hence Soyinka's interest.No same person should take side with any front line nigerian politician at the moment.

You sound very triabalistic. What about Zik?
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by kalohkaloh: 10:09pm On Jul 21, 2013
The mai-suya near my house
The mai-taba in front of my office
The mai-ruwa in my area in Wuse two, abuja
The mai-kasuwa in Karmo market, abuja
The mai-gida of under aged child girl in the Nigerian Senate
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by mediachirps(m): 10:10pm On Jul 21, 2013
based on achievement or monetary values or what?
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by waja(m): 10:11pm On Jul 21, 2013
Blatant: Anini
Babangida
Oyenusi
Abacha
Clifford Orji
. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. You have made me laugh like a made man. Chai! What of Faruk Lawal?
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by usmandj: 10:13pm On Jul 21, 2013
Banderas:

Denex, learn your history. Learn it properly.

1) Uthman enslaved more Nigerians than the british did. They were "mailed" over to Arabia. And islamic rule can NEVER be democratic.
2) Zik cut a deal with the british to "unite" with the north. It was a british vision, not a Zik-ish one.
3) Aminu Kano hardly even knew what he was doing. He was a puppet in the arms of his masters.

The other two I'll possibly agree with,

Mr Banderas u seems to b illiterate (or beta say uneducated). I cant comprehend d phrase "Did Mr. Banderas pass his Civic education or Social studies?" O now I get He failed. His teachers den happen to b so corrupt to let him pass. Or "He is trying to make a beautiful comment?". O o now I get he is one those liars who causes crisis, choas and religious war, making innocent life to b lost, while hiding at his moda back. Pls Bro. b truthful while making comment, Cus dere are som people more knowledge than U. O o I am sorry Mr Banderas u neva go skul b4 ko? Oh I mean it is den I can help to improve ur cogniture structure.
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by Gistben: 10:16pm On Jul 21, 2013
my mum
my most elder brother, uncle dee
Dr. ubi Isaac
2face
me
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by Gistben: 10:17pm On Jul 21, 2013
my mum
my most elder brother, uncle dee
Dr. ubi Isaac
2face
me
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by waja(m): 10:19pm On Jul 21, 2013
(1) Fela Kuti (2) Gani Fawenmi (3) Jokolo (4) yar'Adua (5) Ojokwu.
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by okechukwu2013: 10:21pm On Jul 21, 2013
They are my parents, my wife and my two boys!= 5 people you mentioned abi?
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by victorv12(m): 10:22pm On Jul 21, 2013
Gani Fawehinmi and Fele Anikulapo Kuti.
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by dbucas: 10:25pm On Jul 21, 2013
Rev Fr mbaka
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by sambrow(m): 10:28pm On Jul 21, 2013
Danmasani: Obasanjo
Babangida
Anenih
Abacha
Lamidi Adedibu
grin grin grin

U must b funny
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by waja(m): 10:30pm On Jul 21, 2013
JustGood: 1. My wife
2. My dad
3. My mum
4. My pastor
5. Me
. If asked to mention 4, you wouldn't have been there.
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by Blazinraj01(f): 10:33pm On Jul 21, 2013
1. Professor Tesleem Iyiola Raji (My Late Father) - A selfless and humble leader
2. My Mother
3. Alhaji Aliko Dangote
4. Arunma Oteh
5. Me
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by usmandj: 10:35pm On Jul 21, 2013
I-man:
@Denex a.k.a Abd al Arab

When will you stop defending your Arab slave masters.Being a Muslim doesn't mean you must defend them

Mr I-man u people neva seize to amaze me wit ur hatred towards Muslims. Ur hatred can neva obstruct d truth instead it will continue bring people to d truth (Islam). So, continue wit ur treachery. The prophecy is Islam will prevail, even wen u the enemies of Islam dnt like it. Thus, I advice u to come and join d boat.
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by Pukkah: 10:35pm On Jul 21, 2013
ShyM-X:
I see a lot of people posting: Gamaliel Onosode.

Who's he/she? Can anyone give me his unauthorised autobiography?

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/gamaliel-onosode-at-80/

•In celebration of Mr. Straight and Fastidious

He is acclaimed to be straight and that can be taken to mean both literally and metaphorically. This is because for most of his 80 years which he turned May 22, he has managed to keep a physique that is lean, trim and ramrod upright. Gamaliel Oforitsenere Onosode is also acclaimed to be a highly disciplined man and one may need no other proof than the fact that he seems incapable of growing a tummy, not even an onion-sized one, the way ‘big men’ of his age and clime are wont. In fact, his ways are so decidedly his, so defined that you could never mistake G.O. Onosode for someone else. Even his voice too – high-pitched, clear, authoritative and seeming to be always loud – is a testimony to this enigma.

Onosode is the kind of man who defines his era, but that has to be in a different civilisation. For here in his place of birth he excelled all right, but his dour environment only encrypted him like an incubus which allowed an occasional peek of sunshine. In all his marvelous efforts and glorious achievements, Onosode remains that breath never exhaled; he is a tree that could have been an Iroko and perhaps the great political leader who never found a party.

He studied Classics at the University College, (now University of Ibadan) on multiple scholarships (State Scholar and University Scholar, 1954-1957) for he was extremely brilliant and top of his class. As attestation to the quality of his mind, he won the Department and Faculty Prize; he was elected Cambridge University Jebb Scholar (1957). Onosode however, did not end up in the academia as was to be expected; he played in the boardrooms instead, earning the uncommon status of perhaps heading the most number of boards in Nigeria today.

He also chaired panels, boards, councils, commissions and committees in both public and private sectors. The list is quite long: Cadbury Nigeria Plc, Nigerian Institute of Management, Federal Military Government Projects Review Committee, Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas Limited, CFAO Nigeria Limited, Nigeria Stockbrokers Limited, Crusader Insurance Company (Nigeria)Limited, Dunlop Nigeria Plc, Niger Delta Environmental Survey, Global Missions Board, Nigeria Baptist Convention. There may be over 50 more if we add directorship and trusteeship of all sorts of businesses, bodies and groups.

In a country bereft of good people and leaders of character, Onosode would earn his place anywhere on the globe as a man of conscience and shining integrity. Why do you think he is so much sought after to be at the helm, not just because he is brilliant; he is simply a gem, a rarity in a famished land where honest and decent men are few and far between. He must be a classic example that honesty meshed with brilliance, rigour and industry will never fail.

From 1960 up until the early 1990s, Onosode was the authority to be referred to in merchant banking, stock broking, development economy and even manufacturing. By the time he was 30 years, he was already Secretary, Nigeria Idustrial Development Bank (NIDB) which was known then as Investment Company of Nigeria and at 40, he was chairman and chief executive officer, NAL Merchant Bank.

It is difficult to hold anything against Mr. G.O. Onosode except that he was too straight, too strict and perhaps colourless. You are not likely to catch him in a big Owanbe party and he once said in an interview that he was not one to go to the stadium on a Saturday afternoon to watch a football match. He is also too down to earth to deserve a seat in the pantheon of Nigeria’s big men. Unimaginably, he chose to live in the Surulere suburb of Lagos State; a part of town not good enough for his senior managers when he was at the height of his corporate glory. He still lives there till today. He could have owned half of Ikoyi and Victoria Island if he was a wee bit covetous. We salute Mr. (yes, he is simply Mr.) Onosode as he turns 80 years. Shall we just say that he is a rare gift that Nigeria never really accepted or fully utilised.
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by AbuMikey(m): 10:45pm On Jul 21, 2013
1.My Father.
2.My Mother.
3. Prof. Ambrose Alli -Former Governor of old Bendel State
4.My Geography teacher while at secondary school

And lastly,
5)Anyone who respects respect.
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by AbuMikey(m): 10:47pm On Jul 21, 2013
maximunimpact: 1. Bill Gates
2. Calous Tevez
3. Barack Obama
4. Osaze Odewinge
5. Alex Ferguson

They said Nigerians e oo! They didn't say whitety People e oo!
Too much of Gbegiri is your problem e o!
And most importantly,your IQ is just 1-digit! cheesy
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by 46arcadez(m): 10:52pm On Jul 21, 2013
Dame patience jonathan
ALUU Chief
Mustapha
Bervely (BBA The chase)
Yarima
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by 46arcadez(m): 10:55pm On Jul 21, 2013
Akpors
Akpors
Akpors
Akpors
Musa
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jul 21, 2013
denex: Banderas

You see the kind of thinking we have here?
"Islamic rule can NEVER be democratic".
You forget that any rule which the majority endorse is democratic.

I'm reading a news piece right now in which an Arabic school in Brooklyn New York, the USA is being clamped down on. So can Christian rule EVER be democratic?

And you will not be able to open your mouth and say anybody enslaved more Nigerians than the British by the time you realise that close to 30% slave cargo of the British perished en route. Then about quarter of the rest were killed in slave farms during "breaking".

The Northern Nigerians had a written history for centuries. If Uthman had enslaved 15 million slaves, it would have been recorded somewhere.

Or at least even in oral tradition.

If you compare the population of slave descendants in Arabia to those in the Americas, you will realise the fallacy in your claim.

President Azikiwe struck a deal to unite Nigeria. Ehen? Are you trying to pass that off as a bad thing? If "Zik" had his way, he'd strike a deal to unite the whole of Africa!

Please tell me, are you saying that Mallam Aminu Kano's "masters" ordered him to sell all his belongings and live the rest of his life in penury trying to educate the talakawa and almajirai? Let me make it clear that I'm not one of those people that you will come and sell mystical stories about Northern Nigeria because I was born there and I lived the first half of my life there.

So how come Pat Utomi, Jaja of Opobo and Nana of Itsekiri have done no wrong.

Why don't you remind me that Pat Utomi made Volkswagen collapse, Jaja was a rude slave and Nana was a monopolist.

I use God beg you, these are my own chosen. The topic did not say "who are THE most respected, " it asked for personal opinion and I gave mine. So TEACHER, DON'T TEACH ME NONSENSE!!!
stop wasting you time trying to explain...its not worth it. u've made your point. very nice list i must say. God Bless.
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by IykeNipoga(m): 10:56pm On Jul 21, 2013
Masef
Ma Mum
Ma Dad
Ma Broda
Ma Sista
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by Idongesit619(m): 10:57pm On Jul 21, 2013
*My sweet parent
*My teachers.
*Hon.Olusegun Obasanjo
*Mr.Aliko Dangote
*Mr.Ernest Udom.
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 21, 2013
Prof Wole Soyinka
Prof Pat Utomi
2face Idibia
Dr. D. K. Olukoya
Alhaji Aliko Dangote/Mr. Adams Oshiomole

1 Like

Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by Supa6ix(m): 11:06pm On Jul 21, 2013
Ojukwu
Dangote
Pastor E.A Adeboye
H.Marculey
My Dad
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by premlove(m): 11:21pm On Jul 21, 2013
So no body like GEJ for renovating our rail way, bringing down boko haram making our refinary to be functioning again remoldening our air port we are all un grateful people GEJ u are the best president

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Rivers Killings: We’ll Not Forgive Nor Forget, Says Buhari / Before They Mislead President Buhari: Dele Momodu / Celebration Of Wike's Reelection: Live From Government House Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.