Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,905 members, 7,889,995 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 06:56 AM

INEC Declares Bassey Otu Winner Of Cross River Governorship Election - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Declares Bassey Otu Winner Of Cross River Governorship Election (65561 Views)

Eyoanwan Bassey Otu Pays Hospital Bills Of Electrocuted Traders In Calabar / PDP Congratulates Wike As The Winner "River Governorship Elections" / INEC Declares Ayade Winner Of Cross River Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Declares Bassey Otu Winner Of Cross River Governorship Election by olisefom: 6:21pm On Mar 20, 2023
Samueltemi337:
APC still winning election in this country
and people will still complain of hardship
who dey vote them?

My thoughts exactly. But do they care?
Re: INEC Declares Bassey Otu Winner Of Cross River Governorship Election by Smart2023(m): 6:27pm On Mar 20, 2023
Samueltemi337:
who dey vote them?
I wonder ooh
Re: INEC Declares Bassey Otu Winner Of Cross River Governorship Election by Shantyken(m): 6:29pm On Mar 20, 2023
Pickmycall:
When election results that ought to take 24hrs to declare the winner is taking 2 to 3 days,it is a pointer that rigging is taking place.
They will say'Go to court"They will still go behind the scenes to bribe the tribunal to favour them.
Jus like US elections
Re: INEC Declares Bassey Otu Winner Of Cross River Governorship Election by Ubdavis(m): 6:36pm On Mar 20, 2023
TOYNEX:
APC wins even cross river grin
This 2023 election is very interesting.

It's not about the Party. Its the personality. The guy is widely loved..
Re: INEC Declares Bassey Otu Winner Of Cross River Governorship Election by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 20, 2023
Penguin2:

Like Buddha3 has told you above…

You need to understand that APC’s victory in Ebonyi and Cross River does not portray likeness for the party but due to some local dynamics.

In Cross River, it was the turn of the South and PDP foolishly gave their ticket to somebody from the Central in total disregard to that gentleman agreement.

It was same story in Ebonyi. It’s the turn of Ebonyi North to produce the governor and only APC gave their ticket to somebody from Ebonyi North.

APGA gave it to somebody from the central. While PDP was even more foolish by giving their ticket to somebody from Umahi’s village.

So, Ebonyi people had no choice than to respect that zoning arrangement by voting for the APC candidate.

Do you know that even Anyim Pius Anyim had to put his political differences with Umahi aside to endorse Nwifuru even though he’s like the leader of PDP in Ebonyi right now?

That’s how they won, so don’t gloat about it.

Let me even spice up your evening the more:

Sandy Onor is from Ikom LGA in the central. I am from Yakurr LGA in the same central. But I vigorously campaigned for Prince Otu in Cross River, though I don't currently reside in my home State. And from the results, Prince Otu convincingly won in my Local Government.

See, political enlightenment doesn't correlate with party allegiance in my State. We consciously study and understand candidates, then sensitize our people on the need(s) to cast their votes for the right leaders. Ben Ayade has been the only electoral mistake we have had in over 3 decades, and he was imposed by the Governor before him, Liyel Imoke, owing to monetary arrangements between them.

Right from Clement Ebri, to Donald Duke, to Liyel Imoke himself, we have always picked our Governors with a sound measure of awareness and devoid of party or crowd sentiments.

Outside the fact that Sandy's emergence defied long standing agreements, he lacks the capacity to deliver a decent leadership when put side by side with Prince Bassey Otu. So even as brothers, we campaigned and voted against Sandy. We completely ignored the party he belongs to.

I love my State. We don't do blind politics. We voted for Peter Obi in the Presidential elections because we believe in his capacity to deliver, despite the fact the government in power is APC. Now we have gone ahead to elect Bassey Otu for the Governorship against Sandy who is coming from the traditional PDP platform that the State has been used to. So this has nothing to do with any of the parties. The people spoke and INEC listened! You cannot rig elections in Cross River. Yakurr in Cross River is the only Nigerian LGA that successfully dismantled and dislodged an Army barrack over the unbearable antics of military personnel, years ago (I stand corrected).

2 Likes

Re: INEC Declares Bassey Otu Winner Of Cross River Governorship Election by chibrolex(m): 6:39pm On Mar 20, 2023
Prof.Ayede na man you bi....congrats to the Gov.elect of Cross Rivers,he should also know that for whom much is given,much is been affected from him.
Re: INEC Declares Bassey Otu Winner Of Cross River Governorship Election by Anatakuebira: 6:51pm On Mar 20, 2023
pocohantas:
Cross River people I know are happy with his win. So congrats to him.

Before some ediots start to quote me. Bear in mind that all of these people supported Obi/Atiku for presidency. Except you are voting for a party and not the individual, get a grip of yourself.
God bless you, my sister. They all think it's all about the party, forgetting the individual matters the most.
Re: INEC Declares Bassey Otu Winner Of Cross River Governorship Election by Ogaonos: 7:10pm On Mar 20, 2023
meum:
How Cross River people take like APC dey surprise me😂
u nt in region dt why? niger delta region gave pdp second chance in 2015.dt what did we get in return terrible governors who didnt perform at all.nd secondly pple are voting personality nt parties
Re: INEC Declares Bassey Otu Winner Of Cross River Governorship Election by Penguin2: 7:18pm On Mar 20, 2023
Buddha3:

Let me even spice up your evening the more:

Sandy Onor is from Ikom LGA in the central. I am from Yakurr LGA in the same central. But I vigorously campaigned for Prince Otu in Cross River, though I don't currently reside in my home State. And from the results, Prince Otu convincingly won in my Local Government.

See, political enlightenment doesn't correlate with party allegiance in my State. We consciously study and understand candidates, then sensitize our people on the need(s) to cast their votes for the right leaders. Ben Ayade has been the only electoral mistake we have had in over 3 decades, and he was imposed by the Governor before him, Liyel Imoke, owing to monetary arrangements between them.

Right from Clement Ebri, to Donald Duke, to Liyel Imoke himself, we have always picked our Governors with a sound measure of awareness and devoid of party or crowd sentiments.

Outside the fact that Sandy's emergence defied long standing agreements, he lacks the capacity to deliver a decent leadership when put side by side with Prince Bassey Otu. So even as brothers, we campaigned and voted against Sandy. We completely ignored the party he belongs to.

I love my State. We don't do blind politics. We voted for Peter Obi in the Presidential elections because we believe in his capacity to deliver, despite the fact the government in power is APC. Now we have gone ahead to elect Bassey Otu for the Governorship against Sandy who is coming from the traditional PDP platform that the State has been used to. So this has nothing to do with any of the parties. The people spoke and INEC listened! You cannot rig elections in Cross River. Yakurr in Cross River is the only Nigerian LGA that successfully dismantled and dislodged an Army barrack over the unbearable antics of military personnel, years ago (I stand corrected).
Wow! I give it up for Yakurr people if they truly did that.

Meanwhile, I found out before the election that Cross River people like Bassey Otu so I expected his victory.

1 Like

Re: INEC Declares Bassey Otu Winner Of Cross River Governorship Election by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:19pm On Mar 20, 2023
meum:
this is Loca politics... In CRS power is rotated normally and it's d turn of Cross river South... PDP allowed cross River central get ticket so I guess pple just decided to allow otu win to maintain fairness...
Re: INEC Declares Bassey Otu Winner Of Cross River Governorship Election by Lithiumite: 7:25pm On Mar 20, 2023
MrPaul2:

I see wike and makinde pulling out of PDP soon.

Makinde could still remain in PDP in a kind of quasi alliance with the centre and for the interest of SW......as for wike,he is going to be left with no choice as he as totally destroyed the bridge with PDP and any form of reconciliation isnt very likely and if it happens will be half hearted at best.

Wike needs protection and it's tinubu that can give him that right now and there is definitely space for him in APC as amaechi is out the door already.

1 Like

Re: INEC Declares Bassey Otu Winner Of Cross River Governorship Election by Fortruth: 7:26pm On Mar 20, 2023
mespusinglez:
APC EVERYWHERE

they postponed the elections to fine tune the rigging.

HOW CAN APC win in CROSS RIVER LOL

What a joke
Re: INEC Declares Bassey Otu Winner Of Cross River Governorship Election by powerhouse3(m): 7:27pm On Mar 20, 2023
Ishilove:
'Otu' means a different thing for others
....hmmm...OTU mean..valour ,..and not your kini 😆😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares Bassey Otu Winner Of Cross River Governorship Election by SIONKPO1(m): 7:29pm On Mar 20, 2023
Nice one,ApC got it right there by Zoning it to the south compared to mumu PDP that zoned it to central.
congratulations to OTU
Re: INEC Declares Bassey Otu Winner Of Cross River Governorship Election by SIONKPO1(m): 7:31pm On Mar 20, 2023
meum:
Zoning did the magic
there is a power rotation agreement amongst the 3 Senatorial Districts.APC zoned it to the right area while PDP played money politics as usual
Re: INEC Declares Bassey Otu Winner Of Cross River Governorship Election by Fearyourcreator: 7:36pm On Mar 20, 2023
alobright17:
is there any time people don’t complain about suffering even before both PDP and Apc time ?
Na small pikin na... Make he go watch the commercial dem use campaign hope 93 ... No food no light no work.. My brother wetin...
Re: INEC Declares Bassey Otu Winner Of Cross River Governorship Election by bong4(m): 7:36pm On Mar 20, 2023
meum:

Honestly I wish I could give this your comment a hundred likes.
It is shameful being a Cross Riverian and a Nigerian at the same time.
Re: INEC Declares Bassey Otu Winner Of Cross River Governorship Election by Nobody: 7:38pm On Mar 20, 2023
Samueltemi337:
who dey vote them?

My bro I asked same thing o.

Abi where these politicians sold their soul is working on them remotely..

Most voters are still dying and crying and still vote APC , especially those eyes service urchin...

We are still watching shaa
Re: INEC Declares Bassey Otu Winner Of Cross River Governorship Election by BluntCrazeMan: 7:51pm On Mar 20, 2023
orgria:
https://crossriverhub.ng/sen-prince-bassey-otu-emerges-winner-of-cross-river-state-gubernatorial-election-2023/
Your reporting is well detailed..
And can be used for further analysis..

Keep it up.

How I wish all results are detailed like this.
Re: INEC Declares Bassey Otu Winner Of Cross River Governorship Election by Anuchauc: 7:53pm On Mar 20, 2023
I love this news
Re: INEC Declares Bassey Otu Winner Of Cross River Governorship Election by omooba74(m): 8:12pm On Mar 20, 2023
steeltrust:
Apc don’t win election

They ring election
At the bolded,its rig......

1 Like

Re: INEC Declares Bassey Otu Winner Of Cross River Governorship Election by Midex88(m): 8:30pm On Mar 20, 2023
APC... giving them back2back Everywhere.
My message to Cross Riverian is that Affliction shall never rise again... #NewEra

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares Bassey Otu Winner Of Cross River Governorship Election by Asek1(m): 9:02pm On Mar 20, 2023
meum:

No be the party
Na the person
Re: INEC Declares Bassey Otu Winner Of Cross River Governorship Election by Wisebird22(m): 9:23pm On Mar 20, 2023
meum:
massive vote buying wey APC do oh, intimidation of voters.
Re: INEC Declares Bassey Otu Winner Of Cross River Governorship Election by bizhop01: 9:31pm On Mar 20, 2023
meum:
Cross river vote candidates not party, they're different from other states

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares Bassey Otu Winner Of Cross River Governorship Election by bizhop01: 9:36pm On Mar 20, 2023
TOYNEX:
APC wins even cross river grin
This 2023 election is very interesting.
People too love the candidate

2 Likes

Re: INEC Declares Bassey Otu Winner Of Cross River Governorship Election by Menclothing: 9:54pm On Mar 20, 2023
Apc win in Bayelsa
Ben Ayade current gov loose senate seat under Apc

1 Like

Re: INEC Declares Bassey Otu Winner Of Cross River Governorship Election by steeltrust: 10:48pm On Mar 20, 2023
omooba74:

At the bolded,its rig......
that a typo error and in between you still get the message
Re: INEC Declares Bassey Otu Winner Of Cross River Governorship Election by saintkeppy(m): 10:55pm On Mar 20, 2023
meum:

Na personality dem dey vote, even if the person is in APC, Prince Bassey Otu is loved with huge followers, remember Peter Obi won in Cross River State via Labour Party.

This year's elections is all about Personality not Party.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares Bassey Otu Winner Of Cross River Governorship Election by XAUBulls: 10:58pm On Mar 20, 2023
Buddha3:
Well deserved!

Party platform aside, Sweet Prince Bassey Otu is roundly liked in Cross River. He's a good man with a good heart who has impacted in the lives of the citizens even in his individual capacity. Plus the fact the Governorship seat was meant to return to Cross River South after the despicable 8years of that stupid midget, Ben Ayade.

The fact that Sandy Onor of PDP even had the audacity to come out to contest being from the central, speaks a lot about the heavy measure of greed in that his square shaped head!
Re: INEC Declares Bassey Otu Winner Of Cross River Governorship Election by XAUBulls: 11:02pm On Mar 20, 2023
Re: INEC Declares Bassey Otu Winner Of Cross River Governorship Election by saintkeppy(m): 11:02pm On Mar 20, 2023
bong4:

Honestly I wish I could give this your comment a hundred likes.
It is shameful being a Cross Riverian and a Nigerian at the same time.

APC is not bad but some people managing the image or ideology of the party are incompetent, party is just a vehicle to get you to your destination.
Prince Bassey Otu is a nice person even though he is in APC, Gov Ayade was smart to have given him the ticket to run for Governor cos he is popular in Calabar & people likes him &has statewide acceptability.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Top Presidency Aides Denied Access To Aso Villa After Violating NCDC Guidelines / Nigerians Blast President Buhari For Saying He Came Into Office In 2005 In Ekiti / Buhari’s Abia Rally Dwarfs Gej's Rally In Abia [ Compare Photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.