Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,471 members, 7,917,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 08:07 AM

Will Things Ever Go Back To What It Was? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Things Ever Go Back To What It Was? (2143 Views)

Will Things Ever Get Better For Nigeria? / Lagos Guber Elections 2023: Will Things Remain The Same Again? / Will Things Ever Change In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Things Ever Go Back To What It Was? by NaijaHelper1(m): 7:07pm On Mar 20, 2023
I watched with dismay as the unity young people set out to change the narrative with, was invaded and sodomized with tribalism and ostracism of Igbo people like me. In some ways I was personally pained because I spent good money promoting Yemi Osinbanjo during the primaries. Even built a website for him

What this has taught me is that as an Igbo person, I am a fool for ever supporting this contraption called Nigeria. The way my tribesmen and women have been treated in their own purported country has left me wondering if I made a mistake settling in another part of Nigeria instead of building my business in the east.

Of a heavier effect is love. The fact that I found love in a Yoruba woman who I intended to marry. Now I'm thinking what's the use? Can I be forever yoked with a people who think my right to live, grow and succeed is the main obstacle in the maintenance of their heritage? Even most of my clients who are yoruba and whom I have had meaningful relationships with seem suspect to me now.

I ask you all that pushed tribalistic narratives ahead of competence and in the process destroyed years of fruitful relationships; was it worth it? Have your sufferings been eased now? Tinubu, MC Oluomo and others have their family outside the country. Do you think they care about you?

My takeaway from all this is that I have to move back to the east. I already broke up with my girl today because I cannot afford my children being referred to Omoales. I'd rather they're called Igbos. I'm selling the little bungalow I managed to build and planning my exit strategy come 2024. I implore every other Igbo person to do the same. There is nothing for you in this place. It is better to live like a king in hell than be a servant in heaven.

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Will Things Ever Go Back To What It Was? by LordIsaac(m): 7:08pm On Mar 20, 2023
NaijaHelper1:
I watched with dismay as the unity young people set out to change the narrative with, was invaded and sodomized with tribalism and ostracism of Igbo people like me. In some ways I was personally pained because I spent good money promoting Yemi Osinbanjo during the primaries. Even built a website for him

What this has taught me is that as an Igbo person, I am a fool for ever supporting this contraption called Nigeria. The way my tribesmen and women have been treated in their own purported country has left me wondering if I made a mistake settling in another part of Nigeria instead of building my business in the east.

Of a heavier effect is love. The fact that I found love in a Yoruba woman who I intended to marry. Now I'm thinking what's the use? Can I be forever yoked with a people who think my right to live, grow and succeed is the main obstacle in the maintenance of their heritage? Even most of my clients who are yoruba and whom I have had meaningful relationships with seem suspect to me now.

I ask you all that pushed tribalistic narratives ahead of competence and in the process destroyed years of fruitful relationships; was it worth it? Have your sufferings been eased now? Tinubu, MC Oluomo and others have their family outside the country. Do you think they care about you?

My takeaway from all this is that I have to move back to the east. I already broke up with my girl today because I cannot afford my children being referred to Omoales. I'd rather they're called Igbos. I'm selling the little bungalow I managed to build and planning my exit strategy come 2024. I implore every other Igbo person to do the same. There is nothing for you in this place. It is better to live like a king in hell than be a servant in heaven.
Be humble and respect your host simple. It was Newton that said "to every action, there's an equal and opposite reaction." It counteracts logic that just like that, your hitherto welcoming host suddenly becomes inhospitable. Check yourself first, before you try to determine how you should be treated!

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Will Things Ever Go Back To What It Was? by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:10pm On Mar 20, 2023
The last has not been heard about this election . I've broken ties with all my Yoruba friends and I'm ready to take out anyone that will mess with me going forward .

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Things Ever Go Back To What It Was? by LordIsaac(m): 7:12pm On Mar 20, 2023
NaijaRoyalty:
The last has not been heard about this election . I've broken ties with all my Yoruba friends and I'm ready to take out anyone that will mess with me going forward .
This "let it burn resolve" is a testament to the fact that the love you claim to have had was not genuine in the first place. True love never fails!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Things Ever Go Back To What It Was? by PrinceofSarcasm: 7:14pm On Mar 20, 2023
The Yoruba can never be trusted you Iboz who think you and them are friends are foolish.

In Edo state I know how I treat any Yoruba who corsses my way. I will forever trust a Fulani herdsman before I trust a Yoruba person
Serves you guys right 🤣

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Things Ever Go Back To What It Was? by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:15pm On Mar 20, 2023
LordIsaac:

This "let it burn resolve" is a testament to the fact that the love you claim to have had was not genuine in the first place. True love never fails!
No more love. I will rather watch a Yoruba man starve to death and save a lizard

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Things Ever Go Back To What It Was? by 2mch(m): 7:16pm On Mar 20, 2023
NaijaRoyalty:
Hope you are on your way back to the East? Don’t stay o. Breakup ties with SW too.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Things Ever Go Back To What It Was? by 2mch(m): 7:17pm On Mar 20, 2023
Wailinnngggg! E pain dem o! When are you getting on the night bus back to the East? Update us or stop opening crying threads.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Things Ever Go Back To What It Was? by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:17pm On Mar 20, 2023
2mch:

Hope you are on your way back to the East? Don’t stay o. Breakup ties with SW too.
You don't own Lagos

3 Likes

Re: Will Things Ever Go Back To What It Was? by 2mch(m): 7:18pm On Mar 20, 2023
NaijaRoyalty:

You don't own Lagos
Lmaoooo! Dem don show you shege. Go outside go tell Lagosians that one again! E be like say na only beating de make una get sense. You better get out of Lagos. Nuisance. Leech. You don’t like us, but you can’t stop living around us. Werey.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Things Ever Go Back To What It Was? by PointB: 7:19pm On Mar 20, 2023
It is what APC has turned yoruba into, because according to them "Igbos taunted" and like cry babies they decided to throw tantrum. Now we know what APC/Yoruba mumu button is. Trust that the button will be pressed countless time, maybe one day, yorubas will burn Lagos down with everything in it because 'Igbos are calling Lagos a No Man's Land' according to them. I've never seen this childishness in my entire life, and trust me I have lived quite long.

APC on behalf of Yorubas have opened Pandora's box. They can blame Igbo all the want, but every other ethnic group they have offended with their barbarism know where the fault lies. They know who turned them away from exercising their rights to vote. And it isn't Igbo.

For that reason, non indigenes will not be counted in Census in Lagos State, any time they fix it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Things Ever Go Back To What It Was? by LordIsaac(m): 7:19pm On Mar 20, 2023
NaijaRoyalty:

No more love. I will rather watch a Yoruba man starve to death and save a lizard

You have an interesting definition of the concept of humanity going by your submission.
Re: Will Things Ever Go Back To What It Was? by Temidayo9(m): 7:20pm On Mar 20, 2023
Hnmm. You don't need to take this personal, I understand how you feel, just like a football games, sometimes referee could be termed biased ,pitch or weather could be harsh, but there is always a winning day.
Dust yourself up and shake off all those taught in your head and move on.

1 Like

Re: Will Things Ever Go Back To What It Was? by BentizilL: 7:20pm On Mar 20, 2023
NaijaRoyalty:

You don't own Lagos
We'll exterminate you next tongue
If dem born your papa well, go say am outside... kiss

4 Likes

Re: Will Things Ever Go Back To What It Was? by NaijaHelper1(m): 7:21pm On Mar 20, 2023
LordIsaac:

Be humble and respect your host simple. It was Newton that said "to every action, there's an equal and opposite reaction." It counteracts logic that just like that, your hitherto welcoming host suddenly becomes inhospitable. Check yourself first, before you try to determine how you should be treated!

Strawman argument. Your statement is besides the point. Twitter warriors started the whole Lagos is a no man's land thing. It wasnt representative of the voice of the normal guy on the streets. Politicians simply used that to dig out the hidden and latent tribalistic sentiments in you. Which you ran with.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Things Ever Go Back To What It Was? by 2mch(m): 7:22pm On Mar 20, 2023
PointB:
It is what APC has turned yoruba into, because according to them "Igbos taunted" and like cry babies they decided to throw tantrum. Now we know what APC/Yoruba mumu button is. Trust that the button will be pressed countless time, maybe one day, yorubas will burn Lagos down with everything in it because 'Igbos are calling Lagos a No Man's Land' according to them. I've never seen this childishness in my entire life, and trust me I have lived quite long.

APC on behalf of Yorubas have opened Pandora's box. They can blame Igbo all the want, but every other ethnic group they have offended with their barbarism know where the fault lies. They know who turned them away from exercising their rights to vote. And it isn't Igbo.

For that reason, non indigenes will not be counted in Census in Lagos State, any time they fix it.
Make sure as you refuse to be counted, you remove yourself from Lagos. This Username is a well known tribalistic Igbo username. Now you are denying you have never seen no man’s land. If you don’t vote in census, we will assume you don’t live there and your community will be starved of resources. Your house will also be marked abandoned property. The day we come to bulldoze it, don’t cry.

5 Likes

Re: Will Things Ever Go Back To What It Was? by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:22pm On Mar 20, 2023
2mch:

Lmaoooo! Dem don show you shege. Go outside go tell Lagosians that one again! E be like say na only beating de make una get sense. You better get out of Lagos. Nuisance. Leech. You don’t like us, but you can’t stop living around us. Werey.
Leech you say?

I came to your land, you walked up to me and offered to sell your house and land to me and I paid in full . You call me a leech?

What could make you sell your land and house to me if you're not poverty stricken ?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Things Ever Go Back To What It Was? by JagabanBorgu: 7:23pm On Mar 20, 2023
NaijaHelper1:

lgb0s and Obi came with d tribalism and religîóus divisions, it has ñèvèr been this bàd till Obi and lgb0s became a major player in politics.
In another 4 years, u will still come back with this same story because we all know ur AfghanEastern can't contain u lgb0s.

8 Likes

Re: Will Things Ever Go Back To What It Was? by NaijaHelper1(m): 7:23pm On Mar 20, 2023
2mch:
Wailinnngggg! E pain dem o! When are you getting on the night bus back to the East? Update us or stop opening crying threads.

Lool
I drive a 2016 ES. I don't jump buses. But I get what you mean. Soon. I assure you.

1 Like

Re: Will Things Ever Go Back To What It Was? by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:23pm On Mar 20, 2023
BentizilL:

We'll exterminate you next tongue
If dem born your papa well, go say am outside... kiss
Lol, one of this says you will be confronted one on one and I will say it in your face .. but I know you're a coward

1 Like

Re: Will Things Ever Go Back To What It Was? by PointB: 7:24pm On Mar 20, 2023
LordIsaac:

My friend, Lagos is No Man's Land, and Igbos will take over Lagos eventually. We will keep participating in Lagos elections and vote whoever our conscience support.

Now you can start crying or go and look for a market to burn. If you like, go and burn Lagos down. Bigot!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Things Ever Go Back To What It Was? by 2mch(m): 7:24pm On Mar 20, 2023
NaijaHelper1:

Lool
I drive a 2016 ES. I don't jump buses. But I get what you mean. Soon. I assure you.
2016? Church rat. Lmaooo. Please carry your 2016 enter East and stay there. Why are you so afraid of living in the East if it’s heaven and you wan to replicate the heaven in Lagos? You say you no like us, we say Oya go back now! You are crying and boasting avoiding the move to go back!

6 Likes

Re: Will Things Ever Go Back To What It Was? by JagabanBorgu: 7:24pm On Mar 20, 2023
PointB:

So what do u call d emotional lgb0s then?
U started this game u Ióst and u have started d bIàmè game, sweeping under d carpet all d tribalistic and religîóus divisions u crèatèd thinking it was going to favor u.

3 Likes

Re: Will Things Ever Go Back To What It Was? by wahahlawahala: 7:25pm On Mar 20, 2023
PrinceofSarcasm:
The Yoruba can never be trusted you Iboz who think you and them are friends are foolish.

In Edo state I know how I treat any Yoruba who corsses my way. I will forever trust a Fulani herdsman before I trust a Yoruba person
Serves you guys right 🤣
wehdon Chinedu.. always stealing identity to display their bitterness 🤭

1 Like

Re: Will Things Ever Go Back To What It Was? by 2mch(m): 7:25pm On Mar 20, 2023
PointB:

My friend, Lagos is No Man's Land, and Igbos will take over Lagos eventually. We will keep participating in Lagos elections and vote whoever our conscience support.

Now you can start crying or go and look for a market to burn. If you like, go and burn Lagos down. Bigot!
Lmaooo. You have finally said it and you denied you have never seen anyone say it! Walai, many mental problem de una lineage! We will keep dealing with you! Na better flogging and beating fit una. Awon Iran werey.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Things Ever Go Back To What It Was? by PointB: 7:29pm On Mar 20, 2023
2mch:

Make sure as you refuse to be counted, you remove yourself from Lagos. This Username is a well known tribalistic Igbo username. Now you are denying you have never seen no man’s land. If you don’t vote in census, we will assume you don’t live there and your community will be starved of resources. Your house will also be marked abandoned property. The day we come to bulldoze it, don’t cry.

I will go to my village and be counted, and return to Lagos afterwards.

If you're looking for tribalist, you will see that on the street of Lagos among Yoruba. I am not one, and will never be, I am independent thinker, I do not fear God or Man. So please go look for your tribalist among your Afonja folks.

But Lagos election, we will run it as we please. Get ready to deploy thugs in every election. Next election, we will turn out with weapons to defend our right to vote as mandated by the law of the land.

If you bring fuel to Lagos, we will bring matches, Lagos is No Man's Land. If you don't like that, you can cry or crawl back to Ogbomosho!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Things Ever Go Back To What It Was? by NaijaHelper1(m): 7:31pm On Mar 20, 2023
2mch:

2016? Church rat. Lmaooo. Please carry your 2016 enter East and stay there. Why are you so afraid of living in the East if it’s heaven and you wan to replicate the heaven in Lagos? You say you no like us, we say Oya go back now! You are crying and boasting avoiding the move to go back!

You can believe whatever you want. I do not have to show you nothing. I also do not believe you need to insult me to make your point. You can actually make your comments in a civilised manner or face your front.

1 Like

Re: Will Things Ever Go Back To What It Was? by 2mch(m): 7:31pm On Mar 20, 2023
PointB:

I will go to my village and be counted, and return to Lagos afterwards.

If you'll looking for tribalist, you will see that on the street of Lagos among Yoruba. I am not one, and will never be, I am independent thinker, I do not fear God or Man. So please go look for your tribalist among your Afonja folks.

But Lagos election, we will run it as we please. Get ready to deploy thugs in every election. Next election, we will turn out with weapons to defend our right to vote as mandated by the law of the land.

If you bring fuel to Lagos, we will bring matches, Lagos is No Man's Land. If you don't like that, you can cry or crawl back to Ogbomosho!
E pain am! Don’t hide like a coward on Nairaland. Go outside and say it! Go to your village and be counted. We will also count you here as non resident. Then we take measures to ensure you are not burdening your resources. You will come and recertify your residence and C of O at that point. We de wait! Try us first.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Things Ever Go Back To What It Was? by PrinceofSarcasm: 7:31pm On Mar 20, 2023
wahahlawahala:
wehdon Chinedu.. always stealing identity to display their bitterness 🤭

I talk am ,one of these children of human ritualists will come and call me ipob 🤣
Dirty pig, ama yiwe ese.

After all your mother's are constantly raped by agberos so what kind of children do we expect.them to have ?

🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Will Things Ever Go Back To What It Was? by PointB: 7:32pm On Mar 20, 2023
2mch:

Lmaooo. You have finally said it and you denied you have never seen anyone say it! Walai, many mental problem de una lineage! We will keep dealing with you! Na better flogging and beating fit una. Awon Iran werey.

I said that Lagos is No Man Land, Jakande said it too. Yes, I'm saying it again, Lagos is No Man's Land, you will be tamed to accept that going forward. You think you're the only one with craze? Bigot!

Now go and burn a market or look for some fresh looking people to assault - bigot!

1 Like

Re: Will Things Ever Go Back To What It Was? by Great0ne1: 7:32pm On Mar 20, 2023
LordIsaac:

Can you explain what you mean by been humble and respecting your host ? Can you explain how the igbos has disrespected there host ? Can you explain how exercising there right to vote there choice candidate amounted to disrespect ? If there is anyone who has actually disrespected the other openly, it is your oba who has disrespected the igbos and made very disturbing ethnic remarks against the igbos in 2019.

But i know for sure, there are millions of reasonable and responsible yoruba people out there. I will not call them names, because of the few irresponsible idiots we have here and on twitter. But for those of you, who thinks that inec declaring Tinubu as a winner, is a victory against the igbos. Trust me, we are all in this together. If Tinubu has any iota of love, for the yoruba race, he would have stepped down for osinbajo to contest. He would have been concerned about what would become of his people, should anything happens to him and another fulani terrorist assumes power. Infact, what was Mr tinubu's reaction, when the same government he helped bring into power, allowed fulani herdsmen to invade your villages, kill your men, and raped your women ? Are you also going to blame an igbo man for that ? May be we need another 8 or 16 years of misery to understand that, we need to be united to retrieve our country from these irresponsible criminals, masquerading as leaders

3 Likes

Re: Will Things Ever Go Back To What It Was? by 2mch(m): 7:34pm On Mar 20, 2023
PointB:

I said that Lagos is No Man Land, Jakande said it too. Yes, I'm saying it again, Lagos is No Man's Land, you will be tamed to accept that going forward. You think you're the only one with craze? Bigot!

Now go and burn a market or look for some fresh looking people to assault - bigot!
I will believe you, if you go outside and say it! I am a bigot but you are not? Lmaoo? You PointB? Anyway I like how you all keep saying it so Yoruba’s will keep dealing with you! So you can come and open threads on NL crying. Na God de always push una to punish yourselves and create hate for yourselves.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Apostle Chika Onuzo Issues Decree, Cancels Tinubu's Presidency. Video. / 21yr-old Female Law Student Wants To Be Porn-star, Shares 65secs Nudde Video / Oyebanji Inaugurates Board For State’s Investment Company, Agency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.