Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,875 members, 7,945,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 06:50 AM

Growing Spiritually! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Growing Spiritually! (200 Views)

Are You Growing Spiritually? / Going To Church For Years: Are You Growing Spiritually? / OPC Members Fortify Themselves And Their Weapons Spiritually In Lagos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Growing Spiritually! by topshore(f): 11:50am On Mar 21, 2023
Scripture Text: John 6: 48-48

Making Jesus Christ your Lord and Savior is the first step to spiritual growth.

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature. Old things have passed away; behold all things are become new"- 2 Corinthians 5:17

You must give your life to Jesus Christ before you can talk about spiritual growth. You won't be able to grow spiritually if you don't choose to follow Christ and put Him first. So, being born again in Christ is a very important part of spiritual growth.

How do you surrender to Christ? Romans 10:9-10 says "That if thou confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shall be saved. For with the heart a man believeth unto righteousness and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation".

You must not only say "Lord Jesus Christ" with your mouth and heart, but you must also feel strongly about it. Only then can you stay true to Him until the end. If your conviction isn't strong enough, you won't be able to make a firm decision to follow the Lord to the end. If you're not careful, this could throw you off track on your Christian journey. You have to turn away from the world and towards the Lord Jesus Christ.

Another is for you to abide in Him so that He can abide in you. You can abide in the Lord Jesus Christ by dwelling in His Prensence every day, thereby growing deeper in Him as you seek Him more. John 15:4-5 says: "Abide in me, and I in you. As a branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine, no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I an the Vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for wothout me you can do nothing."

When you give your life to Jesus Christ as Lord. He takes over and becomes the Commander-in-Chief, the person who everyone must listen to. So, are you a new person? As such, start a new life, and as you keep looking for Him, you will grow closer to the Lord Jesus Christ. Have you taken a step back or turned cold? Now is the time to turn back to Jesus Christ. Jesus is always ready and willing to take you back into His flock.
God bless you, in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen!

If you want to give your life to Christ, just say this short prayer: "Lord Jesus Christ, I come to You now. I confess You as my Lord and Personal Saviour. I confess my sins to You. Please forgive me and accept me as Your Child. Step into my life and take charge of it. I tell the devil goodbye and enter the Kingdom of Light. Thank you, Jesus. I pray in Jesus's name, amen.

Congratulations!!! You're safe now!

Peace!

Ref:
Dr.D.K Olukoya: Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional Vol 8: 2023.

(1) (Reply)

There Are Those Who Are Happy With You Or Seem To Like You When You Live In Sin. / Stop Mocking God / 666 The Mark Of The Beast Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.