Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,605 members, 7,878,746 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 05:24 AM

Tinubu Presidency: my Thoughts' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Presidency: my Thoughts' (287 Views)

2023 Presidency: My Allegiance Is To Nigeria, Not Anyone – Osinbajo / 2023: Tinubu Presidency Will Help Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode / 2023: Low Turnout As Yoruba Summit Pushes For Tinubu Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Presidency: my Thoughts' by MightySparrow: 3:54pm On Mar 21, 2023
This is different from blabluu bulaba.

The elections have come and gone. To some of us, we are jubilant because our desired candidates won the elections To some we are not happy even discouraged that the subsequent elections were sparingly attended.

All the same, someone has to fill some position. And so Tinubu to be sworn in as the president of Nigeria. Some of us are waiting and hoping for the wonders the court can perform. Personally, I don't really think there can be any meaningful thing coming out of that because in the little years I have lived, no presidential elections are not challenged in the court. The length of time it will take will even make some of us to lose interest.

The Man Tinubu
This man is so powerful and influential., He scaled all the obstacles places before him: the skits, the abuses the prophecies, curses, ill- wishes, cash scarcity and many more. He looks more powerful than all.

1. Performance.
I can bet it that despite his age, he will perform. He was ready and determined for him to have been planning for the seat for twenty years. I think he has something to offer. Apart from Muslim - Muslim ticket which to me is excuseable, because of the behavior of northern christians. It is the same thing we see in some southwestern states. Christians run away from politics and those that participate are little encouraged by their brethren. I noticed something in Ibadan in the just concluded elections, about seventy five of those seeking elective positions are Muslims. So are most northern christians. No serious politicians will take a paper weight as a running mate in a game of numbers.

Polity.
Tinubu is master of the game. If care is not taking, by 2027, Nigeria would be tending to a one party state. There will be no political varieties. Anyway, the political parties themselves are not based on ideologies and values but ethnicity, religion and sentiments.
Tinubu understands the game. He knows how to fix things using any means possible. For instance, in his government, no matter what genuine case Adeleke may have in Oṣùn State, he is a goner.
This will be a dangerous thing for nigeria for the foreseeable future.

Security
The issue of security is daisy because the Islamic north has an agenda and subtly supporting the move as an avenue to entrench their religion. Already, a YouTube meeting of seventy five Islamic sets went viral. These sects claimed to have been strategizing Muslim -- Muslim tickets since Abiola kingibe to perpetuate one religion rulership. His government may be sabotaged by his loyalists who may not see things the way he sees being a southern Muslim. In the north, you can scarcely see people like Idiagbon, Fashola, Tinubu who have wives and children practicing faiths of their choices. Tinubu may be directly or indirectly working for one religion cause even unawares.

Appointments
I do not see him making lopsided appointments like Buhari. He , like OBJ will be liberal and objective in his choices of lieutenants.

Legacy
He could, by the Muslim - Muslim ticket nationally and I think in Kaduna ṣtate, be laying a foundation of a northern dominance by the time he is leaving office. The northerners will play along with him now having won the first battle that northern christian politicians are worthless and not relevant in their political terrain.

In summary, this may be a twist of history that we may never have wished.
Re: Tinubu Presidency: my Thoughts' by SanctifiedSista(f): 4:02pm On Mar 21, 2023
Tinubu will do his best because he is desperate to prove all Nigerians who didn't believe in him wrong
However He will need the mercy of God to give him strength and wisdom to overcome the many trials coming his way
Welcome sir...u have gained the seat, the God that helped Baba despite his age and rumours of death will help u for the many challenges ahead.. can't wait to join your team of enforcers

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Presidency: my Thoughts' by Pascal9: 4:18pm On Mar 21, 2023
Winning is different things leading is a deferent kettle, you Yorubas should know that every other tribe is different, he won't have that advantage, I see another Johnathan trying to please the north in other to win second term.he will be a lame duck, north tolerated buhari but I doubt if they will have patience with Tinubu, if north suffer 30% of what happened in buhari time under Tinubu , they will remove him or Nigeria will explode

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Where’s Reno / Archbishop Martins Condemns Ethnic Profiling, Calls For Peace And Tolerance / Nigeria's Governorship Election 2023 Results: Winners And Losers.(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.