Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,683 members, 7,948,553 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 01:40 AM

If ''AND'' FCT Vs Mr & Mrs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If ''AND'' FCT Vs Mr & Mrs (334 Views)

How Tinubu Defeated His Opponents Despite Losing Lagos, Kano And FCT / LP Have Finished Going Round The 36 States Of Federation and FCT For their Rally / Video Of Buhari Announcing The Extension Of Lockdown In Lagos, Ogun And FCT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If ''AND'' FCT Vs Mr & Mrs by ubest1(m): 6:05pm On Mar 21, 2023
If the Nigeria court go against the ''AND'' 25% in FCT during the presidential election it mean every joint properties from ''Mr & Mrs'' will be illegal
Re: If ''AND'' FCT Vs Mr & Mrs by rtdCivilservant: 6:15pm On Mar 21, 2023
ubest1:
If the Nigeria court go against the ''AND'' 25% in FCT during the presidential election it mean every joint properties from ''Mr & Mrs'' will be illegal
I still wonder why this is still a subject of debate up till this moment. This na just grammar de confuse us here. Because fct is not a state, so u don't expect the constitution to say 37 states. Let me give an example:
Assuming in a class, we have 10 persons (I.e humans) and 1 monkey as students.
Let's assume for any entity in the class to emerge as the class rep in an election, that entity would need at least 2/3 of the total votes cast (humans and monkey all eligible to vote).
The question now is "How do u express this condition or requirement in simple English language.
The answer would be:
For any entity to emerge a class rep during election, the entity must get at least 2/3 of the votes of the 10 persons AND the monkey (cos the monkey is not a human just like fct is not a state). It will be wrong for me to say 11 persons ( because the monkey is not human). Also it doesn't in any way mean that the monkey's vote is special because 'Monkey' was emphasised, but because monkey cannot be grouped as a human.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If ''AND'' FCT Vs Mr & Mrs by LocalStandard1(m): 6:54pm On Mar 21, 2023
ubest1:

Don't let that person up there who quote you mislead you. The Supreme Court many years ago confirmed what you say. They're are trying to change common English and even Nigerian law to fit a fraud.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Abacha’s Ex-chief Of Staff, General Diya Is Dead / Statement Regarding Indigenous People Of The Biafra (IPOB) & The Global Terroris / Anti-tinubu Air Passenger Arraigned, Remanded In Custody

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.