Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,251 members, 7,887,709 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:40 PM

Motives Could Save Your Life - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Motives Could Save Your Life (276 Views)

Seeking Honest Advice That Could Save My Mental Health. / Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? / Your Advice Could Save A Life Because I'm Dying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Motives Could Save Your Life by EmekaStanley: 11:59am On Mar 22, 2023
The Motive behind every speech, action or thought is far more important than any other thing that comes after it.

This is the reason why what people do without saying anything or should I say their knee-jerk reactions to things reveal more than whatever they say or do thereafter.

All you need to do is to be more observant. It could save from falling into a ditch in the hands of people especially pretenders around you.

This is how God Operates. God sees your motive even before you open your mouth to say anything to him. A lot of our prayers are left unanswered because God has already seen the deep seated motive behind your requests.

It's either what you are asking for will destroy you totally or you are not matured enough to receive it yet. So He either delays it till the appropriate time or He doesn't grant you the request because it will destroy you.

I have come to understand that God will answer you speedily when you request spiritual gifts. It is actually wiser to request for spiritual gifts because everything you see or could ever want has a spiritual background or undertone. I won't go further on this, for now.

The very week (sometime November last year) that I prayed to God for the gift of praying in tongues was the same week that He answered me.

What was my motive?

I needed a more personal communication with God and the Holy Spirit, and that was exactly what I confessed to God.

After praying one night, I told the Holy Spirit to please activate my ability to pray in unknown tongues because I came to understand the benefits. The response was immediate. And it has remained that way.

Prior to that time, I never tried to speak in tongues, and even now I don't believe it's something you can just start talking. There has to be some spiritual inclination and empowerment.

The point, even a parent will likely grant your request faster if your motives are right.

Conclusively, motives are everything. Keep your motives in check and also be aware of people's motives. These will literally save you.

ES
Re: Motives Could Save Your Life by Nice2023(m): 12:08pm On Mar 22, 2023
I totally agree with u.
Re: Motives Could Save Your Life by EmekaStanley: 12:10pm On Mar 22, 2023
Nice2023:
I totally agree with u.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

In Search Of Long Lost Dad / How True Is This / Most Hilarious Spin And Win Game Challenge You'd Ever Watch | Who Ate The Most

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.