Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,170 members, 7,880,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:54 PM

Is Spanking A Child Good Or Bad? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Spanking A Child Good Or Bad? (12524 Views)

Alternatives To Spanking Children And Dealing With Rebellious Tweens And Teens, / Good or bad parenting: Young Boy Steals Meat And Blames Devil For It / Beating A Child Good Or Bad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Spanking A Child Good Or Bad? by Thatedoboi: 10:11am On Mar 23, 2023
DonTattaglia:
Go and ask one slowpoke, an Idiot drug junkie..A bastard whose urchins are as stupid as a GOAT. His name is Tinubu a criminal whom some F00LS are sheepishly supporting. They will shocked after d court finishes with him. I can't wait to see them jump into d lagoon.
I don't think this relates to the topic at hand

1 Like

Re: Is Spanking A Child Good Or Bad? by LZAA: 10:14am On Mar 23, 2023
Very very good
It teaches the child there is a consequence for bad behaviour
It becomes horrible when it veers into abuse if not it helps in raising a child properly

1 Like

Re: Is Spanking A Child Good Or Bad? by donmik: 10:17am On Mar 23, 2023
The result is the answer!

Compare the adult white (westerner) and the adult black!

Choose whom you prefer to be!

That will decide for you how to train your child!
Re: Is Spanking A Child Good Or Bad? by themanderon: 10:20am On Mar 23, 2023
Our parents spanked us and I can assure you we love them to the heavens for that as we all turned out well. The ill trained kids, teenagers and adults we have littered everywhere today is as a result of their parents failing to do the needful. We decided to follow the ways of the western world and we are turning into a disaster just like them when it comes to morals.

2 Likes

Re: Is Spanking A Child Good Or Bad? by HopefulFuture: 10:24am On Mar 23, 2023
Me too...It shaped me and I am grateful to my parent that I wasn't indulged..Every child has tendencies to be naughty, only strict control can get a child in line cool
Isabi4lov:
Dem no spank me , na heavy beatings I chop grin grin .

1 Like

Re: Is Spanking A Child Good Or Bad? by LordReed(m): 10:24am On Mar 23, 2023
nairamaniac:

So spanking your 6-year old child is ABUSE?

U can't be serious.

The spanking serves as a deterrent from making the child make similar mistakes.

You said physical methods would be used sparingly?

What if the child commits offences "unsparingly"?

Meanwhile u should have no fears of the child standing against you physically, cos you wd use the rod on him with love and let him/her understand it's for his own good while you are at it.
Then reward/applaud the same child when he/she does great.

Where did I even remotely insinuate spanking your 6-year old child is ABUSE? Do you know the meaning of abuse?

Any form of punishment also acts as deterent so there is no need to focus on spanking.

I was speaking about my particular experience and I did say my children do not 'commit offences "unsparingly"' so I have no reason to switch to beating them.

I have no fears of retaliation because I don't abuse my children whether physically or otherwise.
Re: Is Spanking A Child Good Or Bad? by SirLakes: 10:38am On Mar 23, 2023
Sey You die from the spanking wey you collect when you small abii
Re: Is Spanking A Child Good Or Bad? by Bfly: 10:39am On Mar 23, 2023
you can as well ask if that verse you quoted is making sense.
Re: Is Spanking A Child Good Or Bad? by DonBenny77(m): 10:55am On Mar 23, 2023
As for me dem over spank me and e no good cos I no come fear cane again. I will do the deed and be like after all dem go flog tire.
Excessive spanking no good sha
Re: Is Spanking A Child Good Or Bad? by Enemyofpeace: 10:57am On Mar 23, 2023
I'm for serious beating o. I ate nonsense and concobility

1 Like

Re: Is Spanking A Child Good Or Bad? by Nikes(m): 10:58am On Mar 23, 2023
I Grew up in a military barrack. If you don't know what that means, I'll tell ya.
The barracks back then was a place where you find all kinds of character with plenty touches of aljanu and ogbanje. Children weren't spanked back in my days. Children were beaten like thieves. The offenses commited were usually greater than our ages so it always came down to either sparing the rod and raising a nuisance of a child or spoiling the rod and saving your child. Boys did things bruh.
My Mom never saved that rod. She used it when necessary until she never had to use it again. All she had to do was serve that look. Today we appreciate how they brought us up. We for Don loose one or two nuts.
So yeah, spank that child when necessary and dont listen to dick heads who'd tell you you're abusing your child.

3 Likes

Re: Is Spanking A Child Good Or Bad? by GreatAchiever1: 10:58am On Mar 23, 2023
As long as you're under my authority in the home, just misbehave first, you go collect.

1 Like

Re: Is Spanking A Child Good Or Bad? by DonBenny77(m): 11:00am On Mar 23, 2023
arantess:

grin grin
This one works too
You mean students thrive better with fear
Re: Is Spanking A Child Good Or Bad? by DonBenny77(m): 11:07am On Mar 23, 2023
Nigerians now applying the bible more than Oyibo wey bring the religion come. Oyibo wey no spank their pikin no get sense abi?
The same bible said though shall not steal or fornicate but even yahoo boiz and hookupers are here quoting bible and testifying how the got abused by parents and teachers and came out well.
When a case of abuse comes up on front page maybe from a teacher or a parent same fools will come out here and condemn the person. What the yardstick to judge when the spanking is excess.
Naija is filled up with hippocritical idiots I swear.
Even cheating wives will come out here to type that they came out well.
Fools!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Spanking A Child Good Or Bad? by Isabi4lov: 11:15am On Mar 23, 2023
HopefulFuture:
Me too...It shaped me and I am grateful to my parent that I wasn't indulged..Every child has tendencies to be naughty, only strict control can get a child in line cool

It really shaped me too and church things , that time it's a must for you to attend all church programs grin grin.

1 Like

Re: Is Spanking A Child Good Or Bad? by hafal2020: 11:46am On Mar 23, 2023
Does a 7 years old child still childish to that extent for not recognising that those things cannot be washed.
Re: Is Spanking A Child Good Or Bad? by harmony75: 11:51am On Mar 23, 2023
It is very good o even as young as sucking baby bite the mother's nipples while sucking you should give the baby a spank don't say she's only a baby that's way the discipline starts!

2 Likes

Re: Is Spanking A Child Good Or Bad? by apstpaulg1: 12:17pm On Mar 23, 2023
EmekaStanley:
I have seen numerous debates about whether disciplining a child by spanking him or her is right.

Some parents are for it, while some are against it. Only parents can finally decide whether to spank their kids or not.

But it must be known that whichever way you choose to train your child will definitely reflect on how your child treats you tomorrow.

The honor you get from you child as a parent will be as a result of how best you were able to inculcate good precepts and concepts in that child.

Here is what the Bible says about spanking a child;

" Children just naturally do silly, careless things, but a good spanking will teach them how to behave." Proverbs 22: 15 GNT

Another translation puts it this way;

"A youngster’s heart is filled with foolishness, but physical discipline will drive it far away". Proverbs 22:15 NLT

Yet another interesting translation puts it;

"Foolishness is bound up in the heart of a child; the rod of discipline [correction administered with godly wisdom and lovingkindness] will remove it far from him". Proverbs 22:15 AMP

It is important that you start disciplining your child when he or she is still little.

Don't copy deluded cultures that enthrone children who bully their parents, all in the name of legal protection or human rights.

The rot in the society is directly linked to collapse in family values.

However you choose to train your kids lies in your hands but if you want the truth, this is it; spanking kids is a good way to make them behave.

ES
Spare the rod, and you will spoil the child.
Note though, that excessive spanking without bringing the said child to the reason for such act, will only make such parent to lead such child into the streets. Hereby resulting in, probably. Hooliganism.
Re: Is Spanking A Child Good Or Bad? by apstpaulg1: 12:19pm On Mar 23, 2023
SHIVA001:
If You really want Your Child to blossom, You need to Transform yourself into A joyful, loving and peaceful being. Children don't listen to you. They Watch your Actions.

Not only Children Needs Spanking, Adults Definitely needs Some spanking. Also.
Nice one
Re: Is Spanking A Child Good Or Bad? by sulakishop(m): 12:27pm On Mar 23, 2023
In Africa here, spare the rod and spoil the child(and some adult too)
Re: Is Spanking A Child Good Or Bad? by Gjc123(m): 12:35pm On Mar 23, 2023
shantti:
I believe in moderate spanking.

Which one is moderate spanking again
Spanking is spanking
Re: Is Spanking A Child Good Or Bad? by VIKTO83(m): 12:58pm On Mar 23, 2023
I'm a product of spanking. My mother is a spankstar. My father is super-spankmaster. If not for the spankisms I would have been a wasted child. Even till today I respect my mom's grave.

She will spank me and say remember u are a member of Assemblies of God church. Remember you are a Christian. Christ won't have behaved like u did.
She spanks u and spank whoever comes to ur rescue.

1 Like

Re: Is Spanking A Child Good Or Bad? by travismacoy: 1:23pm On Mar 23, 2023
Very good
Re: Is Spanking A Child Good Or Bad? by 7upnigeria: 1:59pm On Mar 23, 2023
SHIVA001:
If You really want Your Child to blossom, You need to Transform yourself into A joyful, loving and peaceful being. Children don't listen to you. They Watch your Actions.

Not only Children Needs Spanking, Adults Definitely needs Some spanking. Also.

If you dont have anything reasonable to say, why dont you just keep quiet. An adult who's not well brought up will be dealt with by the society at adulthood. There are many adults who are in debt because they dont know how o manage money, there are adults in jail for stealing, manslaughter, fraud etc.

Here, we are talking about how to raise children so that they dont become irresponsible like some of the adults mentioned above.
Re: Is Spanking A Child Good Or Bad? by GboyegaD(m): 2:03pm On Mar 23, 2023
jayAjoku:
If you want a good answer to your questions look at the American Society then compare

They are more truthful and organized than we are.

1 Like

Re: Is Spanking A Child Good Or Bad? by 7upnigeria: 2:04pm On Mar 23, 2023
SHIVA001:

Children will never listen to you. That is the truth, because they want to explore life in their own way. But they watch you and copy you.

What are you even saying, as if we were not children before. My dad beat out every spirit of disobedience and immorality out of my life, I DID NOT DIE. It didnt stop me from exploring life, it didnt stop him from correcting me where I needed to be corrected.
Re: Is Spanking A Child Good Or Bad? by 7upnigeria: 2:07pm On Mar 23, 2023
jeff1993:
..... No wonder u turned out the way u are.

If ur senior brothers had disciplined u .... maybe sense would have not departed your life.l and u would have not been hate filled and yuseless as u are

SHE WILL COME FOR YOU
Re: Is Spanking A Child Good Or Bad? by 7upnigeria: 2:09pm On Mar 23, 2023
Kobicove:

I'm scratching my head trying to understand what you actually mean

grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin wink. God will forgive you, am sure.
Re: Is Spanking A Child Good Or Bad? by GboyegaD(m): 2:11pm On Mar 23, 2023
BigYash:
I saw one mother spanking her daughter days ago,the little girl was spanking the mom back and even added inductive words. The woman matter just tire me.. As little as the girl children was,she don spoil now now.. God forbids.. Some parents dey over pamper their kids,the kids go come turn disaster later. Caning is very important, cux some no dey fear spank .. Buy those masquerade çane full hux.. They will be afraid to misbehave.. Na why olden days kids them,dey disciplined pass these indomine kids now.. I wonder how d next generation go be walai

No be dem dey collect bribe everywhere so? We keep thinking we are better yet we are so corrupt a people. Wasn't your politicians, government officials properly disciplined as you claim? How many offices can you get legal document without greasing palms with bribe? In essence, spanking does nothing if we don't have a value system.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is It Necessary To Teach Babies To Sit? / Need A Healthy Female Ready To Raise A Kid / How Do You Treat Your Maid?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.