Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,222 members, 7,934,012 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 04:17 PM

Why Lp Lost In Enugu. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Lp Lost In Enugu. (3562 Views)

Election Tribunal: Why LP, PDP Shouldn’t Panic Over Inec’s Objections – Effiong / This Is Why LP Is Not Challenging Result Of Presidential Election / 2023 : Why LP Rallies Not On Live TV Broadcast? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Lp Lost In Enugu. by DesChyko: 6:35am On Mar 23, 2023
darfay:

It's effed up what tribalism does to people

Right? I left home late on Monday on my way to work so I took a route I wouldn't normally take, heard someone on the street shouting "All of Una wey be Igbo, Una no go pass here tomorrow." Normally, I would ignore such outbursts but I chose to look for and observe the person making this statement. Lo and behold, it was my neighbour of 14 years. When he saw me, I saw how his face became drained as he quickly told me "No be you o. You no follow." I just smiled and moved on.

The rage that flooded me was palpable. I became angry at him and at what he represents. But I checked myself before it got out of hand. My boss is a Yoruba man and he hasn't been as fickle minded. My closest friend and colleague is a Yoruba man and we vibe excess. I have great Yoruba students past and present. I cannot afford to be as small-minded as he was.

This is a guy whom I run stuffs for. I went out of my way to outdo myself when his wife put to bed; even his Mom thanks me to this day everytime we meet. Before and during cash crunch, I share funds with him, sometimes even when I'm strapped. But see how easy it was to throw me under the bus when I wasn't looking. I'm now sure he was part of those who upset the elections in the PU on that street.

Well, that party is over.
Re: Why Lp Lost In Enugu. by modelsms(m): 6:37am On Mar 23, 2023
Enugu was obviously rigged.
Re: Why Lp Lost In Enugu. by femtex007(m): 6:51am On Mar 23, 2023
KingsCity:
That Senator-elect Ezea must be stupid fellow if he actually did what they say he did
That's nsukka people for you. They want to rule Enugu state again by proxy
Re: Why Lp Lost In Enugu. by femtex007(m): 6:59am On Mar 23, 2023
Ofunaofu:

You are disappointed that LP got a state and was denied an opportunity to get another state State that would have made it two
Count enugu out. PDP won Enugu election
Re: Why Lp Lost In Enugu. by Manna4Gurls: 7:28am On Mar 23, 2023
Why voting everyone that contested under LP? The Obididient movement is meant for presidency, so why putting incompetent fellows in power only because he/she is a member of LP.

P. Mbah is not a Saint but more manageable than other contestants. Enugu people are tired of PDP and the only man they trust happen to join the wrong party at the wrong timing. Assuming Mbah is in LP, his margin over others would've been far fetched. We need to stop judging by the party, let's focus on what the contestants could do, if he's competent enough to be trusted the 4yrs with.

Good luck to Ndi Enugu as they are in the verge of witnessing greatness again.
Re: Why Lp Lost In Enugu. by johnpaulbuddy(m): 7:36am On Mar 23, 2023
yarimo:
Labour party came to rigg election in ENUGU state and were resisted. ABIA state governorsip election should be cancel and INEC should re conduct fresh governorship election in ABIA state immediately
Dont Yu have sense??
Abia state is the only state celebrating their election with Kano state in the whole federation and Yu are saying INEC should cancel the election..If it is not the people choice,Will they be celebrating??
Even our president elect was announced,e be like say we dey mourn.
Re: Why Lp Lost In Enugu. by obi83l: 7:48am On Mar 23, 2023
Did NNPP rig in Kano?Did NNPP rig in Kano?...
Re: Why Lp Lost In Enugu. by Bede2u(m): 8:33am On Mar 23, 2023
domDva:
Without prejudice to any possible rigging by pdp, there are three key factors that gave PDP victory in Enugu.

There is no doubt that A LOT of people in Enugu are tired of PDP and would easily vote for any other popular candidate.
However, Mr Okey Ezea, an LP senator elect from Nsukka in that infamous video circulated online was seen shouting that the governorship election is a Do or Die affair for Nsukka people, that Nsukka is more populated than Nkanu and should use their alleged voting strength to elect Edeoga who most people from Enugu East see as an Nsukka man. That outburst re-enforced that feeling.
Every Nkanu man and woman took that outburst as a direct challenge,

Frank Nweke factor: The Apga candidate got support from a lot of independent minded Obidients who felt that voting along party line is not the right thing to do, they prefer a candidate regarded as more competent notwithstanding the party. Most of them chose Nweke of Apga, Aisha Yesufu pushed hard for Nweke. This ultimately ate deep into Obidient votes that naturally would have gone to LP.

Thirdly, a lot of people in Enugu consider Edeoga as incompetent, he has been in government since 1999 but it is hard to point out to his achievements. He was the immediate past commissioner for environment in Enugu at a time that Enugu became filthy. Though, he claimed that the parastatal in charge of keeping the city clean was taken away from his office and placed in the office of the Governor. A lot of people didn’t buy this excuse.

Mba is no saint but people believe that since he has succeeded in the private sector as the owner of Pinnacle Oil, he will be a better choice than a career politician who has nothin to show for his years in government.

In summary: Nkanu and Nsukka “fight”, emergence of Obidient Frank Nweke of Apga and the alleged incompetence of Edeoga worked against him
remove that first reason. Most enugu people didn't care about nsuka vs nkanu factor. LP failed because of other reasons you mentioned and because Peter Obi did not endorse Edeoga
Re: Why Lp Lost In Enugu. by PerfectMan24: 8:35am On Mar 23, 2023
yarimo:
Labour party came to rigg election in ENUGU state and were resisted. ABIA state governorsip election should be cancel and INEC should re conduct fresh governorship election in ABIA state immediately
Afonja, owners of Lagos
Re: Why Lp Lost In Enugu. by haybhi1(m): 8:39am On Mar 23, 2023
darfay:
STFU, people were attacked in my pu in Lagos for not being Yoruba,our neighbours from Kwara and Abeokuta were telling us to go back to our villages just because we wanted to vote a Yoruba. Stop gaslighting people, if we can pay taxes in Lagos then we can vote and support whoever we damn please without intimidation. Stop using igbos and non Yorubas as instrument of separation and a ploy to win elections. You always played the Igbo card on opposition parties in Lagos from pdp right from 2003 to 2023.. this division you're (APC) sowing amongst neighbors in Lagos would morph into a full blown communal crisis one day
Umahi would make a good president until he decides to run, you'll remember he's omo Igbo and start this madness all over again.

Calm down Darfay, no Jupiter will stop Umahi when he wants to be a president. You, Darfay, prove your capacity, achieve massive thing and vie for president. I swear we'll vote you. Never a time have the Yorubas stopped people from voting except this election, and the cause is spiteful comments of GRV on Yorubas. No place will accept that. US and UK won't. South East won't. North definitely won't!

We're easily the most accommodating tribe. It's not only Igbos we accommodate, I roll with lots of people from neighborhing African countries, even Francophone's. We're easily the most cordial - first lady of Ondo, Igbo. Osun's Adeleke, Igbo mother (similar GRV case), Desmond Elliot (Igbo mother), ... Lagos state has many Igbo house of assembly members. Why can't you be objective in your views for once na?
Re: Why Lp Lost In Enugu. by domDva(m): 9:47am On Mar 23, 2023
Body of the write up that I personally composed ?? Lolll my comment was a response to someone about Abia state Sir. I am the author of this thread.

unite4real:

If you didn't read the body of the message, kindly look at the headline again. This time around very slowly

(1) (2) (Reply)

Leaked US Files Show Security Operatives Were Aware Of INEC's Rigging Plan / South South And South East Aren’t One. / Ekiti To Build International Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.