Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,930 members, 7,919,017 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 07:41 PM

Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k (51301 Views)

Angry UBA Customer Grills Bank Staff Over Fraudulent Transactions In His Account / Keke Driver Returned N1.1M To Owner, Rewarded With N200 For Recharge Card / Keke Driver Who Returned Nearly N600K Forgotten By Woman Gets Rewarded. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Lacash: 1:04pm On Mar 23, 2023
onthehill:
Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k (Photos)

A Nigerian auto mechanic identified as Timothy has been rewarded with N50k for returning N10.8m mistakenly sent to his bank account, IGBERETV reports.

One of Timothy's customers, Chinonso Ndukwe, disclosed this on Facebook, saying that Timothy narrated the story to him when he met him on Tuesday.

Sharing a photo he took with Timothy, Chinonso wrote;

https://www.facebook.com/100000031214424/posts/pfbid02QJNqfTLJ6HeP8zxdo1FQQHCLyesnKnd8RcffuYhnyLNSHPtTiCfPxtUe733Yq4Fhl/?app=fbl
Didn’t u say the name of the customer is Chinonso Ndukwe, shior….Those flat head generation too dey stingy, dem nor dey give Shishi😆😆

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by shoprite: 1:06pm On Mar 23, 2023
I don't get it. Like the money should have been shared 50/50 or what? He had no choice but to return the money anyway, else he'll be traced and arrested. So if you ask me . . .N50k is a good deal for money you didn't work for, it is an error that could happen to anyone. If the tables turned, how much will the mechanic be willing to part with for the return of his own money ? What goes around, comes back around . . .Live with it!
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by blowjohn(m): 1:06pm On Mar 23, 2023
buygala:

grin..

The act of even withdrawing money from one's account, when one knows it was accidentally sent to him, and thus isn't and can't be his own is already plenty shades of criminal..

Double wahala is when he withdraws the money and invests it with the hope of making a profit and returning the principal sum, only for the investment to crash grin

But the money will be mixed with his own money na.
Besides he can even claim he was expecting money frm family members or friends.

In any case he has every right to withdraw money from his account. And he won't need to withdraw all. Maybe like 500k.
As a sharp guy he can even be transferring small money frm other sources to his account within that frame of time to look like it's just business things.

The main thing be say make he sharpaly invest sharp sharp return the money within a week.

2 Likes

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by kioski: 1:07pm On Mar 23, 2023
onthehill:
Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k (Photos)

A Nigerian auto mechanic identified as Timothy has been rewarded with N50k for returning N10.8m mistakenly sent to his bank account, IGBERETV reports.

One of Timothy's customers, Chinonso Ndukwe, disclosed this on Facebook, saying that Timothy narrated the story to him when he met him on Tuesday.

Sharing a photo he took with Timothy, Chinonso wrote;

https://www.facebook.com/100000031214424/posts/pfbid02QJNqfTLJ6HeP8zxdo1FQQHCLyesnKnd8RcffuYhnyLNSHPtTiCfPxtUe733Yq4Fhl/?app=fbl
Isn't it better to have ₦50k he can spend with peace of mind than keep what may bring him trouble even out of no fault of his?
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by blowjohn(m): 1:07pm On Mar 23, 2023
mastermaestro:

The money transferred may not be 'free' money, don't forget. Even the gift might have been squeezed out for him. You would ask, "What if he bolted with the money?" He and his family would have been in deep mess. 50k cash gift isn't that bad though.

Oh yeah I agree with ur point.

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by ozo13(m): 1:09pm On Mar 23, 2023
BOLATINUBU01:
He gat no choice than to return it, cos it will surely be traced, but the guy is trying to play smart to get a better reward, unfortunately he didn't get want he wanted

Good for him sha
something good might still come his way.i see him bn given ambassador of a popular brand

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Asswipemod: 1:11pm On Mar 23, 2023
JASONjnr:
Can somebody try me?

Send just 50k into my account..... Let's see if I can return it or not ...

I want to see what the temptations feels like!!☺️☺️☺️
You're a reflection of what the Nigerian youth should not be. What differentiates you from all these old wicked politicians and retired generals?

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by 9182736455O1999(m): 1:20pm On Mar 23, 2023
Bahamas95:
Honestly I still can't understand how some people mistakenly transfer money into a wrong account......The details of the recipient like name and bank are always displayed so I see no reason why someone should send it to a wrong person.

I received a credit alert of 10k sometime ago from an unknown source. I waited for 3days and nobody contacted me and I spent the money. Even till now I don't know who sent the money.....I wonder how people always make such mistake.
One day when transfering money from one bank to another bank with the ATM machine at one Heritage bank, it didn't displayed the account name.
I new i was taking a big risk but due to the fact that i had limited options i crosschecked the account number up to eight times before sending the money.
I never knew such an ATM would be existing.
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Tradman: 1:27pm On Mar 23, 2023
Ekejoestar:
Good name is better then gold.
but no be where Tinubu dey
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Fcwilly: 1:28pm On Mar 23, 2023
More rewards is coming,am very sure of that.

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by 9182736455O1999(m): 1:30pm On Mar 23, 2023
Aklee4994:
what if the money is been sent to cybercrime gangster like yahoo boy...all this your narration will change even the man that made that mistake will know what’s up..boys go use the money between seconds..do you think
Exactly my thoughts.
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Godfullsam(m): 1:40pm On Mar 23, 2023
Emola12:
the 10k you see for your account last week you return am?

Not me!

Saw 110k in my Polaris account some time last yr, i enquired from my office and they said they are not the one. I reported myself to the bank and the money was taken off after 2 days.
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by lily156: 1:51pm On Mar 23, 2023
He was obviously expecting a bigger reward. In his mind, maybe like 500k. But does he know if the sender of the money is actually the owner of the money?
Nigerians feel entitled to so much from other people. He should have kept the money so that they should have used police to arrest him. He would have spent more than 50k defending himself.
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by ChybuzzDD(m): 1:52pm On Mar 23, 2023
Billionaire2:
50k?
Some people stingy eeh!

Did he return it for the sake of getting a financial reward or because of his own principles and values

I think it's people like you around him that are corrupting and putting him under these unnecessary pressures.

I don't believe his initial intention was just to get some financial reward
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by omoadeleye(m): 2:05pm On Mar 23, 2023
Billionaire2:
50k?
Some people stingy eeh!

Okay, he should have been rewarded with half of the money abi?
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Aboguede(m): 2:10pm On Mar 23, 2023
hssd8nland:
Send your account details

MKe I send aza

I need to be tested shocked
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by manchyme: 2:22pm On Mar 23, 2023
buygala:

This has absolutely nothing to do with being honest.. Honesty is tested when one can make away with such amount with a near-zero chance of getting caught.

In this instance, he had to return the money if he doesn't want to be on the run from the Law, with his bank details clearly showing as the recipient of that money grin

He would have been caught one way or the other if he didn't return that money.. He has saved himself from eating a lot of prison beans, and even got free 50k ontop grin

Nice day at the office for him, if you ask me cool

You're right...
Can you mistakenly transfer your money or company money to me like that N10m? Maybe I'll consider those things and return it. Try me
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Bahamas95(m): 2:25pm On Mar 23, 2023
9182736455O1999:

One day when transfering money from one bank to another bank with the ATM machine at one Heritage bank, it didn't displayed the account name.
I new i was taking a big risk but due to the fact that i had limited options i crosschecked the account number up to eight times before sending the money.
I never knew such an ATM would be existing.
Some ATMs don't display names at times and I abort immediately......I would rather use POS and get my slip as evidence instead of taking that risk.
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by ViceGovernor: 2:26pm On Mar 23, 2023
Ekejoestar:
Good name is better then gold.
I beg to differ sir in this case I think the guy was stupid.
Deep down he is regretting his action especially after seeing the meagre reward.
Me I would have bounced it between several accounts and disappear cheesy
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Esales(m): 2:27pm On Mar 23, 2023
If he doesn't go to the bank and sign papers, the bank has no right to debit that money from his account. At most, the money will just sit in the account and with the recent CBN juicy rates, in one year, he should have nothing less than 1.8m, make we dey go court... Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by perpeling22(f): 2:28pm On Mar 23, 2023
willi926:
Ara agbala good sameritan. grin.
Hahahaha. ihe nke a adiro gi egwu. Ndi aka gum.
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by ViceGovernor: 2:30pm On Mar 23, 2023
Billionaire2:
50k?
Some people stingy eeh!

Exactly. E no bad if them give am the 800k on top I swr.
Cause the guy can easily disappear with that whole 10m+ and nothing go happen.
Trust naija police at your own peril them go too use that sender shine grin for their mind God don bless them with maga

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by dododawa1: 2:33pm On Mar 23, 2023
He try
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by willi926(m): 2:34pm On Mar 23, 2023
perpeling22:

Hahahaha. ihe nke a adiro gi egwu. Ndi aka gum.
Lol odikwa m egwu ooo

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by dododawa1: 2:34pm On Mar 23, 2023
#200 to #500k will have be ok
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by Toosure70: 2:37pm On Mar 23, 2023
50k better than jail
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by ogbe88(m): 3:04pm On Mar 23, 2023
buygala:

As e run comot this country, Shey e go run with im next of kin whose contacts and details e don submit for bank, during sim registration, applying for Driver's License, etc? grin

Bros, if e like make e run go Australia with Pesin moni, say dem no catch am na just because dem no wan catch am.

E dey Cotonou, but dem don put for prison im mama, wife, siblings, friends and all im village people and their Traditional Ruler pending when dem provide am grin.. When e run tire, e go come back.
Lol
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by elonize(m): 3:05pm On Mar 23, 2023
timesupreloaded:
Even 10 trillion can't solve your problem. You will become depressed. You are a trillion times better than those billionaires you envy. Your greed and desires will destroy you completely if you can't find contentment
but d society worship who has money...who dont av is thrown in d bin.
Wen u talk intelligently ppo won't listen cos no cash,but those who talk foolishly, dey praise him

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by buharitill2023: 3:11pm On Mar 23, 2023
Godfullsam:

Not me!

Saw 110k in my Polaris account some time last yr, i enquired from my office and they said they are not the one. I reported myself to the bank and the money was taken off after 2 days.

you dash bank the money,
Banks be like Police
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by buharitill2023: 3:15pm On Mar 23, 2023
buygala:

As e run comot this country, Shey e go run with im next of kin whose contacts and details e don submit for bank, during sim registration, applying for Driver's License, etc? grin

Bros, if e like make e run go Australia with Pesin moni, say dem no catch am na just because dem no wan catch am.

E dey Cotonou, but dem don put for prison im mama, wife, siblings, friends and all im village people and their Traditional Ruler pending when dem provide am grin.. When e run tire, e go come back.
are you a kid,
What concerned the next of kin or family in such mistake,
Even the one you steal, nobody can arrest your family
Re: Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k by bonnyhope: 3:27pm On Mar 23, 2023
JASONjnr:

Calm down na joke I deh joke....☺️☺️

grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Which Profession Do You Think Has The Most Rude Set Of People? / I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. / Josephine, Airport woman who returned money gets her first salary (Photo)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.