Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,674 members, 7,878,975 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 10:32 AM

Living Alone - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Living Alone (368 Views)

The Consequence Of Living Alone / Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be / Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Living Alone by Cheesworld(m): 11:31am On Mar 23, 2023
Hello nairalanders..
I'm a 27 years old guy who has a business.
I live with my sister in her flat, lately we've been having a lott of issues and I actually thought about moving out.

I'm independent, I pay for the room I stay in her flat, I feed my self and I fetch water for the house cos the building doesn't have a running water.

I'm actually scared of taking this necessary step, what's it like out there??

Guys motivate a brother.
Re: Living Alone by Nobody: 1:58pm On Mar 23, 2023
It's okay to move out (you're an adult) but make up with your sister. You two will still need each other. Even if she's the one that'll need you afterwards, don't decline helping when you can. Look out for your sis, bro.

A few things I'm curious about are...

What could be her reason for allowing you pay rent under her roof? Is she your younger sister? It could be a good reason though. But did she ever explain why?
Re: Living Alone by Kobojunkie: 2:00pm On Mar 23, 2023
Cheesworld:
Hello nairalanders..I'm a 27 years old guy who has a business.
I live with my sister in her flat, lately we've been having a lott of issues and I actually thought about moving out. I'm independent, I pay for the room I stay in her flat, I feed my self and I fetch water for the house cos the building doesn't have a running water.
I'm actually scared of taking this necessary step, what's it like out there??
Guys motivate a brother.
Stay where you are for as long as you can. The Nigerian economy as e dey no be for big decisions for small man abeg! Wait till the next president enter and sit down well well. undecided

In the meantime, work on your relationship with your sister to resolve issues you may be having at this time.. undecided
Re: Living Alone by Cheesworld(m): 4:07pm On Mar 23, 2023
kayone2:
It's okay to move out (you're an adult) but make up with your sister. You two will still need each other. Even if she's the one that'll need you afterwards, don't decline helping when you can. Look out for your sis, bro.

A few things I'm curious about are...

What could be her reason for allowing you pay rent under her roof? Is she your younger sister? It could be a good reason though. But did she ever explain why?
Well it's not as if we fight , the quarrels are born out of she trying to subject me to certain psychological stress and me resisting them which in turn leads to exchange of words sometimes when I can't afford to keep calm.

And for your questions,
She is my eldest sister,

Well she never really explained why I had to pay but I got used to it..
Re: Living Alone by Cheesworld(m): 4:08pm On Mar 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Stay where you are for as long as you can. The Nigerian economy as e dey no be for big decisions for small man abeg! Wait till the next president enter and sit down well well. undecided

In the meantime, work on your relationship with your sister to resolve issues you may be having at this time.. undecided
Thank you boss
Re: Living Alone by Nazgul: 4:24pm On Mar 23, 2023
There's nothing as refreshing as enjoying your peace of mind, don't trade anything for it, not even your family member.

And you should also note that there's nothing wrong with you moving out of your current location to another one provided it would give you the peace of mind you seek.

The reality of this matter is that your sister would miss and respect you more when you're gone....So don't be afraid to take that bold step.

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Things Women Do To Manipulate And Control Men / How I Keep Myself Entertained, Without My Husband, In The Loneliest City In Nig / Please, I Want To Ask A Question.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.