Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,607 members, 7,975,370 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 12:12 AM

A Friend Needs An Advice About His Jjob Interview - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A Friend Needs An Advice About His Jjob Interview (256 Views)

Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! / Advice For A Friend... / I Need Advice About My Future Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Friend Needs An Advice About His Jjob Interview by fryo4life(m): 2:48pm On Mar 24, 2023
My close friend needs an advice. He has an interview for a supervisory position in a multinational company on Monday. He has 10 years working experience.

He is scared that he may not be offered the job if he tells the HR he has a job during the interview. It is urgent hiring. That the HR may think he is not a loyal or reliable employee for wanting to change while still in employment with a company. He is asking me if he should lie to them during the interview on coming Monday that he has been out of job since December 2022.

Cause Successful candidates after the job interview are expected to resume on April 3rd. And the salary is very attractive to him. He doesn't want to miss out.

@sisisioge, pocohantas, IyaTola

1 Like

Re: A Friend Needs An Advice About His Jjob Interview by sisisioge: 3:05pm On Mar 24, 2023
fryo4life:
My close friend needs an advice. He has an interview for a supervisory position in a multinational company on Monday. He has 10 years working experience.

He is scared that he may not be offered the job if he tells the HR he has a job during the interview. It is urgent hiring. That the HR may think he is not a loyal or reliable employee for wanting to change while still in employment with a company. He is asking me if he should lie to them during the interview on coming Monday that he has been out of job since December 2022.

Cause Successful candidates after the job interview are expected to resume on April 3rd. And the salary is very attractive to him. He doesn't want to miss out.

@sisisioge, poco.hantas, Iya.Tola

Hmmmm, did they specify earlier that only people not currently working should apply? If not, it shouldn't be a problem.

He need not lie about currently having a job. Let him just embellish the exist process of his current place of work a bit. Eg, that he is able to pay in lieu of notice and that he's been training his successor as he anticipated his exit in the first quarter of this year. That way, he will sound like a honorable considerate employee that wont leave them too cold when better opportunity presents itself. Besides, unless your friend is willing to omit the current place of employment from his history, they will eventually find out during reference check. Good luck.
Re: A Friend Needs An Advice About His Jjob Interview by fryo4life(m): 3:25pm On Mar 24, 2023
sisisioge:

Hmmmm, did they specify earlier that only people not currently working should apply? If not, it shouldn't be a problem.

He need not lie about currently having a job. Let him just embellish the exist process of his current place of work a bit. Eg, that he is able to pay in lieu of notice and that he's been training his successor as he anticipated his exit in the first quarter of this year. That way, he will sound like a honorable considerate employee that wont leave them too cold when better opportunity presents itself. Besides, unless your friend is willing to omit the current place of employment from his history, they will eventually find out during reference check. Good luck.

ok.I will screenshot your advice to him
Re: A Friend Needs An Advice About His Jjob Interview by IyaTola: 11:10am On Mar 27, 2023
Do what you gotta do
fryo4life:

@sisisioge, pocohantas, IyaTola

(1) (Reply)

5 Reason Why You Should Be Proficient In Microsoft Excel / NNPC Or Coca-cola Interview About Russia Ukraine War / 3 Business Ideas For Startup With No Capital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.