Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,455 members, 7,944,263 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 01:33 PM

USA Imposed Sanctions On Uganda For Her Anti Gay Law - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / USA Imposed Sanctions On Uganda For Her Anti Gay Law (1613 Views)

Lesbians Kissing At Anti-gay Protest In France / Meet Honey Suleman: Her Sex Tape Leaked By Jack Pemba In Uganda / Honey Suleman And Jack Pemba Sex Video Leak In Uganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

USA Imposed Sanctions On Uganda For Her Anti Gay Law by Nobody: 6:33am On Mar 25, 2023
USA says it may impose sanctions on Uganda, after the Parliament passed a law that makes being a gay person punishable with up to 10 years in prison.

Relatives, friends and community members are obliged to report gay people.

Gay sex is punishable with up to life in prison.

Help us balance this. There are States in the same USA with anti gay law, but USA impose sanction on countries she consider less powerful. Powerful Eastern countries like Saudi Arabia have the same anti gay law, but USA doesn't impose sanction and will never impose her laws on them, rather USA respect them. Look at what happen during the world cup in Qatar.

Untill we start having sense as Africans, we will always be controlled like this.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Imposed Sanctions On Uganda For Her Anti Gay Law by Nobody: 6:47am On Mar 25, 2023
Please, before anyone start attacking me for talking bad about the abroad they're worshiping, I am not. I'm only passing few points across. And this post is not telling you not to japa, please. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Imposed Sanctions On Uganda For Her Anti Gay Law by Sleekcode: 6:53am On Mar 25, 2023
Uglyman029:
USA says it may impose sanctions on Uganda, after the Parliament passed a law that makes being a gay person punishable with up to 10 years in prison.

Help us balance this. There are States in the same USA with anti gay law, but USA impose sanction on countries she consider less powerful. Powerful Eastern countries like Saudi Arabia have the same anti gay law, but USA doesn't impose sanction and will never impose her laws on them, rather USA respect them. Look at what happen during the world cup in Qatar.

Untill we start having sense as Africans, we will always be controlled like this.

Jesus Bro

If Ugandans give a Bleep about USA far away west and their sanctions they should also sanction USA

Why should this even be news?

What the Bleep or what jurisdictions does the USA have over the constitution of Uganda?

If it was USA that passed this law other countries will be forced to just accept it.

Useless USA

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Imposed Sanctions On Uganda For Her Anti Gay Law by Nobody: 6:56am On Mar 25, 2023
Sleekcode:

Jesus Bro

If Ugandans give a Bleep about USA far away west and their sanctions they should also sanction USA

Why should this even be news?

What the Bleep or what jurisdictions does the USA have over the constitution of Uganda?

If it was USA that passed this law other countries will be forced to just accept it.

Useless USA

We African worship these White countries. In a minute or two , you'll see clueless people bashing this thread thinking I'm bashing their Japa country. It's well

1 Like

Re: USA Imposed Sanctions On Uganda For Her Anti Gay Law by Sleekcode: 7:01am On Mar 25, 2023
Uglyman029:

We African worship these White countries. In a minute or two , you'll see clueless people bashing this thread thinking I'm bashing their Japa country. It's well

No sensible person will do that lol.

Only LGBTQ people on this forum will support USA in this one lol grin

More African countries needs to adopt these laws... seriously can't wait for Russia to nuke some part of that degenerate country

3 Likes

Re: USA Imposed Sanctions On Uganda For Her Anti Gay Law by koladata(m): 7:03am On Mar 25, 2023
I don't understand why americans can't do their gay thing in peace without bringing other countries into it

3 Likes

Re: USA Imposed Sanctions On Uganda For Her Anti Gay Law by obinna58(m): 7:05am On Mar 25, 2023
Uglyman029:

Sanctions differs
Technically you don’t have tangible proof and your write up is incomplete
Let’s just say you don’t know anything you’re saying

1 Like

Re: USA Imposed Sanctions On Uganda For Her Anti Gay Law by Babaken(m): 7:17am On Mar 25, 2023
America think they own the whole world but gradual they are loosing it China, Russia and Brics at large is giving them back to back.

4 Likes

Re: USA Imposed Sanctions On Uganda For Her Anti Gay Law by ednut1(m): 7:35am On Mar 25, 2023
Uglyman029:

in life Rich people and poor people dont have same rights. Also rich/ powerful nations have different rules for poor ones.
See trade relations below for USA and Saudi. What does Uganda have that is of value to USA.
USA or the west are in no position to tell Uganda what to do with gays. Make dem mind their business, the gays in uganda can apply for asylum to enter Usa

1 Like

Re: USA Imposed Sanctions On Uganda For Her Anti Gay Law by Nobody: 8:26am On Mar 25, 2023
ednut1:
in life Rich people and poor people dont have same rights. Also rich/ powerful nations have different rules for poor ones.
See trade relations below for USA and Saudi. What does Uganda have that is of value to USA.
USA or the west are in no position to tell Uganda what to do with gays. Make dem mind their business, the gays in uganda can apply for asylum to enter Usa

Exactly Uganda is a country that has their own law, same as USA.

1 Like

Re: USA Imposed Sanctions On Uganda For Her Anti Gay Law by Nobody: 8:27am On Mar 25, 2023
obinna58:

Sanctions differs
Technically you don’t have tangible proof and your write up is incomplete
Let’s just say you don’t know anything you’re saying

K
Re: USA Imposed Sanctions On Uganda For Her Anti Gay Law by linearity: 8:29am On Mar 25, 2023
Uglyman029:

Do you care to cite any source?

1 Like

Re: USA Imposed Sanctions On Uganda For Her Anti Gay Law by linearity: 8:38am On Mar 25, 2023
Uglyman029:

Do you care to cite any source?

There are no anti gay punitive laws in the US, gay marriages are recognized federally only a few states have certain restrictions and with time those restrictions will work their ways through the court system up to the Supreme Court which would abide by the federal law.

US does not have the power to punish or sanction any country, they will just withdraw their friendship, cooperation, assistance, etc which is better for Africa. If a friend withdrew their friendship because of conflicts in their value systems, I think it is a good thing for both.

After all, most of not all the money and aide poured into Africa goes directly to enrich African politicians, I will even advocate that No Western aide to any Africa country henceforth, believe me, we will fine, we will even be better off.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Imposed Sanctions On Uganda For Her Anti Gay Law by Masterclass32: 8:48am On Mar 25, 2023
The kind of thing they wish for Africa. A lot is happening in Africa but this people are always on about lgbtq.
Re: USA Imposed Sanctions On Uganda For Her Anti Gay Law by Lamanii22(f): 10:03am On Mar 25, 2023
I can’t even raise my kids there, America used to be a country I would love to reside but as it is now i don’t admire it anymore…. It’s even more scary when they are forcing lgbtq down children’s throat 😏😏😏

2 Likes

Re: USA Imposed Sanctions On Uganda For Her Anti Gay Law by YoungCabal: 12:38pm On Mar 25, 2023
Uglyman029:

Your argument is very easy to switch around. You are neglecting the fact that Saudi Arabia is a "muslim country" unlike Uganda that is a "mixed religious country" with different tribes, you can easily say Saudi Arabia are following their Holy book but not in the case of Uganda where few individuals sit down to make choices for the masses. Before that law is put in place, there has to have been some sets of persons practicing homosexuality in Uganda so, it could easily be quoted by the U.S as an attempt to suppress the voices of certain individuals.

Personally, I'm even beginning to suspect that it's a trick by Uganda to make it easier for Ugandans to be granted asylum in the U.S, let's be honest, how many times have you heard on the news that a homosexual has been beaten or killed in Uganda ? If they hated homosexuality that much, we would have seen it in mob action. Don't mind those people, they know what they are doing

1 Like

Re: USA Imposed Sanctions On Uganda For Her Anti Gay Law by Nobody: 3:21pm On Mar 25, 2023
YoungCabal:
Your argument is very easy to switch around. You are neglecting the fact that Saudi Arabia is a "muslim country" unlike Uganda that is a "mixed religious country" with different tribes, you can easily say Saudi Arabia are following their Holy book but not in the case of Uganda where few individuals sit down to make choices for the masses. Before that law is put in place, there has to have been some sets of persons practicing homosexuality in Uganda so, it could easily be quoted by the U.S as an attempt to suppress the voices of certain individuals.

Personally, I'm even beginning to suspect that it's a trick by Uganda to make it easier for Ugandans to be granted asylum in the U.S, let's be honest, how many times have you heard on the news that a homosexual has been beaten or killed in Uganda ? If they hated homosexuality that much, we would have seen it in mob action. Don't mind those people, they know what they are doing

If a country like Russia or China ban gay, would America still sanction them?
Re: USA Imposed Sanctions On Uganda For Her Anti Gay Law by YoungCabal: 4:03pm On Mar 25, 2023
Uglyman029:

If a country like Russia or China ban gay, would America still sanction them?
Lol! America always has a way to make sure you pay for your actions no matter who you are, both Russia and China have collected their own fair share of treatment. Uganda has too many problems to make LGBT law their top priority, either they are just chasing clout or scheming up for mass migration using the LGBT asylum card.

2 Likes

Re: USA Imposed Sanctions On Uganda For Her Anti Gay Law by LikeAking: 7:49pm On Mar 25, 2023
USA no fit.
Re: USA Imposed Sanctions On Uganda For Her Anti Gay Law by Flamemignon1(m): 6:34pm On Mar 26, 2023
Uglyman029:

It's obvious you didn't read the bill in Uganda but you just wanna bitch and moan like the bigot you are.

First and foremost,the bill will imprison anyone who identifies as LGBTQ+,notice the word "identity",not even caught in the "act". When signed,it will make it illegal for anyone to say they are gay....in the middle east and even GCC countries, there's no law against identity as LGBTQ+,just don't be caught in the act or fight for their rights,so now do you understand the difference and why they are sanctioning them and not the middle east?
Re: USA Imposed Sanctions On Uganda For Her Anti Gay Law by Flamemignon1(m): 6:38pm On Mar 26, 2023
koladata:
I don't understand why americans can't do their gay thing in peace without bringing other countries into it
LoL,they are not forcing anyone in your country to accept it,they just don't want anything to do with y'all,get it? At least now, Uganda will focus more on their corrupt nation
Re: USA Imposed Sanctions On Uganda For Her Anti Gay Law by Flamemignon1(m): 6:40pm On Mar 26, 2023
ednut1:
Uhhhh....the USA isn't imposing anything,afterall it's a sovereign nation,they just don't want anything to do with them. Shikena!!!
Re: USA Imposed Sanctions On Uganda For Her Anti Gay Law by Flamemignon1(m): 6:42pm On Mar 26, 2023
Lamanii22:
I can’t even raise my kids there, America used to be a country I would love to reside but as it is now i don’t admire it anymore…. It’s even more scary when they are forcing lgbtq down children’s throat 😏😏😏
No one asked you,raise your kids in the hellhole you call a country
Re: USA Imposed Sanctions On Uganda For Her Anti Gay Law by Flamemignon1(m): 6:43pm On Mar 26, 2023
YoungCabal:

At the bolded,you don't live in Uganda so you can never know,you can make your own research about news like that
Re: USA Imposed Sanctions On Uganda For Her Anti Gay Law by Lamanii22(f): 7:36pm On Mar 26, 2023
Flamemignon1:

No one asked you,raise your kids in the hellhole you call a country

Thank you, would raise them here…. I’m proudly Nigerian
Re: USA Imposed Sanctions On Uganda For Her Anti Gay Law by YoungCabal: 8:11pm On Mar 26, 2023
Flamemignon1:

At the bolded,you don't live in Uganda so you can never know,you can make your own research about news like that
Fam, the world is a global village, if there was, we would have heard.
Re: USA Imposed Sanctions On Uganda For Her Anti Gay Law by Flamemignon1(m): 9:09pm On Mar 26, 2023
YoungCabal:
Fam, the world is a global village, if there was, we would have heard.
And I'm telling you buddy,we can never know because we don't live there
Re: USA Imposed Sanctions On Uganda For Her Anti Gay Law by Freo(m): 9:14pm On Mar 26, 2023
Sleekcode:

No sensible person will do that lol.

Only LGBTQ people on this forum will support USA in this one lol grin

More African countries needs to adopt these laws... seriously can't wait for Russia to nuke some part of that degenerate country

Keep it low, the Internet has ears.
Re: USA Imposed Sanctions On Uganda For Her Anti Gay Law by YoungCabal: 9:43pm On Mar 26, 2023
Flamemignon1:

And I'm telling you buddy,we can never know because we don't live there
Haba nau, there would have been at least few twitter threads about it by certain individuals even if registered news outlets didn't report the incidents. I'm still of the opinion that they are either chasing clout or seeking to cut corners for migration through asylum.
Re: USA Imposed Sanctions On Uganda For Her Anti Gay Law by GeneralPula: 11:02pm On Mar 26, 2023
USA needs to understand that we're no more in the year 1734. The era of people doing anything for USA visa is over. Now, it's more of if it happens, cool. If not, cool..

You can't be forcing LGBTQ on nations like say you feeding them all. God punish them & their sanction..

(1) (Reply)

I Don't Want To Be A Feminist Anymore! / Can You Interfere With Your Siblings Romantic Life? / I'm Having A Crush On Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.