Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,881 members, 7,899,176 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 08:22 AM

Spiritual Wife/husband: Is It Scriptural? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Spiritual Wife/husband: Is It Scriptural? (282 Views)

Spiritualist Uses Machete To Liberate Man From Spiritual Wife (photo) / The Truth About Spiritual Wife & Husband According To The Bible / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Spiritual Wife Or Husband: There Is Nothing Like That (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spiritual Wife/husband: Is It Scriptural? by elated177: 3:56pm On Mar 25, 2023
El Elohe Yahshrael!

Nope! It is not. I have never seen such a thing in the Scriptures. I may be wrong, though, since I can't claim to have read all the Scriptures. So, those with scriptural knowledge on spiritual wife/husband, especially the propagators and disseminators of such idea, should do the needful and enlighten us.

Could it be that this idea of spiritual wife/husband is an invention of man or demons?

El Elohe Yahshrael! Hallelu YAH!
Re: Spiritual Wife/husband: Is It Scriptural? by Nebes: 5:14pm On Mar 25, 2023
Read the book of Tobit in the good news or new Jerusalem bible.

It is one of the apocryphal books of the holy bible. It tells the story of Sarah who had a spirit killing her husband's (~7 of them) on her wedding night.
Re: Spiritual Wife/husband: Is It Scriptural? by elated177: 10:22pm On Mar 25, 2023
Nebes, I had to read that part of the book of Tobit again. Even if such story was true, it doesn't support the idea of spiritual wife/husband. Where else in the Scriptures can such story be found?

So, a supposed angel/messenger of God couldn't drive away a demon, not even a fallen messenger, but had to depend on the smoke from the burnt liver and heart of a fish. This can't be of YHVH Almighty.

If the book of Tobit is genuine, then, something was added to the genuine part.
Re: Spiritual Wife/husband: Is It Scriptural? by elated177: 10:23pm On Mar 25, 2023
I am not really surprised. The idea of spiritual wife/husband has no scriptural backing.
Re: Spiritual Wife/husband: Is It Scriptural? by elated177: 12:42pm On Apr 10, 2023
Let no one deceive you.
Re: Spiritual Wife/husband: Is It Scriptural? by elated177: 9:44pm On May 08, 2023
Apt!

(1) (Reply)

What The Church Has Become / Deleted / Peace On Earth - How Will It Come?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.