Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,499 members, 7,904,905 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 09:19 PM

When Things Slow Down In Our Lives! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Things Slow Down In Our Lives! (779 Views)

Paigey Miller: 25-year-old Woman Lives As Full-time Baby In US / “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady / 133-Year-Old Woman Who Lives On Top Of Olumo Rock (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Things Slow Down In Our Lives! by Brownshoe: 6:09pm On Mar 25, 2023
You are not getting that beautiful relationship/marriage, that financial prospect, that dream job, that contract, business bliss, etc.
When you consult some acclaim wise persons, they will tell you' you are not smart enough, some' you are not prayerful, to some you are not moving with the right people, oh! You are a sinner that why is like that for you,

Then many among them believe well it's your destiny. Which side do you go with? Is it that they are all right.

2 Likes

Re: When Things Slow Down In Our Lives! by Wodu89: 6:11pm On Mar 25, 2023
Nice discussion point
Re: When Things Slow Down In Our Lives! by Kobojunkie: 6:24pm On Mar 25, 2023
Brownshoe:
■ You are not getting that beautiful relationship/marriage, that financial prospect, that dream job, that contract, business bliss, etc. When you consult some acclaim wise persons, they will tell you' you are not smart enough, some' you are not prayerful, to some you are not moving with the right people, oh! You are a sinner that why is like that for you,
■ Then many among them believe well it's your destiny. Which side do you go with? Is it that they are all right.
1. I can definitively state that none of it has to do with prayer. As for sin, well here goes. The entire religion of Christianity is nothing but a systemic tool built by men with which to gain power and control over the lives of other men. Christianity is in no way directly associated with God, the same with every other religion out there. Another way to look at it is this. Jesus Christ never gave men religion, so religion has nothing to do with Jesus Christ. undecided

2. Honestly, I think your number one problem is assuming there is a set template for all to live up to as far as life is concerned. So what if all that you have on your list hasn't shown up or none of it seems to be coming, does that mean you cease to be a full-fledged human by that? Nah! undecided

2 Likes

Re: When Things Slow Down In Our Lives! by Nazgul: 9:08pm On Mar 25, 2023
Brownshoe:
You are not getting that beautiful relationship/marriage, that financial prospect, that dream job, that contract, business bliss, etc.
When you consult some acclaim wise persons, they will tell you' you are not smart enough, some' you are not prayerful, to some you are not moving with the right people, oh! You are a sinner that why is like that for you,

Then many among them believe well it's your destiny. Which side do you go with? Is it that they are all right.
I've come to understand that in order to get something out of this life, you must discover your purpose in life, then focus all your energy on achieving that purpose, you must invest in yourself, develop yourself, pray for yourself...etc.

It's never anyone's destiny to become a failure, but wrong choices, your lifestyle, the kind of people you surround yourself with, lack of focus and distractions are what slow down people's lives.

If you want to become a billionaire, listen to billionaires, live like them, think outside the box, change your circle of lazy friends who can't motivate you to do anything useful for yourself aside toasting girls, learn about investments, go outside and pay to learn a trade, learn how to manage money, drop dangerous habits, date girls who can add to your life, avoid religious people and take advice from people whose lives are making visible progress....if you follow this path, I strongly believe that failure would be far from you.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Things Slow Down In Our Lives! by Wodu89: 9:18pm On Mar 25, 2023
Na over thinking dey cause all these kind of comments
Re: When Things Slow Down In Our Lives! by Brownshoe: 9:22pm On Mar 25, 2023
But unfortunately those people you mention who are making viable progress if you deep down to their progress is not really a clean one, very few work harder for what they achieve, very few
Nazgul:

I've come to understand that in order to get something out of this life, you must discover your purpose in life, then focus all your energy on achieving that purpose, you must invest in yourself, develop yourself, pray for yourself...etc.

It's never anyone's destiny to become a failure, but wrong choices, your lifestyle, the kind of people you surround yourself with, lack of focus and distractions are what slow down people's lives.

If you want to become a billionaire, listen to billionaires, live like them, think outside the box, change your circle of lazy friends who can't motivate you to do anything useful for yourself aside toasting girls, learn about investments, go outside and pay to learn a trade, learn how to manage money, drop dangerous habits, date girls who can add to your life, avoid religious people and take advice from people whose lives are making visible progress....if you follow this path, I strongly believe that failure would be far from you.
Re: When Things Slow Down In Our Lives! by Kobojunkie: 9:24pm On Mar 25, 2023
Brownshoe:
But unfortunately those people you mention who are making viable progress if you deep down to their progress is not really a clean one, very few work harder for what they achieve, very few
So, you want to be "clean" and successful, in Nigeria? undecided
Re: When Things Slow Down In Our Lives! by Nazgul: 9:34pm On Mar 25, 2023
Brownshoe:
A lot of people are making clean progress in Nigeria, it all boils down to the kind of people you look up to for motivation.

I have an uncle who imports LG electronics directly from Korea. He's doing perfectly well and making clean progress. He has his own block of flats at okota courtesy of his progress. I personally used to stay with him some during my schooling days whenever we're on holidays just to learn how the trade is. It's there I learnt how to import goods, how to contact shipping companies, and how you must give your products art numbers to differentiate them, register them with their art numbers on your system (he was using tally accounting software then) I learnt so much from him.

So if you keep having this mindset that all successful people are engaging in one form of dirty deal or the other, you'll end up not achieving anything with your life, cos you'd keep judging and condemning them, rather than working hard to become better than them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Things Slow Down In Our Lives! by gerizzim: 10:25pm On Mar 25, 2023
Brownshoe:

it's at that point we need mentorship and positioning.
By positioning,poor man this evening can become very rich before it gets to the next 48hrs.
If a man in the trenches by luck or by intention or divine order runs into a rich or well to do person and gets that push ,his broke ass and miserable story wil change immediately for good.

Most of diz people doing well today were below average and also struggling few years back .they were fortunate to be positioned where their helper met dem. Ask them,they wil tell you.

We all need guidance and direction. Dt is where mentorship does the magic. somebody dt Hz done it before Nd knows the way. if you interface with person dt wil show you the rope, you wil make it very fast and quick.

3 Likes

Re: When Things Slow Down In Our Lives! by FalseProphet1(m): 8:59am On Mar 26, 2023
Nazgul:

Why should religious people be avoided. Most of them have helped so many people find their way in life.

This I have seen.
Re: When Things Slow Down In Our Lives! by Nazgul: 11:00am On Mar 26, 2023
FalseProphet1:

Why should religious people be avoided. Most of them have helped so many people find their way in life.

This I have seen.
Most of them are also paranoid. They attribute all your problems to either spiritual attack, lack of paying tithes, poor prayer lifestyle...etc.

You cannot have any logical conversation with them. If you tell them your problem, they'll drag you to church, the little money you don't have, you'll use it to sow seed to their pastor. At the end of the day, after all your prayers, fasting, attending all programs, your problem remains.

I prefer to surround myself with people that can offer logical and realistic solutions to whatever I'm going through, than someone who would tell me to fast and pray without doing anything.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Things Slow Down In Our Lives! by Brownshoe: 1:10pm On Mar 26, 2023
Thank God I created this thread, if You will oblige, I want to be ur student, teach me what you learn from your brother " the in and out of shipping"
Nazgul:

A lot of people are making clean progress in Nigeria, it all boils down to the kind of people you look up to for motivation.

I have an uncle who imports LG electronics directly from Korea. He's doing perfectly well and making clean progress. He has his own block of flats at okota courtesy of his progress. I personally used to stay with him some during my schooling days whenever we're on holidays just to learn how the trade is. It's there I learnt how to import goods, how to contact shipping companies, and how you must give your products art numbers to differentiate them, register them with their art numbers on your system (he was using tally accounting software then) I learnt so much from him.

So if you keep having this mindset that all successful people are engaging in one form of dirty deal or the other, you'll end up not achieving anything with your life, cos you'd keep judging and condemning them, rather than working hard to become better than them.
Re: When Things Slow Down In Our Lives! by Brownshoe: 1:13pm On Mar 26, 2023
Kobojunkie:
is that not possible, "what shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world and loss his soul"
Re: When Things Slow Down In Our Lives! by Wodu89: 1:30pm On Mar 26, 2023
Kobojunkie:

You're are very silly for saying such. I am a believer, I make clean money, I consider myself rich. Also rich in Christ and successful
Re: When Things Slow Down In Our Lives! by Kobojunkie: 1:38pm On Mar 26, 2023
Brownshoe:
■ is that not possible, "what shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world and loss his soul"
Look, I already made it clear earlier that when it comes to Jesus Christ, making it rich is antichrist. What most who claim to be Christian conveniently ignore is the fact that Jesus Christ taught that His followers are to abandon their earthly treasures and possessions, as well as even family, children, friends, reputation, etc., in other to become worthy of Him. He literally said they are instead to store up treasures for themselves in Heaven and the riches and successes of this world cannot enter into Heaven . So, leave God and His mention out of this. undecided

As for my earlier question, it's not impossible but all the more reason why you should not pace yourself at the same rate at those who cut corners wherever possible. Well over 83% of Nigerians are struggling even in business for obvious reasons and they don't mind greasing as many palms as they can to stay afloat. You don't want to grease palms or take corners, so you may want to learn to be patient in your endeavors. undecided

1 Like

Re: When Things Slow Down In Our Lives! by Nazgul: 8:29pm On Mar 26, 2023
Brownshoe:
Thank God I created this thread, if You will oblige, I want to be ur student, teach me what you learn from your brother " the in and out of shipping"
There's nothing special about shipping. It's all about what exactly you're bringing into the country.

Since it was electronics he (my uncle) was bringing in, we signed the contract and registered it under dry cargo. There are different categories of cargos based on the kind of goods you're importing.

If you're bringing in perishable goods like frozen fish, frozen birds, fruits, vegetables...etc. You'll register your contract under refrigerated cargo. It's quite different and more expensive than dry cargo.

There's dangerous cargo for those bringing in factory chemicals.

Once you finish sorting everything with the logistics (shipping) company on their website and make full payment, your containers would arrive between 5-8 weeks. This is from Korea to Nigeria. I believe it would be either longer or shorter in some countries because of distance.

So the simple question here is what are you planning on importing? From there it would be a lot easier to know the cheapest company, the fastest and the one with less stress.

1 Like

Re: When Things Slow Down In Our Lives! by Brownshoe: 11:16pm On Mar 26, 2023
I like to import used fridge and Ac, bro if you don't mind let email or WhatsApp contact to speak at length
Nazgul:

There's nothing special about shipping. It's all about what exactly you're bringing into the country.

Since it was electronics he (my uncle) was bringing in, we signed the contract and registered it under dry cargo. There are different categories of cargos based on the kind of goods you're importing.

If you're bringing in perishable goods like frozen fish, frozen birds, fruits, vegetables...etc. You'll register your contact under refrigerated cargo. It's quite different and more expensive than dry cargo.

There's dangerous cargo for those bringing in factory chemicals.

Once you finish sorting everything with the logistics (shipping) company on their website and make full payment, your containers would arrive between 5-8 weeks. This is from Korea to Nigeria. I believe it would be either longer or shorter in some countries because of distance.

So the simple question here is what are you planning on importing? From there it would be a lot easier to know the cheapest company, the fastest and the one with less stress.
Re: When Things Slow Down In Our Lives! by Nazgul: 7:47am On Mar 27, 2023
Brownshoe:
I like to import used fridge and Ac, bro if you don't mind let email or WhatsApp contact to speak at length
Ok. Send me a DM.
Re: When Things Slow Down In Our Lives! by emmanuelbrown26: 8:27am On Mar 27, 2023
Nazgul:

U HV SAID IT ALL BRO. FOR ONE TO MOVE AHEAD IN LIFE, ONE HAS TO KNOWND KIND OF FRIENDS U ASSOCIATE URSELF WITH

(1) (Reply)

I’m Dying Please Don’t Ignore Me �� / Do You Want To Have A Successful Relationship / London Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.