Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,177 members, 7,880,671 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:09 AM

Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely (14163 Views)

Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? / Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by Gloriagee(f): 5:49pm On Mar 26, 2023
Well...

candyguyofficia:

I'm not really against the woman telling the husband although telling him will definitely lead to a major confrontation except the man do not have action. My major concern is that she is soo gullible and naive, she has a wife is the reason why most married men do not live long.

Now the husband is the poster husband for everything a bad husband is and her testimony if not don well or done right will make the husband look like a beast and that she was forced by her husband to testify in church to discredit the "pastor"
Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by harmony75: 6:55pm On Mar 26, 2023
Why not to clear your conscience so you don't Harbour malice in your heart. Pastor is a human being can make mistakes. Moreover your story is lies how can a man of God display such?? Una too dey lie for here no story is real una must add Maggi, knorr cubes inside mmmm
Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by postmann: 7:21pm On Mar 26, 2023
paxonel:
what is dumb is when people refuse to understand that there is time for everything.
There was time for the old covenant when tithing was practiced by the Jews and God wasn't against it. But the moment Christ established the new covenant tithing seized to exist just like sacrificing of animals seized to exist.

If one is giving to the church no wahalla.
But when a pastor is quoting old testament saying that you should tithe then he is playing on your intelligence, you don't know

The devil evolves and tithing is his new tool of deception. It works against Christians with elements of greed. CHRIST was clear about tithing. So clear that no debate is necessary.

Mat 23:23
“What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law—justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things."

That tithing is less important than Justice, mercy and faith doesn't render it abolished. You should tithe, says CHRIST.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by paxonel(m): 8:22pm On Mar 26, 2023
postmann:

“What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law—justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things."
you are not getting it!
Jesus was talking to the Pharisees here, not Christians.
You are a Christian what's your business with tithing?

Tithing was a Law to the Pharisees and the Jews, not a law to the gentiles.

Not all laws are important as the scripture suggest. But what is important is justice, mercy and faith.

It's like prostrating before elders is a law to the Yoruba culture and Christ will encourage the yorubas to obey their law because he is law abiding. but he will never compel an igbo man to prostrate, because it is not a law to the igbo culture. That is how Jesus saw tithing.

He will encourage the Jews to tithe because he want them to be law abiding. But he will never never compel the gentiles to tithe because tithing isn't their thing.

So why are Christians today killing themselves over a law that is not their own?
Even the current day Jews don't tithe anymore

That tithing is less important than Justice, mercy and faith doesn't render it abolished. You should tithe, says CHRIST.
you can't compel me to tithe I'm not a jew.
If i do tithe because i saw the Jews practicing the law in the bible, then I'm most ignorant
Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by postmann: 8:38pm On Mar 26, 2023
paxonel:
you are not getting it!

Not all laws are important as the scripture suggest. But what is important is justice, mercy and faith.

It's like prostrating before elders is a law to the Yoruba culture and Christ will encourage the yorubas to obey their law because he is law abiding. but he will never compel an igbo man to prostrate, because it is not a law to the igbo culture. That is how Jesus saw tithing.

He will encourage the Jews to tithe because he want them to be law abiding. But he will never never compel the gentiles to tithe because tithing isn't their thing.

So why are Christians today killing themselves over a law that is not their own?
Even the current day Jews don't tithe anymore
you can't compel me to tithe I'm not a jew.
If i do tithe because i saw the Jews practicing the law in the bible, then I'm most ignorant

Your postulation has no scriptural backing but one conceived from deception.

So was CHRIST also referring to the Jews alone when HE was telling them about the importance of Mercy, justice and faith?
You can as well imply from your own delusion that CHRUST wasn't referring to christians, just Jews when HE put the law straight about one man one wife, when HE emphasised on adultery of the heart or murder by just hating your brother. HE wasn't referring to you in all those scriptures, HE was referring to the Jews alone, since HIS audience were Jewish people right?

Since I've shown you tithing in the new testament (as you falsely claimed it didn't exist there) you need a new twist, another dumb one for that matter to support your delusion. Every Jewish custom or practiced that the Pharisees brought in as GOD's law was exposed and rejected by CHRIST (mat 15:3).

No need addressing your deception any further. You're lost Telling someone to go retrieve tithes and offerings made overtime to a pastor puts you on a special category of souls needing help. Even from a mere secular standard that was appalling.
Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by paxonel(m): 8:41pm On Mar 26, 2023
Use your brain and think over this
LoveJesus87:

Even the current day Jews or Israelites don't tithe anymore
LoveJesus87:
And you expect me to answer you No naw. I have work to do. If Malachi 3 vs 8-10 can't help you, then whoever attempts to reply you on this subject is only wasting precious time.

Have a good day
if anyone quote Malachi to you this current dispensation he is a thief.
Malachi is old testament and under the old covenant for that matter
Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by Yayi229: 9:06pm On Mar 26, 2023
Mummytoo:
Good morning nlanders

Happy Sunday to u all

I'm eager to know if its wrong to confront a pastor, because all my life I hate going pastors for anything, something happened on Monday, I didn't know who else to talk to ....so I went to the alter to pray and met with my pastor, I explained what happened between my husband and I and he settled the matter sweetly . I was so happy to have peace and joy back in my marriage till yesterday (Saturday) pastor called me out of that plenty congregation and told d church everything including what my husband has been hiding for years, he even added more things that didn't even happen to the story😂. I was just quiet and respectful since I wasn't expecting him to behave like that.

He prayed for me and I just left, he started getting angry that I can't even praise for my healing me or dancing round, I was just shocked at everything happening I left to the backyard and later went in again.

Immediately I got home I told my husband how he's image has been tarnished in church for what he didn't do, we had a misunderstanding and pastor said he flogged me (that didn't happen)

Is it wrong to confront him....
Coz I will act like I'm going to testify and correct that wrong impression he said about my husband

Just one time experience with pastor is killing me like this

You wan make e swear for you shebi...all these pastors wey dey lick olugbohun steady
Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by paxonel(m): 9:11pm On Mar 26, 2023
postmann:

Your postulation has no scriptural backing but one conceived from deception.
which of my postulation? Be specific

So was CHRIST also referring to the Jews alone when HE was telling them about Mercy, justice and faith?
no!
Mercy, justice and faith is for everyone

You can as well imply from your own deduction that CHRUST wasn't referring to christians, just Jews.
as a matter of fact, nobody was a Christian: meaning, there was nothing like Christianity on earth as at the time Jesus was talking to the Pharisees over this issue.
So why will you then think that Jesus was also talking to Christians?
If you think like that you are only assuming. And that assumption isn't correct because there was nothing like Christianity at that time.

Like when HE put the law straight about one man one wife, or when he emphasised on adultery of the heart or murder by just hating your brother. HE wasn't referring to you in all those scriptures, HE was referring to the Jews alone.
when you read scriptures look at it this way, that he was talking to a set of people who existed at the time he was talking. Not that he was talking to you and me who live today.
However, if you choose to practice monogamy today, you are doing it not because you saw it in the bible that Jesus intitututed it. You are doing it because you have seen that monogamy is better than polygamy.
The same thing applies to thou shall not kill.
You will not kill not because you saw it written in the bible thou shall not kill. But rather, you will not kill because you know that killing is bad.

Imagine, just like the way you saw Jesus encouraging the Pharisees to tithe, assuming he also encouraged them to kill, will you now kill because you saw Jesus encouraging the Pharisees to do so?

You must understand that justice, mercy and faith is most important irrespective of religion. That's why jesus Christ put it first to the Pharisees over tithing
Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by civboy: 9:39pm On Mar 26, 2023
No. You have to tell him politely that what he did was wrong and that he should never repeat it. That's it. The Lord said that if someone do you harm, you should tell them in private first and have private reconciliation if they're willing.
Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by DrDunamis(m): 9:50pm On Mar 26, 2023
Mummytoo:
Good morning nlanders

Happy Sunday to u all

I'm eager to know if its wrong to confront a pastor, because all my life I hate going pastors for anything, something happened on Monday, I didn't know who else to talk to ....so I went to the alter to pray and met with my pastor, I explained what happened between my husband and I and he settled the matter sweetly . I was so happy to have peace and joy back in my marriage till yesterday (Saturday) pastor called me out of that plenty congregation and told d church everything including what my husband has been hiding for years, he even added more things that didn't even happen to the story😂. I was just quiet and respectful since I wasn't expecting him to behave like that.

He prayed for me and I just left, he started getting angry that I can't even praise for my healing me or dancing round, I was just shocked at everything happening I left to the backyard and later went in again.

Immediately I got home I told my husband how he's image has been tarnished in church for what he didn't do, we had a misunderstanding and pastor said he flogged me (that didn't happen)

Is it wrong to confront him....
Coz I will act like I'm going to testify and correct that wrong impression he said about my husband

Just one time experience with pastor is killing me like this

When you come here with matters like this just know that you're being setup by satan for massive destruction. No matter how right you think you are, shun such ungodly and ill thoughts from your mind. If the misunderstanding you had with your husband after your angrily left isn't enough signal for you to watch yourself, I don't know what else is for you oh.
Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by Nobody: 8:49am On Mar 27, 2023
Confrontation is confrontation.
Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by imagineheaven(m): 2:42pm On Mar 28, 2023
Dirkcoyt:
You’re a reckless woman, a naive woman, a stupid woman, you’re everything a man should never marry if he wants to go far in life and if he wants so sort of peace knowing fully well his wife can handle the home.

You carried your marriage matter to pastor cause you worship pastor , now same pastor attacked you yet you said they removed the mic when you were about to speak can’t you see how you brought shame and disrespect to your family ? And you’re still saying you want to confront him politely , you’re saying no one can confront him cause what he says comes to pass , where do men find naive and dumb women like you Omo I rather stay single than marry someone like you Omo you’re not intelligent at all!

Your mumu too much. You’re timid, lack self esteem, and not smart obviously. The best bet for you is to discover yourself, reinvent yourself and go wan aura of self respect so people can treat you highly . Omo I had to login in to comment after many months of not commenting on this platform.

If you love yourself get out of that church, and stay off church for awhile till you reinvent yourself cause I’m sure you don’t even know who you are yet and this will affect you in every area of your life people will never respect you ! That’s why your husband don’t even respect you!

And some people saying the husband should meet the pastor ?? The husband has no business with him. The stupid pastor can go Bleep himself

iltering off the abusive words, you said my mind. How would you take your marriage affairs to a pastor that probably cant contend his family issues? Keep your marriage affairs scared. Not every of your immediate family is supposed to know whats going on in your home talk more of these hustlers parading as pastors. We all have equal access to GOD. keep his commandment and he will lead and guide you. Pray for wisdom cos you need it. Stop disgracing your husband. PEace!
Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by Kobojunkie: 1:48am On May 06, 2023
Lasgidi90:
Shebi na una dey talk say "Touch not my anointed, and do my prophet no harm". Una never see anything. Make una dey carry pastor matter for head like crayfish.
Don't fall for the soundbites fed you by your pastors and mogs, always go back and verify for yourself.
6 You belong to the family of his servant Abraham. You are descendants of Jacob, the people God chose.
7 The Lord is our God. He rules the whole world.
8 He will remember his agreement forever. He will always keep the promises he made to his people.
9 He will keep the agreement he made with Abraham and the promise he made to Isaac.
10 He gave it as a law to Jacob. He gave it to Israel as an agreement that will last forever!
11 He said, “I will give you the land of Canaan. It will be your very own.”
12 At the time God said this, there were only a few of his people, and they were strangers there.
13 They traveled around from nation to nation, from one kingdom to another.
14 But the Lord did not let anyone mistreat them. He warned kings not to harm them.
15 He said, “Don’t hurt my chosen people. Don’t harm my prophets.” - Psalm 115 vs 4 - 15
See from the above that God made that statement regarding all of the children of Israel and the prophets in the land. And that warning was meant by God for all the foreign kings and peoples of the foreign nations through which He took His chosen people? undecided
Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by Kobojunkie: 11:06pm On May 06, 2023
PROPHETmichael:
Chances are the congregation will still think you're lying while the pastor is right. Meet him after service instead and explain to him, maybe he misunderstood you and interpreted it his own way. You self, how God go restore your marriage and u no wan testify inorder to encourage other believers who are going through similar situation? Finally, know who you share your problem with, he might be a pastor but lacks pastoral training.
Sadly! No need to confront him. I think the best is to file charges against him where possible. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

T.B Joshua Predicted The Nigeria Floods / Holy Ghost School / Saved by grace alone - A filthy doctrine of demons. Please beware!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.