Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,786 members, 7,941,960 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 04:47 PM

Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? (6232 Views)

Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth / You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh / 8 Important Ways We Can Develop Our Faith As Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by Rorbin: 12:58pm On Mar 26, 2023
100% Yes
Exodus 33:19 says it all....
Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by timisquare82(m): 1:10pm On Mar 26, 2023
Prayers without faith amounts to nothing,
Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by Aklee4994(m): 1:12pm On Mar 26, 2023
Nebes:

All you see, hear and read is not all there is.
It takes a lot of faith to do what Elon Musk does. The question is faith in what or who?

Whatever the answer to the above question is requires maintenance. That maintenance becomes a form of prayer.

I am not speaking for Christianity. All I'm saying is that even atheism requires a lot faith to believe in nothing.
you just tied the knot 🪢
Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by headboyprince(m): 1:44pm On Mar 26, 2023
ogwumgbe:

Rich men who don't go to Church belong somewhere they will not divulge. Atheists don't believe in God but they believe in nature and appl its principles, which means that they are under satan control. As a christian or even a muslim, if you do not pray very hard, omo your life will be totally messed up, no two ways about that, Muslims praying five times a day are not fools and Christians that are so powerful in prayer know that without it, they will be tossed up and down like football.
this is a lie riches has nothing to do with religion or satan. they are Christians that cant afford 3 square meal per day and Christians who are own private jets, likewise Muslims and atheists'..

don't deceived, your life being hard or easy has nothing to do with your religion.. so many things play a factor...
Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by SeriouslySense(m): 2:02pm On Mar 26, 2023
Its better to know the bible for yourself, spend more time reading the bible, i recommend Audio bible, if you don't have the patience to read.

Spend time with God, so you can grow in your faith. smiley smiley

How do you see your God, is God there for money making or is God there for much more.

Smartguyboy:
Just thinking out loud
Can our faith work without being prayerful?

If you don’t pray what will happen to you and it will stop you from progressing in life ?
What of richmen who don’t go to church or atheist but doing well in life .
Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by SeriouslySense(m): 2:07pm On Mar 26, 2023
Also, read the bible so you may gain understanding.

as you grown in understanding, Gods spirit gives you assurance and you will know how to pray.

Even if its just 15 minutes a day.

Smartguyboy:
Just thinking out loud

If you don’t pray what will happen to you and it will stop you from progressing in life ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by Jamahyel(m): 3:05pm On Mar 26, 2023
prayer is sign that your full of faith
Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by President2001(m): 3:06pm On Mar 26, 2023
No
Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by Iluvmycontr3: 3:34pm On Mar 26, 2023
Smartguyboy:
Just thinking out loud

Some are believers, while others are not. So, if you believe YOU MUST PRAY.....you must be prayerful if you are kingdom minded
Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by ashleyeden: 3:43pm On Mar 26, 2023
Top class takers leaders are visionaries who inspire their teams by doing more, aiming high, and going the extra mile. They invest insights from their personal story to help everyone progress.
Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by ifyemex(m): 3:48pm On Mar 26, 2023
HydraFeeds:
If you work and pray ,you will succeed.

If you pray without working ,you will fail .

If you work without praying ,you will succeed.

You are wise!

1 Like

Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by Smartguyboy(m): 5:30pm On Mar 26, 2023
Phamo0:

what do you want to hear?
Do you know Elon Musk ? why reason that he doesn't pray or doesn't have faith or doesn't go to church?
Does being rich implies that your prayer are being answered?
And what exactly do you mean by progressing in life? You seem to equivalent it to being rich in terms of money.

As a Nigerian church have made people to believe without prayer you won’t make it in life .
Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by Smartguyboy(m): 5:36pm On Mar 26, 2023
ogwumgbe:

Rich men who don't go to Church belong somewhere they will not divulge. Atheists don't believe in God but they believe in nature and appl its principles, which means that they are under satan control. As a christian or even a muslim, if you do not pray very hard, omo your life will be totally messed up, no two ways about that, Muslims praying five times a day are not fools and Christians that are so powerful in prayer know that without it, they will be tossed up and down like football.

Psalms 90:10 Seventy years are given to us!
    Some even live to eighty.
But even the best years are filled with pain and trouble;
    soon they disappear, and we fly away.

If satan control you and you reach 70-80 years do you know you have fulfilled your purpose on earth?
Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by Omoolaissagoal: 6:01pm On Mar 26, 2023
He is actually right. It take more faith to believe God doesn't exist, than to believe he exist.
ReacherSaidNoth:
Stop talking nonsense abeg undecided
Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by Jocdon(m): 6:55pm On Mar 26, 2023
Nebes:

All you see, hear and read is not all there is.
It takes a lot of faith to do what Elon Musk does. The question is faith in what or who?

Whatever the answer to the above question is requires maintenance. That maintenance becomes a form of prayer.

I am not speaking for Christianity. All I'm saying is that even atheism requires a lot faith to believe in nothing.
Wise Man
Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by civboy: 10:08pm On Mar 26, 2023
The prosperity gospel is really failing people.
Dear, read your Bible. God never said that you should pray if you want to make it in life money-wise. God told Adam to develop the garden, prayer wasn't part of the deal. Cain built a city when he had no prayer life, the descendants of Cain were prosperous, the Egyptians were rich, the Amalekites, the Assyrians, the Babylonians and the Romans, all very rich empires yet they didn't pray. How about prostitutes? They need prayers to get many clients?
Prayer is just the communication between the children of God and God, it is about invoking the will of God and asking for his bread. The bread of God is different from money, it is everything you need to fulfill your destiny; it may includes some money but don't count on it, some Christians will get very little money, some will get some, some will get a lot, you don't know where you will fall, it will also include the favor to find an occupation, a job or business where you'll thrive without torment and where you'll find opportunities to serve God, people from God that will love you and partner well with you, joy and health always unless God allows a disease to try you, and the grace of God whenever you'll face hurdles. But prayer won't necessarily give you a lot of money. If you want money, go look for something you can produce or services you can deliver, that people will want to purchase.
The only exception is if you are cursed with poverty. Then you will have to seek God to remove the curse first. But for people who aren't cursed with poverty, they just have to work smart to get money, prayer is not required.
Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by majorgr: 10:15pm On Mar 26, 2023
Faith can work without prayer, but prayer won't work without faith!
Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by Smartguyboy(m): 12:31am On Mar 27, 2023
Stone03:

I have so much entertained this question so many times.

Listen dear, Faith is the utmost of all spiritual virtues. The greatest problem in Christian life is not prayers. Christians pray so much, but the problem is our attitude after prayers. Most of us still get overwhelmed by the sight of our problems and thereby loosing faith.

Some people are blessed with the gift of Faith in that even if they don't pray, their hearts are on what God says and as a result they believe until they see results.

Someone like me always loose faith especially when my prayer life drops. Guilt of prayerlessness always hunt down my faith, and this is an error.

Prayer should be a regular thing though because it is a path that leads to our relationship expression with God, and prayer fashions our spirit man to hear and obey God. But its not my prayers that makes God send rain and sunshine in their due time. Its not my prayers that makes day and night appear without irregularities. All these happen with assurance because they are sustained by the infallible word of God Hebrew 1:1-3

Faith on God's word is the great pull that draws down realities from the spirit world.

Prayers and the knowledge of God's word sustains our boldness to believe on what God has finished for us on the cross of calvary and His resurrection
That the same issue I am having I don’t even know how to pray but sometimes I just loose faith but I have this believe what will happen will happen.
I forgot the place in Bible either David or Solomon said our faith has been decided already we can’t change it .
Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by Smartguyboy(m): 12:33am On Mar 27, 2023
SeriouslySense:
Also, read the bible so you may gain understanding.

as you grown in understanding, Gods spirit gives you assurance and you will know how to pray.

Even if its just 15 minutes a day.

Thanks
I will try
Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by Smartguyboy(m): 12:38am On Mar 27, 2023
civboy:
The prosperity gospel is really failing people.
Dear, read your Bible. God never said that you should pray if you want to make it in life money-wise. God told Adam to develop the garden, prayer wasn't part of the deal. Cain built a city when he had no prayer life, the descendants of Cain were prosperous, the Egyptians were rich, the Amalekites, the Assyrians, the Babylonians and the Romans, all very rich empires yet they didn't pray. How about prostitutes? They need prayers to get many clients?
Prayer is just the communication between the children of God and God, it is about invoking the will of God and asking for his bread. The bread of God is different from money, it is everything you need to fulfill your destiny; it may includes some money but don't count on it, some Christians will get very little money, some will get some, some will get a lot, you don't know where you will fall, it will also include the favor to find an occupation, a job or business where you'll thrive without torment and where you'll find opportunities to serve God, people from God that will love you and partner well with you, joy and health always unless God allows a disease to try you, and the grace of God whenever you'll face hurdles. But prayer won't necessarily give you a lot of money. If you want money, go look for something you can produce or services you can deliver, that people will want to purchase.
The only exception is if you are cursed with poverty. Then you will have to seek God to remove the curse first. But for people who aren't cursed with poverty, they just have to work smart to get money, prayer is not required.

I don’t believe anyone apart from your parents cures will work unless you hurt the person pretty bad .
Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by SeriouslySense(m): 7:02am On Mar 27, 2023
You are welcome, as i read, i begin to confirm what i also heard and see more for myself. Listening to the Audio with the background music, makes it very easy for me.

Smartguyboy:

Thanks
I will try
Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:23am On Mar 27, 2023
Smartguyboy:

Just thinking out loud
What of richmen who don’t go to church or atheist but doing well in life.
Do you only makes demands from friends or your friendship is built on mutual understanding?
The father of all those having faith is called "Abraham" {Romans 4:9-11} he doesn't make demands the way misinformed churchgoers do today! smiley
Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by Stone03: 8:40am On Mar 27, 2023
Smartguyboy:

That the same issue I am having I don’t even know how to pray but sometimes I just loose faith but I have this believe what will happen will happen.
I forgot the place in Bible either David or Solomon said our faith has been decided already we can’t change it .

I do not know much, but let me correct some notions please.
The belief that what will happen will happen is not for believers in Jesus Christ. Mathew 18:18 proves that we have the power to decide what happens. The earth is a playing field and you don't just sit and watch the ball goes wherever it decides. If what will happen will happen, we have no need for faith and prayers. I do not allow any happening around me that is not what God has spoken concerning me.

Secondly, our destiny truly has been decided in Christ. It cannot be changed but can be twisted, delayed or corrupted by the devil. I chatted with a guy that believed he was destined to be a gay and made him to understand that it is a destiny corrupted by the devil while he was in the womb. God did not create anyone with such a perverted sexuality. A man's business can be subverted from progress to programmed losses.
Great men do not joke with their secret places of prayers, where they stand and transact their destinies with God's words. Declaring the words as the Holy Spirit gives them utterance.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Is This? / "God Cannot Be Tempted. Jesus Was Tempted. Therefore, Jesus Cannot Be God". How? / Who Is This Emma Bishop Okonkwo, Is He A Bishop Or Business Man.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.