Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,176 members, 7,880,669 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:49 AM

My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend (41469 Views)

My Fiancé Wants To Call It A Quit Because I Don't Relate With His Siblings / Offshore Worker Returns To Find Cucumber In Girlfriend’s Cupboard, Landlady Post / My Landlady, Her Daughters And A Tenant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by Solocoin: 5:22pm On Mar 27, 2023
If you want to live in a house peacefully don't live in a compound the landlord/landlady also live there. They will disturb your peace. Where I rented house which it's only my younger brother stay. If the landlord see any visitor he will call you and ask if the person want to live there. I hate such attitude.
Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by Princessdainty(m): 5:24pm On Mar 27, 2023
Let's call a spade a spade,you're 23 and young, fvcking young!
yes you want explore life, and you've started by having $ex.
welcome to Adulthood. Now get a seat!

Your landlady and her shenanigans asides...
You're already talking about future partner?? Are you joking? at 23?

How many degrees you got?
M.sc?

That house would give you a better restriction at 'exploring' than any other lest you fall astray.
you still need some life trainings!..
who told you you're ready for Adulthood..??

With your small bear bear
just dey play!

Sex is sweet but don't forget to wear CONDOM.
Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by Greatblackpimp(m): 5:33pm On Mar 27, 2023
I rented my first apartment at 21 and didnt become sexually active till 24. I also bought a car early in life and I hardly drove it or carried ladies in it. I am not religious by the way. I am 36 now. Get rid of your myopic way of thinking. Some people value their privacy and peace of mind alot.
I dont see why a grown man of 23 will be living with his parents ...in a sane economy people get married at 23

seanwilliam:

You’re on point 100%. God bless u.

@ForG, Besides at that your age, I don’t think it’s that bad being policed by an elderly woman. Me and you know say na because of pussy exploration na why u go rent that house , take this from me, there’s no big deed there. Carrying girl or girls while you’re still finding your feet is you stabbing yourself on the back .

This is coming from a guy who’s fhucked nothing less down 100 girls in my career grin
You’re still young my brother , don’t take decision they’ll mar your future.

However , if you still insist on exploring , disguising with “ wanting privacy “ then next time don’t rent apartment where the landlord/landlady lives. Also dress and speak in a very mature manner ( no be by speaking grammar) but trust me the way you carry yourself is the way you’ll be addressed.
Be respectful , be ready to unlearn and relearn, don’t be too forward because you get small change for acct, trust me, na change. If you’re rich you’ll get your own house grin

This is Africa, kill that ‘woke’ mentality, it’ll do you no good.

And finally , try to create physical - offline business and attribute your money to it. You know why ? This is Nigeria , you still have to conform in some ways with society ‘standard ‘.

You can attack me that I’m a local bush man, trust me, I woke pass u grin

I wish you success brotherly

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by BaseComplexiti: 5:42pm On Mar 27, 2023
ForG:
I moved into this apartment about two weeks ago. Mini flat, only myself, excellent neighbourhood; I'm constantly indoors and not social.

But the landlady has been a pest so far.

The property has three tenants, but only one has been there for over a year.
The renter I replaced still works for her today, but quit the house only after a year.

The longest-tenured tenant (five years, married man with kids) warned me about her before I moved in. That she meddled in the affairs of her tenants. He is also desperate to leave the house this year.

Under the pretext of protection, she herself told me that she routinely informs her tenants' families of every move they make.

Today, the camel's back broke.

A female acquaintance of mine recently stayed with me for some days.
The landlady took offence and informed me that she does not want any female visitors except a known girlfriend.

Before relocating, she had also said that she did not want much male visitors in order to avoid disruptive behaviour. Made sense to me security-wise.
Wasn't a problem since I don't have male friends.

The next day, I saw her and informed her that an animal was running in the roof, as well as other anomalies I had noticed in the apartment.
She said that it seemed I was dissatisfied with the home and that she would provide a full refund without delay.

I made certain to inquire whether the prohibition on female visitors was on security grounds, but she said that the residence was a Christian home where everyone must be family, notwithstanding the fact that the tenant before me was a muslim.

Today, my agent came on my door and informed me that the landlady had complained to him. We subsequently met with the landlady, who once again threatened a complete refund.
She continued by saying that I am too young to have female companions because they would destroy my life.

I'm 23.

This evening I took the decision to collect the refund, cut my losses on the agreement and commission, and look for a new flat in the vicinity.

I had only heard rumours, but I had no idea such toxic home owners exist. The husband of over 33 years is pretty laid-back and even made a joke about my bringing a female acquaintance around to my guarantor.

The wife on the other hand is hell's fury.

For Nigeria? Landlords!! This one Na small naaaaah!! grin cheesy
Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by ForG(m): 5:54pm On Mar 27, 2023
MrJames007:
Why did you go and stay in the same compound with your landlord. I can't o.

The compound too fine.
Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by ForG(m): 5:57pm On Mar 27, 2023
9jagovernor:
Exactly what I'm facing In my newly rented apartment.
Although I've spent a month plus but this particular incident happened when I just spent about 2 weeks in the house.
I brought my gf to know where I'm now staying and as soon as we entered into the house, the landlady whispered but I ignored since she knows my name why not call me by my name.
The second day as my gf and I were going out she started ranting that I should not be bringing ladies into her house that her house is not a brothel.
I was like since I parked into this house how many girls or ladies as she seen with me? I kept quiet and let her say all her nonsense. I just told my gf let's go.
Thank God I only paid 6 month plus agreement... Cos I can't see myself staying in that kind of house for long.

Exactly her point that her house not a hotel.
Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by Kokoboss: 6:04pm On Mar 27, 2023
Maybe you're greeting and smiling when you see her. Omo ehn.
Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by yongg: 6:04pm On Mar 27, 2023
ForG:
This is the residence seen on Google map:

1 is tenants block.
2 is landlord's
3 is Gate.

So anybody entering can be seen in full from the landlord's apartment.

Please don't just complain this way. Leave a review and the location.... Actual address for their attempt to truncate every other person's human right so that at the very least potential clients will know the nature of their agreement people the time wastage and sour experience involved.
Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by seanwilliam(m): 6:06pm On Mar 27, 2023
Greatblackpimp:
I rented my first apartment at 21 and didnt become sexually active till 24. I also bought a car early in life and I hardly drove it or carried ladies in it. I am not religious by the way. I am 36 now. Get rid of your myopic way of thinking. Some people value their privacy and peace of mind alot.
I dont see why a grown man of 23 will be living with his parents ...in a sane economy people get married at 23

there’s difference between reading to understand and reading to argue.

We’re saying the same thing in different ways. Re read what I posted.
Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by phemmyfour: 6:18pm On Mar 27, 2023
ForG:
This is the residence seen on Google map:

1 is tenants block.
2 is landlord's
3 is Gate.

So anybody entering can be seen in full from the landlord's apartment.
Wetin the Google image fit assist us with
Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by harmony75: 6:18pm On Mar 27, 2023
You sef how you go tell your landlord your real age?! You opened up yourself too much. She will deduct the few months and give you your balance, but it is a waste your agreement fee and agent fees is wasted why not settle amicably with her and change am for her don't be too familiar with her mmmm 😔
Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by Wawelexy(m): 6:28pm On Mar 27, 2023
BigCowHornn:

I'm a landlord and I swear to God majority of you tenants are super ignorant upon all the education and exposure you pack.

Let me let you in on an open secret.. the law in this country favors tenants not landlords

How do you mean you tenants? Lol... But my comments was not to against the landlord if you check well..... You are right tho
Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by bassdow: 6:59pm On Mar 27, 2023
Katcall:
whats their business if i bring my girlfriend home to fùck?

if it was included in the aggrement you were given, and you signed, then they've got every right.

But I doubt you were given any agreement form and even if they did, I doubt it's in there BUT if it is, then you've got no case
Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by marcopollo(m): 7:16pm On Mar 27, 2023
As a rule, I don't rent house where the landlord or landlady lives. Period.
Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by kelspinall(m): 7:22pm On Mar 27, 2023
nsogbu akarie
Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by SimpleGuy001: 7:33pm On Mar 27, 2023
ForG:

This comment, sir: GOLD.

Chief pls how much did you cost you? Total package
Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by osazsky(m): 7:59pm On Mar 27, 2023
ForG:
I moved into this apartment about two weeks ago. Mini flat, only myself, excellent neighbourhood; I'm constantly indoors and not social.

But the landlady has been a pest so far.

The property has three tenants, but only one has been there for over a year.
The renter I replaced still works for her today, but quit the house only after a year.

The longest-tenured tenant (five years, married man with kids) warned me about her before I moved in. That she meddled in the affairs of her tenants. He is also desperate to leave the house this year.

Under the pretext of protection, she herself told me that she routinely informs her tenants' families of every move they make.

Today, the camel's back broke.

A female acquaintance of mine recently stayed with me for some days.
The landlady took offence and informed me that she does not want any female visitors except a known girlfriend.

Before relocating, she had also said that she did not want much male visitors in order to avoid disruptive behaviour. Made sense to me security-wise.
Wasn't a problem since I don't have male friends.

The next day, I saw her and informed her that an animal was running in the roof, as well as other anomalies I had noticed in the apartment.
She said that it seemed I was dissatisfied with the home and that she would provide a full refund without delay.

I made certain to inquire whether the prohibition on female visitors was on security grounds, but she said that the residence was a Christian home where everyone must be family, notwithstanding the fact that the tenant before me was a muslim.

Today, my agent came on my door and informed me that the landlady had complained to him. We subsequently met with the landlady, who once again threatened a complete refund.
She continued by saying that I am too young to have female companions because they would destroy my life.

I'm 23.

This evening I took the decision to collect the refund, cut my losses on the agreement and commission, and look for a new flat in the vicinity.

I had only heard rumours, but I had no idea such toxic home owners exist. The husband of over 33 years is pretty laid-back and even made a joke about my bringing a female acquaintance around to my guarantor.

The wife on the other hand is hell's fury.
kudos to him go and marry
Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by Pat081: 8:03pm On Mar 27, 2023
So far that you do not sign any agreement not to have visitors she has no right to send you away or you can go to any lawyer for advice on this
ForG:

No sir.
Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by maasoap(m): 8:12pm On Mar 27, 2023
ForG:

I don't think one has any no right if they are being offered a full refund.

No written agreement.

Stand my ground at this age? Bro I've been the head of my family since 15. Every thing passes through me to get to them.

There's actually no documented quit notice, it's just word of mouth.

Brother, drag her to court? No need to burn bridges. She has already offered a full refund.

Not everything is fire and brimstone, some issues require diplomacy.

Well, you don't have family of your own yet, that's why it is easy for you accept quit notice just like that. The tenancy law which protects the tenants is not stupid.
Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by maasoap(m): 8:16pm On Mar 27, 2023
BigCowHornn:

I'm a landlord and I swear to God majority of you tenants are super ignorant upon all the education and exposure you pack.

Let me let you in on an open secret.. the law in this country favors tenants not landlords

That's not favour but protection. The law recognises that tenants are at the mercy of home owners, thus protection.
Imagine giving a tenant quit notice just after two weeks of moving in just because he came home with a friend!

1 Like

Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by maasoap(m): 8:18pm On Mar 27, 2023
SUPERPACK:
The property belongs to the landlord/landlady and he/she makes the rules, if you are not happy with it go build your own house.

This is how you spot an ignorant person. Lol
Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by Busch: 8:18pm On Mar 27, 2023
Fiti
Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by elinaxy(m): 8:37pm On Mar 27, 2023
Lol grin, I had same issue with a clueless and myopic mentality landlady 1yr ago, I made sure she saw hell from me too. The last day I was parking out she and her little husband who was being controlled by her decided to make jest of me, as a mad man that I am also I made sure I gave them wotowoto she confirmed she hadn't seen a stubborn tenant like I was. Most landladies especially are like that, that's why I fear the day a woman will become nigeria's president.
Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by ForG(m): 8:49pm On Mar 27, 2023
SimpleGuy001:

Chief pls how much did you cost you? Total package

Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by ForG(m): 8:50pm On Mar 27, 2023
phemmyfour:
Wetin the Google image fit assist us with

Pictorial description of the house.
Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by ForG(m): 8:51pm On Mar 27, 2023
bassdow:

if it was included in the aggrement you were given, and you signed, then they've got every right.

But I doubt you were given any agreement form and even if they did, I doubt it's in there BUT if it is, then you've got no case

There's no agreement form, not even receipt.
Only bank statement.
Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by ForG(m): 8:53pm On Mar 27, 2023
Pat081:
So far that you do not sign any agreement not to have visitors she has no right to send you away or you can go to any lawyer for advice on this

Alright sir. My guarantor also a landlord two houses away. Said I should stay and deal with the husband himself.

1 Like

Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by mctech(m): 8:54pm On Mar 27, 2023
ForG:

My parents trained me well, and I was a decent individual until last year.

I wrote this thread last year after choosing the path. https://www.nairaland.com/7409177/where-find-these-kind-women

I don't need further discipline from a stranger.
Hmmm! OP in trying to enjoy your freedom, please don't thread the path of self destruction, sorrow and regret.

Remember your roots in all that you do.
Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by ForG(m): 9:13pm On Mar 27, 2023
mctech:

Hmmm! OP in trying to enjoy your freedom, please don't thread the path of self destruction, sorrow and regret.

Remember your roots in all that you do.

Yes sir. True and salient.
Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by awa(m): 9:18pm On Mar 27, 2023
ForG:

The reason I left home in the first place to explore life a little, then factory reset to home training.

If I needed to be policed about, I return home.

For goodness sake, had my first sex this month. And it was with a potential life partner not prostitute.

You may consider building your own apartment then do whatever you want to do. The Landlady is tryimg to help you living a decent life and you are coming here fo complain
Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by Pat081: 9:21pm On Mar 27, 2023
Good if you teach her lessons d rest will b happy
ForG:

Alright sir. My guarantor also a landlord two houses away. Said I should stay and deal with the husband himself.
Re: My Landlady Issued Me A Quit Notice For Hosting A Female Friend by Olodo24: 9:26pm On Mar 27, 2023
Avoid a house if the Landlord or Landlady lives in the compound. No matter how good the house may be, avoid it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Did You Finally Date That Girl That Was Forming Too Hard To Get? Did It Go Well? / I Cheated But He Wants Me Back / Man With A Bad Breath Telling A Lady He Can Upgrade Her. See Her Reaction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.