Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,890 members, 7,973,050 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 07:05 AM

Is There Cure For Snoring? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is There Cure For Snoring? (1354 Views)

Is There Cure For Simple Difuse Goiter. / Is There Cure For Rheumatoid Arthritis? / Is There Cure To Hiv? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Cure For Snoring? by maga1: 3:25am On Sep 19, 2011
hi everyone, I have a very close friend who snores heavily when asleep. Pls i would like to know if there is a cure or a way to stop the snoring so that i can recommend for him. Thanks
Re: Is There Cure For Snoring? by razznaija(f): 3:44am On Sep 19, 2011
yes there is, your fiend probably has too much nasal tissues that is prone to vibration, there are many causes for snoring like;
Age. As you reach middle age and beyond, your throat becomes narrower, and the muscle tone in your throat decreases.
The way you’re built. Men have narrower air passages than women and are more likely to snore. A narrow throat, a cleft palate, enlarged adenoids, and other physical attributes that contribute to snoring are often hereditary.
Nasal and sinus problems. Blocked airways make inhalation difficult and create a vacuum in the throat, leading to snoring.
Being overweight or out of shape. Fatty tissue and poor muscle tone contribute to snoring.
Alcohol, smoking, and medications. Alcohol intake, smoking, and certain medications can increase muscle relaxation leading to more snoring.
Sleep posture. Sleeping flat on your back causes the flesh of your throat to relax and block the airway.
Here is a link to find out more http://www.helpstopsnoring.info/.
Re: Is There Cure For Snoring? by maga1: 4:37am On Sep 19, 2011
Thanks @razznaija. my friend is just 25 yrs and he weighs 75kg. thanks soo much 4 ur contribution.
Re: Is There Cure For Snoring? by cjenny: 11:49am On Nov 07, 2011
N

(1) (Reply)

Lagos State Doctors Strike / Get Our Curative Herbalmedicine Drugs To Postpone Early Deaths / Uniuyo Teaching Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.