Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,551 members, 7,888,774 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 02:49 PM

The Sanctifying Presence - Pastor Chris - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Sanctifying Presence - Pastor Chris (1192 Views)

An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Sanctifying Presence - Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 6:06am On Sep 19, 2011
. . . , Nevertheless, brethren, I have written the more boldly unto you in some sort, as putting you in mind, because of the grace that is given to me of God, That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles, might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost (Romans 15:15-16).

There’re certain Christians who often feel unqualified or not worthy to be used of God or to receive the Holy Spirit. They feel they’re too unholy for a holy God. So you hear them say: “I don’t think I can receive the Holy Spirit; at least not today. My life has been really terrible and I think I should settle matters first with God before I ask Him for the Holy Spirit.” What people haven’t understood is that you can’t please God without the Holy Spirit. You need the Holy Spirit in your life to be able to live right.

His presence in your life purifies you and sanctifies whatever offerings or obligations you render to God. Our prayers for example are only acceptable to God when we offer them to Him through the Spirit. Our human languages are too impure for God. They contain words we use for everyday dealings and communications – too mundane and impure for a holy God!

The Bible tells us that the Lord Jesus offered Himself as a sacrifice to God on account of our sins, through the Spirit to be accepted of God: “How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscious from dead works to serve the living God” (Hebrews 9:14). If Jesus, the precious Son of God who was on earth to carry out God’s eternal will, would present Himself to God through the Spirit to be accepted, it therefore means that God wouldn’t require any less of us!

How imperative it is for us to receive the Holy Spirit and be yielded to His influence and guidance at all times! His presence in you and upon you purifies your entire life, and everything you do for the Lord.

Prayer

Dear Father, thank you for purifying me through and through by your Spirit who lives in me and abides with me; thus making my offerings, devotions and ministry acceptable to you. I’m grateful for this immense blessing and privilege, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study

1 Peter 1:1-2
Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

1 Corinthians 6:11
And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God

(1) (Reply)

A Muslim Calls Jesus Chat Line Channel / Rccg Open Heavens Devotion 23rd Of June, 2013 Of God Of Greatness By Pastor E.a. / Nude Church-nude Worship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.