Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,446 members, 7,974,828 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 11:37 AM

Removal Of Fuel Subsidy Okay But More Importers Should Be Allowed First - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Removal Of Fuel Subsidy Okay But More Importers Should Be Allowed First (184 Views)

Seyi Tinubu Pulling Oba Of Lagos Beard Is Okay But Gen. Obj Is Wrong To Want Res / Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers / FG Orders Removal Of Kingsley Moghalu's Presidential Campaign Posters In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Removal Of Fuel Subsidy Okay But More Importers Should Be Allowed First by ican2020: 1:20pm On Mar 27, 2023
Today the federal government through its agency is the sole importer of refined fuel and the same government that is operating monopolistic policy in a market that is supposed to have free entry is neck deep on subsidy removal

Bola Tinubu the president elect and Peter Obi of labour party both agreed that fuel subsidy should be removed and some Nigerians are clapping hands for them

I am not against fuel subsidy removal since PDP failed in their sixteen years of been in charge to fix or build new refineries and APC that took over and almost spent eight years preferred to follow PDP steps, failed as well to fix refineries and also refused to build new ones

First and the realistic to thing do is to open up the sector by allowing private business owners who have the capacity and facilities to import, store and distribute the product by following lay down rules in the sector and the monitoring agencies should do their jobs creditably.

Since we prefer to remain as importers of refined fuel products, no problem but allow more hands to join the importation train and that we drive the price down.

How do I mean? Market forces will now determine the price of fuel. You cannot say you are deregulating which by extension is removing barriers to competition and at the same time allowing a government control agency as the sole importer, that’s wrong, you want to deregulate follow the text and spirit of pure deregulation, period.

The advent of GSM, people bought ordinary Nokia Touch light phone for 50k plus then, 50k then that’s more than 300k today, but with many importers into GSM helped to change the narratives in a very short time and if this is extended to the fuel sector, I see us buying fuel for less than 100 naira per liter

Nigeria is the only country we have and we should learn to do things for the greater good of all and lastly thank God for blessing my country beyond our comprehension

I don’t believe or say God bless Nigeria, because he has already bless us abundantly and all we need to do is think Nigeria first

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo And Ekweremadu Both Birds Of Same Feather &selfish Leaders In Nigeria / Israel Retaliates Against Palestine Following Violence At Jerusalem / A Country As Fragile As An Egg Is About To Be Handed Over To A Fragile Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.