Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,778 members, 7,908,999 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 03:40 PM

The President Of CONMEBOL Honors Lionel Messi With The ‘Baton Of Football’ - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The President Of CONMEBOL Honors Lionel Messi With The ‘Baton Of Football’ (24225 Views)

Copa America: CONMEBOL Announces Team For Tournament [full List] / Juventus May Explore Possibility Of Pairing Messi With Ronaldo / Lionel Messi With His Wife And Sons In Cute Family Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The President Of CONMEBOL Honors Lionel Messi With The ‘Baton Of Football’ by Freo(m): 9:43am On Mar 28, 2023
OfeAchi:
This singular act has finally put to rest, the decades long debate of who the real GOAT is....I don't mean one of the greatest but the greatest ever player to walk on planet earth!
This player occupies the number one spot on this accredited list:

1. ??!!
2. Pele
3. Maradona
4. CR7
5. CR9

Hint: the number one player has won all trophies and awards there ever is. He is a goalscorer, playmaker, influencer, composed, extremely gifted, intelligent, clinical, surgical, master dribbler,. He is....

Lionel Andrés Messi Cuccittini

2 Likes

Re: The President Of CONMEBOL Honors Lionel Messi With The ‘Baton Of Football’ by Kojochyke(m): 9:43am On Mar 28, 2023
spy24:
Na people wey host Copa America 3 times in the space of 5 years just because Ronaldo won euros in 2016 nae ona wan take serious ?
who come host d world cup wen Messi win?
Abi Ronaldo nor go d tournament?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The President Of CONMEBOL Honors Lionel Messi With The ‘Baton Of Football’ by tunize(m): 9:43am On Mar 28, 2023
Kojochyke:
So Europeans nor dey win world cup?
Wat of olympics?
Youth world cup nkor?
Dem say make Europeans nor sabi dribble?
Say make dem dey only run n shoot with ball?
The award given to messi, maradonna and pele is from what region and please remind me about the name of the award again?
Re: The President Of CONMEBOL Honors Lionel Messi With The ‘Baton Of Football’ by elpochas: 9:44am On Mar 28, 2023
thesicilian:
These people will give Messi any award just to prove that he's better than Ronaldo. But the fact remains that Cristiano Ronaldo is miles ahead. If he can achieve all he has done with all the resistance and hatred from FIFA and UEFA, then imagine the heights possible if there was a level playing field.
Even if they make Messi their lord and personal saviour it still doesn't change anything
Nonsense and it's ingredients! ThankGod ur opinion does not count, even in ur street.
Re: The President Of CONMEBOL Honors Lionel Messi With The ‘Baton Of Football’ by karnap(m): 9:45am On Mar 28, 2023
I'm.a Barcelona, messi Argentina fan,but this nonsense comparison of messi and ronaldo don't make sense to me

They are not playing in the same country and club ...

They are diff.

Ronaldo is a great play of all time as well.
Re: The President Of CONMEBOL Honors Lionel Messi With The ‘Baton Of Football’ by alobright17(m): 9:48am On Mar 28, 2023
BeauBragnar11:

Where is Ronaldo's World Cup? grin grin

At least that one isn't hosted thrice in 5 years grin grin
first let me cure your ignorance and mischief all of the world cups wether hosted every single day ,2
Weeks, month, year, e.t.c was participated by Portugal and pendu none has he made it to the final .

Messi did it from Nations Cup to World Cup, I can remind you that he started the journey from under 17 , under 20, Olympic, go and check what he accomplished and achieved in those tournaments maybe to baby fans like you those tournaments were all organized because of Messi , or your dull brain didn’t recall ?

2 Likes

Re: The President Of CONMEBOL Honors Lionel Messi With The ‘Baton Of Football’ by Kojochyke(m): 9:52am On Mar 28, 2023
tunize:

The award given to messi, maradonna and pele is from what region and please remind me about the name of the award again?
shebi dem win d award after dem conquer d world?

Ronaldo nor even pass Kanu Nwankwor..
Both have champions League
Both r continental champs
Both won player of the year in their continents
Both won leagues

Both never touched the world cup!

But
Kanu went a step further than Cristi sha
He won olympics

And then the Lord of the pitch
Lionel Messi
Has won it all

Every thing, and entertained us while doing it..
Not stealing people's goals like one popular guy!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The President Of CONMEBOL Honors Lionel Messi With The ‘Baton Of Football’ by Slimwhyt(m): 10:02am On Mar 28, 2023
thesicilian:
These people will give Messi any award just to prove that he's better than Ronaldo. But the fact remains that Cristiano Ronaldo is miles ahead. If he can achieve all he has done with all the resistance and hatred from FIFA and UEFA, then imagine the heights possible if there was a level playing field.
Even if they make Messi their lord and personal saviour it still doesn't change anything
Nonsense and it's ingredients!

Cry me a river grin
Re: The President Of CONMEBOL Honors Lionel Messi With The ‘Baton Of Football’ by thesicilian: 10:09am On Mar 28, 2023
boborosky:

Have you paused for a second to think about what you and others of your kind say concerning every football body favouring Messi?

My question is... Why do you think they all favour Messi?
Messi is not even European, let alone, too handsome..
Messi plays football in all these competitions just like thousands of other players.
What is the rationale for thinking he is favoured?
This and many more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sRa9tmU9Yk
Re: The President Of CONMEBOL Honors Lionel Messi With The ‘Baton Of Football’ by Cajal(m): 10:12am On Mar 28, 2023
Fira09:
🚨 Baton’s of Football:

🇦🇷 Messi: 1 🆕
🇧🇷 Pele: 1
🇦🇷 Maradona: 1
🇵🇹 CR7: 0

GOAT

Modified: pendu fans, I only got this from the source, y'all can keep crying 😭.
Messi tiri ayewa
Re: The President Of CONMEBOL Honors Lionel Messi With The ‘Baton Of Football’ by okuta007: 10:20am On Mar 28, 2023
Fira09:
🚨 Baton’s of Football:

GOAT

If maradona is on that list - why is Ronaldinho not there ? Maradona play ball pass Ronaldinho ? what did maradona achieve in football that Ronaldo of Brazil or Ronaldinho did not achieve ? racist Con - mebol bastards 😏
Re: The President Of CONMEBOL Honors Lionel Messi With The ‘Baton Of Football’ by BeauBragnar11: 10:26am On Mar 28, 2023
alobright17:
first let me cure your ignorance and mischief all of the world cups wether hosted every single day ,2
Weeks, month, year, e.t.c was participated by Portugal and pendu none has he made it to the final .

Messi did it from Nations Cup to World Cup, I can remind you that he started the journey from under 17 , under 20, Olympic, go and check what he accomplished and achieved in those tournaments maybe to baby fans like you those tournaments were all organized because of Messi , or your dull brain didn’t recall ?

Oboy check wetin you quote.

You're on my team cheesy grin
Re: The President Of CONMEBOL Honors Lionel Messi With The ‘Baton Of Football’ by Dagger111(m): 10:29am On Mar 28, 2023
OfeAchi:
This singular act has finally put to rest, the decades long debate of who the real GOAT is....I don't mean one of the greatest but the greatest ever player to walk on planet earth!
This player occupies the number one spot on this accredited list:

1. ??!!
2. Pele
3. Maradona
4. CR7
5. CR9

Hint: the number one player has won all trophies and awards there ever is. He is a goalscorer, playmaker, influencer, composed, extremely gifted, intelligent, clinical, surgical, master dribbler,. He is....

And the winner is Messi.

1 Like

Re: The President Of CONMEBOL Honors Lionel Messi With The ‘Baton Of Football’ by OmoGomesIlorin: 10:40am On Mar 28, 2023
Yugoslavia247:
Opa Ase yoruba

Offor in igbo

Abeg add Hausa own or your language own

Power and authority of world football.

If messi says the goal post is not accurate he is right.

sandan sarauta or Goran sarauta (Royal Sceptre)
Re: The President Of CONMEBOL Honors Lionel Messi With The ‘Baton Of Football’ by Ebony2King: 10:48am On Mar 28, 2023
Another irrelevant award manufactured to stat pad the dwarf. Award meant for only South Americans sef.

No European like CR7 cares about it
Re: The President Of CONMEBOL Honors Lionel Messi With The ‘Baton Of Football’ by Damian911: 11:11am On Mar 28, 2023
Werey grin angry cheesy grin cheesy
thesicilian:
Re: The President Of CONMEBOL Honors Lionel Messi With The ‘Baton Of Football’ by Damian911: 11:16am On Mar 28, 2023
Guy you be werey o grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
ROTFLMFAO
Faber:

He can say referees should stop using whistle and be using bell and the world will agree immediately
Re: The President Of CONMEBOL Honors Lionel Messi With The ‘Baton Of Football’ by mcdude1(m): 11:47am On Mar 28, 2023
I like the way they waited until Maradona and Pelé were both dead before doing this. RESPECT.
Re: The President Of CONMEBOL Honors Lionel Messi With The ‘Baton Of Football’ by MrBroke(m): 12:11pm On Mar 28, 2023
thesicilian:

You b small pikin or you get small pikin brain?
Re: The President Of CONMEBOL Honors Lionel Messi With The ‘Baton Of Football’ by Contango(m): 12:15pm On Mar 28, 2023
Fira09:
The World's Greatest footballer, Lionel Messi, has received the 'Baton Of Football' from the CONMEBOL president

B/R Football

Watch how in a few days from now, Ronaldo will rally PRs to give him a similar award
Re: The President Of CONMEBOL Honors Lionel Messi With The ‘Baton Of Football’ by YhemmyBloom(m): 12:24pm On Mar 28, 2023
Man of many medals..🐐
Re: The President Of CONMEBOL Honors Lionel Messi With The ‘Baton Of Football’ by Karnice600: 1:14pm On Mar 28, 2023
insidelife22:
Nonsensical nonsense.
CR7 remains the only Goat 🐐
Any other one na kid.
Like for Ororo.
Share for Leo.

Nice pics. CR7 na fine boy.
E be like say you dey mix up modelling with footballing.
On footballing na e dem give Messi that baton.
Make Rinaldo go get him own from the cosmetic companies wey him dey patronise unto fine boy with expensive hair.
Re: The President Of CONMEBOL Honors Lionel Messi With The ‘Baton Of Football’ by pacespot(m): 2:03pm On Mar 28, 2023
Fira09:
🚨 Baton’s of Football:

GOAT

grin
Re: The President Of CONMEBOL Honors Lionel Messi With The ‘Baton Of Football’ by ciencee(m): 2:47pm On Mar 28, 2023
insidelife22:
Nonsensical nonsense.
CR7 remains the only Goat 🐐
Any other one na kid.
Like for Ororo.
Share for Leo.
The shares have it...
Re: The President Of CONMEBOL Honors Lionel Messi With The ‘Baton Of Football’ by ciencee(m): 2:52pm On Mar 28, 2023
Kobonaire4:

In fairness, Messi, pele and maradona are from the COMMENBOL region, which awards the batons of football. Ronaldo is European

Also, time to put this Messi vs Ronaldo thing to rest. Ten years from now, no one would remember them anymore.

Ten years from now, you will realize that Ronaldo was just a goal machine like puskas, Kinsman etc, but Messi was the real GOAT that settled the scores between Pele and Maradona.
Re: The President Of CONMEBOL Honors Lionel Messi With The ‘Baton Of Football’ by pquaver(m): 3:20pm On Mar 28, 2023
thesicilian:

Keep quiet.. Everytime haye hate.. Even his former teammate hate him? Pstrice evra said if Messi put little effort he will won 15 Ballon dor what does that tell you? It means if messi serious your cr7 for no see even 1..dey play
Re: The President Of CONMEBOL Honors Lionel Messi With The ‘Baton Of Football’ by pquaver(m): 3:23pm On Mar 28, 2023
rippa:

Mumu
Cr7 is from europe

Is world cup final also Europe.. Let cr7 just play finals just finals.. Is it too hard to ask?
Re: The President Of CONMEBOL Honors Lionel Messi With The ‘Baton Of Football’ by pquaver(m): 3:25pm On Mar 28, 2023
Dindondin:

With due respect to Messi, he's not the world's greatest footballer.
He didn't win under 17 world cup.
That award is for south American footballers therefore your attempt to rubbish another successful man is lame and showed you are operating with a mediocre knowledge.

God bless you.
When the op made post like this to taunt CR7, shey na because CR7 thief his girlfriend or dupe him?
If not for the moderator that didn't eat breakfast to the extent of having dizzy vision, posts like this won't hit fp. When they say Nairaland sucks, this is one of the shits we see here.

You v damaged this thread. It ll surely be derailed. You and the mod that pushed this to fp deserve e-slaps.

Did CR7 win under 17? Did he win Under 20? Did he win Olympics? Did he wind Worldcup? Dey play jist dey play...
Re: The President Of CONMEBOL Honors Lionel Messi With The ‘Baton Of Football’ by pquaver(m): 3:31pm On Mar 28, 2023
karnap:
I'm.a Barcelona, messi Argentina fan,but this nonsense comparison of messi and ronaldo don't make sense to me

They are not playing in the same country and club ...

They are diff.

Ronaldo is a great play of all time as well.

Ronaldo fan go sit down.. Messi is better than Ronaldo and all the facts used to rate Ronaldo before and mocl messi, messi has topped him in all of them.. Messi sh*t in hos haters mouth, theirouth is now full of sh*t
Re: The President Of CONMEBOL Honors Lionel Messi With The ‘Baton Of Football’ by 7upnigeria: 7:27pm On Mar 28, 2023
insidelife22:

Bros eh,i dey junction dey wait you, if you get mind come out let's fight and settle this once and for all, if you win, Messi wins,,if I win Ororo wins.
You just dey look for who go kill you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Will You Still Watch El Clasico Without The Rivalry Between Messi And Ronaldo? / Fifa U-17 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Germany [3 - 3] 24th Oct / Nigerians Disappointed At The RIO 2016 Opening Ceremony (see Tweets)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.