Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,270 members, 7,967,657 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 02:40 AM

Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? (6485 Views)

Is This An Insult Or What?! / Is A Woman An Asset Or A Liability....please I Need Answers Picx / Is This An Insult OR An Honourable Thing To Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by r231(m): 6:01pm On Sep 19, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Are you sure about bride prices not being too high unless you Igbo?  r231 is not IGBO and he said N200,000 was too small.   undecided undecided

Let me remove bride price and insert "gifts" because I don't want nobody to start crying.  

Is a gift an investment, r231?

wen did i tell you dat

I paid less dan N2k for mine

and they return it back cus their daughter is not for sale
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by MrsChima1(f): 6:04pm On Sep 19, 2011
r231!!

Don't make me go get the link! angry
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by r231(m): 6:04pm On Sep 19, 2011
go get it pls
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by Goldieluks: 6:06pm On Sep 19, 2011
r231:

wen did i tell you dat

I paid less dan N2k for mine

and they return it back cus their daughter is not for sale

They returned it back and you accepted it?lol
maybe they are indirectly trying to pass a message across, indicating the amount is not worth it,just maybe.
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by MrCork17: 6:08pm On Sep 19, 2011
Goldieluks:

i wish he can actually choke on it for real.

Goldieluks.  Sweeery you will NOT find a man with that kinda dincorolative language.  angry
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by MrsChima1(f): 6:09pm On Sep 19, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

You are going to milk your daughter's future husband for all he got.  I know you made a list when she was 2 years old.  Tell the truth.  

50 lbs of yams
20 lbs of Jasmine rice
40 goats
300 chickens
20 packs of Brazilian weave for the Mrs.
100 crates of assorted Lager
N200,000 in cash  

You remember this r231?  We were on the ashyho thread and you and wifey were chilling in bed laughing.
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by r231(m): 6:09pm On Sep 19, 2011
Goldieluks:

They returned it back and you accepted it?lol
maybe they are indirectly trying to pass a message across, indicating the amount is not worth it,just maybe.

well they took other stuff but returned the cash grin grin

and they are the one that set the price as well

anyways where is my birthday present grin grin

Mrs, Chima:

You remember this r231?  We were on the ashyho thread and you and wifey were chilling in bed laughing.  

dats the list you wrote and i said its too small for my daughter
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by Pweety4me(f): 6:10pm On Sep 19, 2011
r231:

Birthday omo mi cheesy

Ohh right, and urs on wednesday?what r u doin 4 it?

Besides what can that little girl be demanding for?is it her big 10th?
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by MrsChima1(f): 6:11pm On Sep 19, 2011
Put Mrs. r231 on the phone. I need to speak with her.
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by r231(m): 6:12pm On Sep 19, 2011
Pweety4me:

Ohh right, and urs on wednesday?waht r u doin 4 it?

Besides what cna that little girl be demanding for?is it her big 10th?

its on a week day so she is not doing anything

but she wants an Ipad doh cheesy

Mrs, Chima:

Put Mrs. r231 on the phone.  I need to speak with her. 

hahahaha

well you made dat list. . . . put the link here lets see it
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by MMM2(m): 6:12pm On Sep 19, 2011
angry angry
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by Pweety4me(f): 6:14pm On Sep 19, 2011
Ipad for ow year old? undecided

spoilt thang
cheesy
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by Goldieluks: 6:14pm On Sep 19, 2011
Mr, Cork:

Goldieluks.  Sweeery you will NOT find a man with that kinda dincorolative language.  angry

Probably not a man like you,THANK GOD!

r231:

well they took other stuff but returned the cash grin grin

and they are the one that set the price as well

anyways where is my birthday present grin grin

dats the list you wrote and i said its too small for my daughter

Birthday present ke!
you dey tax me?lol

anyways when is your birthday and how old will/shall you become?
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by r231(m): 6:18pm On Sep 19, 2011
Pweety4me:

Ipad for ow year old? undecided

spoilt thang
cheesy

dats why i am collecting a lot of money for her bride price grin grin

dats what she wanted and she wont let me rest

Goldieluks:

[/color]
Birthday present ke!
you dey tax me?lol

anyways when is your birthday and how old will/shall you become?

yes o i am taxing you grin grin grin

its my daughter's tomorrow and mine on wed grin
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by Pweety4me(f): 6:29pm On Sep 19, 2011
My own buffday dey come oo. . .i want iphone5 gimme dat tongue
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by claremont(m): 7:21pm On Sep 19, 2011
A woman/man can be an asset or a liability to his/her partner. The use of that terminology bothers on mere semantics, there is nothing insulting or dehumanizing about it IMO.
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by horny4u(f): 7:56am On Sep 20, 2011
In this materialistic world its easy to box an asset as only a money investment,

the bible says he marrys a good wife - complete the sentence?

When a man marrys a woman who understands him, builds his ego, takes care of his children, keeps his house clean& harmonious with a feminine touch and brings fresh nutritious home cooked food to the table on time.
She is able to receive inspiration and communicate it to him without harming his ego and generally he just feels like superman in her arms whether at night or any time. He knows she will not take rubbish from him but she ain't leaving him to cope with the world alone either. She is kind and gives to charity. She loves people and shres her smile generously then she is an asset.

She runs a business or has a job is a bonus and this is not for the man but for her self, as here she is able to use her mental energy and make a success of herself outside of her home increases her confidence and self esteem and makes her a better woman.

In my opinion one of the most important successes a woman can achieve is a happy hubby and well balanced kids then she is an asset.
Of cos in this day and age being able to succeed materially is very important and as ambitious as i am this comes secondary meaning if i am in a business meeting and my hubby needs me urgently God forbid he is at the hospital , i will end the meeting fast and go be with him , to be this makes me irreplaceable, an asset and J D rokafella has a quote that say next to doing the right thing the most important is to let the world know.

So being an asset to your hubby is not enough, making him realise you are an asset  is the next most important thing , make your self scarce from time to time so he knows you are not his mum for better appreciation.
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by Nayah(f): 8:34am On Sep 20, 2011
I don't have any problem with that, if I think the same thing about my partner and as long as he's not offended
But yes, the better is that your partner doesn't feel he's an item
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by areee(m): 11:02am On Sep 20, 2011
Ladies are fixed assets. U ve to charge depreciation on them yearly, maintenance is compulsory
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by Princek12(m): 12:35pm On Sep 20, 2011
it is not the men's fault that we call some women assets; it is those women's fault who have put a price tag on themselves for the highest bidder. These women demand purchase and maintenance money for their love; so if you are spending all that money an a girl and she is benefiting you in whatever you feel, then it is logical to call her an asset. If she is not yielding any return, then she is a liability.
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by Nayah(f): 12:39pm On Sep 20, 2011
^^ Prince, hello brother I'm glad you say "some" and you're right but if you men stop putting on relieve material things things will change for sure
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by otokx(m): 12:40pm On Sep 20, 2011
claremont said it well
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 20, 2011
The last i checked, dictionary definition of asset is a "useful or valuable person"! How would calling my partner an asset be insulting?
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by Princek12(m): 1:00pm On Sep 20, 2011
Nayah:

^^ Prince, hello brother I'm glad you say "some" and you're right but if you men stop putting on relieve material things things will change for sure

Yup. To be real, some girls put themselves up for sale, while some do not. I have met girls from both ends of the spectrum. And I thank God for the gift of being able to treat people the way they are deserving. If you present yourself as a commodity, so will I treat you; if you present yourself as a respectful woman who needs love, I will shower you with not only love but also the material things. At least at that point you know that girl is not just a money-hungry girl.  If you bring drama, I will reciprocate with drama and kick you to the curb.
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by allure1(f): 1:01pm On Sep 20, 2011
Asset ko. . . collectibles ni?
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by whobemumu(m): 1:24pm On Sep 20, 2011
as·set
noun /ˈaset/ 
assets, plural

A useful or valuable thing, person, or quality
- quick reflexes were his chief asset
- the school is an asset to the community

Property owned by a person or company, regarded as having value and available to meet debts, commitments, or legacies
- growth in net assets
- debiting the asset account

Military equipment, such as planes, ships, communications and radar installations, employed or targeted in military operations

good husband or wife is an asset !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by Sike(m): 1:43pm On Sep 20, 2011
sexkillz:

The last i checked, dictionary definition of asset is a "useful or valuable person"! How would calling my partner an asset be insulting?
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by dayokanu(m): 1:49pm On Sep 20, 2011
hmmm
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by Fokativ: 2:24pm On Sep 20, 2011
All these baseless arguments sef.
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by Konjour(m): 3:09pm On Sep 20, 2011
My girl is as much an ASSET to me as i believe i am to her. Nuff said. cool
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by Johnnny(m): 4:22pm On Sep 20, 2011
Yes o, a woman is an asset

more especially if she is well endowed with 'A.S.S.'

so it becomes an A>S>S>E>T. grin grin grin
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by Fokativ: 4:24pm On Sep 20, 2011
Johnnny:

Yes o, a woman is an asset

more especially if she is well endowed with 'A.S.S.'

so it becomes an A>S>S>E>T. grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

is There A Shortage Of Marriage-able Men In Nigeria? Girls Becoming Desperate / Naija Girl Insulted Me Because Of A Korean Actor (picture) / What I Saw In Paris This Morning (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.