Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,819 members, 7,872,751 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:04 PM

Anthony Joshua Announces Retirement From Boxing If He Loses His Next Fight - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Announces Retirement From Boxing If He Loses His Next Fight (319 Views)

Daniella Hemsley Flashes Breasts: Got Banned From Boxing Final (pictures) / UCL Final: Nigerian Man Cries Bitterly As He Loses His ₦4.5M House To A Bet / Kubrat Pulev Fined, Banned From Boxing After Kissing Female Reporter (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anthony Joshua Announces Retirement From Boxing If He Loses His Next Fight by bestofnollywood: 4:20pm On Mar 28, 2023
Anthony Joshua has confirmed that he will retire from boxing if he loses to Jermaine Franklin on Saturday.

Joshua was scheduled to fight Tyson Fury in November or December, however, the fight never happened due to sponsorship issues. The 33-year-old is now billed to face Franklin on Saturday at the O2 Arena in Greenwich, London.

The former champion will hope to upturn his bad form, after losing to Oleksandr Usyk in August of 2022 and get back in contention for the title.

“I will retire if I don't win," Joshua said when asked about a possible end to his career.

“I’m not here to battle people. If people want me to retire I will retire. I’m not willing to fight if people don’t want me to.”

“It’s not even about money. It’s about the competitor in you. That's important."

Speaking about his post-retirement plans, Joshua indicated he would enjoy himself despite the pressure he has had to bear in his career.

‘I know when I am retired, I am gonna be chilling,” he said.

READ ON>>>

https://applesbite.com/anthony-joshua-announces-retirement-from-boxing-if-he-loses-his-next-fight/

Re: Anthony Joshua Announces Retirement From Boxing If He Loses His Next Fight by naijapikin2(m): 4:24pm On Mar 28, 2023
He will not retire, it's a gimmick to attract viewers to his next fight. After all many retired boxers are being touted for a quick return to the ring.
Oga you will not retire.

But then again, you will win your next fight, cos there's some level of prearranged things in boxing, if you get warrah mean. cool
Re: Anthony Joshua Announces Retirement From Boxing If He Loses His Next Fight by charlesdinho(m): 4:30pm On Mar 28, 2023
you are winning the fight champion
Re: Anthony Joshua Announces Retirement From Boxing If He Loses His Next Fight by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:50pm On Mar 28, 2023
should have retired 3 fights ago...
Re: Anthony Joshua Announces Retirement From Boxing If He Loses His Next Fight by Kooldon(f): 5:16pm On Mar 28, 2023
This our ajebutter boxer, e too dey talk and less action
Re: Anthony Joshua Announces Retirement From Boxing If He Loses His Next Fight by Capernum: 6:00pm On Mar 28, 2023
Unto wetin? How many years you don dey box? Must you retire even if you loose the next 5?

(1) (Reply)

Real Madrid V Manchester City: Champions League Semi-final, First Leg / Mauricio Pochettino: 7 Things You Need To Know About New Chelsea Manager / Why Does Bruno Fernandez Hate Cristiano Ronaldo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.