Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,063 members, 7,949,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 02:52 PM

Its Time To Move The Federal Capital To The East - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Its Time To Move The Federal Capital To The East (5001 Views)

This Is A Police Station In Kwali, Abuja, Nigeria's Federal Capital Territory. / General Murtala's Speech On Creation Of New Federal Capital / Moving The Federal Capital Territory From Abuja To Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Its Time To Move The Federal Capital To The East by Johnpaul2k2(m): 10:07am On Sep 20, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Proudly ibo.i trust you but i just can't imagine how the breaking news will be if the president of nigeria is being kidnapped in iboland by an iboman ?
it will no longer be a news, but i know that can never happen.
we are only afraid of the massive development South East will get cool cool cool
Re: Its Time To Move The Federal Capital To The East by delpee(f): 11:28am On Sep 20, 2011
Clowns!
grin
Re: Its Time To Move The Federal Capital To The East by mallorca(m): 11:31am On Sep 20, 2011
Good ideal
Re: Its Time To Move The Federal Capital To The East by samyng(m): 11:55am On Sep 20, 2011
[size=13pt]Hehehe GOD help Nigeria   smiley cheesy cheesy grin[/size]
Re: Its Time To Move The Federal Capital To The East by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 20, 2011
stagger:

Can the OP tell me where in the East there is a single town with good roads, not to talk of decently planned housing and stuff like you have in the FCT?

The East is a dungeon. Why would anyone want to move the capital there? Methinks OP needs to have his head examined for even contriving such a thought.
**How old r u??I suppose u were stil under way wen Abuja was made capital else u shuldnt hv typed dis si.lly, dull.ard.For your info,Abuja ws far worse than any part of d East before it became FCT quote me anywhere or beta stil make your research google is always handy**
Re: Its Time To Move The Federal Capital To The East by nasoeb: 12:39pm On Sep 20, 2011
@ Olubabajc

Is beta dey move it to togo so u guys will stop fight here

Correct Exec at Togo, Judicial at Cotonou and Leg at Ghana

wetin dey hungry this igbo people na to sell Nigeria wey dem dun try before but God pass dem.

the best will be Judicial in Kogi, Exec in Port Harcourt and Legislative in Lagos, OP abi all of us no be Southern Naija, so no shaking we go move on like that because its NOT a MUST that it must be in any igboland
Re: Its Time To Move The Federal Capital To The East by Z20: 12:58pm On Sep 20, 2011
Yes we need the F.C.T.in the east because we are the igbos,the engine on which nigeria moves,the brain box of nigeria infact the light of the nation.The yorubas got there share in lagos,the hausas in abuja,now its our turn in enugu,infact Gej have to act fast or else!.Show me a true business man in nigeria and beyond that will not travel to the east to purchase his or her product.Please we need it,
Re: Its Time To Move The Federal Capital To The East by chino11(m): 1:29pm On Sep 20, 2011
The most suitable place for the capital is Anambra, precisely Nnewi the home base of Eze Igbo gburu gburu, Dim Odumegwu Emeka Ojukwu. Nnewi as an emerging city is equally the center of Igboland and also majorly a virgin space for future developments and advancement.
Re: Its Time To Move The Federal Capital To The East by Librate(m): 2:22pm On Sep 20, 2011
there is no cause 4 alarm cus my house is too secured 4 Mr PRESIDENT to stay so the capital cn be in abj bt let the presido live in my house. we av put security measures in place
Re: Its Time To Move The Federal Capital To The East by nagoma(m): 2:56pm On Sep 20, 2011
[img][/i[flash=200,200][/flash][url][/url]mg]
Re: Its Time To Move The Federal Capital To The East by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 20, 2011
Are u people talking about Biafran capital, well i suggest Okigwe so that the place can expand. Please any Igbo town or amulet for Nigerian capital
Re: Its Time To Move The Federal Capital To The East by silibaba: 4:49pm On Sep 20, 2011
they shud bring it down to HEARTLAND OF THE NATION smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Its Time To Move The Federal Capital To The East by CuteTj(m): 4:59pm On Sep 20, 2011
Dumb suggestion by the poster! Just because Lagos(South west) has had it, FCT Abuja (North central) is having it presently doesnt mean it should be shifted to Enugu(South east) for no reasonable reason other than to satisfy ibos. Someone is proposing Enugu, another Anambra, another Abia, You for carry the capital plant for all the South eastern states. And don't forget that we have North east, North west and South south also existing in Nigeria. So far Nigeria is existing, the capital will always remain in Abuja and if you know you are not pleased with it leave Nigeria and go and create your own country (and even if the ibos succeed in doing that which is not even possible in the first place, they will still disagree and kill themselves over where to situate their capital because ibos are never united).
Re: Its Time To Move The Federal Capital To The East by Neldre(m): 5:08pm On Sep 20, 2011
u guys are never serious for once in ur pathetic lives. if u want to move the FCT, the first option should be Lagos. in the world, the most popular state in 9ja is Lagos. even more than Abuja itself. if we are to move the FCT, move it to where it would be shielded from targets. it was targeted by the hausas because it is in their midst and they are prone to wars. ibos are also violent as we saw in the niger-delta crisis. the less violent ones are the yorubas. if it is placed in Lagos (Island such as Ikoyi, VI, Lekki, Ajah), na flood go wash am away. if it is in Ibadan, it wont be okay as such because Ibadan sometimes develop internal crisis. the FCT needs a peaceful place. Thats why I'm suggesting only one cool place where there has never been any news of crisis- OSOGBO, the state capital of OSUN (THE STATE OF THE LIVING SPRING)
Re: Its Time To Move The Federal Capital To The East by mekaboy(m): 5:31pm On Sep 20, 2011
[b] AND WHO SAID THERE IS NO REASON TO MOVE THE CAPITAL TO THE EAST, ?

1, IT HAS BEEN IN LAGOS NOW LAGOS HAS BECOME TO COMMERCIAL TO BE THE CAPTITAL.

2, ABUJA IS IN THE NORTH GIVING THE NOTHERNERS THE IMPRESSION THAT THE COUNTRY BELONGS TO THEM SINCE THAT IS WHERE THE SIT OF POWER IS.

3, CAPITAL BRINGS DEVELOPMENT TO ANY REGION, IF IT MOVES TO THE EAST , THE EAST WILL DEVELOP RAPIDLY WITHIN 4YEARS. AND EVERY PART OF NIGERIA WILL BE DEVELOPED AND AS WELL.

4, ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS IN ABUJA AFFECTS NIGERIA'S IMAGE, THAT IS WHY THE UN BUILDING ATTACK IS A SHAME TO NIGERIA, ITS EASIER FOR B.HARAM TO ATTACK IN ABUJA because ITS IN THE NORTH.

5, THE EAST HAS DONE VERY WELL ON THEIR OWN EVEN WITHOUT THE PRESENCE OF THE CAPITAL, IMAGINE WHAT IT WILL BE LIKE IF THE CAPITAL WAS THERE.

THOSE AGAINST CAPITAL MOVING TO THE EAST, WHAT IS UR PROBLEM WITH IT, U DONT WANT THE EAST TO GET ITS SHARE OF THE DEVELOPMENT?, JUST WAIT TILL CONTAINERS START ARRIVING AT ONITSHA PORT AND SEE WHAT WILL HAPPEN. grin grin

[/b]
Re: Its Time To Move The Federal Capital To The East by MMM2(m): 7:05pm On Sep 20, 2011
not yet
Re: Its Time To Move The Federal Capital To The East by CuteTj(m): 7:19pm On Sep 20, 2011
^^ nothing like not yet, NEVER! Im not from the North nor do i have any interest in Abuja whatsoever but they should move it to a zone just for the sole purpose of satisfying a group of people is not reasonable. The South east can develop in other ways apart from situating the capital in the zone by good foresight and well laid down plans.^^ nothing like not yet, NEVER! Im not from the North nor do i have any interest in Abuja whatsoever but they should move it to a zone just for the sole purpose of satisfying a group of people is not reasonable. The South east can develop in other ways apart from situating the capital in the zone by good foresight and well laid down plans.
Re: Its Time To Move The Federal Capital To The East by babeface3: 7:21pm On Sep 20, 2011
On Aburi we stand! cool
Re: Its Time To Move The Federal Capital To The East by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 20, 2011
What is aburi ?
Re: Its Time To Move The Federal Capital To The East by mekaboy(m): 8:01pm On Sep 20, 2011

THERE IS A PURPOSE, SECURITY AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT , IF THE CAPITAL WAS IN NIGER DELTA CAN U IMAGINE WAT THE MILITANTS WOULD HAVE TURNED THE CAPITAL INTO BECAUSE THEY BELIEVE THEY OWN THE OIL ?

NOW ITS IN THE NORTH THE NORTHERNERS ARE GOING CRAZY BECAUSE THE BELIEVE THEY OWN THE SIT OF POWER, LET IT BE MOVED TO THE EAST SO NIGERIANS WILL KNOW THAT NOBODY OWNS NIGERIA AND CAPITAL CAN MOVE TO ANYWHERE AND STILL OPERATE.

Re: Its Time To Move The Federal Capital To The East by alienvirus: 10:11pm On Sep 20, 2011
Shattap there^^^ if the capital should move to igboland, after that where else, capital is now turned to draft tiles that u can movw around. Can u imagine d senselessness being displayed here
Re: Its Time To Move The Federal Capital To The East by LoveKing(m): 11:02pm On Sep 20, 2011
moving the capital to the east is like recreating biafra.
Re: Its Time To Move The Federal Capital To The East by Chaldook(m): 1:42am On Sep 21, 2011
9jarians 're 'nt compatible, let's not deceive ourselfs. Though d politicians 'll b obstacles 2 d breking up process, out of their greed d 2015 deadline is a realistic 1 being dat it is an election year, & a time of violence and disagreements btw ethnic groups and religions. For e.g look at 2 nairaland members (a yoruba & an igbo guy) insulting demselfs. Pple who kul demselfs nigerians & 're supposed 2 act as brother's and friends. (very sad). 9jarians shouldn't divide in2 southern & northern nigeria but in2 4 difference nations (east, west, north & south) d east led by massob, d west by afenifere, d south by mend and d north unified under boko haram as an islam state. I can confidentally tell u dat d north and east really needs dis, because as d north want nigeria islamatized, d east 're also planning a mini country, modeling it after india's government, economy & security affairs. y massob, d west by afenifere, d south by mend and d north unified under boko haram as an islam state. I can confidentally tell u dat d north and east really needs dis, because as d north want nigeria islamatized, d east 're also planning a mini country, modeling it after india's government, economy & security affairs.
Re: Its Time To Move The Federal Capital To The East by babeface3: 11:11am On Sep 21, 2011
~Bluetooth:

What is aburi ?

Do small research on the Aburi Ghana conference. The agreement there will make us good.
Re: Its Time To Move The Federal Capital To The East by Librate(m): 4:08pm On Sep 23, 2011
let the capital come to the home of master minders
and that place is ABA angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

N1trn Projects Smuggled Into 2012 Budget As Foolish Nigerians Criticize Sanusi / Fire Razes Katsina Governor's Office / Why Yorubas Are Wailing Over Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.